What rare cars do you own on GT5?

  • Thread starter Thread starter testdrive426
  • 188 comments
  • 44,329 views
I have quite a few others (checkout link in sig) but here are some of my rarest cars.

'95 Mitsubishi 3000GT SR (J)
'93 Mazda RX-7 Type R (FD, J)
'96 Honda Prelude SiR
'01 Nissan Xanavi Hiroto GT-R
'94 Mitsubishi FTO GPX
'02 Pontiac Sunfire GXP Concept
'95 Mazda Efini RX-7 Type RZ (FD)
'02 Infinit FX45 Concept
'98 Mitsubishi Legnum VR-4 Type V
'00 Chevrolet Corvette C5-R
 
This is the rarest car on my garage, I've only seen it once.

DeepForestRaceway.jpg
 
- Jay Leno Tank Car - Not rare, it's an A-Spec prize car
- Bugatti Veyron - Not rare, it's an A-Spec prize car
- Crystler Prowler - It definitely shows up in my UCD often
- Holden Morano
- Subaru 360 (With Max Mileage) - It's not rare, it's an A-Spec prize car and won in a beginner's race at that.

:grumpy:
 
RUF RGT, still don't got one.... But others do so it's only rare to me.

I think the 22b is rare IRL, personal fav of mine so I grab every one I can. I hope to get 22, so I could own all ever made, lol.
 
Subaru 22B
Nomad diablo
2xF2007
F10
Toyota GT-ONE
Audi R8 '05
An X1 got fairly.:lol:
 
I hope to get 22, so I could own all ever made, lol.


22 in 22B doesn't stand for how many was made.. the full name has some strange relevance to the sponsor of the old WRC team 555.. 22B its the hexadecimal of 555

A total of 426 were finally made! 3 cars are designated 000 and are owned by Colin McRae, Nicky Grist and David Lapworth :)
 
Is the 1997 BMW McLaren F1 GTR Race Car #42 '97 rare? Just bought that yesterday, along with other never seen and somewhat-rare cars
 
nissan r92cp, suzuki escudo, nsx lm road car, bmw v12 lmr, bentley speed 8, sauber c9, chevy c5-r, fgt, gt-one
 
BMW Mclaren
Nomad
01 and 05 audi r8's
GT-one
sauber
gt40
corvette c5r
bob dur. corvette race car, silver one
mitsu 1600 rally cars
x2010
have more but those off my head
 
Is the Nissan Bluebird Rally Car rare? Nabbed it yesterday. ;)
 
Is the Nissan Bluebird Rally Car rare? Nabbed it yesterday. ;)

Took me a month to find that car in the UCD. It then showed up 3 days in a row. ARG! Excellent find.

As for me, have them all. One of the hardest to get was the W12 Nardo. I think that showed up 2 maybe 3 times in the 1100+ days that have passed in my GT5 career.
 
Awesome. How about the Ford RS200 Rally Car?
 
Awesome. How about the Ford RS200 Rally Car?

I own it but I don't really remember when or how I got it or how long it took to get.
 
Here's my list of rare cars that i have:

- Audi R8 Race Car '01
- Buick GNX '87
- Chevrolet Corvette C5-R '00
- Chevrolet Corvette Z06 (C2) Race Car '63
- Chevrolet Silverado SST Concept '02
- Dodge Viper GTS-R Concept '00
- Ford Falcon XR8 '00
- Ford RS200 '84
- HKS GENKI HYPER SILVIA RS2 '04
- Honda S800 RSC Race Car '68
- Lamborghini NOMAD Diablo GT-1 '00
- Lexus IS-200 GT-1 Race Car '04
- Lotus Motor Sport Elise '99
- Mazda BP FALKEN RX-7 '03
- Mazda RX7 LM Race Car
- Nismo GT LM Road Going Version '95
- Nissan C-WEST RAZO SILVIA '01
- Nissan GT-R Concept (Tokyo Motor Show 2001) '01
- Nissan R390 GT1 Road Car '98
- Nissan OPTION Stream Z '04
- Oullim Motors Spirra 4.6 V8 '04
- Pagani Zonda LM Race Car
- Pagani Zonda C12S 7.3 '02
- Pontiac Sunfire GXP Concept '02
- Suzuki ESCUDO Dirt Trial Car '98
- Subaru IMPREZA Super Touring Car
- Subaru IMPREZA Coupe 22B-STI Version '98
- Tom's X540 CHASER '00
- Tommykaira ZZII '00
- Toyota SUPRA RZ '97
- Toyota SUPRA SZ-R '97
- Toyota au CERUMO Supra '01
- Volkswagen W12 Nardo Concept '01
 
Last edited:
Well, how rare can a bunch of bits and bytes be, eh? Unless it's one of those top-secret files in a discrete mainframe out in Langley . . .
As long as a car can be cloned (unlike a hockey card or a Penny Black for that matter) GT5 video-game cars will all soon be common one way or another.

What I've seen infrequently though would be the Speed 8, and the '02 GT 40.
 
Last edited:
I was just about to buy an FGT, and checked the UCD before hand, there was a Speed 8, first time I'd seen one, couldn't let it go, so back to saving for the FGT again.....
 
I was just about to buy an FGT, and checked the UCD before hand, there was a Speed 8, first time I'd seen one, couldn't let it go, so back to saving for the FGT again.....

get a lv 24 ticket... you have a 33.3% chance of getting a FGT. its a waste to buy one
 
I picked up an accord euro r last night.
Can anyone confirm/deny it's rarity?
Never seen it before...
 
GT5 Cars's List of Rarest Used Cars is ordered by rarity according to over 16,000 Used Car Dealership observations. It should be pretty definitive. This doesn't count how many people own the car, but rather how often the car appears in the Used Car Dealership.

e.
 
GT5 Cars's List of Rarest Used Cars is ordered by rarity according to over 16,000 Used Car Dealership observations. It should be pretty definitive. This doesn't count how many people own the car, but rather how often the car appears in the Used Car Dealership.

e.

That's definitely based on better observations then the number-owned 'rarity' statistics we usually see.

I'd still argue that there are no rare cars in GT5 thanks to duping/trading :D
 
That's definitely based on better observations then the number-owned 'rarity' statistics we usually see.
I usually refer to that as "popularity" rather than "rarity".

I'd still argue that there are no rare cars in GT5 thanks to duping/trading :D
I think you have a valid argument there, but there's just nothing to be done about it. On a whole, I'd bet that the number of people that dupe cars is very small compared to the number of people that play GT5, though of course those that dup are more likely to be playing online, and more likely to be on this forum.

e.
 
Vauxhall Vectra. I didn't even know it was rare, I was just trying to complete a collection of Vauxhalls. Just the Calibra left.
 
Sprinter Trueno Apex (ae86), not the ss version. Everytime im online with it someone wants to know how i changed the color lol. I tell them is not the ss version......
 
Audi R8 LMS gt3 race car.
 
Back