What games are you playing now?

• Thread starter F1 fan
  • 5,818 comments
Playing through the Uncharted trilogy collection having only played the first one on the PS3. Getting the plats is pretty easy.

UC2 was great and better paced between shooting on platforming sections than the first. On to the third.

I'm playing Uncharted 3 as well, (on PS3), I'm about halfway through it. So far it's been great. I really do feel like your really Indy Jones :)

Which one and does it have tearring, lag or other issues? I want to start looking for a solution since it is highly unlikely that my favorite Arcade/console games will ever be released again because of licensing etc. Games like X-men: COTA, Marvel Super Heroes, Xmen vs Streetfighter, darkstalkers etc. Most of them CPS-2 games

Got mines from pi retro gaming. No lag but some games can be a bit funny. I would say 95% are fine. It takes a bit of tweaking with some but if your a bit tech savvy then you will figure it out.

• MotoGP 17
  • Project CARS 2
I bought MotoGP 17 (PS4) two weeks ago but never really got around playing as I've been busy with pCARS2 (PS4) in the meantime. Fired it up during the weekend I must say that for the rock-solid 60fps alone, MGP17 is a must buy if you're a console payer & a MotoGP fan. The controls are responsive, smooth and precise (very Tourist Trophy like in my opinion - which I still consider to be the benchmark for bike games).

It is by far the best MotoGP game I've played in years.

Got mines from pi retro gaming. No lag but some games can be a bit funny. I would say 95% are fine. It takes a bit of tweaking with some but if your a bit tech savvy then you will figure it out.

Thanks! Just ordered one. Not sure I am going to play it much, but it gives me piece of mind that I have my favorite classic arcade games all in one little box if I want to play.

The league I race is in is having a break between seasons so I have been spending plenty of time with my new PSVR and Aim Controller. Have to say some of the games are outstanding. Highlights:

Beat Saber
Super Hot VR
Astro Bot Rescue Mission
Firewall Zero Hour
Farpoint

Beat Saber in particular - wow. Just about as close as I've ever seen to gaming perfection.

A hell of a lot. Most of it last gen stuff.

Pretty much all of the DLC for the NFS games on 360 from Carbon onward (and probably PS3 as well, though I can't check considering I don't have my PS3 anymore) are available so that means Carbon, Hot Pursuit 2010, The Run, and Most Wanted 2012. I'm considering writing a big ol' retrospective on this period of the NFS games, but that's probably going to be much later down the line.

Also going through Ghost Recon Future Soldier, still playing Black Ops IV, and now because I had a hankering to play it again for I think now the fourth or fifth time (and probably fourth with mods installed) Fallout 4.

Playing through the Uncharted trilogy collection having only played the first one on the PS3. Getting the plats is pretty easy.

Ah, I must just suck at these sorts of games. All that's left for me is the playthrough on the hardest difficulty, but I'm stuck at the large round room about midway through the game. I don't even want to think about the later levels...

Collected my 15th PSN Platinum on the weekend with Katamari Forever. I forgot how much I just love the simple pleasure of playing that game. It's also one of the few console games I've been able to convince my significant other to play. In her own words, "it becomes less stressful as the level goes on, not more." :D

In my move to shrink my collection in 2019, this is one disc that I'll be keeping.

Been mostly playing CSGO. I have accumulated 1930 hours in 5 years according to Steam.

I've also been playing F1 2018, the Crew 2 (got it during the Winter sale. Definitely not worth getting it for the normal price), Divinity: Original Sin (a friend at college got me into D&D and this, so much fun!), ETS2 (been playing mostly to relax)

Got myself a cheap graphics card and now I'm enjoying Euro Truck Simulator 2 again!

My dream if I can save and build myself a modern PC otherwise all I can hope for is the Truck Driver coming to PS4. Well, that and hopefully for AoE 4 too.

Last edited:
Too many games....

AC Origins- currently on hold but intend to return soon
FH4- just about everyday, this is my go-to game lately
Zelda BOTW- down to once a week, need to play more
RDR2- about 2-3 times a week
Skyrim SE- giving it more time lately, trying to finish this current play through, nearly done with all faction, side quests and DLC except the dark brotherhood, skipping that this time.

Crew 2- here and there but not much time lately due to FH4, will return soon

Want to buy No Man's sky on PC and eventually mod it but need to finish some games first.

Ah, I must just suck at these sorts of games. All that's left for me is the playthrough on the hardest difficulty, but I'm stuck at the large round room about midway through the game. I don't even want to think about the later levels...

I got platinum on the PS3 back then and now on the PS4, but I felt it was easier on the remaster. They changed some things with controls and tightened aiming. Throwing grenades is easier and I was popping headshots everywhere.

