What Phone Do You Have?

• Thread starter benzoboy
  • 2,513 comments
I have the normal 6 and I love it. For the price, nothing can beat it IMO. It feels fast like any other modern phone out there, but it's much cheaper than other flagship phones. I only have a few small gripes with the phone. 1: The speaker sucks. It's definitely a main component that they cheaped out on. 2: The vibration motor is relatively weak. Sometimes I don't feel it in my pocket. 3: The camera is good, but not as good as the flagship phones.

The 7 is supposed to come out in May and rumors say it'll look like this

Oneplus7-600x334.jpg

I don't like Pop up cameras (feel they'll eventually go wrong). Does the 6T have a wide angle camera and is the screen HDR compatible?

I'm deciding between it and the S10, but there is a massive price difference. Heard the Gcam apk works really well.

I don't like Pop up cameras (feel they'll eventually go wrong). Does the 6T have a wide angle camera and is the screen HDR compatible?

I'm deciding between it and the S10, but there is a massive price difference. Heard the Gcam apk works really well.
The second camera only does depth perception (for the bokeh/portrait mode). The screen is HDR10 certified I believe. You can watch HDR content on YouTube. I haven't tried Netflix because I don't have an account with HDR. However all the HDR does is force the screen to be at the highest brightness

The second camera only does depth perception (for the bokeh/portrait mode). The screen is HDR10 certified I believe. You can watch HDR content on YouTube. I haven't tried Netflix because I don't have an account with HDR. However all the HDR does is force the screen to be at the highest brightness
Interesting . seriously considering it. Main issue would be a lack of presence in Egypt so wouldn't know how to fix it Will sleep onnot but very tempting.

Guess that Galaxy Fold has some issues.
Bubbling in the screen that ultimately breaks the screen.
Dirt and small items getting into the hinge and breaking it when trying to close.
(Both were from 1 day of use)

Could the Galaxy fold be like Note 7?

Guess that Galaxy Fold has some issues.
Bubbling in the screen that ultimately breaks the screen.
Dirt and small items getting into the hinge and breaking it when trying to close.
(Both were from 1 day of use)

Could the Galaxy fold be like Note 7?
I honestly dont understand the appeal of a foldable phone its just not connecting with me.

I honestly dont understand the appeal of a foldable phone its just not connecting with me.

It's just fanboys
Or some just don't want to carry a tablet around and have everything on a phablet

It's just fanboys
Or some just don't want to carry a tablet around and have everything on a phablet
Bit unfair.
A fold-able phone in theory allows phones to be physically smaller while allowing the screens and usability to be bigger and much better.
If I could have an iPhone 4 sized device in my pocket but an iPhone XS+ sized display, that'd be awesome.

It's just the usual case with first gen that they are janky

Bit unfair.
A fold-able phone in theory allows phones to be physically smaller while allowing the screens and usability to be bigger and much better.
If I could have an iPhone 4 sized device in my pocket but an iPhone XS+ sized display, that'd be awesome.

It's just the usual case with first gen that they are janky

Galaxy fold is as small as the iPhone 4 when folded, but an iPad Mini when expanded.
Again mostly the people who want a phablet (Note series but slightly bigger screens)

Galaxy fold is as small as the iPhone 4 when folded, but an iPad Mini when expanded.
Again mostly the people who want a phablet (Note series but slightly bigger screens)

The fold seems quite alot larger than the iPhone 4
(couldn't find a direct comparison)
google_fold_map.gif

history-iphone-5-hero.jpg

The way the Galaxy Fold folds is a bit extreme unlike the Mate X which folds on the outside giving the spine less of a bend.

It's quite embarrassing that quite a few units have failed only days after being in the hands of reviewers. Also they said there wouldn't be a visible crease on he production model when there very clearly is. Don't know how Samsung are going to handle this so it doesn't turn into another Note 7 fiasco.

From what I've read, the phone comes with a protective film on the screen on the inside and apparently you're not supposed to take it off. Some of the devices apparently didn't come with the label saying you can't take it off. If you do take it off, the screen basically dies

From what I've read, the phone comes with a protective film on the screen on the inside and apparently you're not supposed to take it off. Some of the devices apparently didn't come with the label saying you can't take it off. If you do take it off, the screen basically dies

Yeah those failures are understandable and I'm sure Samsung will ensure there is a warning for the consumer units not to remove that film (like has been shown but was not on the reviewers units).

I can see why some people would have thought to remove it but I'm surprised they didn't think twice about considering why it might be there, I mean I certainly wouldn't have taken it off because it said nothing on it and I realise a folding screen has no glass so obviously needs something fused to it for protection.

