What games are you playing now?

• Thread starter F1 fan
  • 5,776 comments
VXR
I took a chance on Car X Drift Racing on Xbox for £25. I now have a rad, 420hp Lada saloon! Therefore, I quite like this game :D

View attachment 968966

Liked the look of this game and by all accounts it's good fun with decent physics, Its also only £12 on steam but most people I've seen play it are using a wheel. Do you play with a controller or wheel and if so how is it?

Last edited:
Well whilst I wait for the EU release date of the PS5 I'll be back to Borderlands 3 for the next week grinding up two characters ready for transfer to the PS5.

Looking forward to playing it through again and seeing the final form characters with the new Season Pass.

Liked the look of this game and by all accounts it's good fun with decent physics, Its also only £12 on steam but most people I've seen play it are using a wheel. Do you play with a controller or wheel and if so how is it?

I only have a controller for Xbox. It's a good semi-sim and the car variety is OK with some good mods for each one. The NA Miata for example can be fitted with the fastback hardtop for example.

VXR
I only have a controller for Xbox. It's a good semi-sim and the car variety is OK with some good mods for each one. The NA Miata for example can be fitted with the fastback hardtop for example.

Sounds good, I'll be playing on controller also. I will have to give it a go then. Thanks.

Last edited:
On my quest to find a hidden gem I came across inside on the ps store for £3...

Well what a game, I have read it's a short game and I dont want it to finish! Great game, highly recommended!

COD Cold War.

I have only done a few campaign missions but it seems like a proper sequel to the BO1 campaign so far. Going to try out Zombies next. Not really interested the standard multiplayer modes like anymore, I’m a big fan of Battle Royale though.

Which leads me to my main concern. How is all this going to get integrated into Warzone? IIRC weapons from Cold War will be put into WZ along side weapons from MW, but you will not be able to put them in the same loadout.

Warzone is in a good place in terms of weapon balance atm. But the weapons in CW feel like they have quicker handling along with less recoil, so it seems like it’s all going to get thrown out of whack.

Last edited:
Playing Yakuza Like A Dragon, and it's so damn good... the turn-based JRPG mechanics fit the series like a glove.

I'm only 4 chapters deep, but it's on track to rival Yakuza 0 for best in the series... perhaps even dethrone it.

COD Cold War.

I have only done a few campaign missions but it seems like a proper sequel to the BO1 campaign so far. Going to try out Zombies next. Not really interested the standard multiplayer modes like anymore, I’m a big fan of Battle Royale though.

Which leads me to my main concern. How is all this going to get integrated into Warzone? IIRC weapons from Cold War will be put into WZ along side weapons from MW, but you will not be able to put them in the same loadout.

Warzone is in a good place in terms of weapon balance atm. But the weapons in CW feel like they have quicker handling along with less recoil, so it seems like it’s all going to get thrown out of whack.

Although both COD games as in theory 'just COD' I cant see how they can combine both into warzone, they need a new map with only Cold War load out and weapons in my opinion.

And more importantly get on top of the cheating, the amount of cheaters I see when playing cross play is unbelievable.

Playing Yakuza Like A Dragon, and it's so damn good... the turn-based JRPG mechanics fit the series like a glove.

I'm only 4 chapters deep, but it's on track to rival Yakuza 0 for best in the series... perhaps even dethrone it.
As someone who's currently playing Yakuza 0 and is considering it to be my best gaming purchase of this entire generation, i find that interesting. Though i still feel stubborn at the idea of going from beat em up gameplay to JRPG turn based one but if any of the other Yakuza titles are near as good as Zero then i will definitely play through the series as a whole.

-------
Speaking of which, i been playing various old titles from the PS2 and PS3. Games like The Getaway, Tokyo Xtreme Racer 3, WWE SVR 06 and GT5.

Last edited:
I'm currently playing Persona 5. I was interested in the game, but it was conveniently there on PS+ (PS5) so it expedited the process.

Last edited:
I’ve been playing Cloudpunk for the last week on the PS4 and just finished it up. Really enjoyed it and in my opinion, an excellent indie title. Beautiful voxel art style combined with a fantastic atmosphere much thanks to the awesome soundtrack.

Next up is Baja Edge of Control HD (PS4), when it arrives sometime next week. Opted for this instead of DiRT5 (which I doubt I’ll even buy during the inevitable christmas sale at this point). $13 dollars poorer but should be more than enough to provide me with more value than D5.

Spent much more time with cod cold war. My 2c.

