What games are you playing now?

• Thread starter F1 fan
  • 5,822 comments
Just got the PS4 version a couple of days ago. Only played a few hours so far but it's super addicting. Looking forward to putting some time into over the weekend.

I'm on the ps4 too, controls are great on a pad.

I have to dedicate whole afternoons to it as a quick game just isn't an option as it's so addictive!

Gta San Andreas. Man I missed this game so much, now that I’m almost in San Fierro the memories just keep on coming back. So awesome.

Still on season 2 of my Nascar Heat 4 career in the truck series, but I'm now currently in the playoffs. I just finished Bristol which is an awesome little track and now I'm at Canadian Tire Motorsport Park. I'm using the clutch and shifter now which is a lot more enjoyable than the paddles for these beasts. You even need to push in the clutch in the pits to start it up, a small but nice little detail.

My career settings are 25% race distance, normal ai, no driving aids, 4x tire and fuel wear. There are a ton of more options but I kept it as realistic as possible. Each race is around 15-18 mins long. Not fan of stages but I use them for the sake realism, I turned them off for the dirt track racing though. I find normal AI to be pretty easy and slow on the straights, I'll bump up the difficulty when I make it to the Xfinity series, I wanted to keep the AI consistent so I can learn their habits.

I now know where PD got their ideas for BMB and Northern isle speedway. They remind me of Pocono and Bristol. I still highy recommend this if you're a sim racing enthusiast and love blasting around in different types of cars, it's not the most realistic but it's a good time.

Last edited:
I don't play videogames much these days. Just finished playing Final Fantasy Tactics on PS1 after not touching it for 2 years. I don't even know what's going in the story anymore, lol. And that chapter 3 boss fight with Velius was incredibly hard, had to grind for abilities for more than 5 hours just to be able to beat him. This game reminds me why I stopped playing JRPGs for almost a decade now, they are so unbalanced.

41b6c2d0-a14d-477e-9b71-0339ad03dd3d.jpg
During this month i've been playing Forza Horizon 4, an Open world and Arcade racing game. The game contains a lot of content, more than 600 cars, a large amount of races and a big open world to explore. Such a great game.

Ace Combat 7: Fits like a worn glove and feels great on the Xbox One X.
Bloodstained: I like it but does not reach SOTN heights.
2-point Hospital: I can’t put it down!
The Outer Worlds: I’m in the endgame.

Between Horizon 4 and Warzone. Saw that Train Sim World was on Games Pass as well :)

A1tVHEDs0RL._SL1500_.jpg

Favourite PS2 game to boot up every now and then.

Favourite thing to do: manipulate the home screen menu to initiate a scramble operation.

"Target is 25km, south by south east. 25000 ft. SCRAMBLE!"

Bloody Rally Show -

This is a really fun top-down, combat racer in the vein of old school classics like R.C. Pro-Am, but with some modern twists and a great soundtrack. Definitely check it out if you are into the genre at all.

Doom Eternal

Motorsport Manager - I bought this on Steam a few years ago, only did one race and then must have gotten sidetracked by something else that came out at the time. I just got back into it and put almost 30 hours in over the past week. This is a ton of fun and really fills the void of all the cancelled real world racing right now,

Some sort of heavy metal album disguised as a video game. I think it's called Doom...... Eternal? or something like that. :sly:

A bit of Destiny 2 battle pass simulator, a side order of Ni no Kuni 2, and a few demos from the PSN to go with something to do with mana.

Back to my Crowned Stag bookmark in the A Game of Thrones mod for Crusader Kings 2.

