What games are you playing now?

• Thread starter F1 fan
  • 5,811 comments
I am still playing Assetto Corsa. Most of what I do is hot lapping as well as seeing my skin creations in action. My PC is not so good with AC, so any wheel-to-wheel racing by me in this game is limited. I do try to set up races of up to about six or eight drivers. I will recommend AC to any sim racing fan. I am not sure about console versions of the game, though. I'll leave that up to you.

Earth Defense Force 4.1 The Shadow of New Despair: Blasting giant bugs and spiders with increasingly more ridiculous guns. Or if you're me, leveling the entire city because there's a spider over there and I can't see where it went... Highly recommend it if you want some stupid b-movie fun.

Absolver: Decided to have a look again since they'd done a few updates, and honestly it's not worth it. While I love the idea of it, 1v1 fighter where you learn moves and use them to make your own fighting style, in practice it just fell on its face due to technical problems and a lack of players. One of the few times I think a game would have benefited from being an early access title (rather than playing like one....).

Hexcells (Plus): A hex based, minesweeper-esk, puzzle game. It was cheap, looked good, and unlike minesweeper you don't have to guess the answer. Gets a recommendation if you're into puzzle games. I just wish the ? tiles would die in a fire.

I picked up Kingdom Come: Deliverance last weekend and been playing throughout the week. It's really good despite a few bugs here and there. It's pretty much what I've wanted from an RPG for a long time. It's realistic, doesn't have dragons or magic, and the main character is pretty likable. Plus there are several ways of completing every quest which makes it so you aren't stuck with just a defined story.

Watching a few streamers play through Persona 5 has given me an itch to play some Persona, but P5 is too fresh in my mind to want to replay it... so I've started to replay Persona 4 Golden instead, since it's the Persona game that I've least recently played. Sadly not doing NG+ since I lost my old saves when I sold off my launch Vita to buy the revised model, but that's ok.

Gonna try it on Very Hard this time around, hopefully it doesn't utterly destroy me. Fortunately (or perhaps unfortunately), wussing out and lowering the difficulty mid-game isn't an option like it is in P5.

xXpXEmCh.jpg

In today's Fire Pro Wrestling World Weirdo Battle Royal, Kim Possible comes out victorious, last eliminating Wakka from Final Fantasy X.

Order of elimination:
  • Icky Vicky (from The Fairly OddParents), thrown over the top rope
  • Gabe DeGrossi (Yep, of GTPlanet Wrestling Series fame), pinfall
  • Sophia Rodrigues (one of the ~30 original characters that come with the game), victory roll
  • Hentai Hogan (Hulk Hogan, but anime), over the top rope
  • Salad Fingers, over the top rope
  • Daryl (Hiromu Takahashi's stuffed cat), over the top rope
  • Wakka, over the top rope

Match time, 28:15

I picked up Kingdom Come: Deliverance last weekend and been playing throughout the week. It's really good despite a few bugs here and there. It's pretty much what I've wanted from an RPG for a long time. It's realistic, doesn't have dragons or magic, and the main character is pretty likable. Plus there are several ways of completing every quest which makes it so you aren't stuck with just a defined story.
I've been playing Kingdom Come: Deliverance too, I'm only a couple of hours in but like you said, despite a few bugs and quirks, it's a very enjoyable game. You just have to get used to how realistic it is, a 1 on 1 fight can be game over quite easily, early on at least anyway.

One early mission involves trying to get payment from a drunk named Kunesh, I got battered by him when I asked him for the money, but then got three mates to come and beat him back. There's a lot going on in this game and different ways to appraoch things. It's far from perfect, there's a lot that could be easier to manage like the menu's within menu's within menu's, but it's very ambitious and it pays off in this game.

Just don't expect to be able to fight off several soldies at once like Skyrim or other games, you will be killed.

