Votes: 43 61.4%
  • Go to 2 player

Votes: 6 8.6%
  • Play arcade

Votes: 10 14.3%
  • Do up cars for the sake of it

Votes: 31 44.3%

• Total voters
things have chance for me.... for starters, talk like yoda I do not... D'oh!

oh well, these days i just set myself challenges and am happy with top 3 positions :)

Something like that. I compared all the S2000's. And I took the Shelby Cobra out in stock condition, just for fun. The thing ended up losing to my NSX Type S Zero's time by two seconds.

To be more accurate, I only tested the S2000's you can't buy, Spoon S2000, Honda S2000 and the Mugen S2000. I left out the S2000 Race car since I thought it would certainly beat the others.

The Spoon S2000 was the fastest, having most power and least weight.

Originally posted by JoniK
Something like that. I compared all the S2000's. And I took the Shelby Cobra out in stock condition, just for fun. The thing ended up losing to my NSX Type S Zero's time by two seconds.

I do that...but with fully modified cars...the GT40 racecar did so well at Complex String I was amazed...and the GT40 Roadcar was nothing special.

I don't think I'll ever beat the game. I've had it for about two years, and I still haven't even managed to pass the S class license......

Originally posted by Takumi Fujiwara
I don't think I'll ever beat the game. I've had it for about two years, and I still haven't even managed to pass the S class license......
s license is tough, use the ghost car and persevere...

Originally posted by Nightmage82
s license is tough, use the ghost car and persevere...

And use manual...it WILL decrease your times.

Maybe I'm weird, but when I got bored with GT3, I started buying and comparing all sorts of stock cars. I bought a new Lancer Evo VII and a new Impreza WRX and did free runs on several diffrent tracks. Then I would compare my results as though I was a real journalist for Road and Track or whatever (for example, the Lancer feels more balanced and the Impreza has a tendancy to plow ahead a little). What follows is my attempt at playing motor-journalist as I conducted a true-to-life comparison test on 6 comparable cars.

I compared a stock NSX, Supra, RX-7, Corvette Z06, Viper GTS, and Porsche Boxster 3400 S with differing results. The Viper ruled Laguna Seca, turning in a 10 lap best of 1'30.017. The Z06 wasn't far behind at 1'30.495. Boxster was 3rd at 1'31.148, then NSX at 1'32.964, RX-7 at 1'33.165, and last was the Supra at a mediocre 1'33.842. The 10 lap best refers to the fact that, to be fair, I gave myself just 10 laps in a row with each car and kept it's best time. Keep in mind that these are completely unmodified cars (even stock tires).

I also compared these cars at Apricot Hill. Bringing up the rear again was the Supra with a tepid 1'32.601. The RX-7 and NSX were nearly identical, turning times of 1'31.887 and 1'31.780 respectively. For some reason, Apricot Hill was much less friendly to the Viper than LS, as it could only manage a 1'30.555 for 3rd place. The Boxster was 2nd at 1'29.689 and the first place prize went to the very quick Z06 at 1'29.342.

My results were very straightforward. The Supra suffered from poor transitional balance. It was very tail-happy, losing precious seconds as the rear broke loose. THe RX-7 and NSX drive nearly identically. Both have excellent balance and handle with the precision of a scalpel. Had they more hp, they would certainly have faired better. THe Viper and Z06 are similar as well. Though the Viper has an abundance of hp (437@5000 rpm), it struggles to put that power down on the tarmac, smoking the rears on corner exit. THe Z06, however, feels like a good meld of handling and power. It may have nearly 100 hp less than the Viper (369@6000 rpm), but it holds it's line through the apex with much more control, enabling a higher exit speed.

The true surprise of my findings was the Boxster 3400S. This car was consistently as fast as both the Corvette and Viper, yet at a considerable hp disadvantage (only 298@7000 rpm). The strange thing about the Boxster was that it never really felt all that fast. It would skip through the turns and down the straights and never feel out of control or crossed up. That is the beauty of this car. You don't have to drive it hard to drive it fast. Certainly in this comparo, I would give the nod to the Porsche (even though it only finished 2nd and 3rd overall) because of it's supreme ability to go fast without seemingly trying to.

