What makes Gran Turismo 6 stand out the most?

Compared to the older games, the physics stand out, because I find them the most authentic of the entire franchise.
The Vision GT project is an obvious highlight, but I also find the all new Circuit La Sierra course to be a major step forward in terms of original track design.

Compared to racing games generally, I find no other game that matches the diversity of Gran Turismo. The cars, the tracks and the performance customization all combined into one seemingly endless package. There are so many ways to make the experience your own.

It's by no means the best in the series, but as with every GT game, it has a unique charm factor to it.

One thing that makes GT6 stand out to me is the ability to use it as a platform. There are many combinations of vehicles and tracks that you can mess around with in your makeshift game mode with friends.

Last edited by a moderator:
...Hard to say what makes the GT series stand out most for me, as I haven't touched its perceived rivals before, but personally, it's the memories.

From the late nights wasted in GT2's Viper/Seattle license test, to the singing-along sessions of Van Halen's Panama while pounding the North Loop Mission 34, the memories will remain with me for a very, very long time.

...Hmm, I guess that's it.

The sheer amount of machines I can just pick out and drive whenever I want to. All of my favorites are there so I'm a happy camper, I do really anticipate what they'll add in GT7.

Then there's the great selection of tracks, they even brought back some of the ones I missed the most like Mid-Field.

Vision Gran Turismo is one of my favorite things too, it's added a good amount of variety in those 22 machines released so far.

In my opinion there's alot to pick out from my favorite PS3 game, even with it's clear shortcomings it manages to stay up there in my most memorable (And hardware destroying) GT games.

Just thoughts from the GTPlanet community since I am new here so I wanted people's thoughts on what makes Gran Turismo stand out like great or amazing for example.
SuperGT championship was quite nice: a 16 cars field of all premium racing cars of the same class.
I BoP my car and used sport soft tyers though.
That's the peak in GT6 offline.

Online, well it really depends on the people you are racing with and the time you can afford to waste in order to organize things up.

Just thoughts from the GTPlanet community since I am new here so I wanted people's thoughts on what makes Gran Turismo stand out like great or amazing for example.

Also, please no flame bait or arguing.
This is probably not what you were looking for, but it is the truth.

Gran Turismo stands out because of its fan base. YES. WE MAKE GRAN TURISMO STAND OUT. (Sorry for the caps)

Honestly, you wouldn't be here making this thread if it wasn't for this amazing community. The fan base is strong!

👍👍👍:gtpflag:

Last edited:
@TheAnimeDude - What makes Gran Turismo 6 stand out the most? = Thread Of The Week!

clapping-happy-smiley-emoticon.gif

Congrats for the TOTW!

--------------------------

What Makes GT6 stand out the most?

Well...

1. The Number of Cars in the game: while some are "duplicated", GT6 offers over 1,200 Cars to drive in a game. It's probably the most car counts in a racing game and that's pretty amazing for a game on 9-10 year old console.
2. The Variety of Cars: The game features a wide variety of cars, from sports cars to Le man prototype cars to small kei cars and to Pickup tracks then there's some wagons, some hatchbacks, some muscle cars, rally, NASCAR, F1, Karts, Concept, Classic Cars and more... you might also learn and start knowing about cars you have never heard off...or maybe it might turn some casuals into car fans. Gran Turismo is one of the major reasons why i've became a car fan, along with couple more reasons...
3. Free Content: you simply wouldn't complain about something made for free to download? would you? So far there wasn't any DLC that costed money...unlike GT5. However at the same time it have microtransaction which we all hate to be included in video games. Still earning credits isn't that hard compare to say...other games with microtransaction...especially mobile games.
4. Graphics: It totally amaze me that a game made on a 9 year old console with huge difficulty at programming on it have a graphics and level of details that compare able to some of today's current gen racing games. I'm talking about a 2013 video game that have some similar graphics to the Predecessor 2010 video game...so basically a 2010 video game is insanely good, even by today's standard.
5. Vision Gran Turismo: while a lot of people didn't liked it, it still interesting for PD to co-operative with car makers to creating special concept models for players to try out and for future car making.
6. GT Academy: Have you ever heard of gamer's who turned from random teen age's who enjoys video game as a hobby to having a full time career? Gran Turismo is one of them. Imagine dreaming about becoming a racing driver one day but thinking this is impossible? GT Academy might make your dreams come true!
7. Physics: While GT6 Physics have some broken stuff, the physics is an upgrade from GT5 and offers much more realistic Physics that combines Simulation and Fun. That way makes both Hardcore and Casual players enjoy the game.
8. Community: The update allows you to create Clubs, Events, discussion with other members, upload photos and do other stuff...
9. Tracks: GT Series (since GT2) always been offering a mix between Real Life tracks, Original PD-made circuits, City courses and tracks with dirt and snow. Also in GT6, you could also drive on the MOON...however only via special events.
10. Course Maker: While we haven't heard any news of the upcoming course maker update, i could say that it's going to be amazing and much better than what GT5 had....that if GT6 CS will be ever released....time will only tell...

