War Thunder (F2P Air/Ground combat MMO)

I'm just confused at how the plane doesn't work for you when it operates normally for others. It's not the best 3.0 US plane, but it's not the worst 3.0 in the game either...

I just got 🤬 over by a server. Was in a dive, realized I wouldn't get lined up on my target so I pulled out of the dive, and used a bit of combat flaps to pull the plane back up quicker. As I got the plane back into a climb, and retracted the flaps, the server decided I needed to snap 90 degrees over and get thrust into the ground instead.

:irked:

I just got 🤬 over by a server. Was in a dive, realized I wouldn't get lined up on my target so I pulled out of the dive, and used a bit of combat flaps to pull the plane back up quicker. As I got the plane back into a climb, and retracted the flaps, the server decided I needed to snap 90 degrees over and get thrust into the ground instead.

:irked:
That is lag.

Yes, I know.

Starting to realize my luck with American planes isn't down to me flying them wrong. It's down to the rest of my team being less than intelligent. Too many games where I'm the only one that gets a kill while the rest of the team suicides into each other or gets shot down due to being at the ground. One match earlier, 4 team members all died at the exact same moment from crashing.. possibly into each other. I'm not really sure as they weren't in my line of sight at the time.

It also seems the .50cals for the Americans have been improved.

Hmh.. I think I shall still keep working on the rare cannon-carrying 'muricans. Those .50 cals they have have never impressed me..

I would have been working on some of the cannon equipped planes, but I don't know if it's me but the flight models on some of them seem disappointing. The first P-51 (along with the Apache as they share a flight model) don't seem to fly very well to me. In fact, I couldn't even keep the Apache flying level without pulling back on the stick slightly.

Spaded the P-38 yesterday. Took almost to the end of upgrading it to realize I wasn't flying it hard enough, so that was a mistake on my part, but I was still doing decent with it when I wasn't the first shot out of the sky. In fact, with any plane/match, I'd prefer not getting kills and not really accomplishing anything over getting shot down.

Some guy just had the audacity to call me out because I was side climbing, because "the team was going to need me".

Most of the team gets shot down, which is typical of a US/British team, and then the guy that calls me out crashes his perfectly good Spitfire because he was going after a pillbox.

:lol:

Some guy just had the audacity to call me out because I was side climbing, because "the team was going to need me".

Most of the team gets shot down, which is typical of a US/British team, and then the guy that calls me out crashes his perfectly good Spitfire because he was going after a pillbox.

:lol:
Real pros always die first, to teach the rest of the team in the chat how to play. :sly:

Has anyone seen the latest events? Quite fun using tier 5s.

Although it was funny on my first match. Facing a Meteor in an R2Y2 V1 and he had me for the entire game except 1 mistake and I managed to slice his wing off with the 30mm.

First time I won a personal discount as a random bonus, and this is 10% discount for the American Fw-190A-8 (that red one, tier IV). It would cost me 4900 * 0,9 = 4410 eagles. Two days to decide (until the discount is active).
:odd: What do you think, is it worth it?..

First time I won a personal discount as a random bonus, and this is 10% discount for the American Fw-190A-8 (that red one, tier IV). It would cost me 4900 * 0,9 = 4410 eagles. Two days to decide (until the discount is active).
:odd: What do you think, is it worth it?..

Well do you like the normal plane? It is the same plane pretty much.

I don't like the idea of captured planes. I understand it's realistic but it throws an imbalance into modes that aren't arcade.
It is ok in realistic.

It is suicide in sim though. Good pilots look for the silhouette and match it to an enemy model or a friendly model in their mind. So there would be a lot of accidental team killing.

I know this should probably go in the WT convo (does anyone even go there anymore?), but I don't think I had such a good tank battle in the last few months;

shot 2015.08.03 19.54.03.jpg

Did the tier II German tanks got godlike all of a sudden, or is it just me? I mean, it's not often for me to kill more than 3 tanks, much less 7. And that's not counting the three or four base captures that I did...

Got complimented on a kill earlier, which I believe is a first for me in the game. Was a perfectly lined up BnZ with a Spitfire Mk V on a Yak of some variant. Then I went on to attempt to BnZ another Yak that was tailing a P-51 when I got promptly removed from the sky by a Yak-9T. :mad:

Also, the summer madness thing is going on. I'm ignoring it because I am not putting that much effort into captured premiums. Russian P63A-10 and German KV-1b are the rewards.

Back