What are the chances of Gran Turismo 7 being available on PC?

• Thread starter ICEYOU3
  • 262 comments
No, PC players should buy PS if they want to play GT7

It's all about nostalgia and GT series being PS exclusive since its inception, and that's how it should stay.
This is the most hatin' thing I've ever seen on this site.

Times are changing and Sony is starting to bring some of their IP's to PC. What's wrong with other gamers experiencing the title on their hardware? Playstation Console fans will still get their experience as usual even if it came to the PC platform. Now the online servers should be separate so the community doesn't have to endure "PC gamer hax me" in a cross-play mode.

It's all about nostalgia and GT series being PS exclusive since its inception, and that's how it should stay.
Or maybe Sony need to produce IPs that's worth investing a PS5? So far, they haven't really made anything enticing for a long time PS user like me let alone PC gamers. Not everyone is gonna buy an expensive console for just one game. I'd be glad if they port GT7 to PC.

Last edited:
Some of you are telling me you've never played a game on PC without telling me you've never played a game on PC.

"It'll be modded!" Yeah, and? Is the fear here that GT won't be as clinical as it was, which in and of itself is an entirely separate issue with equal parts "Mods aren't a mandatory experience," and "That's stupid".

"Online multiplayer will suffer!" I'm just going to sigh and move on.

Or is the real fear that the community will do a better job tweaking things? Having been around for as long as I have, I'll go ahead and say it's this one.

Oh, and the exclusive comment reminds me of that one genius that Tweeted Sony/Guerilla Games of them destroying their PS4 because Horizon: Zero Dawn had been announced for PC. :lol:

Or maybe Sony need to produce IPs that's worth investing a PS5? So far, they haven't really made anything enticing for a long time PS user like me let alone PC gamers. Not everyone is gonna buy an expensive console for just one game. I'd be glad if they port GT7 to PC.
This, over the lifetime of the PS4 there were 4 games/series that raised my interest but not enough sufficiently enough that I'd buy one; Horizon, Detroit, God of War and GT Sport. As of now only the latter is still exclusive to PS.

While it looks like it'll be an enjoyable game to play, I can't justify grabbing a PS5 + another monthly fee just for that.

I've always been a stern supporter of porting this franchise to the PC since taking into account the hardware limitations of a PlayStation console.

This, over the lifetime of the PS4 there were 4 games/series that raised my interest but not enough sufficiently enough that I'd buy one; Horizon, Detroit, God of War and GT Sport. As of now only the latter is still exclusive to PS.

While it looks like it'll be an enjoyable game to play, I can't justify grabbing a PS5 + another monthly fee just for that.
I bought a 2nd hand PS4 for GTsport, Killzone, Bloodborne, Driveclub, Ratchet and clank, Persona 5 they're all worth the money. As of now, there's really no reason to own a PS5 except for GT7. Sony pretty much buried all of their good IPs in the ground. I hope that Nvidia leak is actually true.

another monthly fee just for that
You don't have to pay PS plus unless you're planning to play online.

Last edited:
You don't have to pay PS plus unless you're planning to play online.
You do if you want to play GT7 since it's online-only. ....or GT Sport for that matter beyond the local Arcade mode.

Personally, I didn't choose PS for their exclusives but they still do have nice ones IMO. For me, I got tires of building my own PCs and then upgrading components every couple years or so to try and get the most out of the games I purchased. I also like the convenience of console. .....to be able to plop down on the couch, start up the TV / PS5 and within a minute, be in the game.

I made the transition back with the PS3 and haven't looked back. I do miss some of the titles / genres PC has to offer though but I do like some of the PS exclusives that have come out even more recent ones like Ghost of Tsushima, Horizon (new one is releasing very soon), the Uncharted series, Days Gone, TLoU1, etc. I know some of these have since been made available for PC months after release but were PS exclusives for a while.

Personally, I wish there were no exclusives as I knew what is happening today would eventually be a reality because of it. .....the gobbling up of studios by MS and Sony.

