What Phone Do You Have?

• Thread starter benzoboy
  • 2,513 comments
To plan ahead for my upcoming trainee draughtsman job in a shipyard next year, I've gotten myself a Galaxy S3 Mini. It'll take a little while to get used to it after having my old button phones for ages.

The wife and I picked up Note 4s lady night I like it allot I wanted the Note Edge but Samsung is not selling it in stores around me.

I need a new phone. My father's very old Nokia cell phone's battery is almost dead. I want to give him mine but then I need a new one.

My internet operator told me that in a few years, cell phones are no more available and you probably can't use them anymore and it is best to buy - now - a smartphone instead of a cell phone.

Is he correct?

Got myself the Samsung Galaxy S4 Black Edition (new) for the hilariously low price of 259€ and I'm genuinly happy with it. Even though TouchWiz isn't the smoothest UI, it runs pretty fast and stable.

The Black Edition was the only option for me, you know, GT-R and stuff.:sly:

Depends on what you want to do with your new phone. If you want to make all the "important" stuff on the go, then a proper Smartphone is the phone for you. But if you just want to do the "basic" stuff (listening to music, some texting here and there etc.) then a normal cell phone would do the job. But keep in mind that you can use Whatsapp and other free messengers on a Smartphone. There are good Smartphones with reasonable performance for a relatively low price out there (best pick would probably be a Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini or S4 Mini). 👍

Hope I could help you! :)
Yes you did.

The only app I want is Torque Pro or Dashcommand. I'm only using a phone to, well uh, phone. If I wasn't interested in the Torque Pro app, I'd not have so much difficulties deciding what to get.

Yes you did.

The only app I want is Torque Pro or Dashcommand. I'm only using a phone to, well uh, phone. If I wasn't interested in the Torque Pro app, I'd not have so much difficulties deciding what to get.

Good to hear this. :)

As I said, a S3 or S4 Mini would really do the job then. A S3 costs about 170-200€, a S4 about 210-230. And I could bet that these few more Euros are worth it, because the S4 is kind of "more up to date" than the S4, it has a slightly bigger screen too. But in the end it's your decision. ;)

Oh, and the best thing about the Samsung phones: changeable battery. So, if your battery would be done after a while, you can buy a better battery for about 10-12€.

Good to hear this. :)

As I said, a S3 or S4 Mini would really do the job then. A S3 costs about 170-200€, a S4 about 210-230. And I could bet that these few more Euros are worth it, because the S4 is kind of "more up to date" than the S4, it has a slightly bigger screen too. But in the end it's your decision. ;)

Oh, and the best thing about the Samsung phones: changeable battery. So, if your battery would be done after a while, you can buy a better battery for about 10-12€.
@kikie I would recommend the Motorola Moto G 2nd Gen instead. It doesn't have LTE or a removable battery, but it's a better phone overall than the S4 Mini. It costs less, too.

I have a Droid Maxx. Only thing wrong with it is that it doesn't seem to like the contacts section sometimes........

HTC One M7, Verizon Variant but I use Wal-Mart Family Mobile which is run by T-Mobile. Gonna finally get the lollipop update on May 2nd from Verizon hopefully.

Got a BlackBerry Z30. I've got to say, it really does perform well with only two 2 GB of RAM. The only thing I wish it had was an IR blaster... for school purposes, of course ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

I just got a yellow iphone 5c that was $150 off. There were only two colors available though, yellow or pink. I chose the lesser of two evils.

Galaxy S4 with Lollipop that just came out today from Verizon. Who has two thumbs and doesn't need a new phone anymore?
<----This guy!

Jerome

I was given a Samsung S4 couple weeks ago since she (that's not your business to know who i'm talking about) bought a Samsung Note 4.

Forgot to post this, but I got a BlackBerry Z30 about three/four weeks ago. I've got to say, it's a pretty darn good phone. Android and Amazon apps really do fill in a lot of the gaps (granted, not all of them work).Plus the Super AMOLED screen is just amazing despite the resolution. It's my first phone with an AMOLED screen and I wouldn't trade it for anything. To my surprise, it also has stereo speakers on the back which are really good on the bass.

EDIT: Just realized I posted this already. Oops, sorry. :lol:

Last edited:
Here's the phone that I bought not too long ago http://www.bestbuy.com/site/at-t-go...gray/6745002.p?id=1219238019299&skuId=6745002
After owning it for a short while, I have to say that it's a nice little phone. It's solid, quality built, and powered by Android 4.4.2. Before making the purchase I thought about getting the iPhone, but then I thought that I cannot afford to pay $50-$60 monthly so I went with this. Now I need to buy a case, add minutes, and search for rooting instructions. :)

I bought a HTC M9 couple weeks ago now. All I can say is its fantastic. Love it. The Boomsound speakers go loud. They have a Dolby Digital surround chip this time. For Music or Theatre mode when watching movies does well to louden and enhance the bass and tonal range. Everything else just works with no issues.

Currently a Samsung Galaxy Ace 2 which is getting a bit second-hand now and is therefore soon to be replaced by a Galaxy S5. The iPhone 5C is the only other real option with the contracts Virgin have available, and that's the worse phone.

Ive had my Iphone 4s for about 4 years. The otterbox case has saved me at least 100 new phones.Ive dropped it 3 stories up onto train tracks (accident- painting over grafitti for my boss) Hit the train tracks, case shattered and the phone was completely fine. I love it

Last edited:
This was my first cell.. :embarrassed::dopey:

upload_2015-5-25_17-46-50.jpeg
upload_2015-5-25_17-47-0.jpeg

Back