What Phone Do You Have?

• Thread starter benzoboy
  • 2,513 comments
@neema_t Have you tried using the headphones that come with the phone?, not using these made my brother's phone act up.

No, they're really uncomfortable so I didn't even try them. I guess I should but other headphones I've tried don't work either, it's as if there's a software bug that has disabled the phone's ability to switch to the headphones... I'll probably get it replaced.

No, they're really uncomfortable so I didn't even try them. I guess I should but other headphones I've tried don't work either, it's as if there's a software bug that has disabled the phone's ability to switch to the headphones... I'll probably get it replaced.

Oh yeah if it's within warranty, better do that. Keep us updated and good luck.

This doesn't sound like a software bug at all. Sounds to me like the jack has a bad contact in it. Probably no way to clean it without taking the phone apart.

This doesn't sound like a software bug at all. Sounds to me like the jack has a bad contact in it. Probably no way to clean it without taking the phone apart.

That's what I thought, but the thing is with the SoundAbout app my headphones work as they should (except for the intermittent connection thing, which is weird behaviour that I can't reproduce manually), also they originally completely stopped working while the phone was in my hand. I don't doubt that there is a connection issue as well but it's weird that the headphones will work if I use an app to enable them.

Nokia C3. It's a good phone I guess. I can text and call people just like any other phone.

I own another one that was given to me by the company I work for, but I don't count it as mine. It's a V45, Nextel.

Work provided a Blackberry Classic for emails and calendars, so I've switched to one of those for work cell phone now.

So I've had my OnePlus Two for 2 months now. In comparison to the One, this feels much more premium feel. It's definitely a bit faster. The downsides are that I prefer the CynogenOS over the OxygenOS and the battery life is a bit shorter. I have difficulty having it last a while day if I use it too much compared to the One.

I've had an Xperia T3 since may. Still really like it, the 5.3" screen seemed monstrous at first, but I really got accustomed to it. It does everything I need it to well, it's no tower of power, but for 200€ I can't complain, wouldn't have justified paying more for a phone though.

Bummer it didn't get the Android 5 update, maybe I shoukd play around with rooting it... :)

My old iPhone 4s is starting to show its age. The vibration stopped working and now the ringer only works half the time. The otterbox case has saved me a ton of money in phones though. Planning on using this phone until it stops.

OnePlus One. Nearly 2 years old and it still keeps up with this years flagships phones(Hello SnapDragon 810 thermal throttling) and the 3GB of RAM is still more than what half of this years phones have. Only wish the camera had OIS and API 2 for better pictures.

I have the Galaxy S4. In the coming months, I'm gonna need a new one. Since I'm extremely lazy, I figured I'd ask opinions of different newer smartphones here, instead of making a thread, and go from there.

I have the Galaxy S4. In the coming months, I'm gonna need a new one. Since I'm extremely lazy, I figured I'd ask opinions of different newer smartphones here, instead of making a thread, and go from there.
LG V10, Nexus 6P or whatever Snapdragon 820 phones coming this CES 2016

Do you want a phone with a removable battery? SD card slot? A great camera? How large do you want the device to be?These things can help narrow down your choices.

Do you want a phone with a removable battery? SD card slot? A great camera? How large do you want the device to be?These things can help narrow down your choices.

As nice as the first two are, I know most phones are straying away from that path, so those are optional. Camera isn't a priority, and size is whatever also, so long as it isn't too obnoxiously big (iPhone 6+ or 6S+ are out the window). I'm sorry to not be of help, but truth be told I just want a damn good phone and want opinions on what one would be.

As nice as the first two are, I know most phones are straying away from that path, so those are optional. Camera isn't a priority, and size is whatever also, so long as it isn't too obnoxiously big (iPhone 6+ or 6S+ are out the window). I'm sorry to not be of help, but truth be told I just want a damn good phone and want opinions on what one would be.
Maybe Galaxy S7.

That's fine, that just means that you have more options to choose from. There's the Xperia Z5 Compact/Z5/Z5 Premium*, Galaxy S6/S6 Edge/S6 Edge+*, Note 5*, LG G4*, LG V10*, Moto X Play*/Style* (Moto X Pure in the US), Nexus 6P*, Nexus 5X, HTC ONE M9/M9+, OnePlus Two*, OnePlus X and probably more.