I'm pretty sure I played a lot of GT Sport, without paying a penny for PS Plus. PS Plus was only required for online multiplayer. GT7 will certainly be the same.
I looked it up and confirmed, you two are right. In GT Sport you only need it for multiplayer and I will assume GT7. You just need a n online connection for the saves in the single player and local modes like split screen, couch MP. Thanks for correcting me.

This is what you listed as examples...
Where did I mention the livery editor? Making up stuff as you go, I see. :lol:

Some of you are telling me you've never played a game on PC without telling me you've never played a game on PC.

"It'll be modded!" Yeah, and? Is the fear here that GT won't be as clinical as it was, which in and of itself is an entirely separate issue with equal parts "Mods aren't a mandatory experience," and "That's stupid".

"Online multiplayer will suffer!" I'm just going to sigh and move on.

Or is the real fear that the community will do a better job tweaking things? Having been around for as long as I have, I'll go ahead and say it's this one.

Oh, and the exclusive comment reminds me of that one genius that Tweeted Sony/Guerilla Games of them destroying their PS4 because Horizon: Zero Dawn had been announced for PC. :lol:
That's some jumping into conclusions.

Funny how PC players (not just the casual player) admit that cheating is a problem on PC, and that's one of the main advantage of consoles. Another advantage is the fact that everyone is somewhat on a leveled playing field (I do remember at some point in PUBG, players playing in lower settings, revealing players that thought were hidden). Then the abundance of cheaters in GTA, CSGO, BF, COD, and so on. So yeah, "fear" of cheaters is a legitimate concern.

The best assumption of the lot is that "fear that the community will do a better job tweaking things". Really? Is that what you assume people fear? And that's based on what exactly? And that in itself is assuming the community will do a better job at that.
I'm also curious to know what "tweaking things" is, as that's a very vague concept, and will be entirely based on personal opinion (unless of course it's about fixing an issue everyone agrees on).

Funny how PC players (not just the casual player) admit that cheating is a problem on PC, and that's one of the main advantage of consoles. Another advantage is the fact that everyone is somewhat on a leveled playing field (I do remember at some point in PUBG, players playing in lower settings, revealing players that thought were hidden). Then the abundance of cheaters in GTA, CSGO, BF, COD, and so on. So yeah, "fear" of cheaters is a legitimate concern.
Yes because cheating is absolutely non-existant on consoles. :rolleyes:😒

Where did I mention the livery editor? Making up stuff as you go, I see. :lol:

That's some jumping into conclusions.

The best assumption of the lot is that "fear that the community will do a better job tweaking things". Really? Is that what you assume people fear? And that's based on what exactly? And that in itself is assuming the community will do a better job at that.
I'm also curious to know what "tweaking things" is, as that's a very vague concept, and will be entirely based on personal opinion (unless of course it's about fixing an issue everyone agrees on).

:lol: Just... :lol:

Because cheating didn't exist in GT Sport. Oh, wait a minute, yes it did — that's why the entire leaderboard had to be wiped a while back. Certainly doesn't exist in Forza Horizon 5. Oh, wait a minute, yes it does. It's almost like if there's a platform with coding involved...it can be exploited.

You sound like the old "Mac vs PC" commercials and the like, claiming Mac's don't get viruses but PCs do. That's not how viruses work and it isn't how exploiting something works. So I ask you with the utmost kindness: stop while you're still behind.

So many and many people can't buy a PS5 around the world.

And also I don't know if I can buy a NEW PS4 now or not.

Can I buy a NEW PS4 now? It's still very hard to buy a PS5 in 5 years

Last edited:
Funny how PC players (not just the casual player) admit that cheating is a problem on PC
It will always be a problem, because the ability to crack open the internal code of a game easily will always be present. That is literally something you can't control because of the platform. But you know what you can do? Severely mitigate the problem with good anti-cheat that makes cheating a once in a while occurrence instead of a once or twice occurrence per game. And that comes down to the developer. And most developers care about providing a level playing field for all of those playing multiplayer. Exceptions, yes, but they all care.

