What games are you playing now?

• Thread starter F1 fan
  • 5,822 comments
Playing Escape from Tarkov and just started Grid (2019) on PC.

Grid has been great so far. It's not simulation physics that I usually prefer, but it's not arcade either. I find that they have a good balance between the two.

Assassins creed 2. Very good game and the story is excellent.

When I bought my ps3 it came with this and modern warfare 2. Only took me ten years to start playing it.

So I didn't take a break from video games, currently I'm playing BioShock.

f69d940a-ec18-4161-8e8b-55e34bc11924.jpeg

A Dystopian/Steampunk Action-horror First Person Shooter with RPG elements where you explore the underwater city of Rapture. During the way you will get a variety of weapons and superpowers. Also you can upgrade your weapons. In order to get all those things, you must collect all the resources available across the area.

Last edited:
Bought Baldurs Gate and Bladurs Gate II for the PS4 today. Let's see what the 20 year fuss is all about. :)
Played both of those games when they were new releases back in the day and they were excellent. Bought an upgraded version a couple of years ago for the pc and the gaming world has advanced so much the games did not seem seem nearly as interesting or fun to me compared to todays standards I guess is the problem. For me anyway I think I should have left the classics in the past where they were still some of the best of all time..

I got myself a one month of Gamepass on Xbox, and I'm playing through the Monster Hunter World.

I just had myself a first big fight, wherein I poked a giant yellow iguana with an equally giant stick that did 8-12 damages with each poke. Seeing a pitiful damage output from my weapon was discouraging, but since the giant yellow iguana wasn't even making a dent in my health bar either, the feelings were mutual between the two of us.

About 10-20 minutes later, the giant yellow iguana went down, and left me feeling really puzzled. It seems the game's going really easy on me so far.

Played both of those games when they were new releases back in the day and they were excellent. Bought an upgraded version a couple of years ago for the pc and the gaming world has advanced so much the games did not seem seem nearly as interesting or fun to me compared to todays standards I guess is the problem. For me anyway I think I should have left the classics in the past where they were still some of the best of all time..
Have you picked up Divinity Original Sin 2? That game is absolutely fantastic!

I got myself a one month of Gamepass on Xbox, and I'm playing through the Monster Hunter World.

I just had myself a first big fight, wherein I poked a giant yellow iguana with an equally giant stick that did 8-12 damages with each poke. Seeing a pitiful damage output from my weapon was discouraging, but since the giant yellow iguana wasn't even making a dent in my health bar either, the feelings were mutual between the two of us.

About 10-20 minutes later, the giant yellow iguana went down, and left me feeling really puzzled. It seems the game's going really easy on me so far.
Yeah! Enjoy Anjanath.

And then enjoy Diablos.

And then enjoy Nergigante.

This game has several steep curves in the difficulty. Always prepare heavily for a new fight, always be going the extra mile for gear and gems, and you'll be alright.

And don't feel bad when Nergi one shots you with his divebomb for ten straight fights - it happened to all of us.

Yeah! Enjoy Anjanath.

And then enjoy Diablos.

And then enjoy Nergigante.

This game has several steep curves in the difficulty. Always prepare heavily for a new fight, always be going the extra mile for gear and gems, and you'll be alright.

And don't feel bad when Nergi one shots you with his divebomb for ten straight fights - it happened to all of us.

Yeah, I had a feeling that can't possibly be the entire game.

Turns out, my starting armor - guardian armor - is intended to be incredibly overpowered, and removes any difficulty from the game right from the get-go. I have no idea why Capcom would hand out OP item like that to a beginner. It seems like a pretty big flaw in design.

Anyway, might as well get myself more appropriate beginner armor to start things off properly! Gotta see if I can make something useful out of that giant yellow iguana I just poked to death.

Turns out, my starting armor - guardian armor - is intended to be incredibly overpowered, and removes any difficulty from the game right from the get-go. I have no idea why Capcom would hand out OP item like that to a beginner. It seems like a pretty big flaw in design.

Anyway, might as well get myself more appropriate beginner armor to start things off properly! Gotta see if I can make something useful out of that giant yellow iguana I just poked to death.
When they released the Iceborne expansion they added that in for people who wanted to power through the game to get to the new content. It's a bit weird that they didn't signpost that clearer though. Not knowing about it would probably ruin any feel of progression, especially in a game which is entirely based on that.

