What rare cars do you own on GT5?

  • Thread starter Thread starter testdrive426
  • 188 comments
  • 44,329 views
My Lotus Espirit Sport 350 loves to say hello
:P
 
Sucks the online used car dealership wasn't around from the beginning. It took me a long time to get a truck - I felt a little cheated when the OUCD had one first day it came out. Same with the FGT...



I just found 3 of these 5 in the OUCD... sorta takes the "rareness" aspect away.

EDIT: All 5 of them are in there.

lol,that post was made 12/28/2010..way before the RUFs appeared in the OCD :yuck:

on topic: I finally found my prized possession, Spoon S2000 :)
 
Wait! There are rare cars now?

With the OUCD and Duping I dont think there is any such thing as a rare car in game.

Unless you are doing things the hard way to complete your collection, you can get any car in the Marketplace right here at GT5 planet.

BTW, I got all my cars without duping. There are no rare cars, every standard car cycles through the UCD eventually.
 
Wait! There are rare cars now?

With the OUCD and Duping I dont think there is any such thing as a rare car in game.

Unless you are doing things the hard way to complete your collection, you can get any car in the Marketplace right here at GT5 planet.

BTW, I got all my cars without duping. There are no rare cars, every standard car cycles through the UCD eventually.



well the car count is up to 1200+ now with all the varaitions. i'm at 1203 now with 1108 of them non doubles!
 
lol,that post was made 12/28/2010..way before the RUFs appeared in the OCD :yuck:

on topic: I finally found my prized possession, Spoon S2000 :)

haha, yeah... i saw that after the fact.
 
I knew this car existed only after using a lvl 1000 ticket, i have never seen anyone with it online, and i have never seen it in the UCD. The Nissan Silvia 240 RS:

NrburgringNordschleife3.jpg
 
I have the Nissan GT academy 370z and many people claim its rare..... is it really that rare?
 
I knew this car existed only after using a lvl 1000 ticket, i have never seen anyone with it online, and i have never seen it in the UCD. The Nissan Silvia 240 RS:

NrburgringNordschleife3.jpg


I found one in my UCD a couple of weeks ago and bought it. Cause it looks cool and I never seen it before. I'm glad I did since, I never seen it again since. I guess, we might be one of the few with this car.
 
I just bought the GT-R Concept LM race car. First time I've seen it anywhere. Cost just under 1 million, but man, its so fast.
Apart from that:
Saleen S7
Spyker C8
Aston Martin V8 Vantage and Vanquish
Tommy Kaira ZZII
Ford GT40 Race car
NSX Prototype LM road car
Ruf RGT, BTR and CTR2
Gillet Vertigo Race car
Chevy Corvette C5-R Race car
Dodge Viper GTS-R Race car
I have so many, can't even remember. Also, non of the cars are duped or traded for. I won them all through tickets, prizes or bought them.
 
Last edited:
MY 10 cars are:
HONDA Prelude Type S '96
MAZDA MX-5 Miata V-Special II (NA, J) '93
MAZDA MX-5 SR-Limited (NA, J) '97
MAZDA Mazda6 Concept '01
MAZDA RX-8 Type S '03
MITSUBISHI 3000GT SR (J) '98
MITSUBISHI GTO SR '95
 
According to mygranturismo.net these are my most rare cars...

  • '96 Honda Prelude SiR
  • '01 Hyundai Tuscani
  • '91 Mazda RX-7 Type R (FD, J
  • '95 Mitsubishi 3000GT SR (J)
  • '03 Honda S2000 Type V
  • '94 Mitsubishi FTO GPX
  • '01 Toyota RSC Tally Raid Car
  • '02 Infiniti FX45 Concept
  • '02 Pontiac Sunfire GXP Concept
  • '03 Infiniti G35 Sedan
 
According to mGT.net...

Rarity 10
Nissan MOTUL AUTECH GT-R '08

Rarity 9
Mazda Atenza Sport 25Z '07

I don't track my standards, so I may own more.
 
