Votes: 6 8.6%
  • Play arcade

Votes: 10 14.3%
  • Do up cars for the sake of it

Votes: 31 44.3%

• Total voters
Originally posted by Jetkillr
Drifting man! AE86!

occasionally ill test out cars. I got an Opel Speedster and modded it out. And i cant reach its lap time on Apricot even with a 1000+ hp Supra. Infact im not sure what can touch it. I mean it doesnt even have that much power. But i think what ill do is take the RUF 3400 S and fully tune it and see if i can scrape that time. BTW where can i find the best lap times on this forum? im new here and i wanna see if im actually good at the game or not compared to the other posters.

check the lap times forum, or www.gt3times.net ? or is it .com gosh one of those! :D beat my 1:13:xxx with a skyline on laguna too... ;)

Originally posted by DODGE the VIPER
But isn't the one with 290bhp the GTR version, not the GTS version?

I believe that the 25GT (RWD Skyline) and the GT-R all had the same RB25DETT i think. They all did have the RB series engine though. I think the RWD Skyline did have a little less hp than the AWD Skyline. So yea thats my bad, i didnt reallt specify which Skyline model we were talking about. I alsmo recall that there was an RB20DET i believe but im not sure wen that was used? it might be in this car so i dunno ill have to look that up.

Yeah, SkylineGTRguy could help us out on this one...but I don't think he visits the GT3 forums. He knows a lot about Skylines.

ok let me correct some things. the 25GT is the RWD Skyline in the R34 model. The GTS-t is the RWD Skyline in the R32 style. (the 25GT is in GT2) But the GTS-t puts out a little over 200hp. But the Skyline i believe might use one less turbo then the GT-R (RB25DET).

I dunno man, if i owned a Skyline i might know but im more into the Silvia thing than i am into the Skyline thing. All i know is that i want a RB25DET under my hood on my 240SX. (2 turbo's wont fit) Also most people opt for the single large turbo, for what? i dunno)

Originally posted by gtmaniak
it probably has something to do with boost and the fact that why use 2 when u can use 1 for the same thing

but then again the benefit of having 2 small turbos is that you have a faster spool up so there isnt as much lag and you can pruduce the same amount of boost and the turbo's do not have to work as hard because they split the boost between the 2.

Originally posted by Jetkillr
but then again the benefit of having 2 small turbos is that you have a faster spool up so there isnt as much lag and you can pruduce the same amount of boost and the turbo's do not have to work as hard because they split the boost between the 2.
yup, not sure about the working so hard thing, but they certainly minimise lag. the smaller one spins up and opens the wastegate just as the larger one is reaching maximum pressure (err i think :D)

Originally posted by Nightmage82
yup, not sure about the working so hard thing, but they certainly minimise lag. the smaller one spins up and opens the wastegate just as the larger one is reaching maximum pressure (err i think :D)

I would put 2 big ones on

Originally posted by gtmaniak
I would put 2 big ones on

2 big expensive ones...and then you'd have to have all the cooling as well...2 smaller ones I'd say would be better than 1 big one. (If the smaller were half the size and half the hp of the big turbo each)

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the point of twin turbos is to reduce lag and give you boost across the full RPM range. Typically one of the turbos spools at low RPM and another spools higher. Whether 2 smaller turbos would be better than a single larger turbo is dependant entirely on your setup. Also, I'm not so sure that 2 turbos would be superior to 1 because they "don't have to work as hard." I think 2 turbos would probably be slightly less reliable and more difficult overall due to the increased amount of cooling required, extra piping, and the timing for the individual turbos' spool up.

I think I'm glad my car isn't turbocharged.

when i said they wouldnt have to work as hard. i was inferring that the life of the turbos would be greater than one turbo. But yea i believe more power across the RPM range is also a key factor too. one that i overlooked.

Back