*These either have the same sized screen or larger screen than the iPhone 6S+.

As you can see, many devices have screen sizes that are 5.5" and up, so if you want something with a smaller sized screen that narrows down your choices considerably (though it's worth noting that some devices, like the G4 for example, are actually smaller in size than the iPhone 6S+ despite having the same sized screen).

The first thing that I would do is look at the software of the phones and see which one you like the most. Most of these devices are running a 'skinned' version of Android with extra functionality (Sony Small Apps, Samsung Multi Window etc.) and different looks. Then decide on the features you want (waterproofing, large battery etc.).
Maybe Galaxy S7.
We know next to nothing about the S7.

Try looking at the BLU Vivo Air LTE. It's super thin, screen is under 5", decent specs.

Here's the product page: http://bluproducts.com/index.php/vivo-air-lte

...and here's an Unbox Therapy review:

There isn't a headphone jack on it, however, because of its limiting depth. Other than that, it looks like a pretty solid phone from my standpoint.

Last edited:
As of right now it's not anything special its just a cheap Android LG l34c.

But i like a cheap Andorid more than an Iphone. :D

I've had an LG G4 for a couple of months now and I would definitely recommend it. Its lightning quick, the screen is very good (not quite as vibrant as an S6, but not as dull as an iPhone either), and you can easily last a full day on one battery charge with low/medium usage.

The only downside is the rather average camera, but then again it is one of the highest rated on the market so maybe my standards are just a bit too high.:P

What sd card should I get gents? I know it'll be a class 10 but which one is better? would love a balance between speed and price.

I am a dumbdumb and keep dropping my S5. Still works, but up to 3 cracks on the screen. Not quite ready for this level phone yet, lasted me five months (which sadly is among the longest times yet I've kept a phone in reasonable working condition).

Only 6 months ago I upgraded from my iPhone 3GS. For me, Apple phones are just too expensive for the nothing that they offer over their competitors when being compared.

The S6 was just a bit too steep as well in price, so I bought the Huawei P8. It is Huawei's flagship, and competes with both the iPhone 6 and Samsung S6.

I paid €500 for it. At the time the iPhone 6 was €750, and the Samsung S6 was €600.

If this phone is too big for you, and you do not need a powerful mobile processor, you can opt for the Huawei P8 Lite which is half the price of the P8, and stupidly good bang for buck.

The P8 is pretty much the best looking phone on the market currently in my opinion, and so far the only complaint I have is that these large HD screens really drain the battery. But other than that, I have no complaints. It is more beautiful than its competitors, feels just as premium, and at a lesser price.

I really loved my iPhone 3GS, but the price Apple charges for its current generation of mobile devices is just beyond stupid.

Currently using the Nexus 6P (previous phone was the G3). I'm gonna give a mini-mini-review of it, just for kicks...

Display: Very, very nice. Coming from an LCD panel, an AMOLED panel beats LCD by a long shot. I'm pretty amazed that the blacks are just... totally black.
Software: Stock Android 6. Close hands with Google for timely updates. Instant XDA support (already tons of ROMs/kernels for the 6P). Not much to hate there. Doze works wonders, too.
Hardware: The 810 is v2 so it doesn't have overheating issues. After playing some games the phone gets hot, but what phone doesn't? I miss Micro SD and removable battery though..
Camera: I'm not a heavy camera user, but it delivers. Low light shots are surprisingly good, and shutter is fairly fast.
Design: The rear visor is growing on me. And the aluminum finish is a nice touch, but it's a little slippery.
Front-facing Speakers: Never side- or rear-firing speakers again. Front-facing FTW.
Fingerprint scanner: Nice touch. But honestly 90% of the time the 6P is either in my pocket or within my reach.

2nd Gen Moto X. I had a first gen which I loved for it's size and I had one of the nice wood backs, but it broke falling off my work desk. I really struggled to decide whether to get the new one due to sie but they had decent cyber Monday deals. IIRC I paid under $350 for the 32GB off contract and decided to try leather this time hoping it wouldn't be as slick and easy to drop.

dSIoqHZ.jpg

Loving it so far

Back