What Phone Do You Have?

• Thread starter benzoboy
  • 2,513 comments
Microsoft seem to be planning to make phone with one already. Need some 10nm FinFET goodness, should help with gaming battery life and temperatures. It's not too long until 7nm FinFET, don't know how long it will take for the next node but I think if they don't release another PlayStation phone with gamepad, they should at least make a Vita successor with a 7nm SoC. Might get better gameplay than PS4...
If you keep waiting for the latest processors, you're never going to get a new phone. :lol:

Anyway, I'm back to using my old Xperia SP. The multitasking isn't very good but performance is great on CM13. Hopefully I'll be upgrading to a new Nexus device when they're released.

If you keep waiting for the latest processors, you're never going to get a new phone. :lol:

Anyway, I'm back to using my old Xperia SP. The multitasking isn't very good but performance is great on CM13. Hopefully I'll be upgrading to a new Nexus device when they're released.
First there needs to be a newer better smartphone with keyboard to upgrade to. ;)

The new OnePlus 3 looks like an amazing phone. My OnePlus 2 has been with me for almost a year but it's already showing problems. Most importantly, the fingerprint reader is sporadic and the battery performance has been decreasing. You can definitely tell there were compromises. I'm tempted to try my chances on getting the 3 but I feel bad for getting another new phone.

The new OnePlus 3 looks like an amazing phone. My OnePlus 2 has been with me for almost a year but it's already showing problems. Most importantly, the fingerprint reader is sporadic and the battery performance has been decreasing. You can definitely tell there were compromises. I'm tempted to try my chances on getting the 3 but I feel bad for getting another new phone.
I'm sorry to say this but most phones are designed to show problems right after their warranty ends.

I'm sorry to say this but most phones are designed to show problems right after their warranty ends.
I understand that but the original OnePlus One that I had has been working perfectly fine for about 2 years now. I've read that the 2 was made with lots of comprises (for example, no NFC).

I understand that but the original OnePlus One that I had has been working perfectly fine for about 2 years now. I've read that the 2 was made with lots of comprises (for example, no NFC).
Didn't really know that, just wanted to let you know stuff like that should be expected.

Just figured that anyone that has a phone that gets OTA updates, Can possibly upgrade to Android Nougat. (Previous known as Android N.)

Just figured that anyone that has a phone that gets OTA updates, Can possibly upgrade to Android Nougat. (Previous known as Android N.)
Android 7? And they named it Nougat? Out of all the community suggested names they chose NOUGAT!?

Faith in humanity lost.

Android 7? And they named it Nougat? Out of all the community suggested names they chose NOUGAT!?

Faith in humanity lost.

Yea, There are already rumors of possible Android O (Oreo?) Unless the community suggests it again then it's probably some weird thing like orangeslices :/

I think I had an Xperia Z3 last time I posted, now I have a Note 5. I actually prefer the Z3, much better battery and faster and less buggy UI. Only prob (not really a prob) was that the Z3 was not Amoled, and I love Amoled other than that better than the Note 5 IMO :-)

I think I had an Xperia Z3 last time I posted, now I have a Note 5. I actually prefer the Z3, much better battery and faster and less buggy UI. Only prob (not really a prob) was that the Z3 was not Amoled, and I love Amoled other than that better than the Note 5 IMO :-)
My phone has an AMOLED screen and when black areas on the screen move, blue traces are left behind, like ghosting. Anyone else got this problem or is it just my phone?

They all have Super AMOLED displays. Notice a pattern here?
I think it's how responsive the pixels are to turning on and off. When there are very dark UI elements on black, they leave purple traces when they move, leading me to think they just take longer than desirable to turn off/on.

Apparently it's normal, it also happens on the S7 Edge, just tested it on my friend's one

I can't say that I have noticed it myself. I mean Amoled has zero response time and does not suffer ghosting like LCD. Could it not be your eyes playing tricks on you?

I may have slightly melted the charge port and motherboard on my previous phone, which was a Galaxy SIII so I made the jump to a Galaxy J3(6) which is essentially a cheaper model of the Galaxy S6, with some of the fancier features removed. I'm a bit annoyed that I no longer have NFC ability, but that's a small thing

I can't say that I have noticed it myself. I mean Amoled has zero response time and does not suffer ghosting like LCD. Could it not be your eyes playing tricks on you?
It doesn't happen on my LED monitor so I'm pretty sure it's not just me.

Got my first smartphone a short while ago. Got lucky and managed to pick up a 32gb Galaxy S7 and an unlimited everything plan. I love everything about it

Well I figured out that my girlfriend is getting a note 7 because well she can.
I asked why, she said that it's like what she has now.
So I looked at some reviews and if she wanted something like the note 7, go with the S7 edge.
All I have seen it's a more expensive S7 edge with s-pen. Even the reviews are saying they won the S7 over Note. Gives more notice that it's not worth it.

Last edited:
Back