As usual, started as my main man Robert "Bobby B" Baratheon. Bookmark begins midway through 284 AC, currently up to the beginning of 308 AC
Major rebellions by Tywin Lannister and Mace Tyrell.
  • Mace the Ace would die before his was over, was cool with Willas so let him bend the knee and live.
  • Tywin wasn't cool over the fact I kinda castrated Jaime and sent him to the Wall as punishment for his part in the Cersei saga, told him to "Pls stop trying to depose me k, thnx" and he was all "No" and I tried to arrest him and he rose up. He was supposed to go to the wall too but he slipped away and was faffing around in the few vestiges of civilization that remain near Sarnor.
  • Other sole major war was "hey guys I'm totally Rhaegar's son Aegon" invading at the beginning of 300 AC. He lost and died...but really, it's safe to assume he isn't the real deal. I don't think fAegon is for realsies, personally prefer the Blackfyre descent theory but that's not what I'm going on about here.
  • Most recent storyline was the pale mare (aka dysentery) riding through the Crownlands and the Reach around 303 and 304 AC. Highest-profile victim was Queen Alyssa Royce.
  • Other was the Baratheons and Brackens going at it in a blood feud over the revelation of Bobby B fathering a child on Jonos Bracken's wife. Parties would get into a brawl at the wedding of Bobby B and Mariya Stark, but mostly just sticking to being turdbuckets to one another.

Bobby B's wives, children, and descendants:
Cersei Lannister (284-285 AC)
  • no children, imprisoned after the revelation that the child she was carrying was fathered by her own twin Jaime. She became a silent sister in service to none other than the High Septon, plotted to kill Bobby B, ran off before being caught. Currently chilling out in Yi Ti, which book readers know is edging close to the easternmost known parts of Essos.

Alyssa Royce (289-304 AC)
  1. Corwin, Lord of Stokeworth and current heir presumptive, 17, m. Janna Ambrose
    -Sharon, 1 going on 2
  2. Shireen, 16, m. {Robb Stark}
  3. Ronnal, 14, betrothed to his cousin Elyana
  4. Kyle, 10
  5. Jocelyn, 8
  6. Stannis, 6
Mariya Stark (306 AC-present)
  1. {Benyssa}, stillborn in 307 AC

----------
Baseborn children:
  1. Michael Waters, his son by Falyse Stokeworth, 10. Betrothed to Lady Paramount Eleyna Lannister
  2. Amerei Rivers, his daughter by Annara Farring, 8
  3. Byron Waters, his son by {Daenerys Targaryen}, 7
  4. Daegar Waters, his son by {Daenerys Targaryen}, 6
  5. Orys Waters, his son by {Daenerys Targaryen}, 5
Birth order goes Corwin/Shireen/Ronnal/Kyle/Michael/Amerei/Jocelyn/Byron/Daegar/Stannis/Orys/Benyssa
==========
Small Council consists of:
  • Willas Tyrell (Hand of the King)
  • Lucifer Crabb (Master of Whispers)
  • Lord Commander Jacelyn Bywater (Master-at-Arms)
  • Halmon Rykker (Master of Coin)
  • Varys (Master of Whispers, also sole character to stay on the council since game start)
  • Grand Maester Agrivane
Kingsguard consists of:
  • Lord Commander Jacelyn Bywater
  • Ser Alyn Bracken
  • Ser Gerold (lowborn who I'm arbitrarily concocting a small backstory on his promotion to the Kingsguard based off his surprising tourney performances)
  • Ser Preston Greenfield
  • Ser Lothor Woodhull
  • Ser Matthrew Clohessy
  • Ser Malcom Branfield
Lords and Lady Paramounts:
  • THENORF: Arya Stark (hilariously born the same year as book Arya. Ned would die in a trial by combat in 291 AC, Robb of cancer towards the end of 307.)
  • The Riverlands: Lewys Tully (papa Edmure got punked out by poor health in 306, grandpapa Hoster of natural causes in 303)
  • The Iron Islands: Rodrik Greyjoy (papa Balon was killed in personal combat by Thormor Ironmaker in 290.)
    Interesting succession issue possible as none of Balon's kids have kids (Rodrik is off reaving and may die still unwed, Maron will probs die unwed of gonnorhea, Asha's mostly been a non-entity, Theon died in personal combat in 296).
    As for Balon's brothers: Euron died like a year in during Balon's reaving of the Summer Isles, Victarion does have a kid who's the best shot at the Greyjoy name carrying on but might die during reaving, and I'm not entirely sure Robin knows where to put it to make babies.
  • The Vale: Pearse Arryn (papa Jon would die in 293 from wounds suffered while serving his duties as Hand of the King)
  • The Westerlands: Eleyna Lannister (papa Tyrion would die of totally natural causes in 299, Tywin's already established as banished and dead)
    Morally reminded to say that Lancel Lannister is currently heir. GODS WHAT A STUPID NAME. WHO NAMED HIM, SOME HALF-WIT WITH A STUTTER?
  • The Reach: Willas Tyrell
  • The Stormlands: Renly Baratheon. THICC as hell this timeline, hilariously followed book Renly and married Margaery Tyrell.
  • Dorne: Arianne Martell. Not entirely sure how she got the nickname 'Warmspear'.