The best assumption of the lot is that "fear that the community will do a better job tweaking things". Really? Is that what you assume people fear?
Considering there is a not small subsection of this here forum who sniff Kaz's jockstrap at the smallest opportunity to present himself as a god of the genre who does no wrong and is a seer of the future of racing video games (when that is nowhere close to the truth) I think that's a founded fear to that subsection that Kaz's word and actions aren't the hot **** that they were in 2001, or even 2004. But that's shown itself very well to be the case since then, no?

And that in itself is assuming the community will do a better job at that.
Let me tell you about a little game called Assetto Corsa. Hell, Richard Burns Rally is a wonderful example of the community creating a new game out of the frame of the old one. And in RBR's case, with basically no assistance from the developers like AC.

You give fans the tools, or even the platform to make a better game, and people will. More then that, it will have a much longer life span then games on consoles today, who basically die out the minute that the next console is announced, or when a game reaches end of life.

Also, to push the knife even further, this thread, on this very forum outlines how to make GT2 a more complete version of the game, and all you need is a download of GT2 and an emulator. Pretty cool, isn't it?

In the case of GT7, as a hypothetical? Physics changes, AI improvements, adding potential cut cars back into the game, the whole works.

Look, you can think that consoles are better for pick up and play action (and they are!) but to say that modern consoles, especially today, are not susceptible to hacking is an absolute joke. By this point most consoles are mini computers (and Xbox consoles are basically running forks of Windows OS and run UWP apps, source, I've done it) and are open to the same risks that PC gaming is. The issue is that for most people, with exceptions, the hoops needed to even get to that point on consoles is too large, compared to someone paying 5 bucks a pop on a cheat selling site to get hybrids or whatever. And all of this falls apart the second anti-cheat gets involved - and if Polyphony ever does release GT on PC, then anti-cheat will be involved, because PD cares too much about their game's image to let cheaters run amok.

This is all to say that you have an obvious axe to grind when it comes to PC gaming and simply regurgitate what you hear that fits your narrative. As Terronium says, it isn't close to the truth in more then half of situations on PC, and it certainly doesn't take away from the fact that if a community wants to make a better game, then they will if given the tools and opportunity.

Can I buy a NEW PS4 now? It's still very hard to buy a PS5 in 5 years
Yes, there are still new PS4s being produced but they are hard to obtain. PlayStation Direct does offer a certified refurbished program for their products including PS4s like this base model for $229:

We're 2 years from the launch date of the PS5 and yes, they are still not the kind of product that you are going to find hanging around in stock. .....certainly not in any retail brick & mortar locations. However, there are ways to greatly improve your chances to obtain one like I did last year. I started following a popular Twitter account, was informed PlayStation Direct currently was taking people in queue and when I got in line (virtually) I was one of the ones chosen to go to checkout.

IMO, PS Direct is still the most convenient source as you only have to be there within a certain window. It's not first come, first serve as those in queue are chose randomly.

If the argument about not releasing the game on PC is that PC players cheat more often, I consider it a stupid argument. After all, you can stick to your platform and keep playing on PS, the game doesn't have to be cross-platform like other games.

For me personally, it will be a better solution because my steering wheel will not be supported by GT7 on PS5. And especially for one game, I will not change equipment for a few hundred dollars. So I probably won't be interested in buying a GT7 unless the steering wheel support changes or it just comes out on a PC. Playing racing game on gamepad is not fun for me.

Let everyone have the opportunity to join that car culture that Kazunori talked about. These are his words that he wants to open up to as many people as possible, so he has the opportunity to release the game on PC.

Last edited:
Don't need a GT7 on a PC!

I stopped playing on PC, it was too "stupid" for me.. why? I've had to upgrade my hardware for current games almost every year if I want to play at the same resolution and video settings. And now look at the prices for new hardware.

I'm not turning the "wheel" again.

