What Phone Do You Have?

• Thread starter benzoboy
  • 2,513 comments
Guys, one question, how good is the OnePlus 7 pro?? My current is a Galaxy S5... Still good but the apps is making it showing it's age...

Currently have an iPhone 8 and was planning to get an iPhone 11 Pro Max next month with my contract extension, but because I’ve been furloughed and will have less income, I’m gonna stick with the 8 for now :)

Main reasons why I want the 11 Pro Max are the camera, the bigger screen and better battery life, hopefully when things get better I’ll be able to get it :D

Currently have an iPhone 8 and was planning to get an iPhone 11 Pro Max next month with my contract extension, but because I’ve been furloughed and will have less income, I’m gonna stick with the 8 for now :)

Main reasons why I want the 11 Pro Max are the camera, the bigger screen and better battery life, hopefully when things get better I’ll be able to get it :D
I've had one day with heavy use that the battery has gone below 50% on my 11 PM and that was when I forgot the charger at my dorm. Lasted the next day to 20%. Don't think I've ever had a phone that could last this long and doing as much stuff with it as I do. Pretty amazing.

I've had one day with heavy use that the battery has gone below 50% on my 11 PM and that was when I forgot the charger at my dorm. Lasted the next day to 20%. Don't think I've ever had a phone that could last this long and doing as much stuff with it as I do. Pretty amazing.
Since my 8 is approaching 2 years old, the battery life has taken a big hit, after a day of uni or work it’s barely above 10% in the evenings.

Thank god for my power bank that saves me, I wouldn’t even make it home before it eventually died on me. I want the 11 Pro Max so bad :lol:

Since my 8 is approaching 2 years old, the battery life has taken a big hit, after a day of uni or work it’s barely above 10% in the evenings.

Thank god for my power bank that saves me, I wouldn’t even make it home before it eventually died on me. I want the 11 Pro Max so bad :lol:
My LG G4 would be down to 30% within 45 minutes of use early in the mornings. Had no choice to update.

Some November last year I had an iPhone 6s and an XPERIA XZ. Sold both, replaced them with an iPhone 7 in matte black (now wrapped in midnight green, the same colour as the one on iPhone 11 Pro) and an iPhone SE in space gray. I finally decided to leave Android and this will be the first time since 2013 that I won't have any Android phone in my possession.

I have a product red iphone 7. I need to get something else though since this one has taken a beating from my 2 year old.

I really like iphones, but part of me really despises apple too. So I’m looking at my options. My main focus is having a good camera.

When I bought this phone they transferred all my stuff from my old iphone 5 to 7. Is this possible if I buy a Samsung phone? Or do I have to do it all myself at my own pc?

I have a product red iphone 7. I need to get something else though since this one has taken a beating from my 2 year old.

I really like iphones, but part of me really despises apple too. So I’m looking at my options. My main focus is having a good camera.

When I bought this phone they transferred all my stuff from my old iphone 5 to 7. Is this possible if I buy a Samsung phone? Or do I have to do it all myself at my own pc?

Back up your iPhone to the cloud. Then, download the Samsung Smart Switch app; after that, sign into your iCloud, and it should be pretty straight forward from there on

Back up your iPhone to the cloud. Then, download the Samsung Smart Switch app; after that, sign into your iCloud, and it should be pretty straight forward from there on

Yup, just like what TS050 said. Everything should be straight forward with Samsung Switch app. However, do take note that if you use Whatsapp, all your conversation from the iPhone cannot be transferred over to Android.

I can confirm that the battery life on the 11 Pro Max is amazing. I often charge mine only every second night. If I give it a real beating, I may choose to put it on the charger each night, just in case it doesn't make it through the second day.

Also, the camera is outstanding. If you are serious about photography, (as in "serious enough to use RAW"), then you might want to consider adding the ProCam app. I also use NeuralCam for low light shots. Both apps are really worth considering. It's like having a DSLR in your pocket. My real DSLRs are very neglected these days.

