What are you Eating/Drinking?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Super-Supra
  • 25,609 comments
  • 1,553,993 views
TB
I'm just helping America cut calories one pie at a time. :P
Game Show Genius GIF by ABC Network
 
Had 4 Cheese Ravioli & a Garlic & Herb Naan (sounds weird but delicious). Followed by a huge slice from a Panettone (get one or two... or three this time of year) and a cup of tea for my lunch.

For our evening meal it looks like a Shepherds Pie and mixed veggies followed by another slice of Panettone and a cup of tea.

I normally go for Stolen as my cake of choice in the holidays but this year all I can get are really horrid ones (I blame Brexit :D) So it's Panettone all the way this year. I don't do traditional Christmas Cake as I find it too heavy, and when I have a slice of cake or pie, I like a proper slice.
 
I sous-vide(d) a steak. This was my second attempt, and it turned out great. The first time I did it at 133° F, and it was closer to medium, a little overdone for my taste. This time I did it at 129° F. It was pretty thin, so I was a little worried, that it would overcook while I was searing it, but it came out just the way I liked it.

IMG_20211217_183450016.jpg


Prior to now, a haven't tried to cook a steak in over 15 years. I was always disappointed, I always overcooked them. This method is awesome. It is foolproof.
 
I had a ribeye a few days ago and pan fried it in butter. I’ve been getting good at cooking steaks but I didn’t realise how thin this one was and slightly over cooked it. It was still nice, but not as pink as I wanted it.
 
The last few pieces of slab beef jerky in my freezer, half a jar of spicy pickled garlic, and a double decker chocolate Moon Pie. Also a beer.
 
Hot chocolate with a couple ounces of Skrewball.
The last few pieces of slab beef jerky in my freezer, half a jar of spicy pickled garlic, and a double decker chocolate Moon Pie. Also a beer.
Worst. Smoothie. Ever.
 
Last edited:
Yay, Aldi had one pair of lobster tails left. With chilli crab cakes.

FB_IMG_1640357243603.jpg
 
Last edited:
Do want. Will it ship to SE Asia? I have bitcoin? :D

I’m enjoying some Christmas Eve beers while my mum wraps gifts and my wife makes instatok posts.
Me and the bambina are enjoying the Lindor Christmas chocolates.
 
Only 13 replies in this thread?

What button did you just press, @TB?

EDIT: Distracted, just had a bowl of chicken and brown rice. Mmm.
 
Last edited:
Only 13 replies in this thread?

What button did you just press, @TB?

EDIT: Distracted, just had a bowl of chicken and brown rice. Mmm.
I don't have the slightest idea. :lol:

Should be fixed, though!
 
Lemon is supposed to help cleanse the liver, so...whiskey sour.
 
Hot dog (Chicago style) and fries.

After all the holiday food it was nice to have something a bit lighter.
 
Currently 2 hours into cooking this pork joint on a low heat on the barbie.
92DD806B-C805-41B3-8968-2692D11F1BED.jpeg


I think it’ll be done in another hour.

Result: I wished I’d remember to salt it before grilling, as I didn’t get the crackling from the fat cap. Very pleased with the result and now have a week’s worth of protein to enjoy.

031E0B68-54D7-471D-85C8-FF56395A24C1.jpeg


Next week I’ll try a honey glaze.
 
Last edited:
Wifey brought home 2 beef kebabs. I was gonna save one for the morning but they were too yummy.

Edit: that pork roast above is almost gone. That too is too yummy not to eat.

I’m gonna get so fat.
 
Last edited:
I recently started doing the curbside pick-up for groceries. One of my favorite stores is HEB, but I never go there because the parking is awful. But with curbside...

H-E-B-Pork-Carnitas-Tacos.jpg


These were really good, but I added salsa, cheese and jalapenos.

IMG_20220107_231652517.jpg


But the thing they have that no one else around here has are Screamin' Sicilian singles. I didn't even know they made these until I was shopping on HEB's website.

7a0d30a7-ff4f-486c-a956-dc4fe3d5c513.1a7f5d74430e549605afea6dadbac040.jpg


I added some anchovies, and a little Parmesan cheese.

IMG_20220108_181213943.jpg


These pizzas, oh my god, they are so good.
 
Back