What games are you playing now?

• Thread starter F1 fan
  • 5,822 comments
Been playing Yakuza 6 (was on sale). Pretty light on what you'd expect from a Yakuza game. Great story with Kiryu being as badass as ever. Sony got their tie in in another thing (Sony Xperia phone makes an appearance).

Beat Star Wars Trilogy Apprentice of the Force for Gameboy Advance not once, but twice and it was actually easier than I thought! I almost want to play it a third time, but maybe later.

Currently I am replaying Corvette for the GBA. I decided to start a whole new save game for the first time in a very long time and I am already over half way done. I may start over yet again and try to get one of the fastest Corvettes from the gallery earlier in the game. Man, after all these years, it's still among one of my favorite GBA games I have! Shame it was a only North American release. :indiff:

Ever since I got my backlight installed on my original GBA, I guess it has completely reignited my interest in the system again and now I am getting to where I want to play it more than any of my consoles and buy more games for it, a feeling I haven't had since I was 10, and i'm 25 now. Feels good to be back! :D

I've been playing The Sims 4, where I recreated myself and it it's already happier than I am while making more money. This representation of myself hurts me very deeply. :lol: So I decided to instead create Mr Man (my GTA charater, quite frankly a childish, socially incompetent lunatic) and make him live in a city apartment with an angry/lazy fat lady named Burned Potato. They fought a lot, and Burned Potato had a habit of being really mean to people and then suddenly trying to flirt, becoming embarrassed when it went wrong and then trying to start a fight. She had a lot of enemies, while Mr Man enjoyed playing with his rubber duck, talking to himself and laughing at Burned Potato's urn after she died trying to lock herself and her worst enemy in a room for 48 hours.

Oustide of that I've been playing Okami HD, because I never got to play it as a kid, and it's to my preferred game formula of "not too hard = fun." The only games where I really want to be challenged is in driving simulators. But I haven't been doing so much of that as of late, maybe it means I'll start getting a real life.

I have been on kind of a classic PC games trip lately. So I've hit up GOG to find a number of past titles.

The first game I got was Wacky Wheels. This was a game that was basically a Super Mario Kart for PC. A big part of this is the Mode 7-style scaling for tracks. This is a very fun racing game! Always has been. If you want to get better in some of the later tracks, you'll need to master making those handbrake turns. None of the tracks are seriously difficult There is even a great "Kid Mode" where younger players can still enjoy the game by making it easier for them to play by adjusting the throttle and such. The game even has an obscure mode where you have two minutes to defeat as many ducks in these battle zones as possible. So this is a game that's fun for everyone. By the way, the game has 15 tracks and six duck-blasting zones; and with the bonus pack, make that 30 tracks and 12 duck-blasting zones. There is a "Wacky Wheels HD" on Steam, but it has been rated poorly among Steam players.

Blake Stone: Aliens of Gold was one of MANY Wolfenstein 3D style games. I played the shareware version for ages until finally finding this full version. Action can be pretty intense and also includes some strategy. People these days would try to breeze through a game like this as quickly as they can. However, this is one of few games from the '90s where you actually need to take your time. There was a sequel to this called "Blake Stone: Planet Strike." I might get this game in the future and see what this is all about.

While I have SimCity 3000, I added SimCity 3000 Unlimited. SC3000U includes their advanced building editor as well as a number of region-specific buildings. Buildings of European and Asian style can be included outside of the main SC3000 type buildings. You could even change up the environment ranging from the ground and the trees. So for example, you could have European-style buildings in a desert-like setting to make your own Dubai. The game still plays every bit like SC3000, just fancier and with scenarios and also some new songs. This was one of many games I felt like I missed out on getting back when it was fairly new in stores.

Honor the classics, GTPlanet.

Tried Shadow of Mordor for an hour and it’s okay I guess but didn’t grab me.

Destiny 2 is free on PSN+ now and it’s not really grabbing me either. The graphics are nice but choppy. Give me my 60fps!