Has to be the amount of cars, I just love collecting them.
Me too. But this 500 car limit in the Garage is absolute 🤬. I'm at 559 cars now, so obviously I have to move a lot of them to my Stockyard. Of course, I can't drive all 559 cars even in a week, but I am going to neglect everything in the Stockyard just because it's an entire process to get the car back. There has got to be a better solution than what we currently have.

For me, in this day in age, it's mainly for thd variety of tracks and cars. If you want to drive a '60's sports car as fast as you can, you can. If you want to drive a new era muscle car, you've got it. If you want to drive a Life Step Van around the Nurburgring, it'd be a slow lap, but you can.

I guess part of it is also the heritage of the series. I remeber sitting in my living room, at 5 or 6 years old, driving a rally car on a rally track on Gran Turismo 2. I even remember driving a C5 Corvette on Midfield aswell. GT2 was most likely my first racing game of my childhood, and I've played racing games similar to it solely up until racing years.

I guess it made me relize how much of a Petrolhead I am. :lol:

I still think it's the benchmark of racing games in that it continues to push dynamic 1 to 1 time/weather, types of motorsport racing and vehicles, pit stop and endurance, high resolution and frame rate. Other racing games have yet to achieve, or just recently have all these things. GT still lacks in customisation, AI, and the sound department to the others, but if they nail those, I believe it's checkmate. However, even with their negatives, it has the FOUNDATION and POTENTIAL that exceeds the others imo. What Gran Turismo lack is polished, more so than MISSING a feature or technical aspect.

GT6 has many features that many other racers still strive to have, but the problem is it's extremely limiting in many cases. Other features either inspire others or are still unique to gran turismo.

Rally racing in dirt and snow
F1 or Indy racing
Virtual powerhouse like Redbull
Dynamic Weather and time change
B-Spec
Community
Endurance racing with pit stops
Photo Mode and travel
Kart racing and tracks

Then there are always small gran turismo perks, some new/silly/awesome :), such as:

Moon driving
Vision GT
Goodwood festival
Paint Chips even chrome and matte
Jazz and rock music
Car wash and oil change
History description of each car
GTacademy
License test
Huge tracks like Sierra and route X
Finishing music

I'd love to say used cars but they are absent here :(.

I just won 24 minutes of Spa with an FXX. Dynamic Weather and time change races are fun.
I wasn't sure how much margin I was needing to keep the lead but I had to splash and go on the last lap because I was running out of fuel, I won by 3 or 4 seconds that was close enough. Intense race.

High powered supercars in dynamic weather races against LMP's are definitely something worth a try.

Wish GT6 had more endurance races like these. :(
Yeah, but I intend to enter with different cars and see what happen. For the next days I have an Aventador in the making. :)

Another fun race is 24 min of Nurburgring the goal here is to win it without exiting the track. When the killing combo dark night + heavy rain comes, it force you to go really slow and acquaplaing is the scariest thing ever.
And I like the AI cars here, most of the times there's a nice mix of GT race cars, with very few entruders.
I had three races and I found only a '63 Corvette as "wtf are you doing here?" car. No P4's no Jags no MK IV's wich is a good thing in my book.

The community is the #1 standout for me.

I've been playing this series since day one-GT1

Years ago GTHD came online. We couldn't race each other, but we finally had people's lap times to chase. We were getting closer to real sim racing.

GT Prologue dropped. Man, it was the Wild Wild West of online racing. I learned very quickly who wanted clean racing and who did not. Made many friends that I still have to this day. We could not set up our own lobbies. Instead we all had to press go at the same time at a designated time on the clock. It worked 99% of the time and we had rooms full of clean racers. The community worked on figuring out how we all could get the best possible racing. It was the work of those folks that I benefitted from.

GT5 and 6 got better in lobby setups. Though, it could be better. Offline has never been a big deal for me. I hurry up and get the golds so I can race online with my buddies.

I belong to several sites dedicated to just this game. I lurk here. I rarely post. But I had to respond to this thread.
The community keeps me racing. The community keeps GT alive for me.

Thanks for your time gents. GO BRUINS!

Back