I'm playing VRally 4 and really enjoying it. All disciplines are enjoyable. And just started WRC6 as it is currently free with gold. It took me a while to dial in the steering settings, (especially coming from VR4 which is very sensitive), but I'm almost there now and embarking on the junior championship. Fun.

I finished RiME, nice game. I'm just cleaning up some missed achievements. Otherwise playing some PUBG with pals, and still growing my empire on Farm Simulator 15.

Too many games....

Wow! I have a habit of juggling multiple games at once, but can't say I've ever played five potentially 100+ hour at the same time. That's commitment!

Been getting back into Rocket League lately after I saw they recently made it fully cross-platform. I think it's a testament to how good this game is that even though I haven't touched on about eight months or so, it took me all of two minutes to pick it up and immediately remember how to play and do some of the more advanced moves.

It's also nice that with the influx of console players, my mediocre skills are suddenly a lot more formidable... :lol:

I finished RiME, nice game. I'm just cleaning up some missed achievements.
I wanted to like RiME so much - and the atmosphere was nice enough - but somehow I ended up stuck, without knowing what do to next. This happened very early in the game, too.

I'm pretty sure that was my fault, so I might give it another try in the future.

I wanted to like RiME so much - and the atmosphere was nice enough - but somehow I ended up stuck, without knowing what do to next.

There are some very challenging sections, some are embarrassingly obvious after you figure them out, others are a lot more vague.

General tips:
- If there's a beam of light firing into the sky, you probably need to go there to collect or activate something to move forward
- Aqua / blue coloured statues and things need to be yelled at to activate, sometimes you need to move yourself or things around to be able to activate them all to trigger something, open a gate, etc.
- All of the ledges you can grab or climb have a beige/white edge to them, if you are stuck look around for them as they may be your path forward
- If there is some thistle you need to break through, find a fruit tree nearby and lead a boar to the thistle, it will crash through when you throw the fruit through it
- If there's a pedestal you can stand in and look through you need to shift the camera around to "build" something, open a door, etc., sometimes you need to move objects around or rotate the pedestal to complete the task
- The fox companion you get early on usually leads you to the next task you need to complete, follow it and try to find out what to do to advance
- If you are trying to find all of the collectibles, chasing your fox companion will have you running past a lot of the searchable areas you need to explore
- If you care for achievements/trophies there are MANY that can be missed, often by accident, consult a guide if you want to do it in one shot or know that you can revisit the levels AFTER you finish the game

If you are absolutely stuck, this is a very good text walkthrough with some images.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/art...Chapter-1-Walkthrough#&gid=gallery_7481&pid=1

I prefer text, if you want a video one there are many you can find on YouTube.

Last edited:
There are some very challenging sections, some are embarrassingly obvious after you figure them out, others are a lot more vague.

General tips:
- If there's a beam of light firing into the sky, you probably need to go there to collect or activate something to move forward
- Aqua / blue coloured statues and things need to be yelled at to activate, sometimes you need to move yourself or things around to be able to activate them all to trigger something, open a gate, etc.
- All of the ledges you can grab or climb have a beige/white edge to them, if you are stuck look around for them as they may be your path forward
- If there is some thistle you need to break through, find a fruit tree nearby and lead a boar to the thistle, it will crash through when you throw the fruit through it
- If there's a pedestal you can stand in and look through you need to shift the camera around to "build" something, open a door, etc., sometimes you need to move objects around or rotate the pedestal to complete the task
- The fox companion you get early on usually leads you to the next task you need to complete, follow it and try to find out what to do to advance
- If you are trying to find all of the collectibles, chasing your fox companion will have you running past a lot of the searchable areas you need to explore
- If you care for achievements/trophies there are MANY that can be missed, often by accident, consult a guide if you want to do it in one shot or know that you can revisit the levels AFTER you finish the game

If you are absolutely stuck, this is a very good text walkthrough with some images.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/art...Chapter-1-Walkthrough#&gid=gallery_7481&pid=1

I prefer text, if you want a video one there are many you can find on YouTube.
Will save all this, for future reference.

Thank you. 👍

Far Cry 5 is my thing right now. I've always been a fan of the franchise but 5 is by far the best. Arcade mode is also brilliant. There's a whole lot of gameplay for not much money. I've not tried it online yet but I don't tend to do shooters online for some reason.

I got platinum on the PS3 back then and now on the PS4, but I felt it was easier on the remaster. They changed some things with controls and tightened aiming. Throwing grenades is easier and I was popping headshots everywhere.

You posting this pushed me to revisit it yesterday. Sure enough, with a little perseverance, the platinum is now mine. Up to 16 now!

I switched over to the PS4 version of Star Wars Battlefront II recently because of a cheap sale. I'm up to 92% of the trophies already, and I think I can reasonably get the others, as much as I hate Starfighter Assault. I've deleted it from the XB1 since I've got a few friends on the PS4 to play with, and I need the room on the X's 1GB hard drive for work reasons...

