What are you watching?

• Thread starter Blackbird.
  • 4,841 comments
I just finished Westworld season 1 with my friends and holy crap!!! What an amazing show. Everything about the show is just perfection

MONKEES-HEAD-26.jpg

I've been wanting to sit down and watch it again for a while now--I suppose Peter Tork's passing is a good reason to finally pull the trigger.

MONKEES-HEAD-26.jpg

I've been wanting to sit down and watch it again for a while now--I suppose Peter Tork's passing is a good reason to finally pull the trigger.
Sonny Liston and Jack Nicholson both credited. For that reason only, I intend to see that film.

I'd been curious and, like usual, I knew nothing about it short of it being based (loosely?) on the comic so last night I figured I'd give Riverdale a shot.

Fifteen minutes into the first episode there was already a student sleeping with a teacher, lesbians kissing, a gay dude oh, and a murder. On paper, that sounds alright but the way it's all presented, I'm clearly not the demographic they're shooting for.

Off to find a different show that sucks less. Which should be very easy.

Chernobyl is fantastic. It's a little weird to see a bunch of English actors playing Russians, but after a few minutes, you get used to it.

I'm watching a classic episode of 'The Two Ronnies' on Yesterday (Freeview channel 25) and I've been waiting on this episode to air for a very long time. The last time it was shown on BBC was when it first aired in 1971... and it ends with one of their customary 'musical' routines. This one, however, is supremely controversial, as they parody the 1960's/70's TV show 'The Black and White Minstrel Show', with a sketch called 'The Short and Fat Minstrel Show'.

It has been criticised heavily on Youtube and elsewhere as being the epitome of racism, but I don't believe it is - so I hope it is not cut, as despite being dated (and now totally politically incorrect), it is one of their best musical skits and is both funny and totally bizarre at the same time. It is the kind of thing we will likely never see made for the TV again, but I reckon it would/will be a shame if the scene is cut tonight, since I reckon they should show vintage TV as it was.

It should be on in about 10-15 minutes time... so I'll let you know if it has remained intact or fallen foul of a bit of TV historic revisionism...

edit: Well, no surprises there - it was cut :irked:

Last edited:
Just finished Good Omens. It didn't really strike me as my sort of thing but I figured if it was enough to get thousands of bible thumpers' panties in so much of a twist that they petitioned the wrong streaming service to remove it, it might actually be worth watching. I'm glad I did, it was cute.

I'm not watching it right now but I soooo like 'The Orville". It is such a good reminder of the (inspired by) Star Trek franchise. Only thing, I think the humour is sometimes a little bit over the top.

I am watching the new Aladdin. Honestly, these new runs of live action Disney movies are much better than I anticipated. Disney did a good job keeping enough of the original content but adding a bit of new flare. I don't know why people were hating on Smith. I mean, the CG wasn't quite believable, but I think he did good in the role and the CG wasn't bad all considered.

Back