Campaign:

They put a good effort into this and I applaud their ambitions. But at the end of the day it’s more of the same old COD.

Multiplayer:

Skill based matchmaking is very strong, this game seems determined to give you a 1.0 kd. Point allocations don’t really make sense in objective based game modes. In domination you will get a lot more points for camping a lane and going on a kill streak than actually playing the objectives.

The maps aren’t bad though.

Zombies:

For me, in every treyarch game the zombies mode is fun for maybe the first month or so then I just stop playing it. This is no different, but I’m sure this will be a lot of people’s favorite part of the game.

Overall: 6/10 for me in it’s current state. It’s kind of light on content and it’s running on the old engine, and it shows.

Last edited:
05jGAN4h.jpg

Current state of the northeastern portion of the (present-day) United States, 2769 AD.

Constituent realms within the Delawarean Empire:
cehptZEh.jpg

Capitals of each region:
  • Kingdom-tier:
    Alleghenia (Huntingdon)
    Appalachia (Asheville)
    Dutchland (Allentown)
    Gotham (Manhattan)
    Jersey (Trenton)
    The Old Dominion (Richmond)
  • Duchy-tier:
    Maryland (Hagerstown)
    Massachusetts (Providence)
    Nantucket (Plymouth)
    Upper Ohio (Barnesville
    Washington (kinda self-explanatory)
  • County-tier:
    Choptank (Easton)
    Pocomoke (Crisfield)

My ruler to date is Field Marshal Valerie Derren, age 49. First leader of the Delawarean Empire, held the title since it's inception on March 4th of 2728. She was never intended to lead, being the second and last child of her mother Elizabeth. However, her elder sister and original heir Melanie would be murdered on the orders of her aunt Jennifer for reasons unknown, but probably to speed up a possible inheritance. (Valerie's grandfather Joshua Derren would father three children; Liz was the first, Jennifer was second, Martha third).

Speaking of Elizabeth, after her successes in the Intervention (think Crusade-level war) on Dutchland, she could be considered the first Field Marshal of the Delwarean Empire in everything but name (met the requirements for total # of holdings in my realm and piety, just lacked the funds). However, she would be murdered roughly seven months or so after war's end (war ended in April of 2724, she'd be dead by November) at the age of just 27, right before she could hit her potential greatness.

Anyway, her children and descendants by her first husband Stanley (lowborn, court physician at the time, treated it in my headcanon as a battlefield-type quickie marriage). Second marriage to Claudius Bannister never produced children.
  1. Adam, 30, current heir presumptive, m. Rue Buford
    -{Adam}, died from a case of pneumonia in 2761 at the age of 2
    -Adrienne, 7
    -James, 1
  2. Jasper, 26, Colonel of Onondaga, m. Lynne of Cumaná
    -Alexa, 5
  3. Melanie, 24, m. {Spencer Carter}, m. Spencer's brother Leroy
    -Jamal, 1
  4. Bayley,19, m. Aquila hijo de Alvaro of Sabina (somewhere near the Meta River in present-day Colombia....yeah, a bit of a field trip. Like, in-game it's nearing the southern border of the map.)
  5. Xavier, 17, Colonel of Finger Lakes, m. Morgana Beggs

Picked up some 360 games for cheap from a secondhand store.

Forza 3 and PGR 3 and 4. I havent played Project Gotham in years but seeing these was a must buy especially at $5 each.

Such a shame the series ended with 4 but what a way to go out! Time to rack up some kudos

I've never played Bioshock, and the Collection bundle was 10$ on the Xbox Store, so I finally caved in. Everyone keeps telling me it's amazing, so I guess once it's done downloading I'll be able to tell.

Last edited:
Picked up some 360 games for cheap from a secondhand store.

Forza 3 and PGR 3 and 4. I havent played Project Gotham in years but seeing these was a must buy especially at $5 each.

Such a shame the series ended with 4 but what a way to go out! Time to rack up some kudos

If you haven't played it Forza 4 is much better than 3, imo. I found 3 a little boring, sterile but 4 was loads of fun, the handling model leans toward oversteer, (a little), which I found entertaining. And I agree PGR4 was absolutely great, quite why MS let Bizzaire slip away is beyond me.

Last edited:
I've never played Bioshock, and the Collection bundle was 10$ on the Xbox Store, so I finally caved in. Everyone keeps telling me it's amazing, so I guess once it's done downloading I'll be able to tell.
It’s pretty good, but will feel a bit dated now. It’s a spiritual successor to a System Shock 2 with a different theme and a bit more simplified. If you’ve never played 2017 Prey and do end up liking BioShock, I highly recommend picking that up whenever you see it on sale as it’s one of the best games of this kind in recent times.

