What is the car on the cover?

• Thread starter Gt fein
  • 206 comments
I dunno. I originally thought it was a NSX, but look how well the Camaro fits under that tarp (I used Agari's bueprints and Jordan's cover):
B00000DMAU.01.LZZZZZZZ.gif

gran_turismo1.jpg

Why couldn't the PAL version be so controversial?

sorry about the size.

[EDIT] That's too big, let me find a smaller one.

[EDIT] sorry, couldn't find one.

It just looks like a Camaro to me, bear in mind that the one in the diagram is a newer Camaro or an SS, some other model with the different lights that bulge out a little, the Camaro's in GT1 were all the older style and had a flatter bonnet.

that's a ferrari moddena..................
think about it, uptill now they have not been able to get this manufacturer into the game............

Thats nothing like a Ferrari Modena. Have you seen a Ferrari Modena?

Dude, I think its a 'mutt' car now.
I look at the front tire, its NOT a camero's tire. Placings and all, then I look at the rear and it looks like a carero's ass.
Maybe we should ask kaz himself?

Shortly after GT first came out one of the gaming magazines had an article/review about it, that included a sidebar where they talked to the ad company that did the photo shoots for the game. The car on the cover was to be a MacLaren F1, but the rights to put it in the game fell through at the last minute. So they used photoshop to alter the MacLaren and turn it into a "mutt," as someone else so eloquently put it.

The original Gran Turismo? I ask because the F1 was used on the cover of certain cases for GT2, PD were going to include the car in that game and couldn't. The car on the GT1 case lookes nothing like a McLaren F1, it looks too much like a real car to be an F1 thats been photoshopped THAT much to make it like the car in the pic. Not sayiong youre wrong, because a professional design outfit is capable of that, but with it being GT2 where the McLaren was taken out of the game and absolutley no info whatsoever on the F1 ever even looked at to appear in GT1 it makes me wonder. If you have a link or somthing to confirm that it would be great because thats interesting about the F1 almost appearing in GT1.

Originally posted by ExigeExcel
gran_turismo1.jpg

Why couldn't the PAL version be so controversial?

sorry about the size.

[EDIT] That's too big, let me find a smaller one.

[EDIT] sorry, couldn't find one.
Hey well now lets try finding out what car this tire belongs to.:lol:

It's a 30th Anniversary Edition Camaro, which is why it is under the Cover, the easiest way to tell is by lining up the Rear Wheelbase, and where the Back Window drops off...

I dun know, if you guys already determined this, but I was to lazy to read all the posts, it's not a Camaro, the side mirrors dont stick out far enough, it's to high in the back and to high in the front to be a NSX, so if you look at the front and the back it kinda curves like a R33, or a R34, the back is high enough and the side mirriors are in the same place.

Now it also is a give away from the ammounto f Skylines in the game and at the start what do we see as the main car? A Skyline and what is Kazunori Yamauchi favorite car company? Nissan, the cover wasn't changed from the Japanese version I don't think and well yea, it's either a R34 or a R33.

There was no R34 is GT1 so if it is a Skyline, its got to be an R32 as the rear wing isn't high enough to be an R33.

From the front cover, it looks more like a Viper. Being the highest-performing car stock and perhaps the most famous car in the game (though the Nismo GT-R LM would therefore be on the cover), it would make sense. It was still quite the hot commodity in 1997. The lip spoiler and the wheel design visible beneath the cover also point to the Viper; I believe 5-spoke wheels are the type that the cover does not completely obscure.

its a lantis that's had the:censored: kicked out of it because someone bought it and found out the truth.:lol::lol::lol:

Come on now....that's not necessary. Deep down we really know what it is: a Demio! :cheers: Gotta be, right?

Here are some pictures of the candidates:

gran-turismo-cover-north-america.jpg

1996_Chevrolet_Camaro_in_Venice,_California.jpg

1996-Dodge-Viper-GTS-side_hre-sm.jpg

NSX_side_StopTech.JPG

96-vette-020.jpg

These are the closest to side profiles I could find. I am beginning to doubt my opinion, now thinking of either the Camaro or the Corvette...

Last edited:
Wow, good work, Suberperkut! 👍 :) +REP

I'm still thinkin Demio.

Naw, just kidding. I'm thinking Camaro. The Viper and "vette hasn't got bulges in the right places, and the NSX seems too low.

Latest Posts

Back