What are you Eating/Drinking?

• Thread starter Super-Supra
  • 22,316 comments
The wife bought me a little treat today.
20191214_205045.jpg
Bottled exactly 1 month ago to the day.
15763749197218524735901610876763.jpg
The added coffee bean finish I think helps mellow the flavor of the KBS some.

Went to a Madrigal dinner tonight and had apple cider, a house salad, bread, roast beast, smashed potatoes, carrots and caramel chocolate cake.

So very full.

Cooked up some chicken drumsticks with onion, leek and mushroom, with just simply salt and pepper. Also made some noodles and bok choy to go with it as well. I just got the cast iron pan recently and I'm loving how it cooks.

3FF717AF-05DF-4F25-A6B3-013D91B917ED.jpeg

Stone’s -“Enjoy By” Series 1/1/20

A couple times a year Stone puts out these limited, extremely fresh IPA’s. I have loved every one of them.
For me, this one has strayed away from the flavor profiles of the past. Gone are the sweet citrus fruit notes and the piney aftertaste.

This one pours golden clear (strange for an unfiltered) with a foamy bright white head that dissipates quickly.
Taste is quite boozy with a sharp bitter bite. Not much flavor of any kind. Aftertaste is what I imagine sucking on a penny would taste like.
It’s a fine beer.
It is not what had expected from this series.
I drank 2 of them on Saturday. My mouth (and my liver) couldn’t take another one.
4 more of these palette wreckers to go. :lol:
:cheers:

View attachment 874038

Stone’s -“Enjoy By” Series 1/1/20

A couple times a year Stone puts out these limited, extremely fresh IPA’s. I have loved every one of them.
For me, this one has strayed away from the flavor profiles of the past. Gone are the sweet citrus fruit notes and the piney aftertaste.

This one pours golden clear (strange for an unfiltered) with a foamy bright white head that dissipates quickly.
Taste is quite boozy with a sharp bitter bite. Not much flavor of any kind. Aftertaste is what I imagine sucking on a penny would taste like.
It’s a fine beer.
It is not what had expected from this series.
I drank 2 of them on Saturday. My mouth (and my liver) couldn’t take another one.
4 more of these palette wreckers to go. :lol:
:cheers:
Stone generally makes some decent beer. Did they change the reciped you suppose or just get a bad batch? I have to imagine keeping a seasonal beer tasting consistent from one year to the next is a tough job.

Stone generally makes some decent beer. Did they change the reciped you suppose or just get a bad batch? I have to imagine keeping a seasonal beer tasting consistent from one year to the next is a tough job.

Stone do make some pretty great beers. This one is a good one as well. I think my disappointment stems from that I was expecting one thng and got another.

I think its just a case of them trying something new. Branching the series out I guess.

Blue margarita. 2 ounces Espolòn Blanco, 1.5 ounces blue curaçao and 1 ounce lime juice. On the rocks with a naked rim.

Dinner was Tex-Mex takeout.

So last night I went to New Zealand's first ever Taco Bell, figured I had to give it a go, even if it was a bit of travel to get there.

Everything looked really good, and extremely well priced. I got a Box Meal for twelve bucks, and it was just enough to not make me want more. A taco, a burrito, chips, a drink and some cinnamon twists. Very enjoyable, and the fact that they're licensed too so you can wash it all down with a good beer tops it off.

If not for the location, I'd go there more often now. Guess I'll have to wait for when the next few ones pop up around the place!

So last night I went to New Zealand's first ever Taco Bell, figured I had to give it a go, even if it was a bit of travel to get there.

Everything looked really good, and extremely well priced. I got a Box Meal for twelve bucks, and it was just enough to not make me want more. A taco, a burrito, chips, a drink and some cinnamon twists. Very enjoyable, and the fact that they're licensed too so you can wash it all down with a good beer tops it off.

If not for the location, I'd go there more often now. Guess I'll have to wait for when the next few ones pop up around the place!
12 bucks?! In the states, those are sold as 5 dollar boxes. Quite the mark up. That said. TB is one of 2 fast food joints I enjoy. If the midwest gets whataburger that will become 3. I am sad they stopped selling double decker tacos though.

12 bucks?! In the states, those are sold as 5 dollar boxes. Quite the mark up. That said. TB is one of 2 fast food joints I enjoy. If the midwest gets whataburger that will become 3. I am sad they stopped selling double decker tacos though.
12 NZD is about 8 USD so yep we still getting hit with the mark ups hahaha

Still much cheaper than some alternative here. You want Burgerfuel? Be prepared to drop $20+ just for yourself. It's crazy!