Currently playing:

Project Cars 3 (mostly daily rivals and some multiplayer from time to time when there's anyone available which is rare)

Forza Horizon 4 (usual weekly grind, just to get any new cars and prizes, that's mostly it for this game)

The Crew 2 (my new go to arcade racer, very good, underrated game)

Need for Speed Hot Pursuit Remastered (from time to time, but when I start I usually end up trying to beat my friends on the leaderboards)

Dirt Rally 2.0 (progressing slowly as already completed the game on PC, now playing on Xbox)

Forza Horizon (1) (a bit of throwback to the good old times)

GTA IV (the best GTA in my opinion)

Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1 + 2
(my throwback to my childhood :D )

also WRC 9 is now downloading to my Xbox (bought on Black Friday sale, decided to get this one instead of Dirt 5 as I don't really want to end with the game that is Pcars 3 level of quality again :indiff: )

FH4: Still play this one from time to time, notably to get the new cars and keeping up with the weekly #Forzathon events.

Animal Crossing New Horizons: Still play this one from time to time as well. Heck, 700+ hours speaks for itself. My island is fully complete and I maintain it along with my villagers. Great game!

Bugsnax: Personally, this should be game of the year. Playing it on PS5! Fantastic story, lovable characters you quickly become attached to, and so much more! Although I've already platinum it, I'm doing a second playthrough! It's as addicting as catching those bugsnax!

So much Hades... definitely my game of the year. Also been spending a decent amount of time in CS:GO lately. Apparently playing Counter-Strike for twenty years just isn't enough.

Jumped back onto Hitman 2 a couple of nights ago. Probably should finish the story off but mucking around with the escalation contracts is just too much fun.

Last edited:
If you haven't played it Forza 4 is much better than 3, imo. I found 3 a little boring, sterile but 4 was loads of fun, the handling model leans toward oversteer, (a little), which I found entertaining. And I agree PGR4 was absolutely great, quite why MS let Bizzaire slip away is beyond me.

I played Forza 4 when it first came out and really enjoyed it. Big fan of Forza 3 also though it feels more arcadey in the handling then 4. FM4 has better graphics-they're pretty decent for a 360 game. The sounds of both games are spot on and going back to Forza 7 just emphasises how wrong the current audio is when a Aston DBR9 sounds like a generic V12. It looks awesome but there's just something missing-maybe the fun factor that lead me to buy a 360 again and play the older games.

MXH
Next up is Baja Edge of Control HD (PS4), when it arrives sometime next week. Opted for this instead of DiRT5 (which I doubt I’ll even buy during the inevitable christmas sale at this point). $13 dollars poorer but should be more than enough to provide me with more value than D5.
Due to sheer incompetence of our beloved state-owned postal service, the game arrived three weeks later, at last. I’m so far really liking Baja:EoC HD and can see myself spend quite some time with the game. It has been well worth the asking price. It’s a shame that I’ve overlooked this game for so long. No graphical showcase but the gameplay is great and the 60fps upgrade definitely makes up for it.

I’ve also purchased Smugglers Run 2 to revisit it and to keep me occupied during the christmas holidays - besides Baja. Will be interesting to see if it’s as good as I remember it being, nostalgia and all that.

:P

Last edited:
Been still playing with Xbox Game Pass:
Finished Outer Worlds (Great FPRPG)
Finished Untitled Goose Game (just silly fun)
Currently playing Nier Automanta - Really strange but very interesting and fun mix of hack and slash, rpg, and old school arcade ship shooter.

Also got a Nintendo Switch for the wife and I - best purchase for us in a long time, we never had a Wii U, but had a Wii.
She 100% completed Super Mario U Deluxe all stars, flags, etc.. (she loved it and is now starting the extra Luigi mode)
We both play Mario Kart online and offline super fun
I started Zelda BOTW - slow to start but cant wait to get more time on it.
Wife started Mario Odyssey - her first 3d platformer so she keeps going back to Mario Kart and Super Mario.

PS4 Pro and sim racing has been neglected have not touched it in months :lol:

Just picked up my PS5 today, imported from Japan, and I got COD: Black Ops Cold War and Spider Man: Miles Morales. There is one small problem though, with my copy of COD, since the game is in its Japanese version, I wonder how you can change the game's language from Japanese to English as I have set my PS5's system language to English.

Last edited:
Back