I decided to treat myself a little.

E17CE590-AD40-4F47-927A-917C4ADE9D7C.jpeg

Just a heads up, there is this image doing he rounds that crashes many Android phones, particularly Samsung's and can put them into a bootloop.

If you find it on the internet or are sent it DO NOT set it as your wallpaper. Apparently its cursed :lol: but it seems to be something to do with the image being faulty having a RGB value higher than 255.

Looks like this,

android-wallpaper-crash-jpg.926700

Have had my S7 for over 3 years now and although it pretty much in mint physical condition, it has slowed down a lot and downloading a thousand plus memes on it and never deleted a screenshot I ever take... It's 32 GB is bursting at the seams. A manual cleaning would likely help it out a lot :lol:

After some research, it appears the S20 isn't much really better than the S10 and the S10 has a headphone jack. (Although that isn't a deal breaker for me.)

I'm likely going to go for the S10 Plus as it also has a cooling mechanism which is nice.

So, any reason I should go for the S20 rather than S10?

Last edited:
Have had my S7 for over 3 years now and although it pretty much in mint physical condition, it has slowed down a lot and downloading a thousand plus memes on it and never deleted a screenshot I ever take... It's 32 GB is bursting at the seams. A manual cleaning would likely help it out a lot :lol:

After some research, it appears the S20 isn't much really better than the S10 and the S10 has a headphone jack. (Although that isn't a deal breaker for me.)

I'm likely going to go for the S10 Plus as it also has a cooling mechanism which is nice.

So, any reason I should go for the S20 rather than S10?

The S20+ has 5G connectivity if you're looking to future-proof your handset. But if that's not a key buying point and you don't mind the extra bulk or the inferior screen, you should be fine with the S10+.

There's also the S10 5G which has quicker charging, a larger battery and a few other minor additions but with an even more obnoxious double hole-punch and no 12GB RAM option. I doubt it's worth the extra $100 over the original S10+ unless you're with Verizon so you can make use of their 5G network.

The S20+ has 5G connectivity if you're looking to future-proof your handset. But if that's not a key buying point and you don't mind the extra bulk or the inferior screen, you should be fine with the S10+.

There's also the S10 5G which has quicker charging, a larger battery and a few other minor additions but with an even more obnoxious double hole-punch and no 12GB RAM option. I doubt it's worth the extra $100 over the original S10+ unless you're with Verizon so you can make use of their 5G network.
Thanks for the reply.

I'm not even sure my area has much 5G coverage anyways so that too is not a deal breaker. Looking at the processor and such it all looks similar, so hardware wise I'd think they would both date out similarly and receive the same updates and new android title updates... that's really my main concern.

I have been very satisfied with this phone... i believe the phone i have had the longest ever without it failing, or being obsolete...

Nokia 6.1
AndroidPIT-nokia-6.1-6320.jpg

Over time, I learned my Motorola e5 Cruise was slowly having a bloated battery. I noticed this when I found out why my phone couldn't stay jammed in. I learned how to eventually break apart my smartphone's phone case. When I got to it, I learned the battery was bloated. Never before have I dealt with bloated batteries since using Android devices dating back to 2012. This meant I had to get a new battery, but my mom insisted I get a new phone.

So yesterday, I checked into a Cricket store to get a new phone. I learned my new phone is called the Cricket Icon. This is my first Android 9 device. I learned Android 9 is Android "Pie." The device runs on the Go Edition of "Pie." Suffice to say, the Cricket Icon is quite lovely and responsive. I like this new smartphone of mine so far replacing my Motorola e5 Cruise. If possible, I may want to get a new battery for the e5 Cruise and use it as a secondary Android device or even for potential mobile app/game development. I think my old phone can still work on a new battery. I just haven't tried to get a new battery for the old phone just yet.

But yeah- I'm pretty impressed so far with the Cricket Icon. Just getting used to Android Pie with this device.