I completed "Blake Stone: Aliens of Gold," and now playing Blake Stone: Planet Strike. This sequel was released in 1994 and is a bit more challenging (and frustrating). Pretty good game still.

I have now challenged myself to try to unlock EVERYTHING in "Blake Stone: Aliens of Gold." I call this my "World Championship." Here's how it works: gain all points, keep all Informants alive, and defeat all enemies... in every level all on the hardest difficulty. And let me tell you- it ain't easy! It sometimes feel like I can't register hits well enough while the other enemies get clean shots on me. It will be one of my proudest gaming accomplishments if I do eventually clear every stage with this same goal in mind! Perhaps more so than when I played Super Mario Bros. and went from Stage 1-1 to 5-2 without Warp Zones and without dying.

I've jumped back into Cuphead in what's likely another feeble attempt to complete it. I do love that it's an old-school game in the sense that it's difficult, and I refuse to back down to the Easy setting.

It's still just so mesmerizing to simply look at.

I was going to try Vigor. But my xbone decided to crap out a brick and turn into mush. Why is it that whenever I want to fire it up, it never wants to act normal? My PS4 never has issues. But then again I use it daily.

Sorry, I need to rant a little.
The stupid console won't connect (or find) to my wifi. When it finally does, I realize the controller isn't charging (99% brand new charging kit thingy, so it can't be broken after a single use a few months back).

And then I tried to update it. It went fast, sure. But when it verified the update, it crashed. Several times. Then it finally updates without no error after a reboot and connection to the non-5GHz network.

But then I start Vigor to test it out, and it says something went wrong with the said update. Now I need to do an offline update.
This Xbox One S has barely been used since I got it, it can't be broken?

This is why PlayStation is the console I like the most.

EDIT: This thing is so broken.. It won't even do an offline update without having an error.

2nd EDIT: I finally got it to work, several frustrated hours later..

Last edited:
FFXII: The Zodiac Age.

finalfantasyxiithezodwvcsx.png

I’m playing the Blackout beta. It’s pretty good, I’m wondering if I should buy the game at release if I didn’t like the multiplayer and have little interest in zombie

Well, took me nearly five months, but I'm back to Crusader Kings 2 for more than a brief look at my last game for stat compilation reasons.

Currently playing: Crusader Kings 2, more specifically the Game of Thrones mod. Minor spoilers, mainly concerning the Tower of Joy and Lyanna Stark.
Pretext of the save was to try as see if I could salvage Robert's Rebellion as Aerys the Mad King.
Notes:
  • Aerys was murdered on the orders of the pyromancer Rossart (book fans know this character's importance and the irony), leaving Rhaegar Targaryen to finish up. Rebellion was quashed.
  • Lyanna Stark died int he Tower of Joy. Left a son behind, who I (as Rhaegar) admitted was mine. There's no Jon Snow in this timeline, his role being taken by a kid named Karlon Snow. R+L=K, except K doesn't seem to have any implications on the end-game of the story
  • Rhaegar's reign was perfectly alright, with the main mistake being a failed attempt to kidnap Ned Stark.
  • Sole major conflict was bringing Mace Tyrell to heel because of his role in trying to make Viserys king. War lasted a year and a half, won.
  • Rhaegar sadly died before I could do much more with him as he was slain in 290 AC by one of Mace Tyrell's bodyguards during his trial by combat. Leading to:
Currently 294 AC in-game (8294 in-game to account for the pre-Conquest history of Westeros).

Sitting on the Iron Throne:
Aegon VI Targaryen, age 12, King of the Andals and First Men, Lord of the Seven Kingdoms
-his regent, Tywin Lannister of the Westerlands

Current heir is Viserys Targaryen, age 18, Aegon's uncle. Currently betrothed to Aegon's sister Rhaenys because I'm keeping the Targs tradition of marrying in the family going for a bit. The Daenerys Targaryen we all know was never born.

