What games are you playing now?

• Thread starter F1 fan
  • 5,822 comments
I've started playing Battlefield 1 since it was part of the XBox Gold downloads (one of the few I've downloaded in the last few months). I did the tank and plane campaigns then decided to try a multiplayer. I was very confused and died a lot. I don't think I killed anyone, but my team won despite my terribleness.

Other than that I'm usually playing Forza 7 or Dirt Rally.

Pretty much play Star Wars Battlefront 1 on XB1 and PS4, MotoGP18 on both consoles, and F1 2018 & Project Cars 2 on PS4... Have several new games I haven't spent any, or very little, time with. [Fifa 19, new Tomb Raider, Spiderman, etc..]

for some reason, this iteration of MotoGP and F1 have me reeled in.

Bought Celeste yesterday. I'd heard about it but since its nomination for the GOTY awards, I've been curious to play it.

Got through the 1st chapter yesterday before going to bed and I'm liking it. It's not an easy game though, especially to play with the analog stick... These types of games are ment to be played with the D-pad or keyboard but I don't like the D-pad's ergonomics on the DS4.

BeamNG and Automation. Already managed to fumble my way through making a car and exporting it, and it turned out well.

PS4

F1 2018 career mode and GTS Sport mode/lobbies for my racing fix.
Black Ops 4 black out mode If I want to play a shooter.

PC (laptop)

Civ 5 with a ton of mods.
Motorsport Manager with F1 2018 mod.

• 1nsane again after all these years
  • Wreckfest
  • Assetto Corsa
  • Assetto Corsa Competizione
  • Portal 2

As of last night, I have finally made my way back to Spryo Year of the Dragon and I am starting over on a whole new save game, it's been at least 6 years or more since I did a full play through on this game again. Though I am aware I said that back in April, I actually stopped directly after because it seems I had too many other things on my mind at the time and as a result I just couldn't enjoy it much. Well this time, it's for real and I had been meaning to get back to it longer than I care to admit, but I just haven't been in the right mood for it until now. I am however playing it for the exact same reason I said earlier though:
Playing it first and then I am going to play the 1st and 2nd after. Sure I may be playing it a bit out of sequence, but Year of the Dragon is the one I grew up with and it's the one I know best whereas I have barely played the first and none of the 2nd. I am playing the 3rd first ultimately as a refresher to remind myself why I like Spyro so much and why I keep coming back to it after all these years, that way I can appreciate the previous two more since they're going to be new to me. All this in preparation for the remaster coming later this year.
I don't plan on buying the Reignited Trilogy until probably sometime next year though.

Been kind of...all over the place.

The Typing of The Dead Overkill

Maximum Chase on the original Xbox

Yakuza Kiwami 2

Beamng

I decided to take the plunge on a Black Friday deal for NHL 19.

Contrary to my location, I actually don't play the NHL games very often - the last one I played was 15, and only because it came packaged with my PS4. It's obvious that the NHL series is by far the lowest on the EA Sports totem pole, and many of the improvements didn't interest me until this year. EA decided to package EASHL and NHL Threes into it's own world alongside Ones and NHL Pro-Am. For the most part, I've been playing Pro-Am, because I like the set-up - teams of four made up of NHL players and then you insert yourself in at the four positions - and it's fun. I've been wanting to try Ones, but every time I have tried to connect, it's gotten as far as the player introductions screen and then booted me back out because of connection errors, even though my connection is fine.

I have installed pCars again and probably going to install FlatOut Ultimate Carnage and NFS Shift.

I have a bad habit of bouncing around between a dozen games at a time. It's great for keeping things fresh but the incremental progress means I almost never finish anything. Current rotation:

Xbox One
- Forza 7
- Forza Horizon 4
- PUBG
- Gears of War 4
- State of Decay 2
- Inside
- Hue
- Defiance 2050

3DS
- Picross E8

I've started playing Battlefield 1 since it was part of the XBox Gold downloads (one of the few I've downloaded in the last few months). I did the tank and plane campaigns then decided to try a multiplayer. I was very confused and died a lot. I don't think I killed anyone, but my team won despite my terribleness.

This is mostly my experience with the game too. I like it an awful lot, but don't have the equipment unlocks the long-time players do, the map knowledge nor frankly the skill. I just play the conquest mode and am usually able to score in the top 10-25% just from capturing and breaking control points and occasional killing opponents. I started playing medic, I like the single shot rifles they use and am able to be more helpful by healing and reviving teammates and squadmates than through raw damage.

Last edited:
I added two games to my collection on Steam: Automation: The Car Tycoon Game and BeamNG.drive. Here are some early thoughts to maybe sway interest to those who may want to pick these two games up...