Taco Bell used to be decent, the one around the corner from me has gone downhill though so I haven’t been there in awhile.

TB
Taco John's and their damn tasty Oles is where it's at. :drool:

I’ve been craving a Meat & Potato burrito for a couple weeks now. The closest one is 20 minutes away though so I haven’t been able to satisfy my craving. :(

Let's be clear here. Taco Bell is mexican food only in generalizations. It is as American fast food as McDonald's. I would never compare Taco Bell to any sort of actual mexican food joint, save maybe Chico's Tacos in El Paso. If I am talking Mexican, the best I've had is Carlos and Mickeys in ElnPaso or Mexico Lindo in Waterford MI.

I would never compare Taco Bell to any sort of actual mexican food joint
I was quite surprised at how incredibly bland the food was (specifically the fajitas) when we were in Mexico last year. I was expecting these fantastic, vibrant flavors and... nothing. I do my best but I'm not the greatest cook and my fajitas were way better.

- - - - -

I think I liked the nog a little too much. :guilty:

20191220_201538.jpg

Let's be clear here. Taco Bell is mexican food only in generalizations. It is as American fast food as McDonald's. I would never compare Taco Bell to any sort of actual mexican food joint, save maybe Chico's Tacos in El Paso. If I am talking Mexican, the best I've had is Carlos and Mickeys in ElnPaso or Mexico Lindo in Waterford MI.
It's not a Mexican restaurant if they don't serve menudo.

I don't know exactly how long it's been since I've had Taco Bell, but it certainly hasn't been since college and it may be as long ago as high school, the latter putting it at about 30 years.

I didn't stop due to violent reaction like @TB, rather it was a result of me cleaning up my diet. I did love me that Bell Beefer though.

Doesnt the coke curdle the cream?
If it's anything like a variation I do with rye whiskey, and I can't think of any reason it wouldn't be, then yes. But it's really no different than if the Coke is left out because the alcohol denatures the proteins anyway, plus the soda mixes with the booze and lessens the effect of just the carbonic acid. Give it a gentle stir to combine and the further disturbance of drinking it means it isn't so noticeable.

Anyway, I'm munching on some chipotle-honey cashews with some hot cider spiked with apple brandy.

It's not a Mexican restaurant if they don't serve menudo.

I don't know exactly how long it's been since I've had Taco Bell, but it certainly hasn't been since college and it may be as long ago as high school, the latter putting it at about 30 years.

I didn't stop due to violent reaction like @TB, rather it was a result of me cleaning up my diet. I did love me that Bell Beefer though.

If it's anything like a variation I do with rye whiskey, and I can't think of any reason it wouldn't be, then yes. But it's really no different than if the Coke is left out because the alcohol denatures the proteins anyway, plus the soda mixes with the booze and lessens the effect of just the carbonic acid. Give it a gentle stir to combine and the further disturbance of drinking it means it isn't so noticeable.

Anyway, I'm munching on some chipotle-honey cashews with some hot cider spiked with apple brandy.
I'll stick to my irish car bombs then. At least it's down in one go, rather than sipping on alcoholic, coke flavored yogurt.

:lol:

It's not so bad. Think of it like a root beer float except you're not adding so many bubbles due to the quantity of soda and the surface under the pour.

Plus, especially with the rye instead of vodka, it's so much more than "Coke flavored". The vodka is pretty nondescript and at that point is just there for the alcohol, but rye has a distinctive flavor that complements the coffee liqueur and the Coke.

Say no more.

I'll have two. :D
Mind you that was just a point of reference for the amount of curdling you can expect. It's really nothing like one otherwise.

I should also note that the higher the fat content, such as cream or half-and-half instead of milk, the more stable it's going to be.

Made pan seared scallops with just simple salt and pepper. The pan was then deglazed with a bit of Sauvignon Blanc, and green beans were cooked in the deglazing liquid with garlic and shallots until there was only a bit of crunch. Made caico e pepe pasta as well. Glass of Sauvignon Blanc to go with the food.

91BD80D6-C13A-4E53-A2A2-3EBB22B0F4E6.jpeg

Now moving onto a glass of Grenache...

With EVERYTHING in New Orleans being closed by the time we got here (and tomorrow!), we were doing good to find a CVS open so we could grab some milk and cereal for tomorrow morning. The DiGiorno pizzas we bought for supper never tasted so good. :lol:

New service station opened in town recently are selling these by the counter with the confectionery and other items. For obvious reasons I had to get a box (okay, three). I've heard they can be very refreshing.

IMG_20191227_135530.jpg

Back