What games are you playing now?

• Thread starter F1 fan
  • 5,822 comments
Just jumped back on Import Tuner Challenge on the 360. I’ve already finished the career mode and beaten all the wanderers some time ago so I’m spending my remaining money on different builds and trying to beat previous records.

A nice break from Driveclub, CarX and GRID on the PS4 - games I’ve mostly been playing for the last two months.

Playing "Neko Atsume" had me to try out two more cat-related Android games. I deleted both games as I mostly wanted to do some game reviews. Both of the following games were played by me for about 2-3 days:

The first game I tried out to review is Fantastic Cats. This casual game plays similarly to "Neko Atsume," but you are trying more to find out about the personalities of cats that enter your cafe rather than try to collect cats. You are actually a blogger trying to come up with a cool blog about cats in this game. But having said that, the game is paced VERY slow and that you feel you need to do some grinding early on. Your virtual blog updates at midnight. By then, you will get all the different rewards from the previous day. Good game, but could be better paced based on what I've played after one day.

The other game is Furistas Cat Cafe. Another casual game, you are in charge of a cafe that has many cats you adopt. The goal is to both keep the cats happy along with keeping your customers happy. It will keep you busy as you play! The cats may sometimes need attention. You may also need to give cats the attention they want.

Lately, I tried out a mobile game not at all related to cats, and it is called City Fighter vs. Street Gang. It's a brawler-type game with fairly simple combat. Final Fight or Streets of Rage this game is NOT. However, dealing punishment is fairly simple. My biggest problem so far is all of the ads. Seems like basically after clearing a level and getting your rewards, you are automatically thrust into an ad. Be wary of this should you play this game. If I am not allowed to mention this, I'm sorry; but you can pay a small fee to remove the ads in this free-to-play game, and it makes playing the game much less annoying.

Nioh 2.

It's my first attempt into the series, though I wish there was more enemy diversity and don't care for the loot system but overall not a bad game.

Back to tinkering with Lego Star Wars The Complete Saga again. Been doing a lot of modifications to the game lately and it will be a while before I am done. Having a pretty good time though and it's proving to be quite fulfilling. I intend to go to Lego Star Wars The Force Awakens once I am done though.

How to dumb down your game and push away your most loyal players by PUBG Corp

Went to fire up PUBG, checked subreddit before playing.

Look at upcoming patch notes:
Added bots to public matches.
We know that many players enjoy how unforgiving PUBG can be, but we’re also aware that there are many players who drop in and get sent back to lobby before they’re able to deal a single point of damage.

To help these players get familiar with the unique PUBG mechanics and features, we’re introducing bots.

...Uninstalled.

It's hard enough to find FPP games on console, now this. That's the final straw for me.

Last edited:
3D4CLGBh.jpg

Now that I can play Beam.NG in "not butt" settings, having some fun. Using the "totally not a ZZ572" engine available on the Beam.NG mod repository, created this eldritch thing called the Taxi of Death. ~2200ish HP, will try to step out at 200+ MPH on it's woefully inadequate tires.

Myself and a few friends picked up Ark on the Steam sale. I did not expect to get this enthralled. We're are playing vanilla on The Island as we are all new and looking to get the intended Ark experience. I definitely see some server config changes and mods that will really improve the game, at least for me. That said, I haven't been able to put the game down. Going on two weeks and putting in the hours I have I would have burned out on most games by now. Not this game though. Something about dinosaurs rabbit seems to click with me

Myself and a few friends picked up Ark on the Steam sale. I did not expect to get this enthralled. We're are playing vanilla on The Island as we are all new and looking to get the intended Ark experience. I definitely see some server config changes and mods that will really improve the game, at least for me. That said, I haven't been able to put the game down. Going on two weeks and putting in the hours I have I would have burned out on most games by now. Not this game though. Something about dinosaurs rabbit seems to click with me
Bring out the ole Turok Dinosaur Hunter days?

Bring out the ole Turok Dinosaur Hunter days?
It really does. I will say this though, one of the things I plan on changing when I set up my single player game is to adjust the dino numbers to more natural rates. Right now way too many dinosaurs spawn all over the place. In a pvpve survival game where dinosaurs are a resource it's all good, but I want to feel like ive actually had to hunt a dinosaur.
This game is really addicting though. Over 120 hours in just a couple of weeks play. Last night I made the mistake of hatching an Argentavis egg and it hatched triplets. Ive literally been up all night and today feeding them. That's probably another adjustment I'll be making. Needing to invest such large allotments of time was feasible yesterday if unexpected. Definitely not something I can repeat.

