Wed 20:30-21:30 UK Time - CLOSED - Suspended until further noticePS4 

Well after seeing @WiSchmo's Ford rally video I had thought of running the WRX cars, but boy they are a bit wild! I think we'd be off track more than on. Maybe another time.

So instead to celebrate the return of @lancerevoo on Monday we'll give the Mitsubishi Lancer EVOs a try out. Well the 3 road going versions anyway avoiding the track car this week! They all handle very nicely, each having slightly different traits with differing power, gears and aids.

I'm working on a random track generation idea so I'll post something about that when ready. It's nearly there.

Around 10 minute races have recently seemed popular starting around 8pm (UK). All welcome, join at any time. Post on the Wednesday psn message if you need an invite - my personal assistant @richroo usually deals with that. :)

Last edited:
I'll post something about that when ready.
I'll create the track selection randomly by using a random number generator (RNG). With some testing I've found there's around 28 to choose from that fit the shorter races fairly well.

Below is the track list I've chosen that the RNG will pick from so you can practice some you might not know if you so desire.
The tracks are shorter versions between approximately 1 to 2 miles long (1.6 to 3.2 km) and generally ones that Sick doesn't use.

1) Barcelona National - 1.90 miles
2) Barcelona Club - 1.05 miles *
3) C.O.T.A Club - 1.23 *
4) Dubai Club - 1.52
5) Hockenheim Short - 1.63
6) Lydden Hill - 0.90 *
7) Mojave Sidewinder - 1.65 *
8) Mojave Gila Crest - 2.15 *
9) Mugello Short - 1.41
10) Nurbergring Mullenbach - 0.92 *
11) Nurbergring Sprint short - 1.90
12) Oschersleben B course - 1.51
13) Porsche Leipzig short - 1.36 *
14) Red Bull Ring National - 1.45
15) Red Bull Ring Club - 1.14 *
16) Ruapuna Park Club - 1.41
17) Raupuna B circuit - 0.99 *
18) Sakitto National - 1.92
19) Sakitto International - 1.76
20) Silverstone National - 1.63
21) Snetterton 100 - 0.99 *
22) Sonoma Short - 1.94
23) Texas Infield - 1.36
24) Willow Springs Horse Thief mile - 0.99

25) Knockhill International reverse - 1.29 miles (12 max)
26) Cadwell Park GP - 2.16 miles (12 max)

27) Silverstone Stowe - 0.79 (8 max) *

28) Pista di Fiorano - 1.86 * (Ferrari only)

* No pits (practice)

The track numbers will be used for the RNG. If a track proves to be unpopular I'll remove it from the list.
You will get to know the tracks better as we go along.

If this random track thingy works I might keep to that format for a while but changing the car type/classes each week. Perhaps randomly! It would keep things fresh while giving me less to think about!

So this weeks selection is this
Screenshot_2020-02-04-23-15-53-471.jpeg
Cross referencing my track numbers we start at (5) Hockenheim short then move to (23) Texas Infield, (11) Nurbergring sprint short, (14) Red Bull Ring National, (9) Mugello Short etc. We probably won't get though all 10 but they'll come around again another time.
I've not allowed duplicates yet so we'll get to see and use to more tracks.

You can use any of the 3 road EVOs at any time BUT if you win you can't use that model again until you've won in all 3 - works as a bit of an handicap system.

Anyway we'll see if my plans work out. Or even if anyone turns up. :P

Some ideas sort of adapted from @Zolon32's. Be good to see you sometime Zo.

Last edited:
How about the small Audi A1 this evening? Easy to drive and not too fast. Should hopefully provide some close racing on the shorter tracks.

Random track generation
Screenshot_2020-02-12-15-13-39-872.jpeg
3) C.O.T.A Club - 1.23 *
4) Dubai Club - 1.52
6) Lydden Hill - 0.90 *
9) Mugello Short - 1.41
22) Sonoma Short - 1.94
23) Texas Infield - 1.36

28) Pista di Fiorano - 1.86 * (Ferrari only)

* No pits (practice)

Last edited:
@Hygrade B - Sick has currently suspended his Wednesday races so I just run a lobby from about 8pm to keep the slot going. At the moment we're doing short races on short tracks in slow(ish) cars. See posts above.

I usually post up a few details beforehand. Join at anytime. Anyway good to see you. 👍
Hope you enjoyed it. It's better as you get to know the circuit variations.

Last edited:
The rally Sweden is on for this weekend, but wait a second: Where has the snow gone?! :eek: Still amazing driving, and that's just the shakedown :D

Almost being canceled due to unusually high temperatures, the organizers decided to go ahead and race, albeit with less stages than originally planned. Mind, they are still using studded tires, so I guess we just have to imagine everything is white around them ;)

And always remember: "If in doubt, flat out"

Ok this week a slight change. Thinking about something @richroo said last week we'll have 2 races at each track. It'll give everyone a chance to get used to the layouts. And if you have a bad first race you might have a better second.

To save the 2nd race being a full repeat though we'll swap to a different car.
Car 1. The Olsberg RX supercar lite. Because it's great to throw around and suits the short tracks particularly well. Use the circuit setup or you'll be bouncing off the rev limiter on some tracks.
Car 2. The KTM X-Bow. It's a bit like the Radical we've used before but is a little more forgiving of kerbs. Not so much downforce either so the grip remains more constant. Fun when you get used to it. Stable setup is probably more er, stable. Pick whichever suits though.