NFS Heat with a G29. Normally I would use a controller for a game like this BUT you cannot map the gear changes how you want them so I was stuck using L1/R1.

It’s a fun game but it has it’s fair share of flaws.

Ori and the Will of the Wisps - Loved the original game, definitely a top 10 "metroidvania" game to me and the sequel is just as good.
Doom Eternal - Way better than I expected and I like the changes from Doom 2016.
Doom 64 - Came with Eternal, so why not. I've never played it before.
Dirt Rally 2.0, specifically the new Colin McRae content.

Soon to be Resident Evil 3 Remake, can't wait.

Back to my Crowned Stag bookmark in the A Game of Thrones mod for Crusader Kings 2.

As usual, started as my main man Robert "Bobby B" Baratheon. Bookmark begins midway through 284 AC, currently up to the beginning of 308 AC

lROzDXQh.jpg

Now up to the eighth month of 357 AC. Sharis Hunt, in this game's timeline, became the first woman to serve on the Kingsguard. Heck, first time I managed to get a woman to accept the position to begin with.

Anyway, Bobby B's long dead, died under suspicious circumstances in 320 AC after subduing a rebellion by the Arryns. Officially unsolved, headcanon is blaming the Brackens owing to how close I was to their lands at the time.

Kings since then:
Corwin I Baratheon (320-336 AC)
  • Mid-level king, would die in a trial by combat against Morgan Bracken. Crownlands would get shellacked by multiple diseases during his time on the throne.
Renly I Baratheon (336-338 AC)
  • Not much liked during his brief reign. Arryns rebelled again, was killed in battle by Nestor Royce.

Now we're up to:
Borys I Baratheon, commonly called "the Red". King since 338 AC, ascended at the age of five. Now 24 and already developing a fearsome reputation not just because of his ruthlessness and affinity for torture.

At a fairly young age (eeerm, gonna say he was around ten at the time), beat back distant relative Dolessa Lannister (granddaughter of Bobby B via his baseborn son Byron Waters) when she tried to make her play for the Iron Throne, brought the Tyrells into the rebellion too. His uncle Arrec Baratheon would also make a play at the throne and fail, now he's been Lord Commander of the Night's Watch for over a decade.

His marriages and children so far:
  • {Mariah Mormont}, executed for plotting to kill the king in 352 AC at the age of 19*
    -was pregnant at the time
  • Janei Lannister, 18
    -Brynden, current heir presumptive, 2. Inherited Corwin and Renly's clubfoot.
    -pregnant with their second child

-Ronnal Waters, his baseborn son by a Kingslander named Ysabel, 4

*-The fact that I was openly sleeping around may have played a factor in this. Only lovers taken so far were Ysabel and a YiTish woman named Ve. His sister Ellyn was a one-shot thing while waiting for her betrothed to come of marriageable age.

It's back to RACE 07/GTR Evolution for me. I still think this game and this series has had an amazing array of both vehicles and locations before any mods. One of this series' draws was the inclusion of courses like the Macau Guia Circuit. If you wanted a unique car experience, surely give the WTCC Extreme cars a try. I'm sure in this day and age, those cars would probably called "TCR Extreme," as I didn't know WTCC changed its name to TCR. The WTCC/TCR Extreme cars are all V8-powered, rear-wheel drive beast race cars.

