What 1 car do you wish they included in GT2, but didn't.

• Thread starter Option2
  • 129 comments
But what would it have in it? Honda Civics and Toyota Supras running up and down a 1/4 mile? If NOS was a tuning option, like turbos or engine computers, and a 1/4 mile race was included, then that would be good. But not as an individual game

Has anyone heard of a man called Edd China? You might know him better as the guy who made the street-legal sofa, street-legal bed, the stoneage fluffy Beetle, etc. His cars in a GT game would be great.

lol, i saw him on one of those tlc shows, i think it was panic machanic, or something of that sort, i also saw him on riplys, he's the man

But since I'm here, I may as well answer. :) lol

I gotta go with turbo tuneups, huge hp increases. Hey, even Hennessey is using twin turbo's in his 10L V10 Vipers.

The turbo tune-ups are cool but sometimes they cause the car to top out a little too soon... As for NA tune-ups, I didn't seem to have any problem with them...

Just to be a snot and finally post what would become the 618th official car for GT2:

• 1988 Honda Accord

Back in 1982, Honda decided it was more profitable to build the Accord in Marysville, Ohio, because the car was instantly a hit in America. In 1986, the car grew up in size and stature. A useful tool for soccer moms, nitwits, drug-dealers, chop-shops, butchers, bakers, and candlestick-makers, the Accord was a car like no other. It was also the first Honda car to offer retractable headlights.

There were 3 lines of the third-greneration Accord: the DX, featuring an awesome 70hp carbuerated 2-valve-per cylinder inline-4 motor; the LX, the mid-pack 98hp I-4 featuring 3 valves per cylinder. The top-of-the-line model, the LXi, had 4 valves per, and 122hp because it also featured fuel injection, and funky-but-hard-to-clean wheel covers.

Nevertheless, the LX is still a hit today, despite its front-engined, front-wheel drive layoutand it's nice, smooth drive. Despite the tall spacing of ratios in the automatic, the LX was quite capable of 123mph (as proven by pupik on the Sawgrass Expressway in 1993), with style and comfort to match.

With all these benefits, why not make the '88 Accord LX your first car for learning thelimits of adhesion and car control?

Please note any spelling errors are for humourous stabs at PD only.

I think that they should have a wider selection on some manurfacturing companys and they should take out ruf and put in Ferrei( even though ruf is the closest thing to porsche they have)

I also wonder why didn't they put a Ferarri or a Diablo, but the game is fine without them, too.
But to answer the question on turbos.
On Grindelwald a turbo tuned car goes easier, because the NA looses power when going uphill. I'm talking about the 300 hp cars, because when you have more power you can't really see the difference.

Trouble with the Italians is that they have contracts with Need for Speed. But the Lotus Elise GT1, Jag XJ220 and...and...something I can't quite remember right now were all in NFS2, so who knows?

Originally posted by Roo
Trouble with the Italians is that they have contracts with Need for Speed. But the Lotus Elise GT1, Jag XJ220 and...and...something I can't quite remember right now were all in NFS2, so who knows?
hmm they should get rid of those....and theres sum way to get a diablo in gt3....some saved game IGN posted

It all depends on whether the automaker signed an exclusive contract with the game's designer. I'm not the biggest game fanatic, I've noticed a few cars that have appeared in varying games at the same time.

An example is the TVR Speed 12: it's in both GT2 and TOCA.

So what are we really missing? A couple of Ferraris, some Porsches, two or three Lamborghinis, a CLK-GTR, M-tuned BMWs, the McLaren F1 and the C5 'Vette.

When I received the game as a gift some time ago, I figured it was all about tuning Supras and NSXs, but once you get into it, there's all these really neat cars that aren't advertised...GT40, the Espace F1, Toyota GT-One, the R390, the Jaguar XJ220 and XJR15, some Vectors, and dozens of kick-ass autombiles as well.

A lot of old-school cars make this a game for generations. My dad thought it was amazing that the GT40 was in there...the Toyota 2000GT, the old Lotuses, etc.

So even though about 12-15 cars that we really want aren't there, there's no sense brooding over it because there are about 400+ wonderful cars out of 600 or so in the game.

No one has mentioned the Ford Pantera. they are still out there and being raced. Least here in the U.S. anyways. I agree with many about needing more GT 1 Le Mans cars. Hey Miles , I saw a sony game called 24 Hours Le Mans just last night at the mall, maybe if there was someplace that rates games u could find out if it's worth playing . Nice shot by the way

I'd like to see a Bentley GT1 car, a Caddilac/GM GT1 car, Porsche GT3 car, BMW M3 GT3 car, Lambo Diablo road car and GT2/3 car, Ferrari road cars (2), super-cars (F50?), and a Le Mans car (GT2/3).

I was suprised that the "new" generation of 'Vette's weren't in the game. I would've liked to seen the new/recent Vette there, along with a Le Man's model, and maybe a Le Mans Camero.

Latest Posts

Back