Throughout the realm:
LORD OF WINTERFELL/THE NORTH:
Eddard Stark, m. Catelyn Tully
-Marissa Stark, his eldest daughter and current heir, 8, betrothed to King Aegon
-Sansa Stark, 6. (obvs not book Sansa, though ages match up surprisingly well)

THE IRON ISLANDS:
Balon Greyjoy, m. Alyannys Harlaw
-Rodrik, his heir, age 22, betrothed to Hylda Volmark
-Maron, 21, m. Wilma Goodbrother
-Asha,18, m. Tyrion Lannister (now THERE's a couple I could imagine being fun to write for)
--her daughter, Melesa Lannister, newborn
-Theon, 15
-{Harra}, stillborn

THE TRIDENT:
Edmure Tully, m. Sharna ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
-Florian, his heir, 2
-Darianne, 1

THE VALE:
Denys Arryn, m. Irya Waynwood
-Jon, his heir, 19
-{Luceon}, stillborn
-Donnel, 5
-Alaric, 3

THE WESTERLANDS:
Tywin Lannister, m. {Joanna Lannister}, m. Sabrina ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
(Children by Joanna)
-Cersei, 28, m. {Garth Tyrell}, m. Brynden Blackwood
--Hectyr, 2, her son with Garth Tyrell
-Jaime, 28, Lord Commander of the Kingsguard
-Tyrion, 21, his heir, m. Asha Greyjoy
--his daughter Melesa Lannister, newborn
(Children by Sabrina)
-Tyshara, almost 1

THE STORMLANDS:
Robert Baratheon, m. Meredyth Crane
(his heir is Stannis 'the Mannis' due to no surviving legitimate children at the moment)
-Melicent Storm, 7, his daughter by a woman named Scolera
-Lomas Storm, 3, his son by Eliza Wylde
-{Ethos}, 1st legitimate son, stillborn
-Harwood Storm, his son by a woman named Brella
-{Steffon}, 2nd legitimate son, stillborn

THE REACH:
Loras Tyrell (regent is Mathis Rowan due to being 12 at the time)
(same reason his current heir is the former ruler of the Reach, Mace Tyrell.)

(Due to the weird mechanics of the mod, Dorne is technically independent for the time being due to be targeted for a slaving raid by Lys. Doran Martell is still alive, so is he heir Arianne)

Addicted to Zelda! Wish it had more and better voice acting, text dialogue just pulls you out of any immersion. Also the absense of an epic story and perhaps more cohesion between the different worlds in Zelda and this would be a perfect 10 for me. The world does seem empty with only small towns and absence of a large city. I actually like the weapon durability mechanic, which forces the player to explore more weapons instead of just playing with your favorite most powerfull one. The graphics look good, but this game proves that graphics are not that important.

I think I am probably another 20-30 hours away from finally deciding to finish the game. I cant decide which game to play next. Either Spiderman, Tomb raider or Mario Odessey. I will probably go for a PS4 game, because it has been collecting some dust after exclusively playing Zelda the past few weeks (55+ hours).

I've been playing the new Tomb Raider game. I really like it. I enjoyed the previous two games, and this has expanded a little bit on that formula. At least the puzzles seems more challenging (make sure to bump it up to hard if you don't want any sort of hints), and the combat is less bombastic and focuses more on stealth, which I really like. I love when Lara covers herself in mud and is practically invisible. It's an awesome new mechanic.

I've been playing the new Tomb Raider game. I really like it. I enjoyed the previous two games, and this has expanded a little bit on that formula. At least the puzzles seems more challenging (make sure to bump it up to hard if you don't want any sort of hints), and the combat is less bombastic and focuses more on stealth, which I really like. I love when Lara covers herself in mud and is practically invisible. It's an awesome new mechanic.

I'm also on this at the moment, and really enjoying it. It's visually stunning, there's less combat and more, y'know, tomb raiding than the previous reboot games and the new granular difficulty is a great new feature. It means I can turn the combat difficulty right down without getting annoying hints on puzzles/exploration (TR has never been about combat for me so I prefer to minimise it as much as possible) - though the new emphasis on stealth has actually improved the combat side for me too.

