What Phone Do You Have?

• Thread starter benzoboy
  • 2,513 comments
I upgraded a month early to a Huawei P10 Plus with 128gb/6gb RAM.

Loving it. I've come from an Xperia Z3 Plus, which continuously threw up sim errors and wouldn't charge without one of my wife's hair bands clamping it together.

I'm off to Spain on Friday, so a good chance to put the Leica Dual Camera to the test.

I'm using my iPhone 6S Plus with 128GB in Space Grey which I picked up with a heavy discount back when I worked for Apple.
Still kicking strong, curious to see how it'll handle iOS 11, probably going to be using it for another 1 or 2, or maybe until it doesn't receive any software updates unless it bites the dust beforehand.

There has been some talk that Android O is called Android Oatmeal Cookie.
As DP3 is out and still looking like it's a good work in progress.
System UI had some more customization tools that are now gone but hoping they make a return.

Gonna start looking for a replacement for my Z2 in the next few months. I've dropped it in a club and people were dancing on it :lol: . The back is cracked and the headphone jack is kaput but it is still working fine.

The Pixel, iPhone, and S7/8 are all too expensive so my number one option is the XZ. Might look at One Plus but not sure if it can be fixed here.

Upgraded my iPhone 6S Plus to a OnePlus 5 3 days ago. Really loving the experience so far back with Android OS and with the OnePlus family!
How does it look in the flesh? I've been thinking about upgrading to the OnePlus 5, but I'm not a fan of the design. It looks too much like the iPhone 7 Plus. :yuck:

How does it look in the flesh? I've been thinking about upgrading to the OnePlus 5, but I'm not a fan of the design. It looks too much like the iPhone 7 Plus. :yuck:

Although it does look really similar, I think that the design looks slightly better. As well as it seems to feel more comfortable and safe in my hand. I don't feel like I'm going to drop my OnePlus 5 like I did my iPhone 6S Plus.

There are some issues with Bluetooth Connectivity right now that I hope they are trying to sort out, as well as the camera is not all that great. But it is a $500 phone. So it still wipes the floor at price per performance as an equivalent iPhone 7 is double the OnePlus 5's price.

I'm still on a Galaxy S6 Edge, looking to upgrade in a couple of months. Was offered an early upgrade to an S8 or S8+ but the tariffs for them were stupid so I decided to wait (£60 per month+). I don't need a new phone that badly.

I've been using the Amazon Fire Phone for almost 2 years now. I've held out a bit for an upgrade. I'm thinking of going with the Moto G5 Plus 64gb. The Nokia 6 seems pretty appealing too, but at the price point the processor is a bit weak. The Moto G5+ 32GB will probably beat it handily in terms of processing power and battery life. :(

I've been seeing the LG G5 for $250, but the bootloop error and GPS issues make it seem like a time bomb.

Well, I sorta broke my Samsung Galaxy J6 or J7 or something a couple months ago, so I went out and got a ZTE Warp 7. Honestly it's probably the best phone I've ever owned. The screen is crisp and clear, the battery life is brilliant for my use, and with a memory card I have over 130gb of memory. Only gripes are that it is a bit too big for me and the screen can be a touch dim, but other than that 11110000000% recommend

Well, I sorta broke my Samsung Galaxy J6 or J7 or something a couple months ago, so I went out and got a ZTE Warp 7. Honestly it's probably the best phone I've ever owned. The screen is crisp and clear, the battery life is brilliant for my use, and with a memory card I have over 130gb of memory. Only gripes are that it is a bit too big for me and the screen can be a touch dim, but other than that 11110000000% recommend
Ditto here with a ZTE ZMax Pro. Came from...i don't remember. It was a junk phone before.

I got the Moto G5 Plus today. 11m taller and 8mm wider makes a very noticeable difference. I'll get used to it, but I liked being able to fit the Fire Phone comfortably in my hand.

I picked up a refurbished iPhone 5s on the cheap about a month ago and love the thing. I got my dad's old iPhone case for free as well when he upgraded to a second-hand 6s Plus after my brother-in-law upgraded to a 7 Plus and gave it to him. It's almost overkill for my phone usage, but I love having a phone I can truly do everything with on one device instead of needing multiple to do everything.

