War Thunder (F2P Air/Ground combat MMO)

:lol: i might pre-order one of the french planes.
Better get this one:
B9GIQ6qrWGY.jpg

Reportedly, the French Yak-9T is the best French premium right now.

https://warthunder.com/en/news/5224-special-festive-quest-en

There's another event running now. Four premium vehicles: - AEC Mk.II, Ersatz M10 (a Panther G disguised as an M10 Wolverhine), P-40C and N.C.900 (the French copy of the Fw.190A-8) - are the prizes. + You can also win Fw.189 and KV-2 1940 for the "Christmas lights" tasks.

I gave up on the tank tasks (actually, I could do them if I had more time) but I'm doing the plane ones. I have rank 3+ premium vehicles in all trees except France, so the N.C.900 would be really useful for me.

Last edited:
Yup.... Bought the Magach to help the grind with that. Currently grinding the M48, T95E1, M56 and the M42 so it'll be a while. I guess I'll also be buying premium time to help the grind go on... Getting only 1000 RP on standard account vs getting up to 6-8k RP in one game with the premium tanks is just too good to not pass up to help out.

I'll get the Leo 2K instantly though... can't wait for the 120mm gun lol.

Yup. Not a fan of it being locked behind a paywall, where games from Wargamming allow you to use essentially the same thing for no cost at all.
But in the Belarusian MMO action games, you can't ignore a vehicle you don't like and use another one to progress on the tree, like you can in WT. Well, actually you can skip it, but you need a LOT of convertible RP to do that in WoT/WoWS/WoWP. But I like the WT system more. You still need to research and buy the previous vehicle to buy the new one, but it's not necessary to play on it.

Also, the players on the DEV server have tested the blow-off panels in the Abrams turret. They work as they should do.
Another new mechanic implemented successfully, good job Gaijin.

If you want to take a break from grinding, then free-to-play MMO games are not the right place. :sly:

Haha I know I know. Love how soothing the game can be though.

Setup my controller for sim flying and made my own custom game lobby flying over Wake Island.

Gorgeous game!

Back onto the topic of GE, how does one earn GE in the game? Im on PS4 BTW

Back onto the topic of GE, how does one earn GE in the game? Im on PS4 BTW
Easiest way - to buy them for real money. If you play on PS4, then you do it in the Store. Normally, the eagles are meant to be bought.

You can also win some GE using the "golden battle" wagers. Two years ago, they were dropping as a random daily log-in prize (every 14 consecutive days) quite often. But now, you're much more likely to get a free "test drive" (a premium vehicle given to you for a short period of time, 1 to 24 hours AFAIK) than a golden wager.

And, GE can be acquired through promo codes (that are won in contests in the official communities on social media, etc), but that's normally for PC players.

If you want to buy and spend some GE on a premium plane or tank, I can advice something for a beginner.

But in the Belarusian MMO action games, you can't ignore a vehicle you don't like and use another one to progress on the tree, like you can in WT. Well, actually you can skip it, but you need a LOT of convertible RP to do that in WoT/WoWS/WoWP. But I like the WT system more. You still need to research and buy the previous vehicle to buy the new one, but it's not necessary to play on it.

Also, the players on the DEV server have tested the blow-off panels in the Abrams turret. They work as they should do.
Another new mechanic implemented successfully, good job Gaijin.
I mostly play their warships title and not so much planes/tanks. I hear the economy in ships is much better than that of the latter. I will counter your argument however in that yes, you must use the vehicle of that specific line you go down to progress to the next, but the amount of boosters you can mount to your ship is amazing. In a 20 minute game you can potentially unlock 1/6th of the research needed to progress to the top vehicle of that line and have an additional, guaranteed, win condition only when your booster will be used (not for the economical flags however). Plus, it's not just a once used deal for one game only, as it's implemented on every ship, updated every day. I nearly have all of the game unlocked in the 2 years I've been playing in comparison to only having about 2 pages fully unlocked, and 2 pages 3/4 unlocked.

Granted, there's a lot more content in war thunder than there is in WoWS, the grind is significantly shorter and there are much, much more aids offered to the players with "fail-safes" in act to assure larger payouts.

The 1.77 update is out. I launched the game again after a long break.

I love the new sounds. Especially the machine gun sounds.

The graphics has changed, too. I like the new water physics:
20180314202201_1.jpg
20180314202214_1.jpg

P.S. My current PC isn't high-end, but the game still looks great.

Last edited:
The 1.77 update is out. I launched the game again after a long break.

I love the new sounds. Especially the machine gun sounds.

The graphics has changed, too. I like the new water physics:
View attachment 721979 View attachment 721980

P.S. My current PC isn't high-end, but the game still looks great.
Looks better than mine.

Bought the Abrams/Magach today. Love both. So many people were saying the Abrams was going to be awful and that it won't stand a chance, but from everything I was looking at and watching really all that needed to be done was flank hard enough to get on their sides for the enemies that flank themselves. So far so good as it has led me to a 70% w/r with nearly 2.5 KD. Still grinding modules for it but the stock shell really is great. Can't wait to get the M774 shell.

Been getting into Tank RB. I gotta say I've been missing out on a lot. It's so rewarding and it's instantaneous battle. No need to fly for about 10 min and then get shot down in a heartbeat.

Been playing the Russian tech tree for a bit now. Go-to tanks for the moment are the BT-7 and T-28. BT-7 for blind charge to obtain a capture point and the T-28 to hunt, I guess.

Although I've gotten more kills in the T-26 reserve than both tanks combined :lol:

Love that little thing.

Edit

Replaced the T-28 with the T-50. Let's see how it goes.

Last edited:
Been getting into Tank RB. I gotta say I've been missing out on a lot. It's so rewarding and it's instantaneous battle. No need to fly for about 10 min and then get shot down in a heartbeat.

Been playing the Russian tech tree for a bit now. Go-to tanks for the moment are the BT-7 and T-28. BT-7 for blind charge to obtain a capture point and the T-28 to hunt, I guess.

Although I've gotten more kills in the T-26 reserve than both tanks combined :lol:

Love that little thing.

Edit

I have T-44-100, IS-3, ASU-85, ISU-122 and ZSU-37 as tops of each Soviet line. Plus a number of premiums.

The T-44 is good (but needs some skill and luck), IS-3 is currently terrible (for all of its history in WT, it was either OP as hell or weak as hell).

The T-28 was very useful during the "Chronicles of WWII" event. And, yes, the event:
https://warthunder.com/en/news/5453-special-chronicles-of-world-war-ii-in-war-thunder-en

There are 6 unique premium vehicles available to win. I'm going after the T18E2 Boarhound and Lorraine 155 (and I have the Matilda F-96 already, won it a year ago).
The current stage is El Alamein, I'm progressing on it with M4 Sherman. I'll get the Boarhound soon.

Last edited:

Love that little thing.

Edit

It's a lot of fun Tank RB, have been playing since launch on PS4.

I have been going through the lower tiers with a friend new to the game, I don't really enjoy the BR1.0 - 2.7 stuff. I feel the game comes into its own when you start reaching 3.3 and greater, really the first of the T-34's, KV-1's etc. The tactics and strategy really begin to open up. But still great playing the lower tier tanks again, some of the concepts and playing through the design iterations of the early tanks is really interesting.

Glad you are enjoying it. Have you played a bit in Air RB in the past?

Back