Hustle Kings
Hawken
Dreadnought
HiQ Ace
Hitman
Dead or Alive 5: Last round
King of Fighters XIV
Knack 2

VA-11 Hall-A. Really fantastic visual novel - it helps that it has a lot of gameplay and probably rivals Danganronpa for gameplay ratio in terms of visual novels.

The soundtrack is also incredibly good. I *should* be posting this to the Great Game Soundtracks thread, but the soundtrack to VA-11 Hall-A reminds me a lot of the soundtrack that Ian Livingstone and Phonat did for GRID Autosport, for some reason.

No man's Sky.

I realised I hadn't played it since it last updated. It now has five save slots.

I've taken a break from Elite Dangerous for a while and I'm finding it funny how each thing one of them does well the other sucks at. It's comical.

In addition to my original 175 hour save I've started a new normal save to see how it compares to when the game first came out.

Incidentally I've being seeing posts online suggesting the Next update will be VR. I don't believe that for one second. The amount of pop up closing down on landing on a planet would be very unpleasant in VR.

Overall, it's a nice change of pace though.

Just dove back into Spyro Year of the Dragon last night and started a whole new save game for the first time in nearly 6 years I think. I considered going back to it recently and after seeing the trailer for the upcoming remaster, it's accelerated my decision to go back to it even sooner now.

Playing it first and then I am going to play the 1st and 2nd after. Sure I may be playing it a bit out of sequence, but Year of the Dragon is the one I grew up with and it's the one I know best whereas I have barely played the first and none of the 2nd. I am playing the 3rd first ultimately as a refresher to remind myself why I like Spyro so much and why I keep coming back to it after all these years, that way I can appreciate the previous two more since they're going to be new to me. All this in preparation for the remaster coming later this year.

Recently jumped back into MotoGP 17, and still playing PC2, F1 2017, and Star Wars Battlefront.
Also picked up Monster Energy Supercross game by Milestone, and although it's got some real graphical issues I keep playing it. :odd:

I'm currently playing through Meason's Final Fantasy III NES rebalancing hack and Gran Turismo 1 for the uptenth time. Next on my list is a revisit to Gran Turismo 3.. this time with a Steering Wheel etc set up. I'm totally and contently stuck in the retro days of gaming.

I'm playing an odd assortment lately:
  • Batman: Arkham Knight - In my ongoing 2018 plan of "finish your current games already before you buy new ones, damnit Kyle", I went back to this to finally finish it off. I had done so a few months back, but stopped short of the final two trophies because it required another playthrough. Turns out I shouldn't have worried; when you stick to just the main story, you can wrap it up in two nights! This marks my eighth PSN platinum.
  • Gran Turismo 5 - Yep. I went back to collect some trophies here too; I had made much more progress on my GTP_SlipZtrEm account years ago, but I've since moved over to my general gaming one since I play so many other things on the Sony platforms. I grabbed a good few trophies on the first day back, but it's now the start of the grind, especially without online. It's been fascinating to see how much the series has evolved — GT5 has not aged well, and I say that as someone that always found it a little clunky anyway. The button lag is a nightmare.
  • Gran Turismo Sport - I mean, it never really leaves the rotation, but I've been making more of an effort with it lately. Still have too many painting plans and not enough time...
  • Forza Motorsport 7 - Same story, almost exactly.
  • Sea of Thieves - Still trying to get into this. I love the concept, but I find myself only able to play for a little before I get the itch to do something else.

*Rule Britannia intensifies*

2MfKG0w.jpg

Guess the reason I chose the date of May 24th 1337 to take this picture.

Bit of COD modern warfare remastered with a side order of infinity. Not keen on the latter but the memories MW bring back are great.

Times have changed though. Back in the day I can remember googling pad setting for COD so I'd feel at home in Destiny.

Now I play COD and ask myself why not just play Destiny? It is better.

Anyone else playing Battletech? I've been looking forward to it for months and I'm relieved it runs as well as it does on this computer. I've even rearranged my gaming console space a bit to temporarily incorporate the laptop with a USB mouse and keyboard on the big screen. :)

I've been a fan of the universe since being introduced to it by Mechwarrior 2: 31st Century Combat 20 years ago, and have known about the tabletop game since not long after that, but it feels a little strange to be so greatly enjoying a strategy/SRPG game when I've never been big on traditional strategy games, SRPGs, or RTSes. I suppose it's the blend of RTS-like action with turn-based pacing, because I want to have input on combat but I'm too slow playing an RTS game.

I'm impressed by how well they've adapted Battletech to a videogame, and by the depth and writing in the campaign mode, which has more roleplaying and meat to it than I expected. Though it's not too surprising with one of the creators of the tabletop game on board. I just hope this is the beginning of a resurgence for the brand and can help secure a future for Battletech/Mechwarrior games. It's easily the best thing to come along since MW2. 👍

I'm impressed by how well they've adapted Battletech to a videogame
Its cooperation of Harebrained Schemes, those who made another masterpiece reincarnation of classic tabletop from FASA - Shadowrun:HongKong, Piranha bytes(Mechwarrior Online) and one of the original creators of Battletech Jordan Weisman.