I'm back in Asgard's Wrath, and loving it more the further into it I go - apart from the actual adventuring, it's a truly beautiful game and the change of scale when you switch from mortal to god form and back again really enhances that. It's also the first properly long-form single player VR game I've played - I'm 36 hours in and probably just over half way through the story (though I have been taking my time!). This is a proper, AAA, Norse mythology RPG in VR, and it's bloody brilliant :)

Also, VR is a genuinely fantastic way to escape for a few hours when you're stuck in a small flat in the current situation!

Still Destiny 2. Just got Heir Apparent machine gun. It totally changes the way you play the game. Normally you are running/jumping/spinning around shooting/melee/grenading.

Now you just walk up to the enemy with the multi barrels rotating to giving you an overshield and open fire. It feels like you are in a vehicle rather than onfoot. The illusion ends if you release the aim button that spins up the barrels.

Last edited:
I'm playing through Valkyria Chronicles, which (I think) I got as a bundle with Sega's other strategy games, and never played until now.

So far, it's been pretty interesting. Each missions are fun enough to keep me glued to the game (giant tank and invincible lady fight nonwithstanding), and I like the aesthetics. Not having to babysit bunch of random bars or be chased around by arbitrary time limit like XCOM games is also a huge plus. It just focuses on individual challenges and characters instead, which is just the way I like it.

It's pretty funny how the mood of game swings back and forth between "war is hell" and "war is awesome" at the flip of a swtich, and I kinda wish game would just choose a single tone and stick with it, but I'm pleasantly surprised overall. I'm planning to try out either Valkyria Chronicles 4 (apparently 2 and 3 are only on PSP) or Gears Tactics once I'm done with this one.

Last edited:
Just bought and played through 2014’s Alien: Isolation for the first time on the Nintendo Switch because it was on sale for 30% off and had been on my list for a long time. I wanted to play it earlier as a fan of Metroid and Dead Space, so why not experience the original franchise that inspired those games in an interactive form? I just never got around to it until now.

(I played through the game on hard mode)

The gameplay was truly exhilarating for the first half of the experience. The dilapidated Sevastopol station is almost a character in itself with the creaking of bulkheads, the sparking of damaged wiring and the constantly malfunctioning machinery you’re forced to make do with. Hiding from the Alien was a terrifying experience late at night with the sound up and the lights off. Outsmarting it can either make you feel incredibly smart or like the luckiest idiot in the world. The Androids were terrifying and the paranoid survivors with guns that could kill you in one shot were nerve-wracking as well.

Honestly though, nothing in the horror game genre matches the experience of desperately trying to hack a door or cut through it far from a save point and hearing a distant, yet familiar hiss and the beep and vibration of the motion tracker being triggered in your pocket.

As far as complaints about the game go, several aspects of the story drag on and seem kind of pointless. The game could easily have been half the length (10 hours) and still have made just a large impression on me. Honestly the ending in particular could have been cut down so much and it started to get very tedious doing so many chores by the end.

Another complaint would be the aiming on the Switch’s Joy-Cons. Those controllers are just not good at all for precise headshots required for the Androids or getting into gunfights with groups of survivors. Not a complaint against the game itself, just the Switch’s controllers.

So overall I’d probably peg the game at a 7.5 or 8 out of 10. It’s a technically impressive game that sets out to capture a specific feeling of helplessness and does it excellently. However the game itself is let down slightly by a bloated runtime filled with fetch quests and broken machines that require you to find pointless alternate routes. Also this version’s aiming on the standard controllers, but that can be alleviated with a Pro Controller or motion aiming.

Last edited:
I decided to take a break from Snowrunner so I picked up Hydroneer on a whim since it was only $8. It's pretty entertaining and the dev is super involved with the community. The best way to describe it is a Minecraft with less stuff and more of a focus on engineering. You can build these wild water power contraptions to mine gold and iron out of big plots of land.

Now that we are moved and I happened upon the VR rig, might be high time to get back into racing. Just gotta find the rest of the wheel stand.

Just bought and played through 2014’s Alien: Isolation for the first time on the Nintendo Switch because it was on sale for 30% off and had been on my list for a long time. I wanted to play it earlier as a fan of Metroid and Dead Space, so why not experience the original franchise that inspired those games in an interactive form? I just never got around to it until now.