What's worrying are the ones that failed without the protector taken off. Like that one which developed a bulge under the screen and another which started to peel from the edges.

Looks like the Samsung Galaxy Fold has been officially been delayed "By at lease a month"
As Samsung said that the "hinge" is partly at fault by causing screens to go wacky and die.
But nothing was said about that "film"
So I guess we'll wait and see what has to offer especially when it's close to 2k$ you want a decent phone that can last more than 72 hours, or it may be just ahead of it's time still.

Looks like the Samsung Galaxy Fold has been officially been delayed "By at lease a month"
As Samsung said that the "hinge" is partly at fault by causing screens to go wacky and die.
But nothing was said about that "film"
So I guess we'll wait and see what has to offer especially when it's close to 2k$ you want a decent phone that can last more than 72 hours, or it may be just ahead of it's time still.

Yeah, there seems to be more underlying issues with the screen mechanism as a whole
because Samsung wouldn't have delayed such a major launch just due to the handful of reviewers that improperly removed the film.

It's good they are doing so so they can iron out any issues because no one is going to fork out £2K on a phone that lasts 2 days! Problem is if its a potentially major design flaw it might mean this thing is already basically DOA until the Fold 2, if there ever is one.

It's good they are doing so so they can iron out any issues because no one is going to fork out £2K on a phone that lasts 2 days! Problem is if its a potentially major design flaw it might mean this thing is already basically DOA until the Fold 2, if there ever is one.

I would agree at lease this is happening now and not when hundreds or thousands of them are out and have to recall all of them. (Note 7)

And if it is a design flaw then the other fold phone that is in the words may have a chance.
But we'll find out if there is any in the next few weeks.

I wouldn't be getting a foldable screen yet still getting teething problems. I picked up a Razer Phone 2 about a month ago. Really happy with it. Smooth 120hz screen and great speakers. I can still run it flat in a day though with heavy use. No I'm not a phone gamer, I'm a Sim racer:D.

Sounds like the OnePlus 7/7 Pro will be in line with the Samsung S10 series for pricing.

Sounds like the OnePlus 7/7 Pro will be in line with the Samsung S10 series for pricing.
I doubt the regular 7 will be expensive. That would completely go against what they've been doing in the past.

If the rumors are true that the Pro will have a motorized camera and a 90hz screen, then it could easily have a high price although it definitely is disappointing that that's what they're doing now

The OnePlus 6T already costs more than the Galaxy S9 and other flagships in Australia (grey imports). OnePlus have been increasing the prices of their flagships with each generation, the 3 was when they stopped making "cheap" phones.

I doubt the regular 7 will be expensive. That would completely go against what they've been doing in the past.

OnePlus confirmed it though. That it'll cost more.
7 will cost more than the 6t (6T price at launch was $549.) (But didn't say how much more)
7 Pro will be around the S10 line.

Last edited:
OnePlus confirmed it though. That it'll cost more.
7 will cost more than the 6t at $549. (But didn't say how much more)
7 Pro will be around the S10 line.
Anything below $600 is still pretty cheap for the specs that it'll have. I'm honestly okay with that but the Pro version would be a hard sell for a lot of people I think

Phones - $600 - Cheap :lol:

My limit is about $200. I'm not super glued to them like most people are, my life doesn't depend upon it, and it wouldn't be bad to go 72 hours without one. I'll take whatever unopened insurance replacement phone there is on ebay for under $200 that has a decent camera on it, but other than that there's not much to entice me to a phone.

Anything below $600 is still pretty cheap for the specs that it'll have. I'm honestly okay with that but the Pro version would be a hard sell for a lot of people I think

6T started at $549.
So it will be more than that.

Probably thinking around the iPhone Xr price.

The OP6 cost ~$530 USD, and the Pocophone F1 cost ~$300 USD. I'd expect a similar price difference between the Poco F2 and the OP7.

OnePlus positioned themselves in the "premium" flagship market a while ago, Pocophone is the new OnePlus.

So latest update on One Plus 7 Pro pricing (Subject to change)
OP7 Pro around $749 for the 8GB/256GB
OP7 Pro 6GB/128GB - $699
OP7P 12GB/256GB - $819

No mention of OP7.

Edit:
OP7Pro.
Teaser video shows up.
Dropping into water.
(No IP rating)
:confused:

Last edited:
$669 for the OnePlus 7 Pro (6 GB RAM and 128 GB storage). I think that's an extremely fair price for a 1440p 90 hz AMOLED screen, 3 cameras, bezel-less design, and a pop-up camera. It's also the first phone to have UFS 3.0 storage!

I thought I was going to be mad that they're going upmarket in terms of pricing, but considering all the things you're getting, I think it's absolutely a fair price.

Latest Posts

Back