What games are you playing now?

• Thread starter F1 fan
  • 5,822 comments
Pokemon Crystal Clear

Pokemon Ultra Sun

FIFA 19

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

I'm in the middle of scheduling some semi-regular tournaments with my Switch down the pub as a fundraiser for the GAA team I play for. FIFA and MK are the ideal candidates.

Played Omega Boost today on PC, bump up to HD res, hook up my DS3 to PC --- still fresh to play after all these years, then I started Front Mission 3 again :) What a blast :D

F1 2018 and GT Sport on the PS4, Forza Horizon 4 on the Xbox One and Rainbow Six Siege, The Division, Arma 3 Exile and some Uno on the PC.

Trying to get stuff done. :P

Will come back to my career on F1 2018 on PC later.

Finished uncharted 3 for the first time. It fell a bit flat for me having played UC2 so recently. The big cruise ship set piece felt tacked on and was completely pointless to the plot. The villain felt poorly explained and the final fight sucked.

Got all three plats in the collection though, onto UC4 and LL.

Out of the Park 18

BASEBALL! A sport I'm trying to understand. Doing a game from the 1984 season on where I merely observe the goings-on of the baseball world.

Very few observations, just trying this out for funsies:
  • Barry Bonds had a pretty good rookie year, I think.
    0Mkc24Y.jpg
World Series results, didn't care enough at the time to break down things by game:
1984: Detroit Tigers over LA Dodgers
1985: Dodgers over Toronto Blue Jays
1986: Dodgers over Red Sox
1987: Red Sox over Dodgers (THE STREAK IS OVER)
1988: Red Sox over NY Mets

Out of the Park 18

BASEBALL! A sport I'm trying to understand. Doing a game from the 1984 season on where I merely observe the goings-on of the baseball world.

Very few observations, just trying this out for funsies:
  • Barry Bonds had a pretty good rookie year, I think.
    0Mkc24Y.jpg
World Series results, didn't care enough at the time to break down things by game:
1984: Detroit Tigers over LA Dodgers
1985: Dodgers over Toronto Blue Jays
1987: Red Sox over Dodgers (THE STREAK IS OVER)
1988: Red Sox over NY Mets
Bonds playing for the Brewers? What's up with that...

Just finished A Fisherman's Tale in VR - not the longest game I've ever played (took me about 3 hours taking my time), but a fantastic game that could probably only be done in VR, and at less than £10 in the Oculus store decent value IMO. Really beautiful game too. Recommended if you have VR (it's available for Vive and PSVR too).

Besiege. Youtube recommended me a video from Draegast and I started watching his videos and realized I want that game. I played 2 hours of it and I even built a basic trebuchet in it.

I am still playing Battlefield V. With Christmas, I have added Super Smash Bros. Ultimate to the mix.

I am still playing a bunch of Battlefield V, but have added Diablo 3 to the mix due to a new season starting recently. I have not touched Smash Ultimate on the Switch in a few weeks now.

I got into the Dreams beta and downloaded it last night. I haven’t made anything yet but have been playing some of the games already created by the community and this game has real potential.

I got into the Dreams beta and downloaded it last night. I haven’t made anything yet but have been playing some of the games already created by the community and this game has real potential.

I'm interested in that aspect, as I doubt I'll ever make anything myself.

I'm dividing my time between GT Sport and Total War: Warhammer 2 at the moment. I just picked up Total War: Warhammer 2 on discount a couple of weeks ago and it's quite good so far. Not sure I have time to play all of the races and campaigns though.

Same reason Ken Griffey Jr is an Oriole: ¯\_(° ͜ʖ °)_/¯
1989 World Series saw the Red Sox pull off a three-peat versus the Dodgers in a rematch of the '86 and '87 contests.

1991 season is over as the Seattle Mariners claimed their first World Series win, defeating the Mets in six games.
Major takeaways were the Orioles almost coming back from three games back in the ALCS before failing in Game 6 ironically enough and Barry Bonds coming up three home runs short of breaking Roger Maris' record.

I have played nothing but GT Sport and Blackout for the last 3 months but since picking up Resident Evil 2 on Saturday that is all I've been playing. Masterpiece!

Same reason Ken Griffey Jr is an Oriole: ¯\_(° ͜ʖ °)_/¯
a4zNQ1W.jpg

1989 World Series saw the Red Sox pull off a three-peat versus the Dodgers in a rematch of the '86 and '87 contests.
Is that how you set up things or is the game just that bad at recreating reality/history?

