What Phone Do You Have?

• Thread starter benzoboy
  • 2,513 comments
Well I figured out that my girlfriend is getting a note 7 because well she can.
I asked why, she said that it's like what she has now.
So I looked at some reviews and if she wanted something like the note 7, go with the S7 edge.
All I have seen it's a more expensive S7 edge with s-pen. Even the reviews are saying they won the S7 over Note. Gives more notice that it's not worth it.
The note 7 is more expensive than the S7!?!?!?
Mid-range phone master race 4 lyfe :sly:
Got the new LG G5, not sure if I can bring myself to switch to it though. The wide-angle camera and IR blaster are features I haven't had before on a phone. Can come in quite handy...
How's the battery? I've heard LOTS of complaints about its battery life.

Got the new LG G5, not sure if I can bring myself to switch to it though. The wide-angle camera and IR blaster are features I haven't had before on a phone. Can come in quite handy...
You forgot being able to do tactical reloads with spare batteries :lol:

Been a month now, but my white S7 Edge is finally setteling in with me as the replacement for my Note 4.

It's actually alot better than I thought, and hoped for. And with the Note 7 not coming in white color :rolleyes: i'm not interested in getting it. :lol:

Have had a gold S7 Edge for a couple of months now. Love it. Absolutely no problems with it.

I had to decide between the Huawei P9 or the S7. Ultimately went with Samsung. The P9 has an amazing dual lens camera but... that's it. The S7 is better as an all round phone. Still, the S7's camera is amazing.

Been a month now, but my white S7 Edge is finally setteling in with me as the replacement for my Note 4.

It's actually alot better than I thought, and hoped for. And with the Note 7 not coming in white color :rolleyes: i'm not interested in getting it. :lol:

Hol up, hol up, hol up, we makin noise
Hol up, hol up, we dem boyz

A white S7 Edge. Pretty rare in my instance. I haven't seen one yet. Good on ya.

Personally I don't like the Notes... they're just get bigger and bigger... almost mini tablet sized.

Hol up, hol up, hol up, we makin noise
Hol up, hol up, we dem boyz

A white S7 Edge. Pretty rare in my instance. I haven't seen one yet. Good on ya.

Personally I don't like the Notes... they're just get bigger and bigger... almost mini tablet sized.
Hahaha yeah like the last 5 or 6 phones i've had have been white... I've lost count actually... And 3 of them Note's.

But I really like the S7 Edge and probably won't be changing that out anytime soon.

I think I've finally had it with iPhones and will more than likely be switching to a Samsung in the coming months. I've always been tentative because I'm not overly tech-savvy so it's quite daunting. Like the old days when you switched from a Nokia to a Sony Ericsson and the space bar was in a different spot, that was a tough few weeks of adjusting, I'm a little scared of the Samsung. My boss just got an S7 edge but to be honest I prefer the feel of the normal s7. have any if you guys owned both so you can tell me what I'd be missing out on?

I guess to answer the threads question, currently using an insanely frustrating iPhone 4 complete with dodgy charge port and a lock button that nearly needs a hammer to press it. Did have an iPhone 6 but it met its match when I lost it down a manhole while working in a roof.

I think I've finally had it with iPhones and will more than likely be switching to a Samsung in the coming months. I've always been tentative because I'm not overly tech-savvy so it's quite daunting. Like the old days when you switched from a Nokia to a Sony Ericsson and the space bar was in a different spot, that was a tough few weeks of adjusting, I'm a little scared of the Samsung. My boss just got an S7 edge but to be honest I prefer the feel of the normal s7. have any if you guys owned both so you can tell me what I'd be missing out on?

I guess to answer the threads question, currently using an insanely frustrating iPhone 4 complete with dodgy charge port and a lock button that nearly needs a hammer to press it. Did have an iPhone 6 but it met its match when I lost it down a manhole while working in a roof.
Get the Edge if you can (and can afford the extra money). Bigger screen, more battery, alot better design like when holding it (not just looks). ;)

Also, the "apps edge" is quite useful. I use mine alot more than I thought I would.

And then there is the re-sell value. The Edge will drop less in value than the normal flat S7.

@Phoenix makes excellent points.

Here are some cons to using an Edge.

As the screen extends to the edge, you are prone to accidentally tap something or scroll or what have you as the screen touches say, the edge of your palm/thumb extension.

If you are watching a movie or YouTube video in full scree, there is a tendency to have very thin light blue/white line at the edge of the screen. But the newest update seems to have fixed that for me and my gf.

You'll be missing out on the Edge screen feature:

Screenshot_20160814-145816.png
Screenshot_20160814-145807.png
Screenshot_20160814-145746.png

And much more. Like Yahoo Sports notifications (tailored to your teams) Yahoo News notificstiond, calling someone directly, texting someone, taking a picture (panorama, selfie, etc)...

Screenshot_20160814-150928.png

Screenshot_20160814-150937.png

Screenshot_20160814-150947.png

Apart from the Edge screen, extended battery life , bigger screen, and resell value as @Phoenix pointed out, you're not missing out.

I bought my S7 Edge with the VR kit, so if you're into VR, that's an incentive, if they have that bundle in your country.

Last edited:
Apps edge is just a flashy way of opening apps in my opinion. I'd get the S7 flat (lol) any day.

Ehh... instead of filling pages on the main screen with widgets to do tasks, etc or looking for each individual app to do something, I'd rather use the edge screen.

Last edited:
To be honest I struggle to make phones last as long as the contract on them and as it's always in my pocket while I'm working or getting used as a torch while I'm on a roof (I'm an electrician), I think the flat s7 sounds like the safer option.

Standard iphone 6.

Comfortably my best ever phone and doesn't have any glaring weakness or things that annoy me to want a new one so far.

I have a Nexus 5, haha. It was a special unlock that I got off a website a while ago - and I've screwed the screen under the bottom buttons so badly that it needs electrical tape over it. But other than that - runs flawlessly and quickly. Battery life is amazing if I'm not using it excessively.

I have a Galaxy S7 Edge. I only got it to annoy my wife who is an iPhone fan and expected me to upgrade my own iPhone (she's one of those really annoying deluded fans who know nothing about tech and just follow like a sheep). If the Galaxy crashes - as phones tend to do occasionally - she's straight in with the whole "see? crap phone..." nonsense :rolleyes:
I actually love the Edge. The only negative is the fingerprint reader which is a bit temperamental.

Thought I would post this here...

The Galaxy Note 7 has been recalled for exploding batteries. Be careful guys!

Previously I always had HTC phones but it felt like it was time for a change as I found that the hardware/price ratio doesn't add up, also found the support from HTC regarding OS updates very poor.

So bought a OnePlus X about four months ago and must say that I'm very pleased with it so far.
The hardware performance is good and the OS support from OnePlus is also good so far.
And a big plus(pun might be intended) is the price, it's not a flagship killer but you get quite good specs for about €240, making it quite a bang for your buck in my opinion.

Last edited:
Back