What games are you playing now?

• Thread starter F1 fan
  • 5,822 comments
qAuktbp.jpg

The Seven Kingdoms as of the third moon of 588 AC. Let Braavos and Andalos go independent because I'm both tiring of having to keep the Free Cities in line and I've got a slightly bigger issue at home:

IM4ya7u.jpg

The Great Sickness of 587 is getting worrying. TL;DR: The bubonic plague.

History overview:
  • Aerys II (262-284 AC)
    His madness is well-documented. Brief marriage to Cersei Lannister. Died in a suspciously JFK-inspired assassination.
  • Rhaegar I (284-312 AC)
    Most of his reign was bringing Westeros into line with purposefully triggered rebellions, the biggest of which was spearheaded by Tywin Lannister and Edmure Tully (due to being the second husband for Cersei Lannister). Took the black of his own accord, died from gout-related complications before pulling the double-whammy of having been both King of the Seven Kingdoms and Lord Commander of the Night's Watch.
  • Aegon VI (312-332 AC)
    Sailed into the ruins of Valyria, found the Targaryen ancestral sword Blackfyre, brought dragons back into the limelight as well. Conquered most of the Free Cities of Essos, united the Summer Islands under a single ruler before dying of cancer.
  • Duncan I (332-380 AC)
    Iron fist, but all in all a reasonably good ruler. Dubious distinction of being his last daughter's great-grandfather.
  • Aurion I (380-382 AC)
    Inherited in his late 50's, his half-brother Aenar would press his claim to the Iron Throne and kill Aurion in battle.
  • Aelyx I (382-383 AC)
    Had some potential to be one of the better kings, but would die after deciding to fight a Myrish rebel in a trial by combat.
  • Daegar I (383-417 AC)
    Seventeen children, only two of whom were legitimate at birth. Objectively terrible person, not Maegor the Cruel terrible.
  • Duncan II (417-463 AC)
    One of the better-regarded kings. His son Viserys would serve as Lord Commander of the Night's Watch for 29 years.
  • Aegon VII (463-494 AC)
    Even more prolific than his great-great-grandfather Daegar I, siring a total of twenty-one children by seven different women. Hilariously had a wife, a daughter, and a cousin-lover named Rhaenyra to keep track of.. Imagine being in the room when he put his wife on trial for plotting treason.
  • Vaermon I (494-503 AC)
    Cursed. Had a disease, was cured via castration. Got greyscale. Had to face the impossible and reluctantly have his brother executed for deserting the Night's Watch.
  • Maelor I (503-519 AC)
    Less amorous than his grandfather, only siring two illegitimate children: one from a woman in the Reach and another from someone all the way over in Yi Ti. Would've loved to have the Yi Ti one in my court at some point for fun.
  • Aemond I (519-532 AC)
    A closer contender to replacing Maegor the Cruel in terms of "JESUS DUDE TONE IT DOWN". Kidnapped the daughter of the then-Lord Paramount of The Vale, who was married to the then-ruler of The Reach, chop her leg off after relations, fake the Valeman's treason, start the biggest war in my realm since Robert's Rebellion, on the verge of winning...but die of an infection right before I could deliver the finishing blow.
  • Rhaegar II (532-585 AC)
    If his twin sister-wife Rhaenys didn't die of gonnorhea and trigger his decline, Rhaegar II would have likely replaced Jaehaerys the Conciliator as the greatest king to sit the Iron Throne. Sent close to a hundred thousand men to their death during his war with the Dothraki. Made half his children hate his guts.
  • Rhaegar III (585-PRESENT)
    Cleaning up the mess his predecessors left, just like Rhaegar I.
The Queens of the Iron Throne:
  • Rhaella Targaryen (???-282 AC)
  • Cersei Lannister (283-284 AC)
  • Elia Martell (284-304 AC)
  • Mychella Tyrell (312-332 AC)
  • Rhaelinor Targaryen (332-357 AC)
  • Aliandra Mallister (358-380 AC)
  • Sarya Ruttiger (380-382 AC)
  • Daenerys Targaryen (382-383 AC)
  • Visenya Targaryen (383-417 AC)
  • Alysanne Waters (417-463 AC)*
  • Rhaenyra Targaryen (463-490 AC)
  • Saranella Lannister (490-494 AC)
  • Dorna Lannister (494-503 AC)
  • Baela Waters (503-519 AC)**
  • Matrice Lonmouth (519-532 AC)
  • Rhaenys Targaryen (534-568 AC)
  • Shaena Targaryen (585-PRESENT)

