• 22,308 comments
Collins glass
a few mint leaves gently muddled
ice
2oz Plymouth Navy Strength gin
3/4oz simple syrup
topped with unsweetened sparkling cucumber water

3F2A40D8-112D-4A03-870B-4754416AD242.jpeg

My ribs took about 2 hours on a high heat. Absolutely divine. Marinated for about 3 hours with a curry rub.

Tomorrow I begin the process of attempting jerky for the fist time. I’ve had some sliced beef marinating in honey, soy sauce, garlic & onion powder, and a good dose of chilli.
I expect a slow burn of 4-5 hours on the kettle grill.

Im a bit sad I couldn’t make Biltong, but I prefer American jerky if I’m honest.

TB
I am absolutely stuffed. And I have 2 more racks that we haven't even touched yet.
Oh, you poor thing.

:P

Chocolate milkshake. No milk, though. Okay, it's really just chocolate ice cream and Wild Turkey blended, but it's good.

I think those ribs turned out just fine... man those look good.

This morning I went out to eat at my step-dad's restaurant (he's the chef), and had the "Dillon" ger. Or something like that. Home fried potatoes on the bottom layer, biscuits and gravy next and topped with two eggs over easy and two strips of bacon. Doesn't and didn't sound like much, but I was so full.

Now I'm going over to my sister's house stuffed shells. Pasta shells stuffed with meat and cheese and other stuff. Mmm.

Egg rolls, kind of like an omelette rolled up, and peach schnapps, or as the locals call it “Soju”.

TB
My first time ever cooking ribs.

Question Mark What GIF by MOODMAN

I was seriously taken by surprise and confusion when I read this. With the frequency of your grilled food posts, I thought you pretty much grilled all the American staples. I learned through pain. My first time grilling a rack of ribs was on a small Weber grill in the back of a studio. Turned out okay.

Yours look fantastic. Did you like them?

I was seriously taken by surprise and confusion when I read this. With the frequency of your grilled food posts, I thought you pretty much grilled all the American staples.
A few reasons have played into why I haven't.

1) One of my kids isn't eating meat
2) My wife won't eat meat that's still on the bone
3) I can't explain why but I've always had a reluctance to buy expensive items that are just for me as I feel guilty.

Put all that together and hamburgers and chicken with the occasional pork butt are normal because at least 3 of us will eat them. Ribs become almost a delicacy since this pack was $35 for just the 2 of us to eat.

I do have to admit that I thought the pack had 2 racks in it - one for each of us - but instead it had 3 and we didn't eat an entire rack for one meal like I thought we would.

SO.

That $35 is now good for 3 meals for the 2 of us putting it at a more palatable (see item 3 above) $6 each per meal instead of my presumed $17.

Yours look fantastic. Did you like them?
Much appreciated. :)

They were very good but there was a recipe for some Asian ribs with five spice, sweet chili sauce, etc. that really has my attention for the next attempt.

@TB you should invite my father over or come to my place to make ribs. He adores meat. And he would certainly enjoy your ribs. Not your yours but your ribs. Get it? :D

I just made a pineapple with skin, lemon with skin, and with red grape juice smoothie.

This is sooo good.

Had to go into the office for a half day, picked up Chick FIL A on the way home.

The spicy deluxe is my usual order, but this time I went with the regular deluxe.

Had to go into the office for a half day, picked up Chick FIL A on the way home.

The spicy deluxe is my usual order, but this time I went with the regular deluxe.
I am not a fan of spicy food, but I'm fine with the typical spicy chicken sandwiche from fast food places. I've even had the Chik-Fil-A one and liked it.

When I was on vacation my dad and I stopped by a CFA and he wanted a spicy chicken sandwich meal and to keep things simple I said I'll have the same thing.

I don't know if they are slightly different around the country or what, but I took a bite and about 10 seconds later nearly spit it out reaching for a drink it was so spicy. An audible expletive may have left my mouth. 😂

Last edited:
Back