What instruments do you play?Music 

  • Thread starter Thread starter rjensen11
  • 32 comments
  • 1,423 views

Intruments?

  • French Horn

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Trombone

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Trumpet

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Tuba

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Baritone

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Harmonica

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Chello

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Violin

    Votes: 2 8.3%
  • Viola

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • String Bass

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Harp

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bass

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Guitar

    Votes: 15 62.5%
  • Banjo

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bagpipe

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bassoon

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Clarinet

    Votes: 2 8.3%
  • Flute

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Oboe

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Sax

    Votes: 2 8.3%
  • Keyboard

    Votes: 2 8.3%
  • Piano

    Votes: 7 29.2%
  • Drums

    Votes: 4 16.7%

  • Total voters
    24
Messages
2,732
What instruments do you guys play, and this is for things outside of school and such. Please only choose the ones that you continue to play.
 
I play the guitar.
If I thought that I could make a living at it, that is all I would do.
Unfortunately, I have two bad habits that preclude such aspriations.
1. Eating
2. Living indoors.
Remember, for the most part, a full-time musician without a girlfriend/wife, is just another homeless guy.
 
The air guitar, armpit trumpet, etc. Basically the only one's that count.:p
 
I play the piano and the guitar. I've been playing piano for about 10 years now, and I just picked up on the guitar a few years ago.
 
Originally posted by Gil

If I thought that I could make a living at it, that is all I would do.
Unfortunately, I have two bad habits that preclude such aspriations.
1. Eating
2. Living indoors.
Remember, for the most part, a full-time musician without a girlfriend/wife, is just another homeless guy.

Heh, so true. Sad, but true.
 
guitar
rockon.gif

led zeppelin acdc all that good ****
 
Ooops, say continue to late...I used to play piano outside school, then I quit.
 
Piano. But poorly. Similar to the way Josh plays air guitar - poorly.
 
i play the piano. i wonder if there are available pieces on the net that they give for free... the best things in life are free!
 
Originally posted by M5Power
Similar to the way Josh plays air guitar - poorly.


True.
 
Off to the Music forum with this, I think...
 
I play the Violin. I've been playing since i was in sixth grade and i think i sound pretty good.
 
Guitar, sax (what was your first clue?), and clarinet. I'm really offended by the gay spelling up in the poll. It's already considered a pretty gay instrument, but that spelling just puts it over the top.
 
I can play guitar and drums. I'm still working on becoming good with a guitar though. Girls like guys who can play guitar. ;)
 
Originally posted by koolsax
...I'm really offended by the gay spelling up in the poll. It's already considered a pretty gay instrument, but that spelling just puts it over the top.

Sorry man. Can we get a mod to fix that for us?
 
Piano/keyboard and saxophone.

Why are piano and keyboard two separate choices anyways?
 
Originally posted by rjensen11
Sorry man. Can we get a mod to fix that for us?

Fixed.
 
Originally posted by ScarySquirrel
Piano/keyboard and saxophone.

Why are piano and keyboard two separate choices anyways?
Piano is more like what a typical piano sounds like. Keyboard is more like synthesized effects and such.

Examples:
Piano-> Rachmaninov, Muse
Keyboard-> Rammstein, Radiohead
 
True. But if you can play one you can play the other... I guess that's what I was driving at.
 
Originally posted by ScarySquirrel
True. But if you can play one you can play the other... I guess that's what I was driving at.

Yeah, I suppose, but they're used so differently that I thought it would be best to have two options. Because not all keyboarders like to play piano, and vice-versa
 
I'm a drummer. I also enjoy playing the guitar, but my main instrument is the drums.
 
Where all my violin-playin peeps at, yo!!

I just say that because there were two votes for the violin and I just wondered who the other person was. Maybe I voted twice. Ha Ha!
 
Upright Bass / Elect. Bass Guitar / Acoustic-Elect. Guitar / Cello / Drums....
 
Wanna hear something wacked? Yesterday I ended up caddying for a Chair-Head-Master or something of the Boston Symphony! He was a little odd, but he was also pretty cool. He was one of the guests of a member at the country club I caddy at. He says he plays violin...
nopity.gif
 
Cool!

I don't know quite what you mean by "chair head master" but I think you're thinking about the person who has "first chair". If you have first chair in you're section of the orchestra then you are the best player of that instrument. So if the plays violin he'll be right up in front of the conductor when he plays. Also since most of the time players sit in pairs (sharing a stand) he'd be on the left side of the stand.

Here's something pretty "wacked". I had second chair once and we where playing in a concert at some college and my conductor got so into the music (you know, moving around a lot, jerking) that he hit the stand that he had the music on and it almost fell on me but at the last second he grabbed it. It was like 3 feet from my violin. Needless to say I lost my place but I picked it up again in a few minutes.
 
Originally posted by Raptor65
Cool!

I don't know quite what you mean by "chair head master" but I think you're thinking about the person who has "first chair". If you have first chair in you're section of the orchestra then you are the best player of that instrument. So if the plays violin he'll be right up in front of the conductor when he plays. Also since most of the time players sit in pairs (sharing a stand) he'd be on the left side of the stand.

Yeah, I'm not sure what he said for his position, but it was something like that. Chances are I just made up a new position, though...:banghead:
 
I play guitar..took lessons for about a year (that was a few years ago) and I've just been learning as I go along since then. I'm still not that great since I don't play very often, but I love it anyway. It's so awesome when you learn a new song or come up with a new riff that sounds really cool, lots of fun:D
 
Back