What wheel will you be using

• Thread starter jakenj9
  • 335 comments
I think I'll go for the G29 too. A local but well known nordic online electronics retailer has it available for less than $240 / €215.. :)

Gotta start saving! $60 per month should be doable with the little money I get..

Looks like I'm using the G29.

Picked one up today for under $400 (AUD)
($300US or 275Euro)

I've only had mine for a couple months and I see some people had issues in this thread. But I love mine! Wouldn't trade it for anything.

Will be grabbing a G29 when GTS releases. Been using a G25 since 2008 with no issues so I'll stick with the Logitech. :D

Tried a T300RS a little while ago but wasn't really a fan.

Will be grabbing a G29 when GTS releases. Been using a G25 since 2008 with no issues so I'll stick with the Logitech. :D

Tried a T300RS a little while ago but wasn't really a fan.
I've heard a bad thing about it, that even the T150 gives it a run and that its basically a re-badged G27. I've not played it or the T300 so I dont know. The G27 from what I get could have been done for PS4 but Logitech didn't want to rather sell another wheel. Maybe just hearsay I dunno. But if that's the case than Thrustmaster I'll give a shot. Regardless, the damn cable internet bill is 10 times worse than a new wheel, if I loose cable I cant race anyways!!

First laps with this bad boy
Great upgrade over the DFGT,
smooth FFB and the pedals really do make a big difference.
You have to really bury the brake pedal to get 100% braking strength.

IMG_20160717_114506.jpg

When/if I get this game it'll probably be the G29. Purchased the T300 18 months ago in preparation for the PS4 age but was really disappointed. Stock pedals were terrible, and the upgrade pedal set with clutch and add on shifter were out of stock for months.

For the nearly $600 I was about to shell out it wasn't worth it. Returned the wheel and got a G27 for around $200-250 on Amazon. Never looked back. Plus, the G27 shifter is compatible with the G29 so there's another $60 saved. Only downside is lack of a sequential shifter (other than the paddles).

Funny thing, the G27 is currently listed for $670 on Amazon! :eek:

Seems like by now the developer would post a confirmed compatible wheel list?! Would be nice if i knew i had another game to look forward to in the near future!

I've heard a bad thing about it, that even the T150 gives it a run and that its basically a re-badged G27. I've not played it or the T300 so I dont know. The G27 from what I get could have been done for PS4 but Logitech didn't want to rather sell another wheel. Maybe just hearsay I dunno. But if that's the case than Thrustmaster I'll give a shot. Regardless, the damn cable internet bill is 10 times worse than a new wheel, if I loose cable I cant race anyways!!
The G29 basically is identical to the G27, just with a few extra buttons on the wheel. It feels (and sounds) the same. The brake pedal does feel better but that literally is just a rubber stopper added. It does seem to have better optimized settings as it performs better in most games on default settings than the G27 did. So as an upgrade from G27 it really isn't one - definitely not worth it if you didn't require PS4 compatibility (I guess though the situation wasn't much different with the G27 over the G25).
As a PS4 compatible wheel is it a great value wheel that also works equally well on PS3 and PC and is well supported in most games so is definitely one to seriously consider when purchasing a new wheel (if not going for a top end wheel).

TThe brake pedal does feel better but that literally is just a rubber stopper added.

I'm suprised at how stiff that stopper actually is.
My pedals are hard-mounted to an angled platform (you can just see it above), which rests against the wall behind it.
there is no way the carpet gripper would hold to allow you to get 100% braking power.

The G29 basically is identical to the G27, just with a few extra buttons on the wheel. It feels (and sounds) the same. The brake pedal does feel better but that literally is just a rubber stopper added. It does seem to have better optimized settings as it performs better in most games on default settings than the G27 did. So as an upgrade from G27 it really isn't one - definitely not worth it if you didn't require PS4 compatibility (I guess though the situation wasn't much different with the G27 over the G25).
As a PS4 compatible wheel is it a great value wheel that also works equally well on PS3 and PC and is well supported in most games so is definitely one to seriously consider when purchasing a new wheel (if not going for a top end wheel).