Recently started playing Shenmue 2 and Assassin's Creed Odyssey... Loving both so far. Already sunk nearly 25 hours into Odyssey over the past few days, which is approximately 5x longer than how long I've played all the other Assassin's Creed games combined. It's scratching all the right itches... the MGSV itch, the BotW itch, the itcher 3 too (though I still need to beat that one).

I've also been grinding out quests on MTG Arena with my silly decks. I think my routine's gonna be to save up all my gold until a new set drops, then blow it all on packs of the new set once it's out... rinse and repeat.

The Division. Finally got to Level 30 - and the real fun, and the real good loot drops, begin. It's really allowed me to enjoy the game a lot more, especially now that I have all the expansions and such.

Is that how you set up things or is the game just that bad at recreating reality/history?

OOTP is wonderful for the former. I was able to manage the 1996 Astros with Biggio and Bagwell and get them to some success. Really, it's dependent on how much you want to work with it. I also remember an article that simulated an entire MLB season with the only players being Adam Dunn, or something to that effect.

And like that, Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice is done. Beautiful game, and I'm okay with the length. It doesn't have a ton of replay value I suppose, so that'd be an argument against it, but it's such a well-resolved overall experience that I'd call it fair. That's just me though.

The combat mechanics are a little clumsy, but even that doesn't detract. Really great experience, and I highly recommend it to anybody looking for a story-based action game.

Ace Combat 7: Skies Unknown is my latest buy, been waiting for an AC game for ages now...my last has been Belkan War for the PS2 (skipped the PS3 generation, and never bought a 360 either), so the hype was indeed big. Have to say, it didn't disappoint at all.

Ace Combat 7: Skies Unknown is my latest buy, been waiting for an AC game for ages now...my last has been Belkan War for the PS2 (skipped the PS3 generation, and never bought a 360 either), so the hype was indeed big. Have to say, it didn't disappoint at all.

That games is on my radar (no pun intended). Are you playing with a controller or stick? 15 years ago I was into flight/space sims, playing with a flightstick. Really no idea what I can expect playing with a pad. Will it pull me out of the immersion?

That games is on my radar (no pun intended). Are you playing with a controller or stick? 15 years ago I was into flight/space sims, playing with a flightstick. Really no idea what I can expect playing with a pad. Will it pull me out of the immersion?
Regular DS4, been playing the whole saga without flight sticks. It's not a simulator, I've tinkered with MS Flight Simulator in the past and there is no comparaison: AC is very much arcade. Pad works perfectly fine ;)

Getting back into Blackout in BO4. Mostly solo, I used to play squads but I am sick of being put with bad randoms who don't even communicate on the mic. What's the point of playing squads if you are going to do your own thing? smh. Tried to get into the multiplayer side of it too with TDM, dom, etc but it's just boring and random for my tastes.

Also going to try the Anthem demo tonight if it's available. I am cautiously optimistic about the game. I want it to succeed but a part of me also wants it to fail badly just so EA has egg on their face once again. EA needs to go, they are a cancer in the game industry. They ruin everything they touch.

Last edited:
The first one. Started in the 1984 season, doing a run-through of this save's timeline of the 1992 season now.

Now it's after the 1993 season. Had a wonderful four-way home run race between Mark McGwire (this timeline part of the LA Dodgers after stints with the Athletics, Tigers, and Angels), Barry Bonds (now playing for the Royals after his time with Milwaukee), Albert Belle (who started with the Orioles this timeline instead of the tail end of his career), and Matt Williams (with the Athletics after several seasons with the Angels). All of them did at least 50, but it would ultimately be McGwire who would win and ended up setting the new single-season record (in this save's timeline) with a total of 65. Bonds, Belle, and Williams would finish with 57, 52, and 51 each.

World Series results:
1984: Tigers over Dodgers
1985: Dodgers over Blue Jays
1987: Red Sox over Dodgers
1988: Red Sox over Mets
1989: Red Sox over Dodgers
1990: Blue Jays over Mets
1991: Mariners over Mets
1992: Twins over Mets
1993: Mariners over Mets

40 hours in, I'm really enjoying Persona 5. God of War and Detroit: Become Human will have to wait.

Anybody trying the Anthem demo this weekend? I did a couple missions, the movement and graphics are great. Not quite sure if it’s for me though, it’s like a mix of Warframe and Destiny.

Back