What are you watching?

• Thread starter Blackbird.
  • 4,832 comments
I just almost finished watching the 1st season of One Punch Man in english subs yesterday.
What a coincidence, I was suggested this video at random by YouTube just yesterday.

Anyway, I watched this one last night. I've been a fan of Stiller for a long time and I was not disappointed.

SDC_2360274_2018-17-1--00-15-15.jpg

Actually wishing I'd watched it a few hours ago instead of a few minutes ago.

Those buns really are kind of spectactular.

I’m watching The Haunting of Hill House, on Netflix. I really do think it’s better than Stranger Things, and I loved Stranger Things. To anyone who is a fan of horror, or scary films, this is an absolute must watch, it’s better than any horror movie that’s come out in the last 30 years.

You don’t have to be a horror fan, it’s a great show and you get super attached to the characters quickly. However, if you or someone your watching with, can’t do scary things, this is not for you, or them. Definitely not for kids, they’ll have nightmares for months.

I know a lot of Netflix’s original stuff isn’t that great, they have some good stuff, but it seems like most of it isn’t that great. Shows like Stranger Things, and now this, absolutely make Netflix the most important subscription I have.

Last edited:
'Allo' Allo

👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍

Last edited:
'Allo' Allo

👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍
I have fond memories of watching that from my Dads DVDs :embarrassed:

Kinda want to go and watch it again.

Did anyone watch 'Inside No. 9 Live' on BBC2 on Sunday?

I ended up being able to watch it live rather than on iPlayer as I had planned...

The 'live' broadcast appeared to go horribly wrong as the sound kept dropping out during the first 5 minutes of the show - they eventually took the show off air and said it would be broadcast at a later date, and started to show an old episode instead ('A Quiet Night In'). However it was all an elaborate (and very well done) stunt, as the whole point of the show was that disgruntled ghosts/spirits were interfering with the live broadcast, which became apparent when the old episode also started to go wrong too (which, it turns out, had been cleverly reshot and edited). The show was a very clever mix of pre-recorded scenes and actual live footage, as they even had a TV in one scene and switched onto BBC1, which showed a live clip from the 10 o'clock News (Bolsonaro's election victory in Brazil), only for them to switch back to BBC2 and see themselves on the screen...

As it turns out, the joke/ruse would be completely ruined on iPlayer, so it really needed to be watched live. The fact that they lost an estimated 20% of viewers (who turned off when the old episode started) is pretty funny, though I'm sure a few people probably didn't see the funny side...

Gotta bookend it with Happy Days and Mork & Mindy.
I thought about seeing if I could stream the Happy Days episode first because I don't have that on DVD, but I ended up just popping in L&S.

Yeah, L&S were both toned down from their Happy Days origins.
They were, and I don't think I'd enjoy the show as much had they not been, but seeing as I do enjoy the show and I have it in my collection, I thought it a suitable way to honor Penny Marshall.

Black Mirror: Bandersnatch. When Twin Peaks, Memento and Donnie Darko have a love baby. With a TV remote that sorta works but not really. And the journey is definitely more interesting than the destination. Good stuff. 👍

Black Mirror: Bandersnatch. When Twin Peaks, Memento and Donnie Darko have a love baby. With a TV remote that sorta works but not really. And the journey is definitely more interesting than the destination. Good stuff. 👍
The moment I saw this thread bumped, I knew it would be for Bandersnatch :dopey:

I thought it was a trip, we laughed pretty hard

Last Friday, I just watched Fist Fight and thought it was funny because of Ice Cube's character there as a teacher.

SyFy channel ran a Death Race marathon this week, going through it today. My first time seeing the entire 1975 movie with David Carradine, which was very...strange.

Also included in the marathon are the Jason Statham remake, as well as the 2 straight to DVD prequels. Will be watching those tonight and tomorrow.

Just finished all 3 series of Ashes to Ashes. Such an amazing show, possibly one of the best crime procedurals I’ve seen.

Just ordered both series of Life on Mars (which Ashes to Ashes is the sequel to) so I can’t wait to watch that as well.

Just finished the first season of You.

I admit I was getting tired of Joe encountering more and more obstacles, but I actually like how the ending wrapped up.

That said, I don't think I'd watch a second season of it.

Back