What Phone Do You Have?

• Thread starter benzoboy
  • 2,513 comments
So bought a OnePlus X about four months ago and must say that I'm very pleased with it so far.
The hardware performance is good and the OS support from OnePlus is also good so far.
And a big plus(pun might be intended) is the price, it's not a flagship killer but you get quite good specs for about €240, making it quite a bang for your buck in my opinion.
Just bought a used OnePlus 2 the other night, really liking it so far. Would have loved to get a OnePlus 3 but I can't afford $515 CAD + 15% sales tax so I got a OP2 for half that. It's definitely taking a bit of time to adjust to the screen size though, I'm coming from a Galaxy S4 so the phone is probably 25% bigger than what I had before.

I've used both the OP1 and 2 and I honestly don't think I'll ever be able to go back to small phones. It's a lot more comfortable reading and watching stuff. There's more battery (although a larger screen sort of negates that). They fit in my pockets so I'm happy with it. They do not fit in women jeans. My friend tried to get it in but they have tiny pockets. :lol:

The audio quality bump across the board was one of the bigger surprises when I went from a Z3 to an M9 as well.

Funnily enough my previous phone was a Z3 too. I didn't think I'd like the 10 as much as I do because aside from some questionable build quality on the Sony it was actually a very nice phone but I'm glad I went HTC instead of upgrading to the Z5. The audio quality is just a great bonus.

Googles Pixel and Pixel XL is going to be announced today.
Going for about 650$ Unlocked or about 200$ with Verizon. (Lowest GB)
While I have the nexus 5x I thought about the Pixel but now I might wait longer, or get more hours at work study.

I upgraded my old Droid Mini to a new Moto Z Play last week.

A few minor complaints, but over all very happy with it so far.

Thinking of maybe getting a Pixel (Once price decides to slip) but for 700$ total I'd just stay with my nexus 5x for now.

Thinking of maybe getting a Pixel (Once price decides to slip) but for 700$ total I'd just stay with my nexus 5x for now.

The Pixel XL 32gb starts at $769... That's the price of a iPhone 6S Plus, iPhone 7 Plus, or a Samsung S7/Note7...

The Pixel XL 32gb starts at $769... That's the price of a iPhone 6S Plus, iPhone 7 Plus, or a Samsung S7/Note7...

Yea. Since Google wants to compete with them now.
I am still thinking of the Pixel 32gb one sometime.
Maybe after school.

Really hope I'm not bumping this thread...

Just got the iPhone 7 two days ago. And wow, the upgrade from a 2013 Motorola Moto G LTE to this is as drastic as it gets.

I've got endless storage (128GB), a great front and back camera, and my god this phone is absolutely beautiful in matte black.

9/10. Only cons being somewhat lacking battery life span, and minor stuttering in animation (rarely).

I finally did the switch to a Samsung s7 and I'm liking it. My brother has always been a big Samsung fan so as soon as I got it he loaded it with a few programs like Nova launcher and some other stuff I never would have looked for but it has made it nice and simple to use.

I'm a dinosaur in terms of tech, I've got an iphone 4. Imagine my sadness when i found out a few days ago that apple was going to stop producing parts for the 4 in particular by the 31st this month.

If everything goes well I can get the pixel at best buy on Thursday.
Going from Nexus 5x to the Google Pixel
Then my mom can have the 5x after I am done with it.

Well, currently I have a number of phones I actively use on a daily basis, but the one on my plan is a BlackBerry Z30. Pretty soon, however, I'm going to be eligible for an upgrade, so I'm thinking about getting either a BlackBerry Priv, a LG V10, or an iPhone SE. The reason the iPhone is in my list of potentials is because for one, I haven't had an iOS phone ever, and two, I like the hardware design of the SE to not get a 6 or 7, despite the new hardware features in both the latter phones. I'm leaning towards the Priv mostly because of the keyboard though.

Been talking with Verizon (My carrier) and best buy.
So far best buy has said as far as they know the best buy version is the same one from "google store" and could go to "verizon" if wanted too.

So how accurate is that I don't know. If that is the case then I will be getting the pixel on Thursday (If it doesn't work) Return it Friday get the money back and order it from google store then.

I'm getting really tempted on getting a Oneplus Three... The Axon 7 would be my go-to choice, but I don't like the software skin they're using. And the capacitive buttons are too small and too close to each other.

Been talking with Verizon (My carrier) and best buy.
So far best buy has said as far as they know the best buy version is the same one from "google store" and could go to "verizon" if wanted too.

So how accurate is that I don't know. If that is the case then I will be getting the pixel on Thursday (If it doesn't work) Return it Friday get the money back and order it from google store then.