I'll move over to Uncharted 2 soon enough, but need a bit of a break after how many deaths I had in that Crushing run through in the first game.

Oh yeah, and played about an hour's worth of The Grand Tour Game so far — enough to beat the first season episode and the first of the new season. Expect the GTP review later this week...

K3tmHhe.jpg

State of the "Seven" Kingdoms as of the fifth moon in the year 552 AC. Last major development were the armies of the Dothraki and the Iron Throne finally meeting in a proper war, the goal of which was to dismantle their empire for the foreseeable future. Nearly three years of war and tens of thousands of lives later, the war was a success, solidifying Rhaegar II Targaryen's status as one of the better people to sit the Iron Throne.

EDIT: Took screencaps of the war screen, which also keeps track of battles won and/or lost. Did math; nearly 60,000 of my men died just in battles. Factoring in sieges, especially the ones in Mereen, and it's entirely possible 100k of my troops died.

SPEAKING OF:
Rhaegar Targaryen, the Second of His Name, blah titles. Age 31, coming up on the twentieth year of his reign, married to his twin sister Rhaenys.

Their children:
  • Rhaelinor, a willful and cruel young lady with the Targaryen madness, 14
  • Duncan, the current heir, lazy but willful and in possession of some of his mother's considerable intellect, scarred from a childhood battle with greyscale, 11
  • Alysanne, fussy and prone to outbursts of anger, 8
  • {Aethon}, stillborn, born 549 AC, around the beginning of the war between the Iron Throne and the Dothraki Sea
  • Saera, born towards the end of said war, 1

Current line of succession:
  1. Duncan (son of Rhaegar II)
  2. Rhaelinor (daughter of Rhaegar II)
  3. Alysanne (second daughter)
  4. Saera (third daughter)
  5. Rhaenys (sister-wife of Rhaegar II)
  6. Visenya (half-sister of Rhaegar II, would theoretically put the Starks on the Iron Throne at a point if she were to inherit, considering her marriage to the current Lord Paramount of The North)
Current Kingsguard:
  • Lord Commander Criston Musgood
  • Ellard Aldford
  • Donnel Breakstone
  • Hugo of Last Hearth
  • Olyvar Meadows
  • Garse Blackwood
  • Martyn Jast
Small Council:
  • Lord Commander Criston Musgood, Hand of the King
  • Boros Waters, Master of Coin
  • Ser Crispian, Master at Arms
  • Grand Maester Alleras Ramdrin
  • Kiera of Tyosh, Master of Whispers (also the mother of Rhaegar's half-sister Visenya)
  • Rhaegal Targaryen, Master of Ships
  • The 72nd High Septon and Viserys Targaryen are serving as advisors
Great Houses of the Seven Kingdoms:
  • The North: House Stark (2nd restoration, Houses Karstark and Dustin also ruled)
  • The Riverlands: House Vance (1st restoration, The Freys and Tullys also ruled, the Tullys ultimately dying out in the southern portion of The Vale in 394 AC)
  • The Iron Islands: House Greyjoy (4th restoration. Houses Botley, Stonetree, and Goodbrother also reigned, mostly during the periods where succession was determined by kingsmoot)
  • The Vale: House Arryn (2nd restoration, also ruled by the Waynwoods, Moores, and Hardyngs)
  • The Westerlands: House Lannister (1st restoration. The Plumms ruled for a few generations after Tymeon Lannister's rebellion in the early 440's.)
  • The Stormlands: House Connington (1st restoration. There was a reasonable Baratheon restoration in addition to the Tarths briefly ruling)
  • The Reach: House Webber (Also ruled by the Tarlys, the Willums, and the Tyrells)
  • Dorne: House Martell (The only dynasty to remain on their respective throne without breaks since game start)
The known dragons:
  • Goldscale (rider is King Rhaegar II Targaryen)
  • Galry (rider is Visenya Targaryen, daughter of Rhaegar II's great-grandfather King Vaermon I)
  • Jelmazma (rider is Rhaegar II's daughter Rhaelinor)
  • Vassarion (rider is Daella Targaryen, distant kinswoman to Rhaegar and great-great-great-great-great-granddaughter to Smalljon Umber from the books)
  • Daenal (rider is another Targ named Daella, this one is a granddaughter of Rhaegar's great-great-grandfather Aegon VII and great-grandfather Vaermon I)
  • Ryax (rider is Baelor Targaryen, kinsman of Rhaegar II via virtue of being a great-grandchild of Aegon VII)
  • Fangrys (rider is Maelys Targaryen, related to Rhaegar II via being a grandchild of Aegon VII)
  • Trogdax (not ridden yet, currently owned by Aerys Targaryen, Lord of Torrentspeak, related to Rhaegar II via Aegon VII)
  • Rhaenyral (wild dragon, located in Chaiysa, near Asshai, which is near the edge of the known world in the A Song of Ice and Fire series)
  • Valyrion (wild dragon, located in Dragonstone; parent to Goldscale, Trogdax, and Daenal)

Last edited:
I finished RiME, nice game. I'm just cleaning up some missed achievements. Otherwise playing some PUBG with pals, and still growing my empire on Farm Simulator 15.