And previous pages there are someone praising the g29 like it was a best thing ever invented since i dont know, internet maybe? even told the far more superior fanatec cswv2 owner to sell their wheels. i had been scratching my head trying to figure what his agenda is. LOL

And previous pages there are someone praising the g29 like it was a best thing ever invented since i dont know, internet maybe? even told the far more superior fanatec cswv2 owner to sell their wheels. i had been scratching my head trying to figure what his agenda is. LOL
Clearly your agenda is misrepresenting people. I never made out like it was the best thing invented and if you think that, your comprehension skills need improving.

When I said that I'd sell a Fanatec wheel it had absolutely nothing to do with any Logitech wheel, it was in regard to the next GT wheel which is not a Logitech wheel because the next GT wheel is a direct drive wheel which is a superior technology to belt driven and gear driven wheels.

Also my comments about the G29 were only in relation to the previous Logitech wheels and not compared to Fanatec, Thrustmaster or wheels from any other manufacturer. My comments about the G29 were strictly in relation to comments by people based on what they have read or watched on the internet when they try to make out that the G29 is nothing more than a repackaged G27. Since I have compared the wheels side by side I can say that the improvements made are good improvements and the G29 is a better wheel than the previous Logitech wheels. Mine was an absolute steal for only AU$275 new which is roughly equal to US$209 in comparison a T300 is about twice the price. So depending on the price you can find it the G29 is well worth a look, it has improvements that make it better than a G27 and it is compatible with the PS4.

However if the price of the G29 was comparable to a T300 as I know it is in some places I wouldn't think twice about choosing the T300 over it.

And I have also stated my enthusiasm many times for the upcoming direct drive wheel because I only intend on using direct drive wheels in the future.

I will use the Thrustmaster T300, I it had it since March 2015, no problems yet, but I purchased a four year warranty from Walmart for $45.00, The warranty is $53.00 now. If you live in the United States or have Access to Walmart.com I would strongly recommend purchasing it from there with the 4 Year warranty. The advantage in the T300 is the Interchangeable wheel, The F1 Wheel is going to be nice for F1 2016, and some of the GT cars in Assetto Corsa and GT Sport, The G29 you are stuck with only one wheel NO Interchanging them, and if the T300 Servo base ever goes out beyond warranty date you can simply replace only the Thrustmaster Servo Base for $259.00, and reuse your wheel and pedals. If the Logitech Servo Base ever goes out beyond warranty date you will have to buy the whole set $329.99 at Amazon and $399.99 everywhere else. The Thrustmaster Eco-System is A super convenience, not so with the Logitech G29. Just A thought when making your decision on which wheel to buy.

(Let's Not forget the Thrustmaster T150!!) for those who don't want to spend T300 or G29 Dollars. The Thrustmaster T150 is $199.00 and the pedals are interchangeable along with the manual 6 speed shifter is optional with it.
Good Luck, and see you on the Grid.:cheers:

I will use the Thrustmaster T300, I it had it since March 2015, no problems yet, but I purchased a four year warranty from Walmart for $45.00, The warranty is $53.00 now. If you live in the United States or have Access to Walmart.com I would strongly recommend purchasing it from there with the 4 Year warranty. The advantage in the T300 is the Interchangeable wheel, The F1 Wheel is going to be nice for F1 2016, and some of the GT cars in Assetto Corsa and GT Sport, The G29 you are stuck with only one wheel NO Interchanging them, and if the T300 Servo base ever goes out beyond warranty date you can simply replace only the Thrustmaster Servo Base for $259.00, and reuse your wheel and pedals. If the Logitech Servo Base ever goes out beyond warranty date you will have to buy the whole set $329.99 at Amazon and $399.99 everywhere else. The Thrustmaster Eco-System is A super convenience, not so with the Logitech G29. Just A thought when making your decision on which wheel to buy.

