What incredibly minute detail do you miss from GT Sport?

  • Thread starter Thread starter MIE1992
  • 67 comments
  • 4,540 views
Being able to pick your own angle in photomode....now scapes. Being locked into a narrow view irritates me when I'm trying to find angles to show off a livery. You basically end up with all the photos being in the same place from the same angles which gets old.
 
I always loved the exaggerated backfire sounds in GT4. Sure, they're probably not realistic by today's standards, but it was oh so satisfying to clearly hear the pops and bangs as cars rattled down the gears. I also loved how cars would occasionally backfire when pulling away. Ever since then, the backfire sounds seem quite muted and not as exciting as they were in GT4.
 
Another thing I miss is how you could check what color your car was in the garage.
 
I liked how the car's stylized "title" was shown in Gran Turismo 4 (and similarly, in NFS Hot Pursuit 2010).
I was just thinking of this yesterday!! I completely agree 100%! Some of my favorites:
Copy of Untitled drawing (4).jpg
Copy of Untitled drawing (5).jpg

Copy of Untitled drawing (6).jpg
Copy of Untitled drawing (7).jpg
 
The former tuning system with buying parts and so on. Not just moving a stupid bar slider with percentage raise. PD brought up as reason for this that this generation doesnt know anything about what is inside a car, so they simplified it. Well, back then we also didnt know anything about cars, too.
 
Is that thread title a typo? We are still in gt sport.
 
The former tuning system with buying parts and so on. Not just moving a stupid bar slider with percentage raise. PD brought up as reason for this that this generation doesnt know anything about what is inside a car, so they simplified it. Well, back then we also didnt know anything about cars, too.

I agree in 100%, PD should bring back more detailed tuning, the current tuning option should be used as a quick tuning.

What i miss is the possibility of modifying the whole car in racing car, as it was in gt5 and as far as I remember in gt2, I would develop this option with the option of choosing the class to which you want to modify the car, for example i choose aston martin db11, go into race modification options and choose class or gt4 or gt3 or else for example gtlm.
 
What i miss is the possibility of modifying the whole car in racing car, as it was in gt5 and as far as I remember in gt2, I would develop this option with the option of choosing the class to which you want to modify the car, for example i choose aston martin db11, go into race modification options and choose class or gt4 or gt3 or else for example gtlm.
Agree, just exclude Gr. 3 from that (very little relation so serial production cars).
This was also in GT 1 and it was so rewarding when I finally could convert my <10,000 cr. used 1st car to a full blown race machine. :)
 
A reasonable countdown timer for lobby races

That would be very nice. Instead of entering lobby when the race starts, and exit and get the next where the race starts, there should be a timer for 90 seconds, which is viewable in the lobby list. In the first 45 secs you can join and go fast on the track, in the second 45 seconds you can't join, but if you joined before, you have 45 seconds more to go on the track.
 
Wasn't the count down in GT6 30 seconds and you could still enter in the first 20 seconds of it? :nervous:
 
The former tuning system with buying parts and so on. Not just moving a stupid bar slider with percentage raise. PD brought up as reason for this that this generation doesnt know anything about what is inside a car, so they simplified it. Well, back then we also didnt know anything about cars, too.
You hit the nail on the head GTSport "millennial Edition" Krypton78
 
Laguna Seca Blau
 
Selling prize cars for $$$$$s
More consistent grip levels from track to track, time of day
The flame poppin' exhausts (in chase cam), especially the road cars
 
Back