As a side-note, it could be argued that the Boxster had an unfair advantage to the other cars in the sense that it is not really a stock car. Because GT3 only has Porsches modded by Ruf in the game (Ruf is a tuner company that retools Porsches with after-market suspensions and engine goodies) it is reasonable to say that it should not have been included on this comparison. To that, all I can say is that I wanted to include a Porsche and the Ruf was as close as I could get.

Originally posted by Majin SSJ Eric
Maybe I'm weird, but when I got bored with GT3, I started buying and comparing all sorts of stock cars. I bought a new Lancer Evo VII and a new Impreza WRX and did free runs on several diffrent tracks. Then I would compare my results as though I was a real journalist for Road and Track or whatever (for example, the Lancer feels more balanced and the Impreza has a tendancy to plow ahead a little). What follows is my attempt at playing motor-journalist as I conducted a true-to-life comparison test on 6 comparable cars.

I compared a stock NSX, Supra, RX-7, Corvette Z06, Viper GTS, and Porsche Boxster 3400 S with differing results. The Viper ruled Laguna Seca, turning in a 10 lap best of 1'30.017. The Z06 wasn't far behind at 1'30.495. Boxster was 3rd at 1'31.148, then NSX at 1'32.964, RX-7 at 1'33.165, and last was the Supra at a mediocre 1'33.842. The 10 lap best refers to the fact that, to be fair, I gave myself just 10 laps in a row with each car and kept it's best time. Keep in mind that these are completely unmodified cars (even stock tires).

I also compared these cars at Apricot Hill. Bringing up the rear again was the Supra with a tepid 1'32.601. The RX-7 and NSX were nearly identical, turning times of 1'31.887 and 1'31.780 respectively. For some reason, Apricot Hill was much less friendly to the Viper than LS, as it could only manage a 1'30.555 for 3rd place. The Boxster was 2nd at 1'29.689 and the first place prize went to the very quick Z06 at 1'29.342.

My results were very straightforward. The Supra suffered from poor transitional balance. It was very tail-happy, losing precious seconds as the rear broke loose. THe RX-7 and NSX drive nearly identically. Both have excellent balance and handle with the precision of a scalpel. Had they more hp, they would certainly have faired better. THe Viper and Z06 are similar as well. Though the Viper has an abundance of hp (437@5000 rpm), it struggles to put that power down on the tarmac, smoking the rears on corner exit. THe Z06, however, feels like a good meld of handling and power. It may have nearly 100 hp less than the Viper (369@6000 rpm), but it holds it's line through the apex with much more control, enabling a higher exit speed.

The true surprise of my findings was the Boxster 3400S. This car was consistently as fast as both the Corvette and Viper, yet at a considerable hp disadvantage (only 298@7000 rpm). The strange thing about the Boxster was that it never really felt all that fast. It would skip through the turns and down the straights and never feel out of control or crossed up. That is the beauty of this car. You don't have to drive it hard to drive it fast. Certainly in this comparo, I would give the nod to the Porsche (even though it only finished 2nd and 3rd overall) because of it's supreme ability to go fast without seemingly trying to.

As a side-note, it could be argued that the Boxster had an unfair advantage to the other cars in the sense that it is not really a stock car. Because GT3 only has Porsches modded by Ruf in the game (Ruf is a tuner company that retools Porsches with after-market suspensions and engine goodies) it is reasonable to say that it should not have been included on this comparison. To that, all I can say is that I wanted to include a Porsche and the Ruf was as close as I could get.
that's cool man, im currently thinking of buying something out of a nissan 200, impreza and evo. i frequently load up gt3 to check out the differences between the cars ;). its always good that we have people in gtplanet doing these full reviews. well done.

as for the boxster yeah, i was surprised myself when i first tried it. i had dismissed it as a hairdressers car, but when i drove it and it turned in a time as fast as my skyline without even trying i was converted ;) go porsche! err or ruf ;) hehe

Damn, that's a really good idea Majin...I might try that myself one day.