I would get it from the Google Store, though you'll probably be put on a waiting list.

I'm getting really tempted on getting a Oneplus Three... The Axon 7 would be my go-to choice, but I don't like the software skin they're using. And the capacitive buttons are too small and too close to each other.

I would get it from the Google Store, though you'll probably be put on a waiting list.

I plan on too after reading that even if bought at full they still want a 2 year contract through verizon.
While unlocked Verizon can list their IMEI on a do not activate on other network situation which one person had to fight for.
So I will get it pre-ordered today and should have it by Thanksgiving.

I bought a OnePlus 3 about two weeks ago and it is sensationally good. I should say, for a start, that it's one of the few Android devices I don't need to use Nova Launcher for, because it is basically stock Android... can't stand Sony, Samsung, and HTC's misguided attempts at improving stock Android. Anyway, I think the screen is extremely clear and vibrant, performance is exceptional (I mean, my PC had 6GB of RAM when I bought it back in 2012... crazy how stuff moves on), and the Dash Charging is sublime, at least 60% in 30 mins. It means that if you only get a chance to plug your device in for 10-20 minutes, that's enough for a substantial chunk of battery life (which is also generally very good).

Only minor quibbles are the lack of expandable storage (not such an issue since it comes with 64GB internal memory, but it would be nice), lack of waterproofing (no big issue, but again, it would be nice), and the fact that despite using a USB Type-C connector, it is only USB 2.0 rather than USB 3.0, so transferring a lot of photos or videos to a PC takes longer than you would perhaps like. A wholehearted recommendation from me. I can see me keeping this for a long time. Get the official Sandstone case too, it feels great in the hand.

I bought a OnePlus 3 about two weeks ago and it is sensationally good. I should say, for a start, that it's one of the few Android devices I don't need to use Nova Launcher for, because it is basically stock Android... can't stand Sony, Samsung, and HTC's misguided attempts at improving stock Android. Anyway, I think the screen is extremely clear and vibrant, performance is exceptional (I mean, my PC had 6GB of RAM when I bought it back in 2012... crazy how stuff moves on), and the Dash Charging is sublime, at least 60% in 30 mins. It means that if you only get a chance to plug your device in for 10-20 minutes, that's enough for a substantial chunk of battery life (which is also generally very good).

Only minor quibbles are the lack of expandable storage (not such an issue since it comes with 64GB internal memory, but it would be nice), lack of waterproofing (no big issue, but again, it would be nice), and the fact that despite using a USB Type-C connector, it is only USB 2.0 rather than USB 3.0, so transferring a lot of photos or videos to a PC takes longer than you would perhaps like. A wholehearted recommendation from me. I can see me keeping this for a long time. Get the official Sandstone case too, it feels great in the hand.

Another bit I like about the Oneplus 3 is the capacitive buttons. I don't mind on-screen navigation keys but it really bothers me that the screen real estate is wasted by that black bar.. And yeah, 64GB storage standard is nice, as well, especially at the price they're selling. The 6GB RAM is good too, because my 6P already consumes 2.5GB with just a few apps running.

What about the camera? Is it fast? and does it shoot well in low or bad lighting conditions?

Another bit I like about the Oneplus 3 is the capacitive buttons. I don't mind on-screen navigation keys but it really bothers me that the screen real estate is wasted by that black bar..

I agree, phones with capacitive buttons are a rarity these days and it's a shame many manufacturers have gone the easy route and put them on the screen which effectively makes the usable area smaller.

I agree, phones with capacitive buttons are a rarity these days and it's a shame many manufacturers have gone the easy route and put them on the screen which effectively makes the usable area smaller.

That's probably why you are seeing more Phablet size ones now, to make up for that usable area.

Anyways just ordered my Pixel. Should be here sometime next month (late) unless it goes quick.
Going though the store will also get a Daydream VR too. So that's a plus I guess?

Just need to find a case for it.

That's probably why you are seeing more Phablet size ones now, to make up for that usable area.

Anyways just ordered my Pixel. Should be here sometime next month (late) unless it goes quick.
Going though the store will also get a Daydream VR too. So that's a plus I guess?

Just need to find a case for it.

Would like to know your opinions on it once you get it and used it for a while.

The problem with the Pixel is its chin. They should have put two front facing speakers on it if they had to keep the on screen buttons.

While yes the bottom firing speaker is a downfall but unlike apple's iPhone it has a headphone jack. :lol:
Hoping that shortly into November I will get the shipping confirmed so I can then start the fun transfer of plugging everything in and transfer. (At lease I can just swap sims)

Back