What I would really like to see is... multi-monitor support on the PS5 with GT7. That would make me happy, but it will never happen I guess.

Don't need a GT7 on a PC!

I stopped playing on PC, it was too "stupid" for me.. why? I've had to upgrade my hardware for current games almost every year if I want to play at the same resolution and video settings. And now look at the prices for new hardware.
Lol wut?

Silly me for playing on the same PC for the last four years then, I guess. I must be doing it wrong. And apart from that one GPU upgrade in 2018, it's actually the same PC I've had since 2015.

So expensive to keep up. I don't know how anyone does it.

If you feel the need to have the latest and greatest every year, then yeah, it's going to be expensive. But just because you've got a tiny e-willy that doesn't mean that normal people have to do the same. Current pandemic/crypto inflated GPU prices aside, gaming PCs just aren't that expensive.

ON PC i was useing a Multi Monitor Setup with WQHD that need for actual Games More and More Power if you want play it as high settings with every Year actual Games. If you dont change the Games you dont need an Hardware upgrade, thats sure.

And i also dont make a Upgrade for "a while" and now its to expensive to get Hardware thats are "state of the art".

Last edited:
ON PC i was useing a Multi Monitor Setup with WQHD that need for actual Games More and More Power if you want play it as high settings with every Year actual Games. If you dont change the Games you dont need an Hardware upgrade, thats sure.

And i also dont make a Upgrade for "a while" and now its to expensive to get Hardware thats are "state of the art".
That's not what you said, and it's still not true.

Recent developments such as NVidia Image Scaling (and AMD equivalent) has actually allowed older cards to play games they may have struggled with previously, and the further optimisation of existing titles adds to this. As a very clear example, ACC is now far less of a burden on my GPU than it was a year ago.

Maybe, i´ll try to find the right words, as i want to say in English. Sorry my english is not so good and i think the most Translator also make some mistakes.

Right, so if you're playing on multiple monitors (which you can't do on console) on ever increasing graphics settings (which you can't get on console) to do this completely unique to PC thing you need to continually upgrade? And that's expensive?

Oh no!

This kind of PC use is the complete opposite to how games work on console. On console, you're stuck with the same hardware for 7+ years whether you like it or not. Upgrades simply aren't an option, stuff like PS4Pro aside but at that point you're buying an entire new system to "upgrade".

Sounds to me like you want an unupgradeable box because you're unable to restrain yourself from spending all your money on the best PC parts in order to... what? Pick up e-thots? Because if you just want to buy a PC and play with that hardware for an entire console generation that's very achievable and the only thing stopping you is your lust for playing on graphics settings so high a PS6 probably won't be able to meet them.

May I suggest learning some restraint?

Right, so if you're playing on multiple monitors (which you can't do on console) on ever increasing graphics settings (which you can't get on console) to do this completely unique to PC thing you need to continually upgrade? And that's expensive?

Oh no!

This kind of PC use is the complete opposite to how games work on console. On console, you're stuck with the same hardware for 7+ years whether you like it or not. Upgrades simply aren't an option, stuff like PS4Pro aside but at that point you're buying an entire new system to "upgrade".

Sounds to me like you want an unupgradeable box because you're unable to restrain yourself from spending all your money on the best PC parts in order to... what? Pick up e-thots? Because if you just want to buy a PC and play with that hardware for an entire console generation that's very achievable and the only thing stopping you is your lust for playing on graphics settings so high a PS6 probably won't be able to meet them.

May I suggest learning some restraint?
Feel free to suggest anything, it's a free forum.

But don't think that you can judge what I want and how.

I am now writing this text with a translator, I hope this left few questions unanswered and what I mean will be easier to understand.

At the beginning I wrote extra that you would have to improve the hardware "almost" every year to stay up to date. And that's also the case if you want to play the current titles. Because the fact is, the new games for PC are ALWAYS programmed in such a way that they use the current hardware as much as possible. This means that with older hardware you have to reduce the graphics settings more and more in order to achieve similar frame rates. The latest "tricks" from the graphics card manufacturers (e.g. DLSS or ray tracing) only help if the cards and games support them.
At the same time as the required performance, the need for graphics memory increases almost from year to year.

