What games are you playing now?

• Thread starter F1 fan
  • 5,822 comments
rjuPQrCh.jpg

The end of the line for the Baratheon branch led by Stannis the Mannis :(

Just installed Command And Conquer Tiberian Sun and the Firestorm expansion. Feeling nostalgic.

I need to find sudden strike now, that was another great rts.

Last edited:
Still playing League of Legends as I have been for a while, because it's just a fun game for me especially when I have banger games like this one!!
League_of_Legends_4_5_2020_2_23_20_AM_2.png

The end of the line for the Baratheon branch led by Stannis the Mannis :(

429 AC now.

Morgan I Baratheon (418-428 AC) was a vengeful king, to say the least. Rode against then-Lord Paramount of the Iron Islands Dan Saltcliff, executed him as payback for killing his father Borys II Baratheon during Dan's trial by combat. Rode against the Tyrells, deposed them as Lord Paramounts in favor of the Hightowers. Rode against the Lannisters after then-LP Lancel Lannister would refuse a command to stand down his private war and the subsequent arrest attempt for treason, deposed them in favor of the Crakehalls. His brother Addison would try to do a sneaky and claim the Iron Throne during Lancel's war, imprisoned. A vigorous torture session would kill him, thus labelling Morgan a kinslayer. (Did a little console commanding to give Morgan the depressed trait to set up for roleplaying reasons, I mean Morgan was a hard and kinda terrible person but not THAT bad by Westerosi standards...)

Burdened by this, Morgan would take his life via poison. He would have two kids with a wide age gap between the two (long enough for his youngest child Leria to already be an aunt upon birth). However, there's a catch.

Enter:

XxzrZ4z.jpg

For the first time since Aegon the Conqueror, a woman would sit the Iron Throne. (Officially speaking, Rhaenyra Targaryen technically sat the throne but is not counted as a reign)

Enter Alyssa of the House Baratheon, First of Her Name, blah blah blah add in the titles. Age 18, married to Grover Tully, with who she has had one kid to date: Steffon, age 4.

468 AC. Alyssa I Baratheon died under suspicious circumstances in 451, leaving her eldest to take the throne.

Steffon I Baratheon's biggest claim to (in)fame(/y) so far would be how he handled the end of his cousin Lord Paramount Bywin Tully's rebellion.
Backstory: Bywin was issued a simple edict: Back out of your involvement in Rhaegar Massey's plot to fabricate a claim to the Iron Throne* or come to King's Landing to answer for your refusal to comply. He chose rebellion.

Rebellion wasn't too complicated, ending with the sacking of the Blue Fork, which was serving as the capital of the Trident at the time. Prisoners taken in the sacking included Bywin's two daughters, his heir Jaime, and his grandddaughters by Jaime. Of them, only Jaime would see the end of the war. In addition, the Tullys would lose their position as rulers of the Trident in favor of the Mallisters (who are my favorite notable minor house from the books).

*=Rhaegar Massey technically has as much of a claim to the Iron Throne as Robert Baratheon did.
Bobby B was the great-grandson of Aegon V Targaryen by his daughter Rhaelle, whereas he was the great-grandson of Brynden I Baratheon by his (baseborn) daughter Arona Waters.

==========

Lord/Lady Paramounts of the Realm:
  • THENORF: Arsa Stark*
  • The Riverlands: Hendry Mallister
  • The Iron Islands: Ralf Volmark
  • The Vale: Alyn Arryn**
  • The Westerlands: Hugh Crakehall
  • The Reach: Bowen Hightower
  • The Stormlands: Arlan Penrose
  • Dorne: Elinora Ladybright
*=cousin to Steffon I Baratheon via his aunt Leria.
**=was for a period technically Steffon's step-grandfather, owing to his grandmother Daeryssa Celtigar remarrying after the suicide of Morgan I Baratheon.

Fondos-Red-Dead-Redemption-2-wallpapers-12.jpg
A week ago I finished Red Dead Redemption 2, an Open World/Action-Adventure Third Person Shooter. This game is a masterpiece, it has a long 35 hour campaign, a large Open world to explore with a lot of things to do, Campaign missions, secondary missions, hunting, fishing, even while you are traveling to another town, random NPCs will ask you for help and other ones will try to kill you. It is a very complete experience.