(I played through the game on hard mode)

The gameplay was truly exhilarating for the first half of the experience. The dilapidated Sevastopol station is almost a character in itself with the creaking of bulkheads, the sparking of damaged wiring and the constantly malfunctioning machinery you’re forced to make do with. Hiding from the Alien was a terrifying experience late at night with the sound up and the lights off. Outsmarting it can either make you feel incredibly smart or like the luckiest idiot in the world. The Androids were terrifying and the paranoid survivors with guns that could kill you in one shot were nerve-wracking as well.

Honestly though, nothing in the horror game genre matches the experience of desperately trying to hack a door or cut through it far from a save point and hearing a distant, yet familiar hiss and the beep and vibration of the motion tracker being triggered in your pocket.

As far as complaints about the game go, several aspects of the story drag on and seem kind of pointless. The game could easily have been half the length (10 hours) and still have made just a large impression on me. Honestly the ending in particular could have been cut down so much and it started to get very tedious doing so many chores by the end.

Another complaint would be the aiming on the Switch’s Joy-Cons. Those controllers are just not good at all for precise headshots required for the Androids or getting into gunfights with groups of survivors. Not a complaint against the game itself, just the Switch’s controllers.

So overall I’d probably peg the game at a 7.5 or 8 out of 10. It’s a technically impressive game that sets out to capture a specific feeling of helplessness and does it excellently. However the game itself is let down slightly by a bloated runtime filled with fetch quests and broken machines that require you to find pointless alternate routes. Also this version’s aiming on the standard controllers, but that can be alleviated with a Pro Controller or motion aiming.
Well said, I agree with all of this (though I played on PS4, not Switch, so I can't comment on the controls). Even though the original Alien is probably my all time favorite movie, I did not play Isolation when it first came out. I maybe waited a year or so, because I thought it was a stealth game and I am not typically into slow paced, stealth stuff. But when I finally did get around to playing it I loved it so much that I regret not supporting the game at launch.

While it is a lot of sneaking around the station and often times very little action, the tension is so well built up that I was not concerned that I didn't really have effective weapons. The sound effects, music, the visual design of the station and atmosphere is very faithful to the movie, as well. It's one of my favorite games still and I think it's a truly underrated game. Wish they made the sequel they planned, but I think that's not happening as they continued Amanda Ripley's story in comic books instead.

Ion Fury (PS4)

Man o man, this game is absolutely fantastic! It is such a joy to go through these elaborate Levels. It is so beautifully designed.

Destiny 1, World of Warships Legends, Elite Dangerous beta and Destiny 2 although stay away from the official forum for it as you need a hazmat suit before entering. Extremely toxic environment.

Ion Fury (PS4)

Man o man, this game is absolutely fantastic! It is such a joy to go through these elaborate Levels. It is so beautifully designed.
Same, just got this the other day on Xbox and I am loving it. Great style and music and very fun. I get a kick out of the many references in the game.

Very well done overall, but I have a few gripes with the control scheme and design. Weapon change method is not ideal during intense fights as it uses the d-pad up and down to select, which is tough to do quickly while moving around. They should have used the LB and RB buttons instead, which are used for jump and duck, but jump and duck are already assigned to other buttons so that's odd. Another minor complaint is that save/load does not record a timestamp so you have to memorize where you saved your game if you don't utilize the latest autosave.

Yeah switching from your magnum to your bowling bombs is pain!

The save timestamp is absolutely true. But then again, it loads superduper fast. I have to say the secrets are so incredibly intricate..... And the secret where you enter a certain Lodge was mind boggeling for me.

I have to say the secrets are so incredibly intricate..... And the secret where you enter a certain Lodge was mind boggeling for me.
For sure. I can spend quite a while searching for secret areas only to get to the end of the level and it tells me I missed 6 secrets or so. Not like the old Duke Nukem/ Doom/ Wolfenstein games where you can run against walls hitting the action button until a secret door opens. :lol:

For sure. I can spend quite a while searching for secret areas only to get to the end of the level and it tells me I missed 6 secrets or so. Not like the old Duke Nukem/ Doom/ Wolfenstein games where you can run against walls hitting the action button until a secret door opens. :lol:
At one point you’ll find a piano..... or even a dart board.....

I recently replayed Sekiro: Shadow Die Twice, going for one of the two hidden endings. I must say I liked that ending a lot better, since it gave me an another boss to fight against and it had more sense of closure than the normal ending.

Playing Sekiro is like reading a gritty Japanese comic book that tries to eat my hand every time I turn a page, but it's a good fun nonetheless.

Back