Now you have the following options: continue to play this game and constantly (i.e. every year or at least every few years) upgrade your hardware if you always want to have high settings. Or you throttle the settings further and further. Of course, if you stay with the same game for several years and it doesn't need more graphics power due to updates or expansions, everything is fine.
But if you always want to play the latest game with Super or Ultra settings then you're screwed.

Now you may reply with the console that it is weaker and eg. no multi monitor can. Yes, I'm that smart too and that's exactly what I call acceptable.

Games that are exclusive to the console are usually optimized for this console down to the last detail.
The programmers don't have to take any detours or create alternatives so that "older" hardware is also compatible with the game.

Nothing changes "basically" on the console, so it's always the same basis for new games to be developed.

Do you then have the same performance as a very good PC? No.. BUT a game that comes out for the console in 2-3 years will also run as well as one that comes out now. A game that will come to the PC in a couple of years will probably overwhelm the "old" PC.

And as a last point.

Please do not imagine that you know what I can do ( what i can buy ). Because you might be surprised.

I just hate paying more money than "necessary" in general. At current hardware prices, any upgrade is an absolute joke. Graphics card prices, which are sometimes 50 - 100% above the recommended retail price, are no longer acceptable in any way. Before Covid I would not have bought hardware even at the suggested retail price.

The same goes for the PS5.
Could I buy such a console from a "scalper" for 1000 euros? Of course I could, but seriously.. I couldn't be that "stupid" in my life.
That's my attitude towards my money, I want something sensible and good for my money, but I just don't spend more than is really necessary.

Last edited:
Games that are exclusive to the console are usually optimized for this console down to the last detail.
The programmers don't have to take any detours or create alternatives so that "older" hardware is also compatible with the game.

Nothing changes "basically" on the console, so it's always the same basis for new games to be developed.

Do you then have the same performance as a very good PC? No.. BUT a game that comes out for the console in 2-3 years will also run as well as one that comes out now. A game that will come to the PC in a couple of years will probably overwhelm the "old" PC.
That's not actually how it ends up working out all the time however.

I've already pointed out that NIS helps to avoid this, and as titles are very often built using creation tools and in-house engines, which allow significant lifespans, as it's untrue that devs don't care about this subject. They want to sell the title to as many people as they can, which means they have to try and hit as wide a range of systems as they are able.

Take Grid 2019 or F1 2019, both of which , for min spec GPUs list the GT640, a card that came out in 2012. That's a 7 year life span.

It only with F1 2021 and the upcoming Grid Legends than they have increased the min spec to a GTX 950, which is still a five year old card. It's also going to run F1 2021 with a similar visual quality to that which it would have obtained on F1 2017, as these things are relative.

That same five year old card will still run a hell of a lot, will it hit the visual highs of a brand new top end card? Of course not, but Dirt 5 running on a base PS4 will not match the visuals highs of the PS5 version either. In fact the only title, from a quick look on Steam, that a GTX 950 can't hit the minimum specs for is FH5 (that needs a GTX 970 still a five year old card). That's a five year old entry level card that retailed for under £150!

Last edited:
But I'm not talking about minimum specification. I know you can play in that spec if you want, but that's not how I want to play.

Maybe people think I'm arrogant because of that, but if the game can offer a certain graphic, I want to enjoy it.

But I still play the good old Diablo2 LOD in 800x600 from time to time.

Last edited:
But I'm not talking about minimum specification. I know you can play in that spec if you want, but that's not how I want to play.

Maybe people think I'm arrogant because of that, but if the game can offer a certain graphic, I want to enjoy it.

But I still play the good old Diablo2 LOD in 800x600 from time to time.
Minimum spec is simply a way of showing consistent standards, you argued that a game from now would kill a PC two or three years old, and that's simple not true.

Back