What wheel will you be using

• Thread starter jakenj9
  • 335 comments
I'll start with the G29 and hopefully by the time the following Gran Turismo is released I'll have a T300.

I have the lowly T-150, but it works pretty good for me. Just having a wheel is huge, so the 100-odd euros for this was a no-brainer...

That new direct-drive thing though... :drool:

(used to have a T-500 years back, but sold it when poor)

Anyone had a problem with the G29 getting really hot? Mine actually started smoking mid race. Default settings on project cars

These type of rumors always seem to gain traction and circulate fast. The reason why I believe this is A false rumor is because console game devs don't include software for older wheels on the PS4 because the old wheels are NOT supported buy the PS4. The blame is licencing by Logitech. Because Logitech is marketing their new wheels to console Sim Racers, and selling off their old inventory to PC Sim Racers. ( I wish you had posted the link to this article, I bet it's A false rumor). But to be honest Logitech should get licensing for their customers with older wheels, It would only be the right the to do.

It's not a rumour: it's a quote directly from Kaz himself (well, okay: from a translator working with Kaz).

As ever, I'd recommend people wait to see how it pans out in the actual release copy of the game, but anything's possible. Considering the GT brand's pull, perhaps Kaz & Co are working with Logitech, Thrustmaster, and other wheel manufacturers on getting their older peripherals compatible. Maybe they've seen the backlash that has happened this generation, and figure GT is/was enough of a big-numbers seller to justify the leg work.

Basically, if the companies see it as beneficial to the bottom line to expand support, they'll try to do just that. It's just good business practice, in my opinion.

It's not a rumour: it's a quote directly from Kaz himself (well, okay: from a translator working with Kaz).

As ever, I'd recommend people wait to see how it pans out in the actual release copy of the game, but anything's possible. Considering the GT brand's pull, perhaps Kaz & Co are working with Logitech, Thrustmaster, and other wheel manufacturers on getting their older peripherals compatible. Maybe they've seen the backlash that has happened this generation, and figure GT is/was enough of a big-numbers seller to justify the leg work.

Basically, if the companies see it as beneficial to the bottom line to expand support, they'll try to do just that. It's just good business practice, in my opinion.

I read the article, and see clearly now that it is NOT A rumor, But I still don't see how Kaz can make it more profitable for Logitech to sell less G29's:odd: To me that makes no sense for all parties, Logitech, Sony and Polyphony Digital. I have heard many good intentions from Kaz that didn't work out. And if Kaz wants the GT community to believe he can accomplish this, he needs to share with us how he and Sony intends to compensate Logitech's loss of G29 sales, Because Logitech is already invested into the G29. And Logitech has already shown the GT Community they really don't give A damn about their G25 & G27 customers having PS4 compatibility, That's why Logitech didn't pay the licensing fees to Sony for the G25 & G27. So the whole proposal makes no sense that Logitech would take the loss for GT Sport, So Kaz needs to explain this, and until then I will remain pessimistic about the whole idea. "Fool me once, shame on you, Fool me twice, shame on me":cool:

Last edited:
1 post? Did you invent the crosshair adapter?
No man I lost my old account in here so I created this new one, I bought it last week and was impressed with how it worked so well, sorry if that looked like advertising. It was created by Reasnow as far as I know

Right now I have a Logitech Driving Forge GT that Ive used for I think 6 or 7 years, playing GT5, GT6, some Need For Speed games, and some NASCAR games. When I get a PS4 (which I will be getting in a week!) I'll probably buy the Logitech G29 with the Driving Force Shifter to use with NHE, Assetto Corsa, and GT Sport. I've always loved how the Driving Force GT feels, especially with GT6 and I've heard some good reviews about the G29.

I am looking to finally buy a steering wheel but could do with some recommendations.

What wheel would you suggest is 'the best'? The cost isn't a factor so any help is much appreciated.

I am looking to finally buy a steering wheel but could do with some recommendations.

What wheel would you suggest is 'the best'? The cost isn't a factor so any help is much appreciated.
From what I've heard:

For first-time buyers, go for the Thrustmaster T80.
For the most reliable, the Logitech G29.
For the best, Thrustmaster T300. It's not very reliable though.

If you want the best fully licensed wheel for PS4, which is guaranteed to work with GTS, then right now you should buy a T300 alcantara set (T300 base, T3PA pedals, 599EVO rim), along with a TH8A shifter. And buy a sim rig or at the very least a Wheelstand Pro to mount it on.

The "best PS4 wheel" situation could change before GTS launch, though, for two reasons:
  1. Thrustmaster has teased a new high end wheelbase which will be up the food chain from the T300, branded for Gran Turismo Sport.
  2. Fanatec, while currently in a fight with Sony such that their wheels are not being supported in currently releasing games, is due to release the CSL wheelbase at some point, and that will probably offer similar or better than the T300, for a similar or higher price.