*-illegitimate daughter of Daegar I Targaryen
**-illegitimate daughter of Septon Duncan Targaryen/great-granddaughter of Duncan II

Last edited:
Playing The Last of Us for the first time. Felt a bit wonky controlling coming right from the uncharted trilogy, but it's been pretty good like 4 chapters in.

Anybody trying the Anthem demo this weekend? I did a couple missions, the movement and graphics are great. Not quite sure if it’s for me though, it’s like a mix of Warframe and Destiny.

I did. Overall I liked it.

Exploring the open world was pretty cool. Flying was a lot of fun.

I've heard it being called "Destiny lite" Which I'm ok with. One reason I stopped playing Destiny is I couldn't keep up. Everything was a grind and my schedule only allows for a limited amount of time to play. So I kept falling further and further behind until finally I just quit. from what I read, Anthem will involve leveling up, but the general grind is "supposed" to be less than Destiny.

I'm excited for Anthem, I liked what I played in the alpha and demo. It looks stunning but I hope they tighten up the framerate and networking by launch... probably a big ask. There were a lot of dips and plenty of rubber banding / rollback problems.

I've been playing a ton of Onrush this week. What a fun game, thanks Xbox Game Pass or else I never would have given this the time of day. All of the events (6v6) are different enough to be entertaining, the vehicle types and abilities are fun and unique and it's just so satisfying to smash cars off the track or crush one from above after landing a big jump.

I know I'm late to the party and didn't go back through the thread to see if there was much talk about it, but if you picked it up free in December with PS+ or have Xbox Game Pass, don't sleep on it.

Other than that I'm still playing Farm Simulator 15 and went back to Far Cry 5 to try and finish it before New Dawn comes out.

I kind of went back to Automobilista to try out the Puma Automobile mod from Reiza Studios. The Lumimari and that racing variant are pretty cool. Kind of like Brazilian Miatas/MX-5s. I still think AMS is a cool game. I'd surely recommend it for you sim racing types. It still is kind of "rFactor 1 2.0" with some nice shaders.

Taking a break from Ghost Recon Wildlands and Dying Light The Following Enhanced for some The Division 2 beta - a little rough yet but for the most part I'm liking what I'm seeing. Maybe one of the few games I pre-order (mainly because of discount and coupon though).

I'm gonna have to bail on The Last of Us platinum with only two multiplayer trophies left. It's just insane now years after release with hardcore players being hundreds of levels ahead of me now. Not even having fun at all and it's a long grind. I loved the single player story.

Still playing Shenmue 2 and Assassin's Creed Odyssey, but now I've stuck my fingers in a few more pies.

Started playing Another Code: Two Memories. It's quaint how the puzzles so far have screamed "look at this novel thing we can do with a touchscreen!". The only time I got "stuck" so far was when the game wouldn't let me pick up the object I knew I needed to solve a puzzle because I didn't first examine the thing I needed to use the object on (which I thought I did, but apparently not actually). Or in other words, game wouldn't let me solve a super obvious and easy puzzle until I made sure the in-game character had also figured it out... and getting that part figured out was harder than the actual puzzle!