Just upgraded from my six year old Motorola Moto-X to a Motorola g stylus. MUCH more storage, 6.4 inch screen instead of a 4.5 inch were the big motivation.

Still rocking a Galaxy S7 with a 128GB SD card. That's a lot of dog photos and videos. The battery is starting to show its age.

I keep an S5 around, because its IR blaster is super handy with universal remote apps.

I used Iphone for a long time, switched to Samsung. There are some cool things with Android OS, but there are bugs that never happened on Iphone and it is really annoying when they happen. Probably gonna go back to Iphone or try OnePlus.

I used Iphone for a long time, switched to Samsung. There are some cool things with Android OS, but there are bugs that never happened on Iphone and it is really annoying when they happen. Probably gonna go back to Iphone or try OnePlus.
OnePlus runs Android.

My Cricket Icon phone has lovely color quality, but it has a weaker camera than my previous Motorola e5 Cruise. I took a picture of some food I recently ate using my Cricket Icon and my Samsung tablet, and the picture was sharper and more colorful with my tablet. I still am aware my Icon isn't going to replace any kind of camera(s) I may have. It was still an interesting observation to actually test my newer smartphone's camera.

Forgot about posting in this thread lol... Finally, after 3 years I upgraded to my 1st ever brand new phone earlier this month (and after a full 1+ month negotiation with the seller :lol::lol:). Like Nexus, I also went for a Xiaomi Mi 9t but only with a few differences...

20200727_142538.jpg

Mine's the IMO tastier flame red version (that's not the default case btw, that's one I bought later, with glass included, hence why the bezel looks big)...

20200727_142528.jpg

And, it's also not exactly the Mi 9t, it's the Redmi K20 Chinese model (they are the same thing, the Mi 9T just being worldwide), and...

Screenshot_2020-07-26-21-36-03-891_com.google.android.apps.translate.jpg

It's the (beep)ing bonkers, flagship-murderer exclusive edition!! ♥ (Snapdragon 855+ - Adreno 640/8gb Ram/512gb internal storage)... All for S/. 2000 ($575), hefty for a phone over here in this side of the Pacific (especially since you get the max. 6gb ram/128gb storage Mi 9t pro with $430), but considering the fact I had to import it from Hong Kong since you only get the Mi 9t pro over here, and I still wanted an OnePlus 7t pro to make all my phone+quarantines savings worth it (despite also suffering quarantine pay cuts too), I gotta say, considering Iphones can stupidly go to $2000 over here with same memory spec, this was still, a burglar ♥ (especially since it comes with a headphone jack and preset configurations for each type!)

So I've been eyeing the Samsung A50 and am wondering if it's a good buy. I don't really care about top of the line and I tend to keep my phones for a while. Thoughts?

So I've been eyeing the Samsung A50 and am wondering if it's a good buy. I don't really care about top of the line and I tend to keep my phones for a while. Thoughts?

Just so happens that that's the phone I'm rolling with ATM.

For the price, I have minimal complaints with the main one being no default non-Google Play music player out of the box (...that I'm aware of, possibly an idiot. Also, I don't readily stream unless it's fairly obscure).

So I've been eyeing the Samsung A50 and am wondering if it's a good buy. I don't really care about the top of the line and I tend to keep my phones for a while. Thoughts?

I would go for the a51, in terms of power it doesn't change too much, but you have better ram/storage setup and quad cameras... and doesn't change too much in price.

I also HIGHLY recommend to check out JerryRigEverything on youtube before buying a phone, since he touches what most of us slip, the hardware... Best example is the OnePlus Nord (in which he even helped OnePlus with the marketing surrounding the hype), revealing it has plastic frame instead of metal (something cheap for being $400+, making it weak), or the Galaxy Z-Flip's "folding glass" thing ;)

He did even teared down the K20/Mi-9t, revealing it has some water resistance! (IP rating my (beep)) :lol::lol:

Back