Wow! I have a habit of juggling multiple games at once, but can't say I've ever played five potentially 100+ hour at the same time. That's commitment!

Me neither until now, it's been a different experience. I normally am a one game at a time - type of guy plus what ever racing game I'm playing at the moment.
---

-Made some good progress on Zelda BOTW this weekend, I have two stamina wheels and 14 hearts, I have most of the memories now. I'm on the boss fight for Vah naboris, the last beast I need, then I will go fight Gannon.

-Still churning my way through FH4, bought a bunch of new cars and set them up and raced, still haven't touched Fortune Island yet.

-Finished up some of the dwindling side missions I have left in Skyrim SE (not many left) I'm going to trap the dragon in Whiterun next and finish up the main storyline.

RDR2 is up tonight, going to try and make it to the 4th camp site.

Last edited:
I've very almost finished Spider-Man and will miss it when it's done, I've also just started AC: Odyssey (PC) and I have to say, meh. It's not bad, it's just not Spider-Man or Horizon: Zero Dawn, although it has clearly taken inspiration from the latter and MGSV (as well as all of Ubisoft's other games, as usual).

I'm not really a fan of their back-catalog-in-a-blender game design/development style but it does occasionally result in a decent game and ACO is one of their better ones recently, it's just not really grabbing me like Spider-Man did, I couldn't stop playing that until the story was finished. Then I took a brief break to do a bit more in Mad Max, went back to blaze through the DLC and now I have a few crimes and Screwball challenges left in Silver Lining to finish it all off. I think ACO is probably just intimidatingly big by comparison and I already get the feeling I'm not going to finish it.

Speaking of Mad Max, that's a game I'd like to finish but something about how it doesn't try to pace you is both a blessing and a curse. I get bored of doing missions so I systematically go through the territories to reduce the threat rating and now I've got to do all of the minefields in Gutgash's territory, I haven't even touched Pink Eye's stuff yet and still have loads of Jeet's missions to do, so I can't really be bothered.

That's the #1 complaint with Mad Max. The gameplay itself isn't awful by any means but it's the way it goes about presenting it to you like you said. It's way too much of a "To-Do List" game.

I have been revisiting my old PC games collections, from NR2003, NIRA, GP500, Jane's F15, Formula 1 97 ( Pysgnosis ), Novalogic sims series, Heavy Gear series and now I'm doing Mechwarrior series from beginning to end - MW1 to MW4 Mercs Mektek. The MW4 and MW3 looks/plays great in HD on plasma-responsive just like I used to back then with CRT monitor :D The ost from MW2 really hits it, brings back lovely memories from my younger days of PC gaming, Heavy Gear Ost was great too.

I've been cycling two games for the better part of a year. GT sport and War Thunder. Gt sport ive just come back from a bit of a break and war thunder has been a staple for a long time, so much to do, so rewarding and so challenging.

I did pick up spintires and train sim world in the recent sale. Spintires is fun but train sim world really caught my attention surprisingly well. Because you can get out and walk about the train and the world, it gives a great sense of scale and is really immersive, really surprised and impressed by it

I played a few chapters of Detroit. I dont feel the motivation to go back to this game. There isnt really a lot of gameplay in this game and the first chapters arent really interesting. Been enjoying Celeste a lot, but have been stuck in the mirror temple. So probably going to continue playing hollow knight.

Really tempted to get RE2 Remake, but preferring to buy it on sale. Also contemplating to buy Days gone at launch or not.

Two platinums in a week? Yes, yes it's true.

I finally killed off Final Fantasy X HD Remaster. It remains one of my favourite FF games, but the complete slog to beat the one final superboss finally wore me down. I got tired of the tedium of grinding to maximize my teams' luck, so I spent 30 minutes increasing my compatibility with Yojimbo and then began Zanmato'ing everything in sight. The silliest two trophies — both involving completely filling up the sphere grid — were also dumb grinds, but at least it's quicker when you're filling it with anything just for the sake of the trophies.

I'm not sure if I'll bother with X-2. I don't remember loving it back in the PS2 days, and this way the game can join the pile of other PS3 games I'm getting rid of: the three Arkham titles and the first Uncharted. I'm trying to cut down on my physical game collection, only saving the stuff I really love and getting the rest to a better home.

Went back to Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice for a bit last night. I'm really enjoying the trip, especially as I never play it for very long in one sitting, so I'm stretching out what I know is a pretty short game. :D

Latest Posts

Back