According to mygranturismo.net these are my most rare cars...

  • '96 Honda Prelude SiR
  • '01 Hyundai Tuscani
  • '91 Mazda RX-7 Type R (FD, J
  • '95 Mitsubishi 3000GT SR (J)
  • '03 Honda S2000 Type V
  • '94 Mitsubishi FTO GPX
  • '01 Toyota RSC Tally Raid Car
  • '02 Infiniti FX45 Concept
  • '02 Pontiac Sunfire GXP Concept
  • '03 Infiniti G35 Sedan

the rarity factor on mygranturismo.net is flawed in that it is only based on who has them in their garages, not if they are actually rare in the game or not. more like a popularity factor
 
the rarity factor on mygranturismo.net is flawed in that it is only based on who has them in their garages, not if they are actually rare in the game or not. more like a popularity factor

Ya, I just went there to check the "rarity" ratings and virtually all the 10 cars are like Japanese duplicates of various RX7s, MX5s, Civics etc?
 
I just found and bought a 03' Shelby Series One Supercharged from my UCD.

1st time I ever saw this car. Anyone every seen one before?
 
I have the Nissan GT academy 370z and many people claim its rare..... is it really that rare?

Well, it's a premium car if I'm not mistaken and can only be obtained by a 1000 ticket.....so yeah, I'd say it's pretty rare.
It's actually the only premium car left on my list....except for those chrome line DLC models of course.
 
GNX'87
S500
Stratos '73
CTR2 '96
3400's
Delta HF Intergrale
BTR'86
S7'02
 
Like others have said, its hard to actually have anything rare.
I figure rare is what people use.

Like seeing the Land Rover Storm in a drifting room :)
 
WOOO.. after months of hoping, The Standard Jaguar XJ220 '92 appeared in my UCD. Luckily i had just enough Cr. Straight to GT Auto to be painted British Racing Green.

Ahhh, I can rest easy with this classic sitting in my Garage :)
 
The rarest car in my garage is a Nissan Fairlady Z Roadster (Z33) '03

Oddly enough, the first car I bought in the game is my second rarest car. It's a Toyota Corolla Levin BZ-R '98. It kicked some butt right out of the gate.
 
Zonda C12S 7.3, Lancer Evo XIII RS '03, GT-R LM Road Going Verion, RX-7 GT-Limited '85.
Those are just the most rare of whats in my garage
 
Chevrolet Corvette ZR-1 (C4) '90, I consider it more rare than my Shelby Series 1 Supercharged...
 
I think the rarest at the moment is my 370Z GT Academy, or my Nismo Fairlady Z Z-Tune (The one with the Nismo accents)
 
Peugeot 206 RC, tuned to 360 Bhp and Won vs a non-Tuned Audi R8 on Nordschleife. Man it Handles like a dream !
 
Well, according to mygranturismo.net one of the rarest cars in my garage is a Daihatsu Storia CX 2WD '98!! I guess that's just cos no-one else bought it or admitted to buying it!!

I guess previously I was waiting around for the Renault Sport Lutecia Renault Sport Trophy Race Car '00 ... but then it turned up in the OCD.
 
My current set of 10 rated cars:

MX-5 V-Special II (NA, J) '93
éfini RX-7 Type RS (FD) '96
NSX '90
LOCTITE ZEXEL GT-R '00
MX-5 1600 NR-A (NB, J) '04
NSX '95
Lantis Coupe 2000 Type R '93
SILVIA Q's (S13) '91
MX-5 J-Limited (NA, J) '91
MX-5 S-Special I (NA, J) '95
PRELUDE SiR '96
LEGACY B4 3.0R '03
STORIA CX 2WD '98
éfini RX-7 Type R (FD) '93
Fairlady Z 300ZX (Z31) '83
MX-5 J-Limited II (NA, J) '93
GS 300 '91
3000GT SR (J) '98
 
Back