For one thing, "Automation" is a very intriguing game. Anyone can build and design a car; Automation actually makes you think about as many intricate elements as possible. I like to think of Automation more like SimCity for cars. You're not trying to adjust taxes or fight crime in Automation, but you are thinking about things like the chassis, engine, and things like that. You can take on certain automotive challenges or come up with your own sandbox style car. On YouTube, I seen several videos of different challenges building some insane vehicles. Unfortunately in my first play, I was working in the Sandbox, when the game crashed. So I had to move on. :(

"BeamNG.drive" was surely an intensive game to play on my PC. I had to acknowledge things I don't have for my PC, such as not having at least 8 GB of RAM (recommended; 4 GB is minimum according to Steam). I even went VERY low- playing at 640x480 and toning down as many visual settings as possible. It all still eventually worked. I don't think I will be wanting a refund for this game not working on my PC. I wanted a refund after I was unimpressed with rFactor 2, but I think I will be keeping BeamNG Drive and instead will work to try to have as many interesting experiences as possible. With the performance specifications, I like how eloquently the game shown off the different performance aspects to my PC.

Together, my motivation to get both of these games was not because they were on sale on Steam, but because of the possibility of building your own car in "Automation" and then wreck the daylights out of, uh, drive them in "BeamNG Drive." That is something I kind of hope to accomplish with this 1-2 punch. It should be great fun nonetheless!

Both Automation and BeamNG Drive are currently Early Release and/or Alpha builds as of the time of this post. Definitely, though, pick these two up if you love cars.

I added two games to my collection on Steam: Automation: The Car Tycoon Game and BeamNG.drive. Here are some early thoughts to maybe sway interest to those who may want to pick these two games up...

For one thing, "Automation" is a very intriguing game. Anyone can build and design a car; Automation actually makes you think about as many intricate elements as possible. I like to think of Automation more like SimCity for cars. You're not trying to adjust taxes or fight crime in Automation, but you are thinking about things like the chassis, engine, and things like that. You can take on certain automotive challenges or come up with your own sandbox style car. On YouTube, I seen several videos of different challenges building some insane vehicles. Unfortunately in my first play, I was working in the Sandbox, when the game crashed. So I had to move on. :(

"BeamNG.drive" was surely an intensive game to play on my PC. I had to acknowledge things I don't have for my PC, such as not having at least 8 GB of RAM (recommended; 4 GB is minimum according to Steam). I even went VERY low- playing at 640x480 and toning down as many visual settings as possible. It all still eventually worked. I don't think I will be wanting a refund for this game not working on my PC. I wanted a refund after I was unimpressed with rFactor 2, but I think I will be keeping BeamNG Drive and instead will work to try to have as many interesting experiences as possible. With the performance specifications, I like how eloquently the game shown off the different performance aspects to my PC.

Together, my motivation to get both of these games was not because they were on sale on Steam, but because of the possibility of building your own car in "Automation" and then wreck the daylights out of, uh, drive them in "BeamNG Drive." That is something I kind of hope to accomplish with this 1-2 punch. It should be great fun nonetheless!

Both Automation and BeamNG Drive are currently Early Release and/or Alpha builds as of the time of this post. Definitely, though, pick these two up if you love cars.
Make sure to collect some mods for Automation, too! It can export mod cars to BeamNG as well.

When BeamNG.Drive was first starting out Polygon did a pretty good series of videos of two guys dicking around an causing mayhem. It's worth it to get some ideas for yourself

American Truck Simulator
Euro Truck Simulator 2
Farming Simulator 19
F1 2018
Race Room Racing Experience
RF2

Waiting for my new F1 race rig (Playseat Official F1 license) to arrive, also new Thrustmaster Pro pedals and T300 servo base (to go with F1 wheel addon) so I will have an F1 rig and a Trucks or GT rig with my Ferrari Alcanterra wheel.

Just waiting now and constantly tracking my packages journeys :)

429 AC in Westeros in my current CK2 game.

The Iron Throne as of 455 AC:

Sitting the throne itself is Duncan Targaryen, the Second of His Name, yadda yadda titles and such.
Age 54, on the throne for almost 38 years at this point, legitimate shot at beating the reign record of Jaehaerys I.
Still married to his illegitimate aunt Alysanne Waters, age 51.
Together, their children, grandchildren, and great-grandchildren:
  1. Alyssa, age 36, m. Duncan II's uncle Belgrave Waters:
    -Vaekar, age 17, betrothed to Lady Matrice Dondarrion
    -{Maegor}, died from greyscale in 454 AC at the age of 11
    -Rhaenyra, 9
    -Daenys, 6
  2. Rhaegar, Lord of Dragonstone and current heir, age 34, m. Duncan II's aunt S'vrone Waters
    -Aegon, 19, m. his aunt Rhaenyra
    --{Maekar}, died from pneumonia in 454 AC at the age of 3
    --Elaena, 2
    --Daenaera, almost 1
    -Eglantine Waters, 16, Rhaegar's illegitimate daughter by Lady Jonquil of Windwyrm
    -Aethon, 12, betrothed to his illegitimate half-sister Eglantine Waters
    -Duncan, 6
  3. Viserys, 29, sworn brother of the Night's Watch, formerly married to Lucia Lannister
    -Jaekar, current Lord of Oldstones, 11
    -Cyeana, 10
  4. Daenerys, 26, m. Lucifer Mallister
    -Lucerys, 5
    -Aeryn, 2
  5. Rhaenyra, 19, m. Aegon Targaryen
    (issue already covered)
  6. Maekar, 18, Lord of Langward Hall, m. {Baela Targaryen}, m. Nohia Targaryen
    (by Baela)
    -Gaemon, newborn

Tried out Warframe a couple of days ago. It's similar to Destiny, except better and free. There are obviously microtransactions but it's not a pay to win game. It's made by Digital Extremes, a small-ish developer out of London, Ontario, Canada.

Reviews from when it was released don't do it justice, it's a lot to take in at first but it's pretty good.

Last edited:
The Iron Throne as of 455 AC:

SNIP

Nope. no record for the Dunk. Duncan II died in his sleep in 463 AC at the age of 63, and his presumed heir Rhaegar died in a trial by combat against Lord Monford Celtigar of Claw Isle a few months prior to his father's passing, so the new king on the Iron Throne (as of the middle of 470 AC) is:

Aegon Targaryen, the Seventh of His Name, yadda yadda titles, commonly called "the Dragontamer", wielder of Blackfyre and rider of the dragon Valyrion. Age 35, married to his aunt Rhaenyra, age 34. Together, their legitimate children:
  1. {Maekar}, died from pneumonia in 454 AC at the age of 3
  2. Eleana, 17
  3. Daenaera, 16
  4. Rhaenyra, 14, betrothed to her uncle Maelys
  5. Vaermon, current heir, 13
  6. Aerion, 6
  7. {Alyssa}, stillborn
  8. (not yet born, but on the way)
Illegitimate children of Aegon VII:
(by his cousin Lady Paramount Rhaenyra of The Stormlands, and no this isn't confusing to keep track of three characters related to him with the same name)
  1. Leyasa Waters, 5
    (there is another daughter named Alyssa, officially not Aegon's as far as the realm is concerned)
  2. Rhaegar Waters, 1

Current major event is I finally provoked Rhaenyra's husband Maric Baratheon into rebelling against the Iron Throne. Justification was hazy at best, considering the land he was plotting to steal legally belongs to him, but I don't care about such silly things. Intent to punt him down to a lower lord and give the Stormlands to House Tarth.

Yesterday, I briefly played a classic from my mid-late 1990s- Death Rally (Classic). I am not talking about the reborn 3D Death Rally from 2012, but the classic one by Apogee and Remedy Entertainment back in 1996. This game had a great soundtrack of tracker/module music as well as some fun racing action. Plus... you could even race as Duke Nukem! When the classic Death Rally was re-released by Remedy as a free game in 2009, I saw this game played smoothly on my current PC even with my screen stretched out to 1080p. However, there was some pillarboxing as is the case with 4:3 type video and images. Still, Death Rally was a fine game to play back then and even today.

Started playing these games:
6aFOi7B.jpg
X49D5St.jpg

I've previously played a good amount of Ogre Battle 64 (nearly two decades ago when I rented it from Blockbuster as a kid), but I never beat it. It's my first time playing either of the two Castlevania games in the Requiem collection though.

All of them are wonderful so far.

Elite Dangerous again. I've signed up for Distant Worlds 2, so I'm getting some practice in ahead of the next update due 11th December.

Glad I could help you sway interest on Automation, @MikeV27 ! :) 👍 The only thing that suppresses my playing of Automation are some of the times where the game crashes. I haven't yet built a completed car, so I can't say I have put my creations into BeamNG Drive. I certainly have seen creations from Automation to BeamNG Drive ranging from mild to wild.

Nothing new I've played recently except for a return to TORCS and Speed Dreams.

I will buy RD2. Now searching for the best price. Any cheap online shops? I know just G2a but I heard bad things about them. Amazon and Ebay are quite expensive. Any more?

You can have a look on Eneba store :) They sell games a bit cheaper than other shops

Back