What Phone Do You Have?

• Thread starter benzoboy
  • 2,513 comments
I temporarily have went back to having/using an HTC One S as my LG G4 developed a camera issue where it would not focus at all on auto or manual. Sometimes, a hard reboot fixed the issue but it resurfaced after a few times so I decided to send it in to be fixed.

Sony K800i. The iPhone generation might see it as an object of scorn and derision, but it's been the only phone i've had and it's served me well. Despite accidental toilet dunkings, once being thrown from a moving vehicle and repeated drunken crushings it simply refuses to die.
Great little phone.

Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini - still the cheapest and low-end smart phone that Samsung made just to sell.

I didn't want it, but my parent's wanted some special Christmas deal, and this was in it.
It's not bad, until 2 years passes then it starts to brake apart. *cough, cheap plastic*

Sony K800i. The iPhone generation might see it as an object of scorn and derision, but it's been the only phone i've had and it's served me well. Despite accidental toilet dunkings, once being thrown from a moving vehicle and repeated drunken crushings it simply refuses to die.
Great little phone.
If you say "K800" fast enough, it sounds like "Kato" :P

I feel like I'm a strange person due to the fact that when I buy a phone, I take care of it and maintain it until it dies of "old". Most of my family and friends have had 2,3,4 phones since 4 years ago and I still have my Galaxy S2 that looks like new and works perfectly.
It is obviously old and outdated now, more than 4 y/o, but I refuse to change it as it still works well, never freezes, never has problems, and its by far the best phone I've had.

I dont understand how some people feel the need to change it every year and I dont understand people that break their phones a lot. I have to say though that the S2 is one very tough phone that is hard to damage (thanks to being very lightweight)

I feel like I'm a strange person due to the fact that when I buy a phone, I take care of it and maintain it until it dies of "old". Most of my family and friends have had 2,3,4 phones since 4 years ago and I still have my Galaxy S2 that looks like new and works perfectly.
It is obviously old and outdated now, more than 4 y/o, but I refuse to change it as it still works well, never freezes, never has problems, and its by far the best phone I've had.

I dont understand how some people feel the need to change it every year and I dont understand people that break their phones a lot. I have to say though that the S2 is one very tough phone that is hard to damage (thanks to being very lightweight)
Some people, like me, just want variety. I've gone as far as to purchase phones that I can't necessarily use with my carrier because sometimes using the same thing for years can get a bit stale. I like to experience 'what it's like to use an Android/iOS/BlackBerry/etc. phone.' I also do this so I can help others if they need such with a certain aspect of their phone, whatever it may be.

Some people, like me, just want variety. I've gone as far as to purchase phones that I can't necessarily use with my carrier because sometimes using the same thing for years can get a bit stale. I like to experience 'what it's like to use an Android/iOS/BlackBerry/etc. phone.' I also do this so I can help others if they need such with a certain aspect of their phone, whatever it may be.
We live in a world with limited resources so I think the proper attitude is not to be wasteful

We live in a world with limited resources so I think the proper attitude is not to be wasteful
Right, but I'm definitely not being wasteful. I'm not going to buy something just to throw it away. If it breaks, I'll do my best to fix it or at least figure out why it broke. These phones I buy; I use them everyday. If I buy a phone and it's not what I expected, I'm going to give it away to someone that could use it more than I would.

I have a Huawei Y600 and I'm sick of it it turns the volume down every second song with a message saying loud music my cause hearing damage. I had to download a app just so I could change the mobile phones ringtones. Its running out of storage space and won't stop reminding me about it. Sometimes it changes the ringtone when I put the sound back on and it has two volumes one for sound and other for videos meaning if you turn one down you still have to turn the other one down. I need a new mobile.

Right, but I'm definitely not being wasteful. I'm not going to buy something just to throw it away. If it breaks, I'll do my best to fix it or at least figure out why it broke. These phones I buy; I use them everyday. If I buy a phone and it's not what I expected, I'm going to give it away to someone that could use it more than I would.
Okay, but I dont think this "variety experience" is worth it. Once you try an android/ios/wp system you realise they are all mostly the same. Ones faster than the others but the same.

Okay, but I dont think this "variety experience" is worth it. Once you try an android/ios/wp system you realise they are all mostly the same. Ones faster than the others but the same.
I do think it's worth it, for me. I don't think I'll ever convince you or anyone else that it is, because everyone has different interests and priorities. And these OS's aren't the same, which is why they even exist in the first place. They all have their similarities, but they also have their specialties and unique features. Some things you can get on one OS you can't get on another, or maybe a certain OS isn't compatible with something you use everyday. Even the hardware is a huge factor to consider. What does it look like? How durable is it? Can it store all of my vacation pictures?

If all you use a smartphone for is for the network capabilities and internet access, that's great, and generally one smartphone will suffice. However, if you want to delve into the software/hardware space of mobile devices, I feel it is a must to have experience with different mediums.

