What is the car on the cover?

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo 1' started by Gt fein, Sep 8, 2002.

1. takumi64

takumi64

Maybe it's just a pile of cardboard boxes with the rear of a Camaro... :D

2. SpeedRaca

SpeedRaca

nah, too curvy for that. I dont think its the camaro if you look at the pics of the camaro on page 1 of this thread then look at where the roofline ends on the cd case you can see it goes out further. Look at the nsx on that car the roof slopes down alot more like the way the sheet is doing

3. The picture of the camaro that i posted on page 1 would not be the exact same kind of camaro that would be in GT1. I posted a newer modeled Camaro and the one in GT1 probably would have been like a '95 or '96. So i think its an older camaro, not the new SS

4. SpeedRaca

SpeedRaca

Ah.

Someone should write a letter to sony.

5. takumi64

takumi64

Maybe it's just a pile of cardboard boxes... Just like that Joey did in FRIENDS... :D

6. Soup

Soup

could b a fairlady z?

7. cerbera

cerbera

Now this is pretty good lol. I think it's the camaro Z-28 30th anniversary edition. Clues are the blended rear spoiler, the front covering the head-light, the radius nose of the car, and the side view mirror. It's not the camaro in comparison picture, that one is to new ( Thanks Jordan).

8. RX-7 Turbo II

RX-7 Turbo II

I'm sure it's a Daihatsu Midget Type II :lol: :lol:
    No, I think it's a Camaro... just take a GOOD look @ the curves!!
    A Camaro 4 sure!!

9. GTchampion

GTchampion

it could be a pontiac firebird:odd:

10. vette_7t9

vette_7t9

Hey, long hood, short deck, short rear, what does that tell you? Its a Vette dammit!:D OOOO YEEEEA!

11. takumi64

takumi64

Maybe it's a hidden car with no manufacturer? Something the developers have been keeping secret in the production release of GT1. Just like the lost cars in GT2

12. Kobayashi

Kobayashi

I see a bump on the hood and the outline of a head light, neither of which the NSX has. It's gotta be a Camaro, that's what I've always thought.

13. takumi64

takumi64

WHO CARES ABOUT THE CAR IN THE COVER? :)

14. NOS_Conor

NOS_Conor

It's gotta be a........monster truck. I mean look at it!:lol: :lol:

No, it's a camaro, I asked PD

15. crb

crb

No it is the famus milktruck. :eek: :eek: :eek:

16. Cobraking

Cobraking (Banned)

i think its a NSX because loko at the rear window..

17. HsV_CoUpE

HsV_CoUpE

it think its a camaro front and nsx rear...look at the wheel archers they are both completely different and look like there of different cars

and look at the side...the way it transfers to the rear where the spoiler would start... it goes from a standard sort of car with out anything special to a really sleek looking indented sort of read leading to a spoiler.... PD is just trying to trick people... hope i maked sence

18. miata13B

miata13B

It is not a camaro, from the front of the tire to the front of the bumper is not long enough. could it be the4 infamous Pitz? :lol:

19. HsV_CoUpE

HsV_CoUpE

oh yeah i see it now....the pitz is defently in there :rolleyes:

( even though the "pitz was not create then)

:eek: .... Pd had secret information from toyota in 96'

wow just amazing

20. zeno

zeno

It's the Camaro. It can not be the NSX, notice how the nose has that curve of the Camaro.

21. takumi64

takumi64

Okay, so it's a Camaro. A crappy Camaro

22. zeno

zeno

Yep. :D

23. takumi64

takumi64

A camaro that looks good but not great. Heck, I remember getting arrested so many times because of that car (Need For Speed High Stakes)

24. vette_7t9

vette_7t9

Ok lets get this straight. This is a corvette. Notice the flat back? If it's not a corvette, it's a god dang Ferrari. And everyone knows theres no ferrari in this game. So what does that mean? It's a corvette. Get it through your head! It's so fustrating you guys spend so much time on this and keep saying it's a camaro, then doubting it!:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

25. zeno

zeno

Fine. I'll stop debating over this nonesense about here. :rolleyes:

26. takumi64

takumi64

The GT1 cover would have looked better with a Mitsubishi Eclipse or a Mazda RX-7

27. Axe_Gaijin

Axe_Gaijin

It's the Maibatsu Monstrosity of course :D

28. takumi64

takumi64

Huh?

29. crb

crb

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: Never heard of it, sorry. :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

30. takumi64

takumi64

A Camaro is a Camaro... The one in the cover was confiscated by the police in Need For Speed