I bought a used copy of blur and added it to my PlayStation 3 collection. This was the game that sort of merged Burnout with Mario Kart. My first response is... why didn't I get this 2010 game sooner? I knew this game was going to be like Need for Speed meets Mario Kart, and I was right! This game doesn't try to be all hard (as in dead serious) and all macho. Instead, this is about real cars with really intense racing. It is car combat that is just crazy. Wicked cool game! Again- why didn't I get this game any sooner?

Recently started playing GTA San Andreas on PS4 and have been making some good progress. Only a day in and I’ve already got to the first set of CRASH missions.

I’ve also recently cleaned my PS2 meaning my old games now work on it again and so I have been slowly going through GT3, GT4 and NFS.

Moved from Batman: Arkham Knight to the PS4 remaster of Batman: Arkham City last week. Snapped up the platinum yesterday, so I've got it for all three on PS4. Considering how frustrating the Riddler's Revenge portion is, I doubt I'll bother with any of the DLC trophies. I'm tempted to go back to the PS3 versions of City and Asylum for some easy platinums (since I know I can do it), but yeah, having to redo that portion alone is enough to keep me away from it, at least for now. With Knight finished, and no plans to get any DLC for that either, I've lent/given it to Sam's little brother. I guess it depends on how much he enjoys it.

My sister came in for a visit this week and wanted to play some PS3 games. After being saddened to learn I can't access Scott Pilgrim anymore (it was a shared title with my ex), we played LittleBigPlanet 2. I forgot how much fun that can be, so I might get back into it. The only issue there is my poor Bob is almost always running some endurance race in GT5. What a grindy nightmare.

Been playing alot of The Division (PC) lately. Trying to complete various commendations before the 'Shields' update comes.

Also jumped back into Rainbow Six Siege (PC), and casually playing ranked matches. Not really interested in playing seriously but still somehow managed to get up into the platinum ranks. :dunce:

Completed Far Cry 5 (PC) a few days ago, and I don't see myself back playing it until the DLC's are released. Completed all challenges and regions 100% (except a few of the "catch this and that fish" challenges).

I'll play Gran Turismo Sport (PS4Pro) from time to time, but not alot.

Forza 7 (XBoneX) also gets some love, though only casually every now and then. Still got alot to complete.

Quake Champions. So much nostalgia. But skill gap between noobs(me) and old Quake players is so brutally high, that veterans are almost invincible. These game really needs f2p version and good MMR system.

There was a racing game I downloaded years ago and tried out. When I lashed out about how bad I thought it was here on GTPlanet, I didn't even return to playing it. I now downloaded the most recent version of that game. What is "that game?" It's called... GP Bikes. I got GP Bikes (still in Beta) in looking for any motorcycle racing game my current PC can handle. I wlll have to get the full version to experience all this game has to offer as well as take in various mods for it. However, GP Bikes is VERY tough. Even racing a basic 125cc Grand Prix motorbike can be challenging. I think I had GP Bikes long ago when it was in Alpha. This game is really the only option I have as far as modern motorcycle racing games are concerned, since my PC can't handle RIDE or RIDE 2, and I don't really trust the method for which to make skins for either RIDE game.

I am still playing blur also, but I haven't touched it in a few days. I kind of went back to Minecraft (Console (PS3) Version) also.

Tomb Raider Definitive Edition
Daily doses of FM7 and/or Forza Horizon 3
Star Trek Online (PC)
Halo 3, from the Master Chief Collection
Darksiders

Carrying on from my post a few up: since Bob is running B-Spec 24H enduros for what can only be the entire week (seriously, who thought up this system?!), I've moved to LittleBigPlanet 3 for my LBP itch. I remembered it unfairly; my better half and I played through it when I first got my PS4 a few years ago, and I think her frustration (with console games in general) influenced my view. It actually does improve on a lot of the last game.

But more impressively, it's been an incredibly easy game to hunt trophies in. I have two more left besides the platinum, and I should be able to wrap them with little effort. I wish I would've grabbed it for free with PS+ last February though, since it's not a game I care about having the physical copy for.

Guess the reason I chose the date of May 24th 1337 to take this picture.

Answer was that date was the day the Hundred Year's War began in our timeline. Speaking of that save:
aC3QN8L.jpg

Finished that game. Started save April 2nd at 7:36 PM (according to Windows), finished it April 27th around 12:20 in the morning. Assuming I played anywhere from 2-4 hours a day during that span, should give an idea on how long a game of Crusader Kings 2 lasts if started from the 769 startdate that comes with the Charlemagne DLC.

While taking a breather from that, been playing Spelunky a fair bit.

Been playing a good bit of SR2 in co-op on XB1. Quite a few funny moments have unfolded already.

I don't know why I'm playing Race 07 with all the DLC's instead of Assetto Corsa with all DLC's. Maybe I'm just too old school LOL.

I haven't started it yet due to lack of time, but I got Kingdom Come Deliverance from the PSN sale this weekend. I'm intrigued by the more realistic side to this time period.

Back