Want a greater variety of Paint Chips? Try these Cars & Share your Favourite Paint Chips

• Thread starter Akwaaba
  • 809 comments
This seems to be happening often, I was thinking about making a list of all the factory colors, so someone could just search there.

Who thinks this is a good idea?
Go for it. It'd help with my colour matching thread too. 👍

hsv
Bah, too hungry to do it now. I may start it this evening. Go through the dealerships by alphabetical order.

I'll list each car, and the color options that come with it. It will obviously be a work in progress for a long time, as that's a lot of cars to go through.

This seems to be happening often, I was thinking about making a list of all the factory colors, so someone could just search there.

Who thinks this is a good idea?

hsv
The GT5 paint chip database is a good starting point, it has 98% of the colors with manufacturers already adding models to the chip name lively accents to it would be super great.

What paint chips will reproduce the following GT4 Special Color cars? The 360 is not included as the answer is obivious: WR Blue Mica, available from your favorite Imprezas. :)

gt4_isuzu_117_coupe__68__special_color__by_lubeify200-d4ymceg.jpg

gt4_tvr_cerbera_speed_12__00__special_color__by_lubeify200-d4uwi66.jpg

gt4_aston_martin_db9_coupe__03__special_color__by_lubeify200-d606ln4.jpg

gt4_citroen_2cv_type_a__54__special_color__by_lubeify200-d520df1.jpg

gt4_triumph_spitfire_1500__74__special_color__by_lubeify200-d606r5l.jpg

gt4_renault_avantime___02__special_color__tuned__by_lubeify200-d58yisa.jpg

MGFInfineonT.jpg

f808d09d98e73c8544641a057300b063-d4uwj5a.jpg
That Gran Turismo 4.......

Bah, too hungry to do it now. I may start it this evening. Go through the dealerships by alphabetical order.

I'll list each car, and the color options that come with it. It will obviously be a work in progress for a long time, as that's a lot of cars to go through.
That would be quite a good idea and I am sure it would help a lot of people.

The GT5 paint chip database is a good starting point, it has 98% of the colors with manufacturers already adding models to the chip name lively accents to it would be super great.
You've probably saved me a weeks work! :lol: thanks.

That would be quite a good idea and I am sure it would help a lot of people.
I'll get on it when I have some available time. I know I've wanted one before, I have lots of really cool chips, with no idea where they came from.

You've probably saved me a weeks work! :lol: thanks.
👍 I'm sure going through this thread will get you a lot of information as well. And I dunno how much work this would be but add a non-acquire list of chips on a different page so we could have a quick reference of chips we can never own.

👍 I'm sure going through this thread will get you a lot of information as well. And I dunno how much work this would be but add a non-acquire list of chips on a different page so we could have a quick reference of chips we can never own.
I was just thinking of that, but for me to do it, it would mean buying every car to find out if they gave chips. Not something I have the credits, or the time to grind for them to do.

However, no one is going to be asking where they got the chip if it's impossible to have in the first place, so we should be good. :P

Anyway, here's the format I'll be using:

(Logo)
(Brand Name)

(Car Name)
(Paint names, separated by commas)

For instance.

8742475386_e69915d867_o.jpg

Chevrolet:

Camaro Z/28 '69:
Tuxedo Black, LeMans Blue Metallic, etc. etc.

Or, should I go by paint chip?

Chevrolet:

Tuxedo Black:
Camaro SS '69, Camaro Z/28 '69, etc. etc.

?

I was just thinking of that, but for me to do it, it would mean buying every car to find out if they gave chips. Not something I have the credits, or the time to grind for them to do.

However, no one is going to be asking where they got the chip if it's impossible to have in the first place, so we should be good. :P

Anyway, here's the format I'll be using:

(Logo)
(Brand Name)

(Car Name)
(Paint names, separated by commas)

For instance.

Chevrolet:

Camaro Z/28 '69:
Tuxedo Black, LeMans Blue Metallic, etc. etc.

Or, should I go by paint chip?

Chevrolet:

Tuxedo Black:
Camaro SS '69, Camaro Z/28 '69, etc. etc.

?
Maybe add what color stripe it gives if that is possible. But it would probably cost a lot of $$$$

Maybe add what color stripe it gives if that is possible. But it would probably cost a lot of $$$$
Yeah, that'd be too expensive.

Maybe everyone here could give feedback? For instance, I know LeMans Blue Metallic gives a black stripe. If everyone provides the knowledge they have, we may end up with a pretty complete list.

Yeah, that'd be too expensive.

Maybe everyone here could give feedback? For instance, I know LeMans Blue Metallic gives a black stripe. If everyone provides the knowledge they have, we may end up with a pretty complete list.
Yeah I could help out with that if you want.