On a different note, I downloaded a very popular mobile cat collection game- Neko Atsume. This game is both adorable and addicting! It really puts you in a good and relaxed mood. You basically set up your yard to attract cats. The cats then play around with your goodies and have themselves something to eat. The cats who come along will then leave and provide you some rewards which you can use to attract more cats or to purchase more expensive. All the while, you're trying to get all or most of the cats in the game including some rare ones. Very much recommend this mobile game unless you don't like cats, or if the game couldn't be installed on your device. I basically had to clear my Google Play cache on my tablet PC to ultimately play it on there.

After reading a lot of very divisive Death Stranding reviews, I bought it and after a couple of days getting used to it, I'm glad I did. It's beautifully drawn, innovative and very polished but I can see why the grind turns people off, especially in the first couple of hours. Get past that and you get on to the useful upgrade path which constantly evolves how you can play.

The perfect time killing game during this horrible lock down period.

After what feels like forever, I'm playing Mount & Blade II: Bannerlords...it's harvesting season.

Despite a few bugs here and there, it's fantastic.

Though i'd start on Yakuza Kiwami.

So far, I'm finding I'm pretty crap at the mini games, so I'll leave them till later on when I have more Yen to burn.

Must remember not to spend all my cash on Yui, when I might need it for other things :lol:

Armored Core 4: Ace Combat but giant mechs. It's very similar to previous entries, though combat has gotten a lot faster and easier to control. Part of that probably has to do with From Soft finally realizing 11 or so games into the series that the right stick should be used for camera controls... Never change Japan.

Slay the Spire:
A deck building rogue-like, and the only rogue-like besides Dead Cells that's been able to hold my interest.

Dark Souls 2 (SotFS):
Doing a run with a character based on Hilde from the Soulcalibur series. A dex build with a spear in one hand and a sword in the other, in full armour.

392 AC, new king in town.

Brynden of the House Baratheon, First of His Name, blah-blah-blahedy-blah titles, age 37. Ascended the throne at the age of five in 360 AC after Borys the Red went missing while sailing to Tarth during his royal progress. Diddling about at this point until the game fires the White Walkers and the War for the Dawn.

Married to Dacey Ryswell, age 38. Together, they've had five children after a very long delay after their wedding:
  • Borys, current heir presumptive, 12. Curious, willful, trusting. Betrothed to Leyne Bar Emmon.
  • Jocelyn, 11. Curious, fussy, conscientious. Betrothed to kinsman Arlan Baratheon, Lord Paramount of the Stormlands. (exact relation to my dude is he's the son of Brynden's first cousin Shireen)
  • Donnel, 9. Timid and playful
  • Ronnet, 7. Rowdy and inherited his great-grandfather Renly's clubfoot.
  • Glendon, 3. Also clubfooted.
Aside from those, he has a baseborn daughter by Belarra Rivers, herself the baseborn daughter of Tommen Tully, former Lord of Riverrun (but not the Riverlands. TL;DR: Two distinct groups of Tullys, the ones ruling out of Blue Fork currently are the LPs)
  • Arona Waters, 6. Stutterer and rowdy

Small Council consists of:
  • Ellard Chelsted (Hand of the King)
  • Bryen Gaunt (Master of Laws)
  • Ser Guyard of the Dragon Gate (Master-at-Arms)
  • Dowager Queen/Queen Mother Janei Lannister (Mistress of Coin)
  • Harmon Shylde (Master of Whispers)(his father Simon was the founder of House Shylde as a gift for being a good friend of Borys I Baratheon during his childhood)
  • Wallace (Grand Maester)
Kingsguard consists of:
  • Lord Commander Tommen Vypren
  • Ser Garth Algood
  • Ser Lyn Arryn
  • Ser Benfry Upcliff
  • Ser Gowen Sunglass
  • Ser Gyles Errol
  • Lady Lena (noticed her while looking for female knights, figured it was worth a shot when an opening came up)

Back