• 56 comments
Originally posted by The White Tornado
:lol:

We also have more medals overall than Canada. :P
i hope so White Tornado with 10X the population

United States / Canada

total medals won: 34 / 17
population: 300 million / 30 million

our 4th overall placing beat Russia and Austria and was our best winter olympics ever .....i'm pretty happy as are all Canadians right now :)

why can't everybody be happy ....it's all good fun in the end and it's just wonderful to live in North America

Originally posted by Schumy
i hope so White Tornado with 10X the population

United States / Canada

total medals won: 34 / 17
population: 300 million / 30 million

our 4th overall placing beat Russia and Austria and was our best winter olympics ever .....i'm pretty happy as are all Canadians right now :)

why can't everybody be happy ....it's all good fun in the end and it's just wonderful to live in North America

So, you could still have the same amount of olympians.

Heres a nice little background.... by me of course
5312_3572506779752698898.jpg

unfortunatly only available in 800x600

Originally posted by km
man that GOLD medal looks so good on team canada too bad that the states don't look so good oh wait that is cuz that states has a sliver :lol:

Too bad they're thinking "Hmm, when i do i have ta pay for this medal, eh?"

Originally posted by Klostrophobic

So, you could still have the same amount of olympians.
statistically, which country would likely have better athletes? ....the country with 30 million people or the country with 300 million people ....hmm, tough one

regardless, when have you ever seen Canada in 4th place overall? ....never .....and for our population size, we made a killer performance

Originally posted by GCstyle

Too bad they're thinking "Hmm, when i do i have ta pay for this medal, eh?"
"when i do i" ....oh yeah .....and i bet you're thinking "boy do i ever live in a swamp" eh? ;)

I forgot to thank all the Canadians - on behalf of your hockey players - for this great moment. seeing the American team go down like that was most satisfying for pretty much the whole world.

"when i do i" ....oh yeah .....and i bet you're thinking "boy do i ever live in a swamp" eh? ;)

Ah, swamp, guess i can't compete with that..... *chuckle*

Shoot, I wonder how many sports we can go at and either dominate or be a top player? What would the records say about America's sports level?

In response to all the Europeans and whoever that are so angry at us for our arrogant self perception, I urge my fellow Americans to be more arrogant.

ha ha ha.

Feh... Hockey comes from Canada... normal we won!

One thing i don't understand... why people in the USA call themselves "Americans"... Canadians and Mexicans aren't American too? why not call yourselves Staters? or United Staters?
Always trying to be better, huh! ;)

We call ourselves Americans, good observation! :dopey: ( ;) )

We never said you couldn't call the South Americans or Central Americans Americans also. Why are you called "Canadians"? Aren't you part of America too? :rolleyes:

technically, everyone who lives in North, Central and South America are Americans but there are so many countries that the term American is pretty vague ....i don't know why people living in the States call themselves American .....they are but like i said, it is vague ......people in Germany call themselves German, people in Britain call themselves British (slang: Brits) , people in France call themselves French, etc. .....i live in Canada of America and i call myself Canadian ......i don't know what would be a good name for people who live in the United States of America ....maybe Canada should have been named United Provinces of America

Originally posted by GCstyle
So's Asia and no one cares/notices.
if someone tells me that they are Asian or European, then they are not being very informative .....it is better to say that they are Chinese or Austrian or whatever .......likewise, if someone tells me they are American i would look at them funny ....it is better to say they are United Staters ;)

Originally posted by PunkRock
Feh... Hockey comes from Canada... normal we won!

One thing i don't understand... why people in the USA call themselves "Americans"... Canadians and Mexicans aren't American too? why not call yourselves Staters? or United Staters?
Always trying to be better, huh! ;)

United States of America

That is why we call ourselves Americans, it comes from America.

Canada, who is your president or prim minister or what ever you guys have over there?? We dont know anything about canada, these are sneeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeekeeeeee people. Why the hell do you guys say aboat when its about what the hell. JV F1 driver is the only thing good that ever came out of canada.

Originally posted by ZeroCool85

United States of America

That is why we call ourselves Americans, it comes from America.
we are Canada of America but we don't refer to ourselves as Americans ....it's so vague so why would you?

we are Canada of America but we don't refer to ourselves as Americans ....it's so vague so why would you?

Ugh, you're starting to get vague. Is that your favorite word? No, word of the day?

Originally posted by f1king
Canada, who is your president or prim minister or what ever you guys have over there?? We dont know anything about canada, these are sneeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeekeeeeee people. Why the hell do you guys say aboat when its about what the hell. JV F1 driver is the only thing good that ever came out of canada.
our Prime Minister is Jean Chretien ......over there? ....we're directly north .....unfortunately some people in the States don't yet know that .....actually, Toronto is more south than many parts of the States .....i think we're equal in latitude to northern California .......i've never heard anybody in Canada say "aboat" .....maybe if they have some speech disorder or are Newfoundlanders (j/k ...i love Newfies) .....and please don't criticize our language skills b/c we're not the nation with the vast majority of the popualtion having a hill-billy accent .....alot of good things come out of Canada ......the U.S. depends heavily on our seemingly infinite natural resources .....NASA seems to like our scientists .....we brew the best beer in NA .......about 60% of NHLers are Canadian .....and there are plenty more good things than just Jacques Villeneuves

but we understand that ignorance is not hate :)

if someone tells me that they are Asian or European, then they are not being very informative .....it is better to say that they are Chinese or Austrian or whatever .......likewise, if someone tells me they are American i would look at them funny ....it is better to say they are United Staters ;)

...or Unitarians. :P

Back