What games are you playing now?

• Thread starter F1 fan
  • 5,818 comments
Everyone who ever entered an arcade in the late 90s/early 00s should know Area 51, assuming you're talking about the same game?

I was talking about one made by Midway, for PC and PS2 and Xbox. I guess there are a lot of games with Area 51 on its name :lol:

Honestly, I never knew that there was an arcade shooting game with the name of Area 51. I was more of House of the Dead guy. Oh, and also Virtua Cop 2.

Back to playing The Crew 2, taking a break on FH4

Finished most of Skyrim and side missions (except the Dark Brotherhood and Civil War, skipping those this time), so time for another play through.

Elite Dangerous is getting the most attention from me, it's been my go-to game for the last 3 weeks. I don't think that is going to change any time soon, 1500 hours and counting into that one and it's still just as fun.

Lots and lots of NHL 19. Got it back in November around Black Friday on the PS Store. Decided to get the “99 Edition” because it was just an extra $10 over the original and why not.

Only bonus content over the standard edition was stuff for the Ultimate Team game mode, something I’ve never gotten into until this year.

Just got into it to justify that extra $10 but dammit I’m addicted now. Other than that first extra $10 though I’ve avoided the microtransaction trap that this game mode is made for. I’ve had fun building up my team and grinding for the hockey legends that are new to the series this year.

My cousin played for the Red Wings and Blackhawks and made his debut as one of the legends in the game. 88ovr Bob Probert. Currently sits as my second pairing defencemen (even though he was a winger back in the day).

There isn't a whole lot of games that really capture my interest right now so I'm giving Destiny 2 another go, I got it for free from PS plus a few months back and now I just bought the Forsaken DLC for $26, the two other DLCs came with it as well. It also allows me to bump my level up to 30 and skip the other campaigns which is fine since I beat them already on my Xbox, so not huge loss if I don't like it. My Xbox died in the summer and I haven't bothered to replace it since it's out of warranty anyway. Not worth buying a new one or a refurb for $200.

Looking forward to seeing how the Division 2 works out, I will wait a bit for buying it because I definitely was not blown away by the first one when it released. I stopped playing for over a year and didn't return to the game until patch 1.18.

Last edited:
I'm not much of an Arcade-style race game fan, but with Ridge Racer I'll make an exception :)

Picked it up from the PS Store on my Vita.

Going to start Metro redux and perhaps Exodus if I like the story. A bit of in a rut though, not any games I am really intrested in at the moment.
Games I really want to play though are:
- Last of us 2
- Days gone
- Ghost of Tsushima
- Sekiro

I'm playing GT5 on PS3.. I did it all over again.. Few more endurance races to do..

But I have a question.. I'm not into gaming but I'm really into racing and cars..

Should I buy ps4 or xbox or is it to late now and better to wait for next gen console..

If you think I should go and buy console now (I bought ps3 only for GT5).. Can you also please recommend some kind of budget bundle of games(only racing) +wheel(which one?) +console..

Sorry if this is little bit off topic. And thanks in advance

I'm playing GT5 on PS3.. I did it all over again.. Few more endurance races to do..

But I have a question.. I'm not into gaming but I'm really into racing and cars..

Should I buy ps4 or xbox or is it to late now and better to wait for next gen console..

If you think I should go and buy console now (I bought ps3 only for GT5).. Can you also please recommend some kind of budget bundle of games(only racing) +wheel(which one?) +console..

Sorry if this is little bit off topic. And thanks in advance

It's not too late ! This gen has been kind to racing games, you could pick most of them up for pennies now. I think you should buy an Xbox as it has more driving games than the PS4, the only exclusive games you would miss out on is GTS & Drive Club. But you would gain all the Forza games, of which there has been 6.

As for steering wheels, I cannot answer as I don't have one.

Picked up NASCAR Heat 3 yesterday. After a couple hours in I can see why it got so many comparisons to Dirt To Daytona, mostly because it has that same crusty, unpolished feel that gave D2D its charm. Unfortunately I think in this case it's more a result of their choice of game engine... Unity was never really meant for driving games, and this one feels well outside the scope of the engine's limits.

That said, it's giving me serious nostalgia for the Playstation 2 era of racing games in all respects, so I don't feel like the money was really wasted.

Finished Uncharted Lost Legacy - it was ok, standard Uncharted.

Played Inside - finished it in the same day.. this is a wonderful game and I am glad I played it. Was short but sweet.

Now I am back to Horizon Zero Dawn. Great game, not sure why I stopped playing it last time. Almost done.. then will play COD MW remaster because it is free from PS+

I finally got my silver ps2 slim back(that my brother borrowed it for few years) and brought a used copy of Gran Turismo 3 from Amazon. I did all the license tests first and oh boy, doing the S - License was a pain in the butt to complete. I recently done the Sunday Cup and Clubman Cup. The only GT I don’t own is GT4. So many ps2 games are waiting for me to play that I haven’t play in years like the Burnout series.

Right about now I'm juggling GT Sport with Dirt 4 and Hitman.

GT Sport because of the FIA championships
Dirt 4 because I love how in depth the game play is, especially in regards to your team
And Hitman because of the sheer complexity of it all, makes nailing that perfect kill all the more satisfying!

Just platinum'd Destroy All Humans 2 earlier today. I bought it and the original a while ago when I saw they were available on PS4, even though I have the PS2 physical discs, because I figured the trophies would be easy, and I was in the mood to revisit them anyway.

That said, I think it was a case of rose-tinted spectacles. It's a fine enough game, but it definitely feels like a smaller team tried to bring some of that GTA-ness to a game on a budget, and the result is a lot of wide-open nothingness. The jokes don't quite land as well as I remember either.

I stuck Uncharted 2 in for a quick blast tonight. Mostly I wanted to see if the online servers were still active so I could grab two easy trophies. Turns out they are! That's pretty incredible considering the game is fast approaching it's 10th birthday...

Finished a play through of COD MW remaster. Was fun glad they put it on ps+.

Now onto Rise of the Tomb Raider 20 yr Celebration. Seems really good so far.

I've been playing Import Tuner Challenge this past week(end) and managed amass atleast 15 hours of play time since thursday (around 32 hours in total - damn addictive once you really get going :embarrassed:). I 100% it yesterday and finally got my hands on the 240Z as well. Beating the wanderers took a lot less time than I expected. I really enjoyed my time with it despite the laughably short car list and relatively small map.

Shame that we never got a new TXR game after ITC/SB10 on the XBOX 360. I refuse to acknowledge the dreadful SB:Xtreme that Genki made for iOS and Android which barely lasted a year before being pulled from respective store. 16 years later I'm still pissed that we never got TXR3 for the PS2 here in Europe.
zLojaZ7.jpg

Currently contemplating whether to start a New Game+ on ITC with my garage and money intact or move on to TXR0 which has been collecting dust forever.

Last edited:
I was playing Dirt Rally & Forza 6, but once realising Shenmue 3 is finally out later this year I thought I'd pull my finger out and at long last start on Shenmue 2. After adjusting my eyes to the, (once), amazing graphics I'm enjoying it so far. Finished the first disc & now the story is picking up.
Oh and started what must be my 5th play through of MSR, it's as great as I remember :)

Deciding on which ONE of the ludicrous grindfest games that seem to constitute my games collection I have time to play.

Back