I'd recommend the Anjanath set for most of low rank, it got me through a lot of the game.

You wanna be looking at the skills the different armour sets provides. The Anjanath set gives you a bigger health bar, for one, and you'll be fighting him fairly soon and you'll be able to farm him as much as you want straight afterward.

Most of this will become a lot more relevant once you reach High Rank, and even more relevant once you're hunting the big boys.

I'd also suggest you try out all of the weapons - if one or two of them REALLY turn you off then that's fine, but it's a great boon to be able to master a wide away of weapons, as certain monsters can really punish certain playstyles - take Kushala Daora on with a powerful bow, and you can smash her, but if you're trying to use a hammer (without the absolute perfect set of skills, mind), she is gonna ruin your day.

Yeah, there's a lot to this game.

I appreciate your approach of not wanting to skip the skill curve. That will definitely pay off. I guess I can see why capcom put it in with Iceborne as the game is not cheap for all the content and fresh players will be wanna be able to get to the endgame where potentially their friends are already playing.

Keep a good stock of every item - if you intend to use bowguns, this will be quite the task in the early game.

Use INVESTIGATIONS to farm materials - you pick up investigations from one of the lovely ladies in the hub worlds. These quests drop more, basically, and you obtain them basically by picking up monster tracks and then checking in with her, so grab every God damn track you see.

Do equipment side quests, talk to anyone with an exclamation mark over their head. Some of these quests seem really boring, like gathering mushrooms or delivering an egg, but this game rarely fails to make something interesting or challenging for you, and the payoffs are often unique equipment that you are gonna REALLY want against some of the later monsters.

Make LOADOUTS. They will save you a lot of time. Every time you finish making a new armour set, a new weapon, get a new really good gem that's gonna allow you to have max stun or whatever, put it in a loadout with a name you can remember. You can also make loadouts for the item pouch, I'd recommend making at least one containing capture materials, and later you'll want specific loadouts for specific monsters.

Capture monsters wherever possible. Make sure you keep a stock of traps and tranq bombs, you can look up how to make these quite easily. Capturing gives more rewards and then allows you to fight the monster again in the special arena.

Fashion is very important in this game.

Show love to your palico, and to the chef(s).

Longsword is broken OP and very cool, but real men learn greatsword.

Sorry for the essay. I barely covered anything. Good luck out there hunter.

Oh. And watch out for Bazelgeuse.

I have gone back to playing SEGA GT (PC Version). This is one of quite a few games celebrating 20 years for 2020. Most of what I've tried to do is try to unlock some extra stuff in the game. I am someone who tends to think SEGA GT probably could have been much more in its time. An article here on GTPlanet reflected on how SEGA GT was a prominent Gran Turismo contender that didn't exactly put up much a fight against Gran Turismo. Floaty and unrealistic driving dynamics (even for a simulation-type racing game) brought down this game's appeal. On top of that, the game was made by WOW Entertainment, this game did very little to actually "wow" me. So why do I still play "SEGA GT" despite my rants? It is a good-but-not-great Gran Turismo style game for PC or available for PC. I am also playing for somewhat of inspiration to develop game assets and a possible game.

Hunt Showdown on PS4.
Love the atmosphere of the game but the controls drive me mental and I'm crap at it.
Why can't I stop playing it?

Same game/mod/start/character (CK2/A Game of Thrones/Crowned Stag/Bobby B), new save again simply because of how divergent the narrative can get quickly.

Game is up to 293 AC, so about five years out from A Game of Thrones the book.
Major storyline so far game spat out at me started with the reveal of the Jaime and Cersei affair towards the end of 284 AC. Jaime was executed, angering the ALLMIGHTY Tywin Lannister. Cersei was found guilty of adultery and sent to be a silent sister. 286 AC, Tywin would be summoned to King's Landing to answer the accusation that he was plotting to maneuver Balon Greyjoy into rebellion.