I've also started dabbling with Sleeping Dogs, though this'll probably remain on the backburner until I've finished Shenmue and/or ACO. You can certainly draw some parallels between this game and stuff like Shenmue and Yakuza, but whereas comparisons to GTA are ill-advised for those series, Sleeping Dogs is definitely much closer to something like that. The story so far is a lot more gritty/hard-boiled compared to Shenmue/Yakuza, but also a bit more cliche and uninteresting. The gameplay's pretty solid though.. the combat's fun, and doing counterattacks is easy and satisfying. Unfortunately my button mashy habits get me into trouble when I mistakenly press the counter button when there's nothing to counter, leading the main character to stand around like a doofus for a second or two where he'll take a few cheap shots. Couple that with the fact that he can't take too many hits to begin with, and there being no RPG-style health potions you can spam like in Yakuza... and well, Sleeping Dogs is definitely a much more difficult game combat-wise than either Yakuza or Shenmue. There aren't any difficulty options either, so it just is what it is.

Another one I've started playing is No More Heroes. Specifically the PS3 port, Heroes' Paradise... much to the annoyance of my friends who insist the Wii version is the superior version. I'm digging it a lot so far though, so whatever downgrades this version might have clearly aren't hindering my enjoyment too badly. The only noticeable issue is the frequent screen tearing, but I put up with it when I played Killer is Dead last year and that was arguably much worse in that regard.

Lastly, I've also started Detroit: Become Human. It's definitely another David Cage game... which means it'll definitely be another guilty pleasure of mine. The opening sequence is uncharacteristically excellent, though I imagine it only goes downhill from there. Looking forward to that, though with its reputation as the "least bad David Cage game", it might underwhelm compared to how far downhill his other "gems" go.

Been on a sort of Mario binge lately. I guess something that's been a little "easy" and a good laugh with my brother. A distraction in a rather bad time I suppose.

Mario Party 10
Mario Party 9
Mario Kart 8
Mario Kart Double Dash
Mario Tennis Ultra Smash

Got some inspiration for The Sims from a house I saw in an episode of Columbo from 1971.

Skärmbild (998).png Skärmbild (999).png Skärmbild (1001).png Skärmbild (1002).png Skärmbild (1004).png Skärmbild (1005).png Skärmbild (1006).png

The house was brand new in 1971, when it was featured in Columbo ("Murder by the book").
569cd7717c3c25af41adb16a773f69ae.jpg
944_airole_entrance.png

Back to good old Civilization 5 with a ton of mods. Mods transform this game and it bring it to the next level. I still like it better than Civ 6.

I’m struggling to maintain any interest in anything else right now. I’m cautiously optimistic about the Division 2 but I’m not getting my hopes up too high for it after owning the first one.

Cyberpunk 2077 looks so cool, but who knows when that will release.

Good God... the boss level in The Sims is when it gives you triplets to raise. What makes it worse is that my butler refuses to help with them and the nanny is apparently paid to watch TV all day long. That’s actually kind of realistic though...

The strategy now is to put each of them in their own time zone, so that only two of them are awake at any given time (think endurance racing). I’m sprinkling tablets around them to try to make them entertain themselves as far as possible. The goalposts have also been adjusted slightly from making sure that they grow up with maxed out skills to making sure that they grow up at all.

I knew I should have just bought a dog instead...

AC: Origins has taken a back seat
RDR2: on a current hiatus as well

Been playing a lot of Elite Dangerous again, much of that has been spent with a friend trying to undermine and dominate his home system so we can win control of it. The problem is, his system is one of the broken ones that the 3.3 update broke. Despite our best efforts, we were unable to wrest control away even though it says we dominated the conflict for days. Definitely something that needs to be fixed, at least we had a great time doing it.

Zelda, BOTW, spent some time sneaking around the Hyrule Castle area in an effort to find the Royal Knight Armor added by the DLC, finished a new shrine or two. I'm just totally milking this game before I go fight Gannon.

The Crew 2, been away from this game since about November, tried my hand at an Air Race and was surprised at how horrible and rusty I was. So I moved on finished the last two races I needed to beat Tuck and get the Helicopter. Going to take it out for a spin tonight.

Forza Horizon 4- bought and tuned some new cars including a 5.0 mustang then focused on finishing street races, just love this game so much, still the best Forza yet. Really can't say enough good things about the improvements to the livery editor.