I'm taking my time with it - still exploring the first village you get to, and quite often I'll get to a new area and just stop and look around. It's that pretty!

I, too, am playing Shadow of the Tomb Raider. I'm having a ton of fun it, most fun since the Uncharted: Lost Legacy. It's a big step up from the previous Tomb Raider reboots (those were still very good) and it feels a lot like the early games with exploration being a big deal. The game feels significantly larger than the other games, too, but sometimes feels like there are too many collectibles. Even though I don't usually do stealth, the game makes you want to be stealthy, so that's been fun. And also, they greatly improved the characters all around from Lara to supporting characters. Not quite Uncharted level, but still very good with character interactions and dialogue.

I can't get over how detailed and gorgeous this game looks and I am only playing on a standard PS4. I've taken about 150 screenshots! I've found that I am constantly in photomode, it's just that good looking. The game's setting is just fun to explore, with lush jungles and the sounds of wildlife from all over. Really feels like you are immersed in a living world. Good stuff.

I recently did a full clean on my ps4 basically deleted everything factory reset kind of thing so it is back to how it was when I opened it from the shop years back. I am currently letting the system update and tomorrow I am going in search of a new game to play.
I want a game like the 80s arcade classic Outrun but do not know if there is any available or what they are called so I am asking for help on this please.
Can I just say I do not want GT games or Drive club or Project Cars had them don't like them.
Many Thanks for any advice :cheers:

I have kind of been playing RACE 07 again. Mostly here to not only do hot laps, but to look at cars to skin. The skinning process for cars in the RACE series is not like its parent GTR2. You have to put your custom skins into the CustomSkins folder. I have maybe most or all of the different official mods for RACE 07 that I bought on Steam, even including GTR Evolution. I still sort of lament not getting to play all of this back when I upgraded my former PC's RAM. Still great to finally play this game about 11 years later.

Got into my old love for Fighting games, because I need some time away from Zelda (80+hours). So I bought a Hori Rap V Switch edition fighting stick, along with ACA Neo geo Mark of the Wolves, KOF 98, Samurai showdown, Capcom beat'm up bundle and Streetfighter 30th anniversary edition. At least with these games I can do a 15 min. sessions. If I start a Zelda Session I am always hooked for at least 2 hours. I also have a 8bitdo SF30 pro controller and Hori Dpad joycon on the way.

Just finished:
Gone Home - neat, interesting, and less than 2 hours, more an interactive narrative.
Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice - Rad, twisted, and beautifully made.. headphones are basically a must.

Currently playing:
The Last of Us: Left Behind - another short game but already is really good after 30mins.

Need to reorganize so I can get my sim racing stuff set back up.. so much new content on GTS and haven't touched the Ferrari pack on pCARS2...

Recently acquired my parent's PS4 (they weren't using it) so been getting stuck into GT Sport finally, as well as Driveclub. Also been playing Doom (2016) and recently got Shutokou Battle X, the Japanese version of Import Tuner Challenge; mainly so I can boost achievements.

Of course, Horizon 4 comes out tomorrow, so most of that will be put on the back burner probably.

Let's go back in time to a classic: SimCity 3000 Unlimited

Think I finally worked out how to not suck, city of Brotropolis to date:
njXQoHS.jpg

eRRYtt2.jpg

Well never mind then game, just crash on me as I finally remember to save. Reached the late 60's and on the verge of beginning the switch-over to nuclear energy.

Last edited:
GT Sport and Dark Souls 3 atm. Before that, I finished Spider-Man.

I'm trying a no hit run in DS3. Already managed some parts / splits of the game without taking a hit but some bosses and small splits will require a bit more practice. I love souls games and come back to them once in a while (never uninstalled them from my HDD).

Status of Brotropolis as of June 24th, 1984:
Main city:
HInt2I3.jpg

Secondary industrial sector, doubling as the cordoned-off area for my nuclear power stations:
Hwwslmh.jpg

63qNRYZ.jpg

Back