@Dagger311 i think putting a help request thread out there for the livery effects would get a lot of feedback pretty quick I'm sure between the commnuity we have every paint chip I. The game and every car so getting a full list is doable.
I would list by paint then manufacture then by model(s) than lively color(s). I recall seeing a lively thread someplace around here.
The reason to do by color is some. Some colors have several. Hips that have slightly different colors and lively effects to them.

@Dagger311 i think putting a help request thread out there for the livery effects would get a lot of feedback pretty quick I'm sure between the commnuity we have every paint chip I. The game and every car so getting a full list is doable.
I would list by paint then manufacture then by model(s) than lively color(s). I recall seeing a lively thread someplace around here.
The reason to do by color is some. Some colors have several. Hips that have slightly different colors and lively effects to them.
I'm going to start the thread as soon as I can get on my ps3 to get the dealerships that aren't on the gt5 list. I'll ask for help on stripe colors there.

I'm going to start the thread as soon as I can get on my ps3 to get the dealerships that aren't on the gt5 list. I'll ask for help on stripe colors there.
You could use the web page ;) http://us.gran-turismo.com it has dealership lists for GT6 and 5 I thinks.
I'll get some feedback one the paints to you after Monday cause that's when I'll have time to get back on the PS3, Turing my house in a lighted holiday glow fest this weekend.

You could use the web page ;) http://us.gran-turismo.com it has dealership lists for GT6 and 5 I thinks.
I'll get some feedback one the paints to you after Monday cause that's when I'll have time to get back on the PS3, Turing my house in a lighted holiday glow fest this weekend.
Ah, yes. I meant like, Abarth. They're the first one by alphabetical order, and I don't have the names of their paint chips. I'll get it when I can jump on.

Okay, there's a problem.

According to the gt5 database, some colors have the same name, but look different...

That's a problem without me being able to provide sample squares of each color.

Okay, there's a problem.

According to the gt5 database, some colors have the same name, but look different...

That's a problem without me being able to provide sample squares of each color.
Do the colors by shade light to dark, when applied to a car body

Do the colors by shade light to dark, when applied to a car body
That would take way too long.

I suppose it'll just have to be trial and error on which one you have. For instance, there's two reds with the same name, but one is a pink-ish color.

That would take way too long.

I suppose it'll just have to be trial and error on which one you have. For instance, there's two reds with the same name, but one is a pink-ish color.
I would take a while but it would be doable and the GT5 sheet is already mostly shorted this way. All the duplicate chips are listed with a description of the color variance.

GT5 chip data base in case you don't have it bookmarked already. It's huge so it's takes a while to load.

I only have 1 red (I think it's "rot red") that allows white stripes on cars, can someone tell me if there are other reds (non-metallic) that allow white stripes on cars?

reds similar to this one:
5477-logo-red-zoom.jpg

Cranberry red will give a white strip. It's listed as a solid, but it's got a slight pearl shine to it. It's from the Nissan Silvia (S13).

Edit: Someone already mentioned that...

Cranberry red will give a white strip. It's listed as a solid, but it's got a slight pearl shine to it. It's from the Nissan Silvia (S13).

Edit: Someone already mentioned that...

Indeed it was previously mentioned, but still, thank you. :)

I would take a while but it would be doable and the GT5 sheet is already mostly shorted this way. All the duplicate chips are listed with a description of the color variance.

GT5 chip data base in case you don't have it bookmarked already. It's huge so it's takes a while to load.
I have the database, thanks. We'll see. I think the best way to do it might be to link that document in the thread, and just do the newly added cars. Not only does that save loads of time, but it makes it so you won't have to scroll for an hour to reply.

Reds that give a white stripe.

vw rot uni, fiat rosso corallo, are brightest solid paints other is the misano pearl mentioned above

Solid paints
"Dark Red"
"Salsa"
"Rot Uni"
"Rosso corallo scuro"
"Sunrise red"
"Regency Red"
"Prugna"

Metallic
"Radiant red (pm)"
"Bordeaux red metallic"
"Rosso rubino"
"Rouge de mars"
"Competizione red"
"Imperial red"
"Caviar"
"Rosso proteo metallizzato"

Pearl
Canyon red
Muranrot perleffekt
Copper red mica

Don't forget the amazing Gran Turismo Red Metallic! :)

I've been looking at old green Miura pics, and I think Verde Mela (Lancia) is closer than fantasiagrun (or however the Lupo paint is spelled). What do you think? Other choices are Lime Green (don't remember where I got it) and the Verde from the Dino.

Back