I have a Huawei Y600 and I'm sick of it it turns the volume down every second song with a message saying loud music my cause hearing damage. I had to download a app just so I could change the mobile phones ringtones. Its running out of storage space and won't stop reminding me about it. Sometimes it changes the ringtone when I put the sound back on and it has two volumes one for sound and other for videos meaning if you turn one down you still have to turn the other one down. I need a new mobile.
You shouldn't need to download another app to change the ringtones, you should be able to go to to Settings -> Sound & Notification -> Phone ringtone. It really shouldn't change the ringtones by itself, either.

If you're running out of storage space, try installing SD Maid to clear out some space.

As for the different volume types, that's just an Android thing. Having the volume levels separate is good in theory, but can be annoying sometimes (for example, you might try changing the Media volume only to have the Ringtone volume change instead). I think this has been fixed in Android Marshmallow, but I can't confirm this myself as my phone is running Lollipop.

You shouldn't need to download another app to change the ringtones, you should be able to go to to Settings -> Sound & Notification -> Phone ringtone. It really shouldn't change the ringtones by itself, either.

If you're running out of storage space, try installing SD Maid to clear out some space.

As for the different volume types, that's just an Android thing. Having the volume levels separate is good in theory, but can be annoying sometimes (for example, you might try changing the Media volume only to have the Ringtone volume change instead). I think this has been fixed in Android Marshmallow, but I can't confirm this myself as my phone is running Lollipop.

It doesn't have a Sound & Notification in the settings menu it only has Audio profile and that does nothing.

Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini - still the cheapest and low-end smart phone that Samsung made just to sell.

I didn't want it, but my parent's wanted some special Christmas deal, and this was in it.
It's not bad, until 2 years passes then it starts to brake apart. *cough, cheap plastic*
It will never break unless you drop it on the floor lots of times.
I do think it's worth it, for me. I don't think I'll ever convince you or anyone else that it is, because everyone has different interests and priorities. And these OS's aren't the same, which is why they even exist in the first place. They all have their similarities, but they also have their specialties and unique features. Some things you can get on one OS you can't get on another, or maybe a certain OS isn't compatible with something you use everyday. Even the hardware is a huge factor to consider. What does it look like? How durable is it? Can it store all of my vacation pictures?

If all you use a smartphone for is for the network capabilities and internet access, that's great, and generally one smartphone will suffice. However, if you want to delve into the software/hardware space of mobile devices, I feel it is a must to have experience with different mediums.
Each to his own I suppose. You should have a decent amount of money to do that too.

I have an I phone 5s. Speaking of iPhones, I just read this article on a way to ruin your IPhone. I wouldn't recommend anyone trying this. Unless you have an boyfriend/girlfriend that cheated on you, or someone who's really mean to you.

Basically don't try this on your own IPhone, or your friends IPhone, unless you want to play a prank on your friend, but they probably won't be after this. :lol:

Plugging in this date will permanently crash your iPhone
http://via.fox2now.com/1SCy6

I have an I phone 5s. Speaking of iPhones, I just read this article on a way to ruin your IPhone. I wouldn't recommend anyone trying this. Unless you have an boyfriend/girlfriend that cheated on you, or someone who's really mean to you.

Basically don't try this on your own IPhone, or your friends IPhone, unless you want to play a prank on your friend, but they probably won't be after this. :lol:

Plugging in this date will permanently crash your iPhone
http://via.fox2now.com/1SCy6
I'm extremely skeptical of this. Yes I'm familiar with the unix epoch etc but I can't see how this could possibly have the effects described.

I'm extremely skeptical of this. Yes I'm familiar with the unix epoch etc but I can't see how this could possibly have the effects described.
I really don't know a lot about it, I just read it and figured I would share it. I'm definitely not going to try it. :lol:

I just have one question about the Samsung S2 GT-I9100T when you download a app is it stored on the Device Memory or USB Storage ? Can you change it to store the apps on USB storage ?

Device storage Total Space 1.97GB - Available 1.26GB

USB Storage Total Space 11.50GB - Available 8.95GB

SD Card Total Space 0.92GB - Available 0.92GB

I personally use the Sony Xperia Z3 Compact. Easily one of the best phones I've ever used - fluid skin of Android, powerful hardware and phenomenal battery life. I use my phone quite regularly for Skype and general phone calls, and after 3 days I'll be at 30% charge. Simply amazing.

I have a Samsung Galaxy S3. But I really like the new S7 Edge. Do you think I should keep the S3 for another year until the S8 comes out and the S7 is really cheap, or just get it now?

Can't decide!

Still love my Lumia 925 but I'll have to replace it with something soon. Just not sure what at this point...

NP
Currently using a Moto X Style and very happy with it. But... I couldn't resist and just pre-ordered a black S7 Edge. :)

I'm thinking about replacing my Moto X 2nd Gen with a Style, what was the battery life like?

Back