Originally posted by Nightmage82
that's cool man, im currently thinking of buying something out of a nissan 200, impreza and evo. i frequently load up gt3 to check out the differences between the cars ;). its always good that we have people in gtplanet doing these full reviews. well done.

If you are choosing between those cars, might I suggest the Evo. I test-drove one of those for real a couple weeks ago and might I say that it is awesome. It has a Momo steering wheel and recaro buckets. I loved the brembo calipers and the carbon-fiber wing as well. This thing flat out hauls ass, yet is a very civilized daily driver (plenty of trunk space for groceries etc). I highly recommend the Mitsu and will have one of my own one day (when I get out of college and get a real job!!!).

Thanks to you guys for the compliments. I am currently conducting a huge comparo at Complex String. I'll post my results soon.

I will drift in GT3. Then find Drifter X and Drift XL and do a I-link race and drift some more. then I would go find Micheal Shumacher and beat the **** out of him, then drift in GT3 with Drift X and Drifter XL.

Originally posted by Majin SSJ Eric
If you are choosing between those cars, might I suggest the Evo. I test-drove one of those for real a couple weeks ago and might I say that it is awesome. It has a Momo steering wheel and recaro buckets. I loved the brembo calipers and the carbon-fiber wing as well. This thing flat out hauls ass, yet is a very civilized daily driver (plenty of trunk space for groceries etc). I highly recommend the Mitsu and will have one of my own one day (when I get out of college and get a real job!!!).

Thanks to you guys for the compliments. I am currently conducting a huge comparo at Complex String. I'll post my results soon.
i know the mitsu is good but is it better than the subaru? with the boxer engine i've heard the subaru handles better (esp as i'll be getting a pre 97 model.) so an evo 1, 2 or 3 at most.

as for complex string, i always load that up when im testing the handling of cars. i blast them through the chicane. then turn around and go over the undulating bends. if a car feels stable there, it will do fine everywhere else.

Originally posted by Gran Turismo7058
I will drift in GT3. Then find Drifter X and Drift XL and do a I-link race and drift some more. then I would go find Micheal Shumacher and beat the **** out of him, then drift in GT3 with Drift X and Drifter XL.

What went on here?

Drifting man! AE86!

occasionally ill test out cars. I got an Opel Speedster and modded it out. And i cant reach its lap time on Apricot even with a 1000+ hp Supra. Infact im not sure what can touch it. I mean it doesnt even have that much power. But i think what ill do is take the RUF 3400 S and fully tune it and see if i can scrape that time. BTW where can i find the best lap times on this forum? im new here and i wanna see if im actually good at the game or not compared to the other posters.

Originally posted by Gil
Yeah, OLR is just the thing to make GT un boring.
In fact take a couple of similar cars and see how close to identical you can get them and find out which one is best.
Like R-33 and R34 Skylines
R-32 gts vs. 240SX (they do have the same engine, after all)
S2000 Shoot-out.
Honda Civic Shoot-out.
See how weak a car you can win the pro ff races with.
See how little Zonda you can race and win with in the Italian Cup.
The list is endless.

Correction:

the 240SX and the R32 Skyline do not have the same engine.
the 240SX in the game doesnt even have the correct engine. Infact (in this case) the 240SX is the American version of the Japanese S14 Silvia. the engine used in this car in the game is the SR20DET which was only used in the Japanese Silvia which put out around 215hp in the S14. The american 240SX was rated at 155hp with the KA24DE. The Skyline on the otherhand has the Infamous RB25DETT engine which i believe was rated around 290hp on the R32 (correct?). Both the 240 and silvia run with I-4 engines while the Skyline runs with a I-6. But it is possible to fit a Skyline engine into a Silvia/240 chassis. I own an American 1990 240SX XE with a KA24E engine(there is no DE because i have the SOHC version of the engine) but stock it is rated at 145hp. Now i am at about 155hp with a few slight mods. But i am planning and engine swap in the future or i might run with a Turbo KA setup. lol ok ill stop now im off topic!:confused:

But isn't the one with 290bhp the GTR version, not the GTS version?

Back