What Phone Do You Have?

• Thread starter benzoboy
  • 2,513 comments
Well, it's definitely better than nothing. Hopefully, you'll enjoy your purchase. I'm also wanting a similar phone to that in the future someday but for me, it really takes blood, sweat and patience to make hard-earned money.
Better than a lot of things. You're making it out to sound like it's the worst piece of hardware ever :lol:. I'm sure the majority of people work hard for their money, to be able to buy such things, as well.

Better than a lot of things. You're making it out to sound like it's the worst piece of hardware ever :lol:. I'm sure the majority of people work hard for their money, to be able to buy such things, as well.
Worst piece of hardware? I never said or implied such a thing, you know? I just said earlier it is one expensive phone.

Jeez, I wonder why it's hard for some people here to try not assume things.

Worst piece of hardware? I never said or implied such a thing, you know? I just said earlier it is one expensive phone.

Jeez, I wonder why it's hard for some people here to try not assume things.
Well you said it's better than nothing. If you didn't mean that, cool. Not assuming anything really, just going off directly what you said and telling you what it sounds like but try not to get too bothered by such a simple post.

Well you said it's better than nothing. If you didn't mean that, cool. Not assuming anything really, just going off directly what you said and telling you what it sounds like but try not to get too bothered by such a simple post.
Because he said this.

As a company I still don't like them, or the actual fanbase... But as a phone it's pretty good I suppose.
Which is true anyway. Having the phone is good and better than nothing at all.

Actually, I would have wanted the XZ1 since it was my original choice as an upgrade to my old phone but then again, it's sad that it isn't available as a new one anymore.

I can only see them being sold through used sellers or stores, which I wouldn't just consider because probably they might be problematic.

Oh well, I guess I'm just going to move on from this brand. :indiff:

I bought my XZ used actually since it was too expensive for what it is when new. I think used phones are fine as long as you can have a thorough check on it before purchase. It would be much better if you can get your hands on refurbished sets in your country. However, expect wear and tear to the battery. But if going used is a concern, I guess going to other brands would be better off. Samsung and some other Chinese brands are producing real good phones nowadays.

Fun fact, I've used a lot of XPERIA phones in the past. Starting from the XPERIA P, Z, Z2, Z3, Z3+, Z5, X Performance and now the XZ. All of them except for the P were used and I've had a fair share of good times with them. I honestly could see myself jumping to Samsung like previously mentioned, but if I could struck a good deal on used XZ2 then I might get that one just for the sake of it being a "Sony". Haha!

I bought my XZ used actually since it was too expensive for what it is when new. I think used phones are fine as long as you can have a thorough check on it before purchase. It would be much better if you can get your hands on refurbished sets in your country. However, expect wear and tear to the battery. But if going used is a concern, I guess going to other brands would be better off. Samsung and some other Chinese brands are producing real good phones nowadays.

Fun fact, I've used a lot of XPERIA phones in the past. Starting from the XPERIA P, Z, Z2, Z3, Z3+, Z5, X Performance and now the XZ. All of them except for the P were used and I've had a fair share of good times with them. I honestly could see myself jumping to Samsung like previously mentioned, but if I could struck a good deal on used XZ2 then I might get that one just for the sake of it being a "Sony". Haha!
Me too, I feel like I had some sort of special connection to this brand. I know a lot of other smartphone brands are a lot better these days but even if they do, I still can't forget Sony. Maybe this means I might appear a loyal fanboy for some but it's not simply like that.

Well, if I'm going to push through with my decision, I guess I won't have any choice but to buy a used one since I can't find a new one anymore.

After going through a bothersome dilemma in carefully deciding which phone I would buy as an upgrade to what I currently have, I've finally chosen one; an Asus ROG Phone II. :cool:

Last month has been one year since I got my first-ever smartphone- the Motorola moto e5 Cruise. I was looking for a smartphone for me and my mother when we visited a Cricket Wireless store last year in November. I did my research on YouTube then and was fairly pleased with this inexpensive smartphone to where I recommended it against two other low-priced phones. I have never had any smartphone experience prior to last year, and I had a lot to learn about smartphones. I am an old-fashioned person, so I feel it is best having a dedicated device for media and browsing is better rather than adding program after program and app after app on my smartphone. I also am using it without having access to an SD card slot.

Other than that, this Motoola moto e5 cruise smartphone handles most of my basic needs for when I actually do use it.

I bought a OPPO Reno Z to replace my old Samsung Galaxy S5, the OPPO Reno Z is a great phone charges very fast battery last all day it has more memory than my old computer the screen is beautiful it's like reading from paper and it doesn't burn my eyes when I turn it on at night. The only down side is you can't have individual notification tones for contacts and it only lets you change the Messenger notification tone to the phones official list you can only change it by default tone for all apps but other than that no problem.

Google Pixel 4 XL. Had the phone since release. I freaking love the phone. It was a upgrade over my galaxy s8. Only gripe that i have with it is that i wish it had a micro sd card slot.