1st race car 1. 2nd race car 2. 3rd race car 2. 4th race car 1. 5th race car 1. Etc. So except for the 1st race you keep the car for 2 races.

If successful we'll keep to the format and cars for a while.

Track selection to follow.

This weeks randomly generated track list is...
Screenshot_2020-02-19-11-30-34-936.jpeg
And it's quite an interesting one since it includes some we haven't used yet!

Slightly bigger 15, 8, 25, 7, 3, 14, 2, 11,19
3) C.O.T.A Club - 1.23 *
4) Dubai Club - 1.52
6) Lydden Hill - 0.90 *
9) Mugello Short - 1.41
22) Sonoma Short - 1.94
23) Texas Infield - 1.36

Same format as last week, 2 races at each track,1 in each car.
We'll use the Olsberg Supercar Lite again but swap back to the Radical SR3-RS (instead of the KTM) since it's probably a bit more racy.

Hope to see some of you later. 👍

Sorry I haven't posted the tracks for a couple of weeks.

Here's this weeks list (I forgot to save the screen shot!)

17, 20, 7, 1, 26, 6, 13, 11.

Because our numbers have been low I'll open a public room again this week to hopefully bolster the numbers. And because of this I think it might be best to stick with the 1 car to save confusing anyone joining. Still 2 races per track. The Olsberg will probably be suitable and might attract more interest.

I'm thinking of using the Rally cross cars tonight, free choice of any of them, swap and change. But if you win in one you can't use that model again.

Since they are more powerful beasts I wont do a random track selection but use some of the wider more flowing circuits from the usual selection.

We'll see how it goes. If we're crashing all over the place we'll swap back to the slightly tamer Olsberg.

I'm super excited, because I just found out that Assetto Corsa Competizione will be coming to PS4 on June 23rd :P This will probably be the most advanced racing simulation available for consoles yet, and the developers have decided to bring all the DLCs, as well. Now we only need PC/XBox/PS4 crossplay (one can still wish :dopey:)
I just preordered my copy and was suprised that it's only 40€ (Germany) and comes with the 1st DLC as a preorder bonus (4 tracks: Kylami, Suzuka, Laguna Seca, Bathurst). Anyone also planning on getting the game? I feel it would be a great platform for some seriously thrilling racing, both casual or maybe even in our own little Wednesday series :lol:

Anyone also planning on getting the game
Does it have a Olsberg Supercar Lite? :D

It certainly looks interesting but I'm not sure I want anything more advanced simulation wise. If it goes too far beyond being a game at heart it tends to lose it's appeal to me. And I've got a bunch of driving games I hardly touch! So maybe. It'll be interesting to see how it runs because from most reports anything but a high end PC struggles to do it justice.
You'll have to let us know your thoughts on it.

This weeks random tracks.
Screenshot_2020-02-19-13-04-12-383.jpeg
2) Barcelona Club - 1.05 miles
3) C.O.T.A Club - 1.23
4) Dubai Club - 1.52
6) Lydden Hill - 0.90
7) Mojave Sidewinder - 1.65
8) Mojave Gila Crest - 2.15
9) Mugello Short - 1.41
10) Nurbergring Mullenbach - 0.92
13) Porsche Leipzig short - 1.36
15) Red Bull Ring Club - 1.14
17) Raupuna B circuit - 0.99
21) Snetterton 100 - 0.99
22) Sonoma Short - 1.94
23) Texas Infield - 1.36
25) Monza short -

26) Knockhill International reverse - 1.29 miles (12 max)
27) Cadwell Park GP - 2.16 miles (12 max)

While I'm here. @half_sourly some of us do casual races over here on Wednesdays - filling in Sick's vacated time slot for now. Short races on short tracks. You're welcome to join in at anytime, I can send you an invite if you like.

So 8.30pm UK time on Wednesdays, on PC2? Yup, always happy to get some races in, thank you.
We start around 8pm (yes Rich when I'm awake) and run untill nearly 10pm depending on the number or drivers. If you enjoy it I often run the same thing on a Friday. I tend to run a private lobby Wednesday and a public Friday just to increase the numbers.

We've been using the Olsberg Supercar lite recently since it's a lot of fun. Give it a go. The Radical SR3 gets a run out too.

Good fun last night chaps, thanks. That Olsberg Lite is a right handfull (but engineering excellence compared to that 🤬 truck we took around Mugello!) and I knew none of the tracks (other than the parts of Mugello we did on Sunday), but I like the format.
Let me know how you do the talking thing (or whatever the technical term for it is in gaming); feels a bit odd to take part in the races but not the chat.

Jolly good, glad you enjoyed it. The truck is a end of the night bit of fun. It does require you plan ahead for the corners. Although going off road doesn't slow it down. :P

Let me know how you do the talking thing
Ideally you need a headset that includes a microphone, usually plugged into a usb port. There is a simple earpiece and mic that's included with the PS4. It's not brilliant but would do. It does tend to get put aside and lost so you might not find it. That plugs into the controller though which is a bit awkward when using a wheel.

I knew none of the tracks
You weren't doing too bad then. :) We use the same set of short tracks so over time you get used to them.

If you're around on Friday and if I'm up and running I'll give you another shout.

@richroo - I'm pretty sure now that Dustybin (who joined us) was the same Dusty that I used to race with back on GT5/6. He was always fast then and he doesn't seem to have lost that speed! Some might remember him.

Back