(Let's Not forget the Thrustmaster T150!!) for those who don't want to spend T300 or G29 Dollars. The Thrustmaster T150 is $199.00 and the pedals are interchangeable along with the manual 6 speed shifter is optional with it.
Good Luck, and see you on the Grid.:cheers:
Pretty sure I checked this before and it wasn't the case, but it's now also available in Canada from Wallymart:
http://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/thrustmaster-t300rs-racing-wheel-ps4ps3pc/6000192915075

NOTE: I took the transaction to step 3 which is payment, but it's not offering me any extended warranty that I can see. I don't usually get extended warranties but in this case I'd make an exception.

Pretty sure I checked this before and it wasn't the case, but it's now also available in Canada from Wallymart:
http://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/thrustmaster-t300rs-racing-wheel-ps4ps3pc/6000192915075

NOTE: I took the transaction to step 3 which is payment, but it's not offering me any extended warranty that I can see. I don't usually get extended warranties but in this case I'd make an exception.

The only way i would buy a T300 now is with a really big warranty to let me sleep in peace.
Hope your new doesn't show any kind of problem, even if you take the extended warranty. I'm dying to buy another TH8A and F1 add on.

You might want to call Customer Service, And Inquire if they Service a Product Care plan in Canada, To speak to a Care Plan Customer Service Representative, call them at 1-877-968-6391. Let Us know what they say, hope it works out for you. :cheers:

You might want to call Customer Service, And Inquire if they Service a Product Care plan in Canada, To speak to a Care Plan Customer Service Representative, call them at 1-877-968-6391. Let Us know what they say, hope it works out for you. :cheers:
Thanks:cheers:. I did email them on Saturday. No response yet. If I don't hear anything in the next couple of days I'll call instead. 👍👍

I am allready usign a g29 with pCars on Ps4, will use it with AC and GTS as well. I have a g25 that I used with ps3/PC, so i can really fell the upgrade, unlike those who had a g27.

The recent announcement about possible G27 support may get me into GTS a little sooner, but I'm not preordering. Still have to get a PS4 first. Maybe in a year or so. Staying tuned.

The recent announcement about possible G27 support may get me into GTS a little sooner, but I'm not preordering. Still have to get a PS4 first. Maybe in a year or so. Staying tuned.

It's good news, but we've had mixed messaging from Polyphony on this. I'm hopeful, but I'll believe it when I see it in the release version. It seems like one of those things that as a first party studio they could just be told "no, you have to only use approved hardware".

I'm not going to be using any wheel as my DF GT still works fine so screw current gen, hello PC.

According to the GTPlanet news article older wheels may be compatible with GTS - it's probably worth waiting a bit to see what is confirmed.

According to the GTPlanet news article older wheels may be compatible with GTS - it's probably worth waiting a bit to see what is confirmed.

These type of rumors always seem to gain traction and circulate fast. The reason why I believe this is A false rumor is because console game devs don't include software for older wheels on the PS4 because the old wheels are NOT supported buy the PS4. The blame is licencing by Logitech. Because Logitech is marketing their new wheels to console Sim Racers, and selling off their old inventory to PC Sim Racers. ( I wish you had posted the link to this article, I bet it's A false rumor). But to be honest Logitech should get licensing for their customers with older wheels, It would only be the right the to do.

Well, since the T500 is supported on PS4 games, even if you can't use it on the game's menu. Maybe, and i say only maybe, the Logitech Driving Force GT will be compatible with the GTS.

Since it is a official GT wheel too, the legal rights of it be or not be compatible depends not only on Logitech's decision, maybe PD and Sony can have the power on making it happen.
Because we know that if it's only on Logitech's hands... it will never gonna happen.

I'll be using the G27 with the crosshair adapter, that works just like if the g27 was supported in ps4, I recommend it

Back