WRC 6, since it's an XBox Games with Gold.
Dragon Age Inquisition as it was part of a sale a couple months ago. I've spent quite a bit of time playing it since.
Dirt Rally as WRC 6 made me want to play it again.

I have been trying to finish up Far Cry 5 before New Dawn. I finished up the Whitetail Mountains region last night and am ready for the final encounter. That place was my least favourite area and boss of the game.

I played some Crackdown 3 via Game Pass last night. It's deserving of its middling reviews, it is more Crackdown and that's all I can really say. Collecting orbs, jumping up buildings, throwing cars and blowing stuff up is still as fun but the rest of the game is the same as it ever was. As part of a subscription service it's okay, if I paid $79.99 CAD for this I would be upset.

I will check out Anthem on the weekend, sounds like it's having similar server issues to when they ran their demo.

I recently purchased an Xbox 360 from a friend and to my surprise It had Forza Motorsports 3 and 4 pre installed on the hard drive with all of their DLC packs so I’m currently playing those 2 games and I'm planning on getting MCLA complete edition later today.

I'm not liking Uncharted 4 but finished and got the platinum. This was far too slow and grounded. I prefer lots of set pieces, shooting, and monsters in my Uncharted. UC2 is still my favorite.

Last edited:
Anthem is looking like a flop, tbh I wasn't that impressed by the demo when I tried it out anyway. I bet EA shuts down Bioware in the future like they have done to many other devs.

Finished RDR2 - I have to say that is Rockstar's best yet. Well worth the time it takes to get into. Before this, I never finished a GTA or Red Dead game.

Uncharted: Lost Legacy is what I chose out of my backlog to play now. Seems ok so far.

Edit - I put emulators on our Fire TV box and the wife has been on an SNES binge. Played through Super Mario World, Donkey Kong Country, and is working through Donkey Kong Country 2. I played myself a little Super Mario Kart, Rock and Roll Racing, and F-Zero.

PC: Rainbow Six Siege, Dying Light with a friend - again (just completed Dead Island, again), Euro Truck Simulator 2

PS4: GT Sport

XB1: Forza Horizon 4

Last week was a wild week, of the new stuff that came out recently I played some:

Anthem
Crackdown 3
Far Cry New Dawn
Wargroove

For old stuff:

Far Cry 5 (finished the main story)
Agents of Mayhem
Fearful Symmetry & The Cursed Price
Full Metal Furies (I suck at this game, but liked Rogue Legacy enough to keep trying, same developer)

I wish I could focus on a single game instead of this slapdash jump from title to title. No wonder I hardly ever finish anything.

Anthem is looking like a flop, tbh I wasn't that impressed by the demo when I tried it out anyway. I bet EA shuts down Bioware in the future like they have done to many other devs.

I just have zero enthusiasm or interest in anything EA does these days. Everything they put out seemingly has the same issues with rushed development, monetization schemes, or other things I just don't want to bother with.

I totally expect bioware to eat a bullet soon too.

I've been playing an old freeware FPS game called Area 51. You play as the Protagonist Soldier Dude in Space Marine Armor, who must fight through the hordes of alien zombies. And Illuminati. It honestly didn't age well, but it's a free game, and it certainly has its moments.

Also, I'm playing Yakuza 0 right now. I'm just playing on easy difficulty right now though, having never played any of the Yakuza game before. Still, I'm having a blast playing it; it's so weird and quirky in all the right ways.

I am somehow juggling 3 games released recently:

Metro Exodus (Xbox One)
Dirt Rally 2.0 (PS4)
Crackdown 3

I was playing the original Crackdown lately and it was bringing back memories, but initially wanted to wait to get 3, but glad I got it. It’s dumb fun all over again like the first one. It’s great.

Also finished up Resident Evil 2 Remake. Still playing Forza Motorsport 7 and Horizon 4 from time to time. Damn, I need a life! It's winter, whatever.

Back