I've recently returned to Shadow of the Tomb Raider - I 100% completed it in terms of the main game ages ago, but for some reason stopped playing after the third DLC (I bought the complete edition). Having now played through the other 4 DLC stories and tombs I have to say they added a lot to the game - really fun, nicely paced, each tomb and story had their own 'feel' to them and the final one added a lovely coda to the end of the main campaign.

Given the current circumstances, I may even New Game + this one - something I've never been inclined to do before.

In a fit of extreme boredom indoors I have downloaded every Far Cry game available on the Xbox One and I am playing all of them through.

Still also playing Dirt Rally 2.0.
Resident Evil 3 Remake came and went fast. Great game but not super long.

Just finished ICO.

Though short I really enjoyed it. Never actually played it before so I went in blind to experience it without spoilers. Found myself immersed especially in the final section of game in the silence as there’s very little music or background noise throughout its entirety.

Going to move on to Shadow of the Colossus next followed by The Last Guardian

Was playing a lot of Overwatch (I'm crap), Ride 3 (I'm crap) and Witcher 3 (just got the full DLC's).

But current lockdown game I'm swanning around the Ark: Extinction Ragnarok map with my son, just raised our first Wyverns and I love playing with him.

I am still playing mostly Modern Warfare, but I have been sprinkling in some Animal Crossing and Link's Awakening. I have also played Plague Inc recently.

I'm playing Project Cars 2 trying to learn car setup.
Jeez that game... Coming from Forza 7, having to REALLY think about braking, weight transfer, smooth turn in, mid-corner stability and steady throttle application was a novel experience.

Love it but it's tough on controller (for me)

Jeez that game... Coming from Forza 7, having to REALLY think about braking, weight transfer, smooth turn in, mid-corner stability and steady throttle application was a novel experience.

Love it but it's tough on controller (for me)

Yeah I'm pretty new to it myself, I love the feeling of the brakes & weight transfer it feels just right, currently driving the BMW M3 Grp A.

Doing laps around Brand atm, playing about with the differential settings

In a fit of extreme boredom indoors I have downloaded every Far Cry game available on the Xbox One and I am playing all of them through.

Still also playing Dirt Rally 2.0.
Resident Evil 3 Remake came and went fast. Great game but not super long.

RE3 original was my favourite in the series, i was so hyped up for this remake.

Absolutely loved it but finished it twice in 2 days and couldn't justify the £40 so reluctantly sold it to CEX for £36 quid trade in.

Fantastic game but needed the clock tower and more nemesis, would've been game for game of the year if those were included. So much potential wasted on a rushed product.

RE3 original was my favourite in the series, i was so hyped up for this remake.

Absolutely loved it but finished it twice in 2 days and couldn't justify the £40 so reluctantly sold it to CEX for £36 quid trade in.

Fantastic game but needed the clock tower and more nemesis, would've been game for game of the year if those were included. So much potential wasted on a rushed product.
I hate to agree, it felt like a rushed game. But, while it was a short game, it still was a high quality experience, which makes it even more sad that it ended in a short time. Would have easily been my favorite RE in a long time if it had more content.

I hate to agree, it felt like a rushed game. But, while it was a short game, it still was a high quality experience, which makes it even more sad that it ended in a short time. Would have easily been my favorite RE in a long time if it had more content.

It would've been my favourite too.

Massive missed opportunity, what is there is amazing, it is just so short.

Started playing re2 remake instead now

Titanfall 2. Had not played an FPS in ages. Heck even last shooter I played for a bit longer was Spec Ops: The Line. And just that last one this has me hooked. Halfthrough the story in a day...

Just finished L.A. Noire Remastered and now try to finish Bioshock collection and Uncharted Drake's collection I really not the mood to race in GT Sport like at all nowadays. The game really run its course really fast when you're not in the mood to tackle Sport mode and all the timed challenges.
I honestly need that caRPG fix from older game so bad I'm also do some usable hybrids on GT5 from time to time as well but since I'm stuck with 2.14 and DLC track didn't matched with my current US copy so no SSRX and speed test for me.

Playing too much at the moment!

Borderlands 3
Final Fantasy VII Remake
GT Sport
Sega Mega Drive Collection
Sonic Forces

Will get through everything in my library siomeday!

Back