Weekly Race Series, Week 1 - Supraman!!!

• Thread starter boombexus
  • 319 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by Talentless
Pedro, you can submit new times.

I would but i don't have much time before the deadline to run anymore laps

Im having to work this weekend the first for a long time and i hope it's the last for a long time :lol:

But if somehow i can breakaway i will try improve my time:) But this is highly unlikely

I had a 33.2 my absolute best T2 then it all went to hell on the last two turns:banghead:

A bit off topic :embarrassed:
but i just ran about 15 laps in the car that holds the arcade record on this course :eek: the beloved Vertigo :eek:

now this thing is super fast ;) I easily smashed the arcade record at TM held by Flinx by 0.6 of a second with a T1 of 14.1xx and T2 of 32.400 on the dot :cool:
for those a bit bored who are done with the Toms ! try this out :cool: definately a must for a future event ;)

laters:mischievous:

hey quick quiz for you guys :lol: :lol:

NAME THE BODY PART :embarrassed: haha or what it looks like :lol: :lol: :P

i will show full pic later :D :cool:

Attachments

• pic1.jpg
    pic1.jpg
    5 KB · Views: 558
:lol: :lol:

yep its my willy thumb :P

:eek: hope i never sucked my thumb as a nipper !!:eek: uuuurrgghh :irked:

here's the full pic of my thumb after running that castrol ragged :( is there a doctor in the house ?:lol: :lol:

Attachments

• image012.jpg
    image012.jpg
    10.9 KB · Views: 462
Time sent...had a best T2 of 32.843 but only managed to have a 33.098 in my keeper....here's hoping that I'm within a second of your time Ron! ;) Good luck everyone 👍 C'ya's next race.

New time sent, with a T2 of 33.4 so finally I improve the T2 . Didn't improve my lap by all that much though :rolleyes:

Good luck to the rest of you 👍 :)

I just sent in my best.

It was on the same 33.385 I put down earlier in thread.

I was hoping to bring it down, but being that I will have time for that with the deadline so close.

Still... 33.385 was good.

I kept track of my best T2 times and I only kept three in the end.
They progress downwards of course...

That last one is my good one which also led to my best lap.

Good luck to all! Except those pro's, I dont think they need luck... actually, I know they don't.

I finally joined the 33 club (yesterday but there are alot of Computer hogs in this house). 33.606 but it wasnt my best lap. When I get a good lead on that big straight (with the trees) I get anxious and mess up a little on those last few turns and lose time. Really hate that...

Big time question...

Whats the next race?

Are we taking suggestions?

If I may, I would like to suggest a race based around a choice or two.

Such as a situation where we could choose between the Denso Sard Supra or the Tom's Supra.

I dont really care which track nor the car.

I just thought it would be a nice suggestion.

time sent in. I feel good about it.....just glad this friggin race is over!! i'll probably never race both trial mountain and castrol at the same time again!!

If i ever do race these two, i'll make sure the Castrol will not be stock. :lol:

Yeh, that's amazing! :bowdown: More than one second better than my T2, that means they probably have beaten my time by 2 seconds :eek: Superfast...

I finally topped out my best lap to date. 33.942.

It stands to reason that if I'm a second off the fast pace, I can estimate 2.5 seconds of the full lap.

So here's to the pros that are in the 1'16 range. I'd even suspect that a 1'15 could be posted.

AO

1.15's are impossible :D
if anyone attempts posting a time in that region then Boom should exit them from all other events ;)

they be too good for us :P :mischievous:

If Mr. P says 1'15's are impossible, I'd be willing to stake a claim that he and the rest of the Pro's are in the high 1'16 range. Which means I'm right in on my standard of being 1.5-2.5 seconds off the fast lap.

So this brings up an interesting question. Practice seems to be the key here. How long have the Pro's played the Gran Turismo series? Is it going to take three years for me to gain that 2 seconds that I'm always missing?

Any input would be appreciated.

AO

Too much grumbling about the Supra. :lol: I think the JGTC Supras are great cars to race and have great handling. They handle a track like TM quite well (even in stock form).

Yes practice makes perfect i suppose :cool: i'm not the best but i rate myself as being good enough on certain events to be able to hold my own !
my stats on GranTurismo series 1-3 is excellent IMO:P Golded all of them and 100% within a month of purchase on Auto tranny :D now i'm MT

anyway point is i dont think anyone just becomes really fast :irked: we gotta work for it :banghead: as the pic of my thumb shows :eek: well maybe the odd 1 or 2 are just freaks and drive 1 handed while smokin a ciggy :lol: and kick ass in the process :lol:
laters

I had a couple goes at this last night just for fun,... found a 32.976,.... and can visualize a 16.5-9xx at best,.. but ended with a 17.7xx after about an hour.... hopefuly I can get into next weeks....

I couldn't resist but have another go ... new and final time submitted T2 of 33.335.

Took .2 of my last submitted time :)

Man, i can tell you 1'15's are very possible....even better too. I would HOPE the pros would be lower than 1'15's...but thats just my guess

wow, nothing like the humor of the woefully uninformed. maybe one day when you are a pro (actually, we don't play for money so i'll use the term loosely), you can say such a thing. till then, stick with your 1'18.9 and practice, practice, practice. best of luck to you.

:lol: :lol: words of wisdom from Max are rare ;) but heed them man there's a difference between knowing and guessing :cool: laters

ok back to race talk :D

new best save has T2 of 32.887

definately done with it now , loved every minute :rolleyes: :P
time being sent after this post and replay on deadline :cool:

good racing with you guys :thumb
good luck to all ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back