Got a Galaxy S8+ a month or so back and I haven't stopped loving it. Recently started playing with the split window and pop-up window and the amount of information you can have on screen at one time isn't something I've really experienced on a phone before.
Screenshot_20170728-091424.png

I've got YouTube, Discord, and Chrome open at once and it's surprisingly manageable and easy to full screen a window for a moment before going right back to that layout.

This thing with the Clearview case and always on display is pretty fantastic, too:
e.jpg

The camera is phenomenal, as well, especially the slow motion quality in both sound and smoothness. I've always been impressed by Samsung products even if I usually went the LG route, but they've outdone themselves with this thing.

It's also just a beautifully designed device:
5942f2dc00854.jpg

@Minty I think the amount of screen estate will increase even more if you got rid of the nav bar. Android uses Immersive mode to hide the nav bar and status bar. Using an app called Tiles, you can add a quick shortcut in the drawer to turn on or off immersive mode. Of course you may need a different navigation method, so i use Edge gestures app. but you can un-hide the nav bar anytime by swiping from the bottom or opening the notification drawer

@Minty I think the amount of screen estate will increase even more if you got rid of the nav bar. Android uses Immersive mode to hide the nav bar and status bar. Using an app called Tiles, you can add a quick shortcut in the drawer to turn on or off immersive mode. Of course you may need a different navigation method, so i use Edge gestures app. but you can un-hide the nav bar anytime by swiping from the bottom or opening the notification drawer

Funny, less than a few hours after I saw your post an update for the S8 downloaded that allowed me to do just that.:lol:

Only I can swipe up from the bottom of the screen to bring them bar up and lock it/unlock it at any time.

Screenshot_20170730-111915.png

2013 Xperia Z

Honestly one of the few phones I've had that I genuinely miss aside from my Nokia 1020(I miss it for the hardware and the as yet unmatched phone camera/flash, Windows Phone is still kinda meh).

The ability to use your headphone cord as an FM radio antenna was actually amazing, especially with the active noise canceling via dedicated mic. Being waterproof and having an amazing camera(great even by today's standards) was really nice, too.

If I weren't a sucker for massive screens I probably would have gone with the Experia XZ Premium just because of my fond memories of the old Xperia Z I used to have.

Been on/off the Android ship so new iPhone every two years.
Last year went with the gigantic iPhone 7+ 256 GB (Matte black) and I barely put it down during any day. Monster battery life by today's standard (between 9-11 hours on screen time is a win for me).
Work phone is an iPhone6 (silver) and should be upgraded to 7 but i skipped that because of my 7+.

From the Android side, i have had the opportunity to get an invitation to buy the 1+ One after 4 months back in 2014(?) and i obsoletely loved this phone. First android phone was on 1.6 donut and it was a sony Xperia X10.
If i switch back to Android, it'll be either to Sony or to a one plus.

Welp, decided to go for the bang for your buck option and ordered the Xperia X. I thought it was a weak phone but I've seen a lot of videos and reviews saying it hangs with the top flagships of last year easily. It will be $270 so not too bad (the XZ was slightly under double that). My main concerns are the heat and the battery.

Was only available in Lime Gold so I hope it doesn't look too bad in real life.

Welp, decided to go for the bang for your buck option and ordered the Xperia X. I thought it was a weak phone but I've seen a lot of videos and reviews saying it hangs with the top flagships of last year easily. It will be $270 so not too bad (the XZ was slightly under double that). My main concerns are the heat and the battery.

Was only available in Lime Gold so I hope it doesn't look too bad in real life.

Update: received it yesterday. The color looks a lot better in real life (also my first non black/white phone). Haven't had the chance to use it yet (Nano SIM) so will report back.

Upgraded from a BlackBerry Z30 to an iPhone SE. I do like actually having a real selection of apps. The size is a lot smaller, so I'd have to get used to that. I love the ability to take slow motion video though.

Back