Last edited:
  • 7Days to Die (Console & PC)
  • Fallout-Series (Console & PC)
  • The Long Dark (Console)
  • The Hunter - Call of the Wild (Console)
(and soon i'll buy "Metal Gear Survive" & "TT Isle of Man: Ride on the Edge")

EDIT: I don't list all my Race-Games
:D

PC:
F1 2017- I still haven’t started the actual career. Been doing a bunch of classic car championships ;)

Batman: Arkham (series)

AC:embarrassed:

PS4:
Horizon:Zero Dawn

Shadow of the Colossus

Tried Kingdom Come: Deliverance on XB1 but it runs really slow with graphics like the original Xbox so went to get it on PC instead. Good game, exactly my type of RPG, realistic and hardcore.

Subnautica. Bought it by impulse on a Steam sale. Never heard of the game before and I thought I wasn't going to play it for more than a few minutes. Already put 40 hours...

Awesome game while I wait for Final Fantasy 15 to unlock.

I was hoping to try to play Gran Turismo 6 with my aging Driving Force Pro. However, since I can't find a good enough power supply for it, I went back to the good old DualShock 3. I also needed a little inspiration for skinning cars. So long story short... I briefly went back to GRID Autosport. I always thought GRID Autosport to be a game to bring ToCA veterans back to those ToCA Race Driver days for those who thought GRID was being too far out of touch of the original ToCA style games. Don't get me wrong- GRID Autosport is an excellent game. I just have not made too much progress playing it. So I started doing some Custom Cup events just to get into the flow of things. GRID Autosport also reminds me of "Ridge Racer Type 4" in the sense of being able to race for certain teams with certain liveries. I usually like racing for Team Oakley, since my favorite color is blue.

I am still skinning for and playing Assetto Corsa. I still have you all here on GTPlanet for helping me sway interest towards getting Assetto Corsa, even though I don't meet all of the main requirements to play it. I still find great enjoyment playing this game. Maybe not as fun and as accessible as rFactor 1, but still a quality game worth picking up. I am curious as to how the non-PC version of AC plays. Maybe if I had a PS4, I would have that question answered.

In my ongoing plan of getting through the massive backlog, I've revisited a few of my PS4 games to platinum them — I'm realizing, with the advent of YouTube and lets plays, I don't really need to revisit them for actual playing purposes, outside of a handful (FF7/FF8/FFX, Metal Gears). In most cases, I just wanted to witness certain story points again, and watching someone else do it is good enough these days. My time is more valuable, so I'd rather beat 'em completely and "retire" them.

Destroy All Humans was an easy one. It hasn't aged terribly well, but it was a nice jolt of nostalgia nonetheless. I beat it in a weekend, platinum and all, which I'm okay with. So many games feel like such a grind to get platinum, sort of defeating the point of games IMO. Then again, racing games and fighting games tend to be the most difficult to do it in — so it's unfortunate those are two of my favourite genres!

I've also gone back to Batman: Arkham Knight. I plat'd the original Asylum (well, on PS4 — it's still missing a handful of trophies on PS3), so I figured this would be doable. So far, so good, with only a few grindy ones left. I'm nearly done the AR challenges, and they've reminded how much I absolutely hate driving the Batmobile around. It just handles like a bar of soap.

Not helping the backlog, I've become more adamant about downloading the free monthly games on both the XB1 and PS4. I figure why not, and they might just turn me on to a new game that flew under my radar. So really, I think I've got about 20 games I haven't even started yet. :(

A short while ago I was addicted to A Hat in Time, which is one of the most enjoyable games I've played in a very long time due to not following the modern rule of "Difficulty = Fun," and instead just focuses on fun. Unfortunately though I completed it, and have to wait and see if more content comes for it.

And in the last few days I've been loving Milestone's official Supercross game (of which's full name I won't type because it's a silly title :P). The career mode is terrible because the AI can't use the 250s, but in the 450s the AI actually give me a proper run for my money (I've never been able to master Supercross, it's such a challenging form of racing). Not to mention that the track editor has soaked up more time than I'd like to admit.