(Note that if Fanatec and Sony settle up, the Clubsport Wheel v2, Clubsport Pedals v3, Porsche or other rim and Clubsport shifter, if supported, would be excellent kit, but would set you back around €1800 right now, triple the Thrustmaster kit)

From what I've heard:

For first-time buyers, go for the Thrustmaster T80.
For the most reliable, the Logitech G29.
For the best, Thrustmaster T300. It's not very reliable though.

I would say first time buyer = t150 / g29
Medium enjoyment and equipment= t300rs
THe best? This below

thrustmaster-gtsport-wheel-1-768x576.jpg

If you want the best fully licensed wheel for PS4, which is guaranteed to work with GTS, then right now you should buy a T300 alcantara set (T300 base, T3PA pedals, 599EVO rim), along with a TH8A shifter. And buy a sim rig or at the very least a Wheelstand Pro to mount it on.

The "best PS4 wheel" situation could change before GTS launch, though, for two reasons:
  1. Thrustmaster has teased a new high end wheelbase which will be up the food chain from the T300, branded for Gran Turismo Sport.
  2. Fanatec, while currently in a fight with Sony such that their wheels are not being supported in currently releasing games, is due to release the CSL wheelbase at some point, and that will probably offer similar or better than the T300, for a similar or higher price.

(Note that if Fanatec and Sony settle up, the Clubsport Wheel v2, Clubsport Pedals v3, Porsche or other rim and Clubsport shifter, if supported, would be excellent kit, but would set you back around €1800 right now, triple the Thrustmaster kit)

T300 all the way, but i would hold my money on the TH8A first, mostly because we haven't see any manual transmission action and info on GTS, unless you are buying in intention on playing other racing games too.

T300 is not top of the food chain now btw, some had argue t500rs is the best now, far more superior than t300rs because of the ffb power, which i don't agree.

T300 is not top of the food chain now btw, some had argue t500rs is the best now, far more superior than t300rs because of the ffb power, which i don't agree.
I own both the T500 and T300, so I (also) get to have an opinion on which is better. :)

I like the extra power of the T500, but the lower internal resistance of the T300 makes it my preferred option. Both are good wheels, though, just slightly different experience.

As for a shifter: GTS is not the only sim around. Investing in this kit and not getting at least AC and DiRT Rally to join GTS on your PS4 would be a huge shame. And those two bring some excellent manual shifting options.

I own both the T500 and T300, so I (also) get to have an opinion on which is better. :)

I like the extra power of the T500, but the lower internal resistance of the T300 makes it my preferred option. Both are good wheels, though, just slightly different experience.

As for a shifter: GTS is not the only sim around. Investing in this kit and not getting at least AC and DiRT Rally to join GTS on your PS4 would be a huge shame. And those two bring some excellent manual shifting options.

Yeap. Exactly. But some people here their world revolve around GTS so.......

I also liked the t300rs. The fluidity and details are way superior. Actually i dont like the dampening feel of t500rs. But my friend keep on argue with me, MORE MEANS BETTER. Im freaking tired of talking to him.

Fanatec V2
Sadly, today's Fanatec CSL announcement made 3 things clear:
1. Today's CSL Elite base is PC/Xbox One only and will not support PS4 even through a new rim.
2. There also will not be any more games on PS4 which support the CSWv2, even with a new rim (see the comments on the link below).
3. A new CSL base will be fully licensed for PS4 soon, and will share rims, pedals and shifters with the CSW base.

Details here:
https://www.fanatec.com/forum/discu...net&utm_campaign=General+Links&a_aid=gtplanet

So basically Fanatec entered into licensing agreements with Sony and the outcome is the same as Logitech and Thrustmaster: separate wheel bases needed to support the two different consoles.

Doesn't look like a clamp comes with it. Just those weird vacuum things underneath that never work.

Sadly, today's Fanatec CSL announcement made 3 things clear:
1. Today's CSL Elite base is PC/Xbox One only and will not support PS4 even through a new rim.
2. There also will not be any more games on PS4 which support the CSWv2, even with a new rim (see the comments on the link below).
3. A new CSL base will be fully licensed for PS4 soon, and will share rims, pedals and shifters with the CSW base.

Details here:
https://www.fanatec.com/forum/discu...net&utm_campaign=General+Links&a_aid=gtplanet

So basically Fanatec entered into licensing agreements with Sony and the outcome is the same as Logitech and Thrustmaster: separate wheel bases needed to support the two different consoles.

This really makes me mad since if I'm understanding correctly, almost three years after the systems launch Sony has changed the rules regarding what wheels it would allow to be used on its console. They originally said it was up to the game developer, not anymore apparently. I feel especially bad for people that bought a CSWv2 since that was marketed as compatible with the PS4 IIRC.

I may well be clutching at straws here but something occurred to me, if the DFGT was the officially licenced GT wheel which was developed in collaboration with PD, that would be a deal between PD and logitech, could that deal have included use of the drivers in future GT games?

Back