Instead, the Lion of Casterly Rock rose up, leading to a war I'm tentatively dubbing Tywin's Uprising. War would span most of 286, fairly easy victory for the loyalists and ending with Casterly Rock being taken by force for the first confirmed time in history. He was supposed to be banished to the Night's Watch but was smuggled away to Volantis for a while before appearing back in the court of his half-cousin Damon Lannister. Other than that, comparatively peaceful reign to date.

Speaking of THE REALM, everyone:
IRON THRONE:
Robert I "Bobby B" Baratheon, age 30. Married to Cersei Lannister (284 AC), married to Ryella Royce (287-present)
(No children by Cersei)
(By Ryella)
  • Steffon, current heir, 4.
  • Lyonel, 2
  • Shireen, nearly a year, betrothed to Robb Stark
Ned Stark (THENORF), Hoster Tully (Riverlands), Tyrion Lannister (Westerlands), Maron Greyjoy (Iron Islands), Alyssa Arryn (The Vale)(sole daughter of Jon Arryn/Lysa Tully), Mace the Ace (The Reach), Renly Baratheon (Stormlands), and Doran Martell (Dorne) are the Lord Paramounts at the moment.

Semi-oddball pairings seen so far:
  • Tyrion Lannister/Lysa Tully
  • Renly Baratheon/Arianne Martell
  • Brynden Tully/anyone (some chick named Roslin Hogg)
  • Alliser Thorne/the unhelpfully also named Ryella Royce (but this one's the confirmed one from the books, mine's the eldest daughter of Bronze Yohn, all but one of whom go officially unnamed in the books)

Interesting oddities owing to the game:
  • Ramsay Snow, noted greenseer.
  • R+L=J officially out of play without console command magic owing to Howland Reed's death.
  • Best girl Dacey Mormont is still alive as she should be. Second best Desmera Redwyne too.

Since ive been on a Bf4 binge lately, here is my favorite loadout. It’s really good for being an aggressive sniper in conquest.

SR338 - 3.4x, canted ironsight, suppressor and bipod

M1911 - Laser sight

Radio Beacon/C4
Smoke Grenades
Spec Ops field upgrade

Last edited:
I’m about half way through season 2 in my NASCAR Heat 4 career. I’m in the truck series atm. I’m enjoying the progression of career mode.

I’d say give it a chance if it’s on sale and you want another driving game in your library. I’m no NASCAR fan but it was totally worth it at full price to me.

I’m playing it on a G29 and it feels great. Other than a few audio glitches and frame rate drops, it has been pretty solid. This game deserves it’s own section on this site imho.

Last edited:
@MikeV27 I tried the demo of nh3 with the same wheel as yours and i loved it. Was wondering if ill get 4 instead since it's supposed to be better especially for sounds and physics.
But i do like the spotter voice alot in 3 hehe.
Uhmm well not mean i like his voice so much lol but it's immersive and well done, feels natural and real.

Last edited:
Hey me of the past, you're an idiot.

Noticed that the list of people I had die in the game at my hands is decent in terms of name power. As of 312 AC, excluding the ones Bobby B started with on his kill list:
  • Jaime Lannister (beheading)
  • Euron Greyjoy (beheading)
  • Janos Slynt (beheading)
  • Ygritte (gored by a boar)
  • Viserys Targaryen (gored by boar)
  • Colin Wyl (sawed in half)
  • Cersei Lannister (buried alive)
  • Littlefinger (buried alive)
  • Karyl Wyl (boiled alive)
  • Daenerys Targaryen (beheaded)
  • Moryssa Wyl (crushed to death)
  • "totally Rhaegar's son Aegon" (general torture)
  • Barth Caffernen (boiled alive)
  • Dickon Manwoody (heh-heh) (buried alive)
  • Alaric Wyl (bowels torn out)
  • Jon Snow (wussed out and died in my dungeons)
  • Gilbert Boggs (bowels torn out)
  • Eddison Tollett (sawed in half)

@MikeV27 I tried the demo of nh3 with the same wheel as yours and i loved it. Was wondering if ill get 4 instead since it's supposed to be better especially for sounds and physics.
But i do like the spotter voice alot in 3 hehe.
Uhmm well not mean i like his voice so much lol but it's immersive and well done, feels natural and real.

I also have NH3 and I liked that one too, but 4 definitely feels like it improved in pretty much all areas.

Back