What PD really needs to tweek

• Thread starter Manly
  • 12 comments
ManlyMisfit
A greater number of maximum laps. 200 laps max? I mean really, what if I want to run a Daytona 500? It's currently not possible to do with these limited number of laps.

Seriously PD. Get it together!

And while they're at it, why not allow time-based, rather than laps-based, online and arcade races? It'd be nice to run the Nurburgring 4h online...

A greater number of maximum laps. 200 laps max? I mean really, what if I want to run a Daytona 500? It's currently not possible to do with these limited number of laps.

Not a good Idea. THen everyone would get 10,000,000 Cr in SS7 in 20 minutes.:crazy:

Let's do the math :

200 x 2.5 miles = 500 miles

Ohsnap, that's the Daytona 500!

Then you would do 200 laps...........

That alone made my day ... :lol:
:cool:

I think you should have some sort of limit on laps (to prevent it from becoming ridiculous), but I like the idea of time-based races. That would make an interesting change in strategy-races.

Not a good Idea. THen everyone would get 10,000,000 Cr in SS7 in 20 minutes.:crazy:

The best idea is to lift the 20 million cap AND 200 lap maximum. I'm not sure if my math is correct, but say it takes 8 minutes to do 200 laps (including the time it takes to get to the spot). That's 1 lap every 2.5 seconds. A race with 7+ people nets a total of 3.619 million credits (i think). That means each lap earns 18095 credits. You can do 7.5 races in an hour (1500 laps). If it were possible to do a 1-hour race, 1500 laps at 18095 per lap will net you a total of 27,142,500 credits (and that is using some pretty conservative figures relating to lap times).

Raise the lap limit to 400 for a 1000-mile race to be possible.

And setting the limit by time is also a good idea.

Thaddaeus
nice try troll :)

Don't judge me because I post from a phone. I'm Pro-Sheen. Not one of those trolls.

Also, to the guy who said to give it an option to run on time elapsed. 👍

I think you should have some sort of limit on laps (to prevent it from becoming ridiculous)

What I find ridiculous is that A-Spec has longer races than online. I'd never bother to do 24 hrs of LeMans offline, but online is a different story entirely. It could be fun then. It would still be difficult to find the time to do it, but at least it would be worth doing.

Back