Weekly Race Series, Week 1 - Supraman!!!

• Thread starter boombexus
  • 319 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
haha...actually i retract my statement...i was havin a bit of a brainfart at the moment, (i got up too early today :P )

that is my dpad thumb in the pic , my accel thumb is not as bad :D
there is an x missing on the button though :lol: tattooed on my thumb tip :D :cool:

Alright everyone!

Deadline is tonight at midnight MST! Get your times in soon. :)
So far 31 of 40 registered racers have turned in there times, hope to see some more. ;)

Good luck everyone! Some very impressive times with this race. Great racing by all.

I guess I will have a few more goes to try and improve my time a little. I keep havig the feeling that my time still isnt good enough. Guess it pays to be a good poker player to know when someone is bluffing here huh :lol:...

well, i'm done. i keep losing time for no other reason than the game wants to piss me off. well, hopefully my best time will make the top ten -15.

In one lap that was a failure and had a bit of illegal grass cutting before t1, i was actually still at 21 seconds past the shadow.

tip: the t2 tunnel can be taken so the supra is accelerating at 102/103 mph (164/165 kph) while still on those yellow lines, braking to around 93 (149 kph) with a throttle blip or two and steering into it a little, maybe a few reentries of steering, are good for getting through that turn. oh, and try not to steer too much. do it right and you can just about stop steering and help the car accel out of the corner faster. that's about how i take it.

I think thats what I did. At first I was afraid to brake for that corner as the car starts to understeer then comeback in on that turn since it dips down. Got it right a few times though...

I've found that i can corner very fast, but that my line is often wrong, or that the speed is to high, affecting cornering for the next turn or hurting acceleration. my theory is that i take a corner fast, but the speed hurts my traction, and since my speed may be at an rpm higher the better rpm for accelerating through a turn, it loses out on accel. or something like that.

Originally posted by Talentless
I've found that i can corner very fast, but that my line is often wrong, or that the speed is to high, affecting cornering for the next turn or hurting acceleration. my theory is that i take a corner fast, but the speed hurts my traction, and since my speed may be at an rpm higher the better rpm for accelerating through a turn, it loses out on accel. or something like that.

You sound Like Albert Einstien trying to solve the property of motion :lol: j/k...

how about a 2 lap race at say !... deep forest or grand valley in a nice arcade vertigo ;) now that will be fun :D

but i'll race whatever ;)

cote d'azur is a good track. even though i kept losing time, and could have gotten closer to mr p if i had not kept losing half a second or more (how that happens going at the same speeds and taking the same lines is beyond me, even at a mph diff .5 seconds is an odd amount to lose.

i've done several midfield comps, i'd like to hold off on that course for a whil. i may be getting sick of it.

i tried out the a class cars in risingson's challenge between the zo6 and the r34. man, those cars have greased up tires or something. it'll take me a while to get used to them. course was grand valley. r34 is worse at the course.

mr. p, i prefer df2, df is not that fun to me.

Maybe there can be some sorta of random selection process from the winning drivers in their respective catagories. The driver choosen can choose the next weeks race? Just a thought....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back