What manufacturer will you represent?

• Thread starter sk8er913
  • 382 comments
Chevrolet_Logo.png

Not sure how this will work.

Go into a GT6 quick match touring car race. Pick a car from your favorite manufacturer. Go ahead, PD has balanced them all out - see they all have different PP, ballast, etc. Now notice that the grid is full of one, maybe two different cars, like a GTR or SLS. That's the one you have to pick if you want to have a prayer of winning!

They're gonna have to do a lot better job of balancing things or else the manufacturers cups will always devolve into one-make series :lol:

Not sure how this will work.

Go into a GT6 quick match touring car race. Pick a car from your favorite manufacturer. Go ahead, PD has balanced them all out - see they all have different PP, ballast, etc. Now notice that the grid is full of one, maybe two different cars, like a GTR or SLS. That's the one you have to pick if you want to have a prayer of winning!

They're gonna have to do a lot better job of balancing things or else the manufacturers cups will always devolve into one-make series :lol:

The IGN article outlined how it'll work.

Everyone who selected X manufacturer will race each other, to find out who is the best. They will then go on to race the best from the other manufacturers in the finals. Pretty much like athletics, where each country holds regional final to find the best athletes and then they go on to the Olympics to face off the best of the other countries.

They will definitely still need to balance the cars once the different manufacturers do race each other though, obviously.

The IGN article outlined how it'll work.

Everyone who selected X manufacturer will race each other, to find out who is the best. They will then go on to race the best from the other manufacturers in the finals. Pretty much like athletics, where each country holds regional final to find the best athletes and then they go on to the Olympics to face off the best of the other countries.

They will definitely still need to balance the cars once the different manufacturers do race each other though, obviously.
I suppose if all of the racing goes down on the same track they will be able to adjust effectively. Have inter-make racing all week, each night adjusting the cars' balance to bring the average finishing total race times for each make closer to eachother. Then on the weekend, pit each makes fastest against one another. Sorta defeats the purpose of pitting manufacturers against eachother, but let's be honest.. all of these cars will have the same manufacturer. Polyphony.

Also, what I described would be too hands-on. They'll need a system that runs itself. They could code the game to do what I described... methinks it will just be a massacre.

Porsche. Oh wait... thanks EA
Maybe there's an RUF? :D

I suppose if all of the racing goes down on the same track they will be able to adjust effectively. Have inter-make racing all week, each night adjusting the cars' balance to bring the average finishing total race times for each make closer to eachother. Then on the weekend, pit each makes fastest against one another. Sorta defeats the purpose of pitting manufacturers against eachother, but let's be honest.. all of these cars will have the same manufacturer. Polyphony.

Also, what I described would be too hands-on. They'll need a system that runs itself. They could code the game to do what I described... methinks it will just be a massacre.

I think they might balance it with AI lap times. xD

I'm torn with the Gr.3 Mustang reveal. Seems like the a Mustang will be "that car" like how the Sting Ray had many variants. If because of GT Academy in Australia for this year, we get an Altima Supercar, I'll choose Nissan. I may also lean towards VW or Audi.

I feel like I am getting closer to making up my mind.

I really want to see how this is implemented in the game. Specifically I want to know if your region will restrict what cars you can select in Nations Cup and if what you select as manufacturer also effects what you can select in Nations Cup.

I see a lot of people complaining about the lack of cars but if you are actually going to be locked into certain cars for a season then the number of cars in the game is irrelevant as long as they have something you like.

There is no Viper that I know of so at this point I have no idea what I want to drive and will have to wait until I see the full list of cars available but I've seen some nice looking cars that have me leaning towards brands I didn't think I would.

7HO
I really want to see how this is implemented in the game. Specifically I want to know if your region will restrict what cars you can select in Nations Cup and if what you select as manufacturer also effects what you can select in Nations Cup.
I'll solve that problem for you. It doesn't restrict the car selection at all. Only restriction you have is what cup you choose. The manufacturers cup and nations cup will run side by side simultaneously.

Well, my favourite manufacturer is Lancia... which isn't in the game
My second favourite is Holden... which isn't in the game either
My third favourite manufacturer is Ferrari... which is in the game.
So Ferrari it is then!

Porsche. Oh wait... thanks EA
:sly:👍

I'm torn with the Gr.3 Mustang reveal. Seems like the a Mustang will be "that car" like how the Sting Ray had many variants. If because of GT Academy in Australia for this year, we get an Altima Supercar, I'll choose Nissan. I may also lean towards VW or Audi.

I feel like I am getting closer to making up my mind.
VW/Porsche+Audi. Sounds about right.

In AC, PCars, Forza and GT: Porsche :D
👍
Sponsored by

348s.jpg
:cheers:

We'll see.

Back