I've still got my Galaxy J5 2017 from a few years ago, It does the job and anything bigger wouldn't fit in my pockets, I may upgrade later this year or next year depends how long it keeps going healthily.

Got a Xiaomi Mi 9T Pro, excellent phone for the price, paid more or less what I had paid for my previous phone, a Moto G5 plus, while getting way more in features compared to the flagships of the year.

Also, I love the all-display no notch experience.

I've been using an S10 5G since last June. The Time of Flight camera added over the S10+ swung it, despite not having 5G where I live.

Hey guys, it's phone upgrade time again (needed as my current phone keeps crashing - I'll fix it with some rooting), but I'm wondering which to get. I've basically narrowed my choice to either the Huawei P30 Pro or the One+ 7 Pro. 5G isn't really that important to me, but both phones are the same price for the same data allowance.

Does anyone have an opinion on the two and which is better?

The camera on the Huawei is probably better, but I think the overall experience is better with the OnePlus. If you believe in all the political hub bub surrounding Huawei, then the OnePlus would also be a safer choice most likely.

disclaimer: bit of a OnePlus fan

A mate of mine has a P30 Pro and I own a OnePlus 3 (obviously outdated to the 7 Pro, but still).

I personally prefer a stock-ish version of Android (OxygenOS) to a heavily skinned version (EMUI), but that's just me. The P30 Pro does have a fantastic camera though, and the camera experience on OnePlus devices typically isn't as good when compared to other flagships (not that camera quality is bad, just not quite as good as the others).

Have a feel for both devices and decide what features you want, everyone has different needs.

For me,
I'd go with OnePlus.
Mostly because Huawei is still currently "banned"

Does anyone have an opinion on the two and which is better?

Would definitely recommend the OP7 Pro. Had one for a while now and it feels great in the hand, plus Oxygen OS is fluid and simple while also allowing for customization. Only catch is I'd recommend downloading a GCam port if you're big into photography. The stock camera app is very capable in 90% of situations, but the GCam app is super easy to install and delivers impressive results on any hardware.

Using GCam is amazing. I also use it for my OnePlus 6 and the results are so much better. It's just a shame that it doesn't use the other camera

If I didn't dislike EMUI so much I would have already upgraded to a P30 Pro from my P10. The appeal of OxygenOS brought the OP7 Pro to the top of my list but having tried one recently I'd rather plump for something smaller. The 7T isn't quite what I want from a new phone either, and with the OP8 announcement about a month away I'm holding out until late spring.

There's also the Sony Xperia 1 II arriving soon. Other than the typical Sony tax pushing it well above what I'm willing to pay* it looks very much like my ideal phone.

*Until the swift price drop

I've recently purchased the Galaxy S10e. I have got to say, best phone purchase since I got my first smart phone, the Palm trio. I had the S8+ and did not appreciate the curved screen at all. I had broken 3 phones in all over the course of a year, all screen related, all would have been non issues with a normal screen.
I am very pleased they decided to bring back a flat screen. Its nice to have a case that properly protects the screen and doesnt have a lip at just the top and bottom.
I opted for the blue phone, and got a case with a textured clear backing so the color can be seen. The phone itself has worked very well. The screen looks good. Atmos works better than I would have expected with youtube videos. Even without headphones on it works pretty amazingly. I dont game much, but the few games I games I have worked without issue and the display looks nice and crisp. It's just the right size, not too small for videos and reading, but not too bulky in the pocket.
Overall, months later, I am still pleased with this purchase. That's a rare hair indeed.
So, a year on since having bought the s10e and its till going strong. Battery is still working nearly as well as new, the screen hasn't broken (just about 3 months is all a curved screen would last me) and it's not really dropped a beat. I have to say, I am really pleased still with this purchase and if I had to buy another phone right now, it would be another s10e.

Here a question for all you people with phones that isn't apple. :lol:
If a flagship phone that has always been on the SD800 series but decided to go to the 700 series to save costs would you still buy that phone or would you want the 800 series?

Considering that mid range SOC's are pretty damn powerful nowadays and the fact that I rarely play games on my phone nowadays, I wouldn't mind going for a 700 series (depending on the particular variant used), but that also depends heavily on the pricing of said flagship.

to save costs

As long as the end price of the device is lowered to reflect those cost savings I don't see an issue. If they demand the same price for downgraded spec I'd pass on it though.

@Nexus @Minty

Say that "flagship" was around 500$ because the new LG G9 is going the way of the Pixel 5 both having the 765 5G SoC.
Costs would probably say that amount.
Now granted you can get OnePlus and other said phones with the 800 SoC for that price too but you wonder what did they lack?

I recently got a Samsung S20 Ultra, and boy it's awesome!!! I was happy enough with my Note 10 + (only got this S20 through work), but this thing is on a whole other level! Love it

Back