Playing FFXV on PC and enjoying it, but it's funny how recent RPGs like Witcher 3 and Nier Automata have spoiled me for quests that actually have meaningful objectives and interesting stories all of their own. Going back to the "fetch 10 bear asses" style of questing is actually quite jarring, and while it's not a deal breaker I can't help wondering what the game would be like if the quests had a little more thought into them than "go here/kill stuff/fetch me thing".

I mean, what if instead of just getting stuff for Tits McGeeCindy there was tension in the relationship between her and Cid, and so you had to get her stuff that Cid won't and take her places to learn from others so that she can develop her mechanical skills and work towards him finally recognising her skill as equal to his so she can take over the shop while he retires? Nice little side plot for some interesting characters, instead of just having them as bland quest hubs.

Playing GT Sport and PES 2018, the two main games I bought a PS4 for. Also various demos. Knack 2 is pretty fun.

VXR
Pro Evo 18, now I have a PS4. After the poor efforts on Xbox One, I wasn't prepared to put up with next to no editing features. As soon as I get a working flash drive to transfer the option file, I'll be set for Master League.

View attachment 716495

Fantastic graphics, but too easy on Professional; I'm going to have to try Top Player.

While I win with 3-0 or 4-1 on Professional, on Top Player I'm lucky if I score a goal, let alone win.:dunce: They should have made a more gradual jump in difficulty.:banghead:

D3V
  • 7Days to Die (Console & PC)
  • Fallout-Series (Console & PC)
  • The Long Dark (Console)
  • The Hunter - Call of the Wild (Console)
(and soon i'll buy "Metal Gear Survive" & "TT Isle of Man: Ride on the Edge")

EDIT: I don't list all my Race-Games
:D

People buy MG Survive?? :dunce:

It was GRID Autosport I played briefly in my previous post. Now, I've played GRID 2 a bit last night. I haven't played on my PlayStation 3 a whole lot; and so, my progress in my latest GRID 2 earned me my first Trophies of 2018! Each of the three GRID games have their own kind of personality. GRID 2 was kind of ToCA meets Need for Speed. I currently am embarking on Season 3 of the WSR in that game. Definitely get the GRID games if you are a racing/driving game fan.

Not now per se, but i'm gonna hit the ground running with some Call of Duty WWII multiplayer later today. Gotta get the MG81 and MAS-38 and everything else I missed.

I've mostly been playing Final Fantasy XV recently. It's the first Final Fantasy game that I've played and I really didn't expect to enjoy it as much as I do.

I have been going back to Automobilista lately. For some reason, I have been on a big rig truck trip. So I was watching videos of some of the trucks featured in the Fórmula Truck game. Some vehicles are not licensed in AMS, so I had to look up what the proper companies should be. For example, Mannheim-Baden is supposed to be Mercedes-Benz. I got back into AMS mostly to generate interest in modding and skinning (mostly the latter). Most people these days are playing the Truck Simulator games for big trucks. I am enjoying the rather fascinating realm of racing big rig trucks on various racing circuits.

Should I be able to add a few more games to my collection as I hope to soon, I'll tell you what else I been playing lately.

Eleven years in the making (give or take), but I am now playing RACE 07. I only spent two or three hours with it, but I am plenty pleased with this title. I still find GTR2 superior among SimBin titles. I am looking to enhance the experience by finding some of the DLC for RACE 07. One last thing to note... I bought the Steam version. Yeah. This goes against previous qualms I had about digital-only games. There is a possibility I may still get a physical copy of this game if I become increasingly unsatisfied with trying to mod it.

I say "eleven years in the making" because I originally upgraded my former PC's RAM to get RACE 07. RACE 07 never happened for my former PC. So I am experiencing what I hoped to experience back in 2007 or 2008.

Beware of buying ps4 version of MX vs ATV All Out !
It runs at horrible performance :( stuttering and low framerate down to unplayable15-20fps, 30fps limit, long loading times, laggy input.
I love the mx vs atv games but this is so poor in performance, its not fun to play :/
Another wasted 50€ on psn :/ i buy pc version now.....

Back